Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it's just me. I hate that song*.

*unless David Hasselhoff is making a video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

*unless David Hasselhoff is making a video.

That's actually the only version of the song I know. The video was awesome.

EDIT: Yup, still awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
That's a really good trailer. I have absolutely zero knowledge of GOTG other than "There's a raccoon in it." After watching that trailer, I feel like I not only want to see it, but have enough understanding of who these characters are and what the tone of the thing will be.

It's not at all what I was assuming GOTG would be.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's actually the only version of the song I know. The video was awesome.

EDIT: Yup, still awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

I'm not kidding when I say I wish they'd used Hasselhoff's version. If only because just hearing it makes me think of that awesome video.

I keep thinking GotG is feeling like a cross between Farscape and the Hellboy movies.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 25, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Godzilla trailer 2 if anyone was wondering.

e: drat this looks good.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 25, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting to see it has a kind of revisionist history twist to it.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I am legitimately psyched for Godzilla and that feels really weird.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 25, 2014

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I still don't get how The Double is suppose to be a comedy with these kind of trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG8qATRtNuU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I saw The Double at TIFF, it has comedic elements and well dramatic. The major qualm with the story is just its a paint by number checklists and tropes of that genre and style of story telling. Feels very much like a first time writer figuring out their strengths and weaknesses through the film and literature they admire and strive to emulate. Visually it is a very striking and unique film.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I just really hope that it doesn't have some fight club twist and both of them were him all along.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I was on the fence because I wasn't really feeling Eisenberg's performance but then Chris Morris showed up in the final second so of course I'm going to watch it.

Harminoff posted:

I just really hope that it doesn't have some fight club twist and both of them were him all along.

Of course they're both him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ayoade's strength on Submarine was the directing and not the writing so that's about what I expected. Nice to see that Chris Morris hasn't aged at all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transformers: Age of Extinction teaser trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGpDoyJvmI

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Well, then.

I shall purchase a ticket to view this motion picture, Mr. Michael Bay.

ommega
Oct 21, 2010
So is the girl screaming "Dad!" this film's version of Shia's "No,no,no,no.no!"

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The MSJ posted:

Transformers: Age of Extinction teaser trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGpDoyJvmI

This was pretty neat until it turned back into robots fighting other robots who are trying to destroy the world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know, to me it seemed to imply that the bad robots in this are human made/piloted Transformers. So, Headmasters.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

How have they made four goddamn robot movies and not one of them was Beast Wars

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

uPen posted:

This was pretty neat until it turned back into robots fighting other robots who are trying to destroy the world.

I haven't seen a Transformers since the first one, but I would totally watch a Michael Bay live-action Iron Giant where the mechanic finds him instead if the boy. Also, Stanley Tucci.

Everything else looked like fairly incomprehensible garbage though. Has Optimus Prime always had a ridiculous battle cry?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ror posted:

Everything else looked like fairly incomprehensible garbage though. Has Optimus Prime always had a ridiculous battle cry?

"Give me your face" - Optimus Prime.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
He also borrows the United 93/George W. Bush line, "Let's Roll!"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That honestly looks boring - as in, what else can Michael Bay do for this franchise? Who gives a gently caress about this. Let it rest and reboot again sometime in a few years.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Vintersorg posted:

That honestly looks boring - as in, what else can Michael Bay do for this franchise? Who gives a gently caress about this. Let it rest and reboot again sometime in a few years.

This. Also, the trailer felt so 2008ish, as in how they edited trailers back then. I don't know why. Other than that, it looks like a Transformers film, and so far, they have been some of the most boring modern action movies I have seen and this looks no different. No amount of "Stanley Tucci is here to ham it up, that's cool and ironic, amirite?" or Marky Mark being confused is going to change that.
Even some of the effects looked worse than before, but I guess that happens in trailers, they put the worst shots on display.

not trolled not crying fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 5, 2014

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
I remember when transformers actually had transforming robots. It was pretty fun!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Trump posted:

I remember when transformers actually had transforming robots. It was pretty fun!

What does this mean?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtu62Gklgso

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I remember when the movies had Orson Welles eating planets like they were peas or frozen sticks.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

uPen posted:

Yeah, pretty much. We had the makings of an interesting premise and then it turned into footage that looked exactly like the third film

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What was the interesting premise?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember when the movies had Orson Welles eating planets like they were peas or frozen sticks.

"Mwaaaah the ener... gon... is renowned for itsss excellence."

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Zzulu posted:

What was the interesting premise?

Random dude finds beat up old transformer and resurrects it on his farm is certainly kind of intriguing. Also hey, the government is out to make the transformers go away! That could be an interesting source of conflict, a family learns to respect the transformer and help them while the evil government is trying to eradicate them all! Something on a smaller, more personal scale that could still do big setpieces if necessary oh no wait big spaceships are here to take over and we have another big city wide explosion fest...again.

I dunno, I liked the way the trailer seems to set up the first bit of the movie. That's a movie i'd rather watch. Humans vs Transformers instead of us being a bunch of fleas while two other robots fight above us and we go pew pew

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 5, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The remake of Annie that just got a boring as hell poster has decidedly less boring trailer. Quvenzhane Wallis is charming as heck, and Jamie Foxx looks like he's having a hell of a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZ9j1WLKWM

His last name is Stacks in this version. That's hilarious.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quvenzhane owned bones in Beasts of the Southern Wild and she looks like she has an off the charts screen presence in this one, so I'm excited :unsmith:

And Bill Stacks, hahahaha holy loving god, that is too perfect. That puts Daddy Warbucks to shame.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Cameron Diaz is so irritating in comedies.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

morestuff posted:

I dunno, when she gets to put on her full bitchface she can go pretty hard. That last little bit in the trailer was golden.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

morestuff posted:

I don't know, she was pretty drat funny in The Counselor.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

morestuff posted:

Cameron Diaz is so irritating in movies.

There.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The autotune version of Tomorrow just made me sad. The last scene was hilarious and single-handedly salvaged the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Renoistic posted:

The autotune version of Tomorrow just made me sad. The last scene was hilarious and single-handedly salvaged the trailer.

yeah, that poo poo ain't autotuned.

• Locked thread