Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Still don't have Mab... or The Dragon Soul and a few other big ones.

The RNG really hates me in this game. I am in a guild that is in the top 35 and we have completed 2 Legendary tasks the last couple weeks so i have been getting a ton of keys and everything but just cannot get any good drops. I finally got my first Mythic at level 350 but not from a drop, I had to ascend it and it wasn't a card I use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
If you don't have Mab, you should use a bunch of your event keys, since the event is Glacial Peaks sp you have a pretty good chance of getting her. (Only she and Borealis are in the legendary drop pool)

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

Oenis posted:

Mab+Justice is still pretty good for the current event.

Snow Guardian
Valk
Justice
Mab

Lion's Banner

This is so stupid it's awesome.

I like this holiday event. It's very festive with everything being frozen and blue falling everywhere.
I finally got Mab full-traited from last week's glory chests and this is the best possible way to break her in. :getin:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Oenis posted:

If you don't have Mab, you should use a bunch of your event keys, since the event is Glacial Peaks sp you have a pretty good chance of getting her. (Only she and Borealis are in the legendary drop pool)

Yeah I have been, RNG still hates me...

Woot ok got Mab after a million keys and then buying 50 more with gems.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 21, 2016

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Can I get a guild invite? Seems like I might be playing this for a bit. Invite Code is LLSIX.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

LLSix posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Seems like I might be playing this for a bit. Invite Code is LLSIX.

I've sent you an invite to Gem Boiz.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

LLSix posted:

Invite sent to Gem Blossums. Feel free to ask questions about the game. The in-game information is not very complete, and there is a lot of stuff that you either need to figure out on your own or have people tell you.

Edit: son of a bitch. Again.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
currently using

Apothecary
Snowman guy
Valkyrie
Mab

blue banner

works pretty well so far, though you need to get valkyrie charged to really get things going smoothly, then you can bounce between blue and brown as the snowman and mab just get more powerful

need to try justice though to see how that works, just haven't done anything with that one yet

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Justice has an insane boost ratio when the enemy team is frozen, and loops with himself like crazy (make sure to leave all the 4/5 blue matches on the board) even if he misses, if the enemy is frozen they often can't really capitalize on that. There's a couple of variants that are all better than the snowman: archon statue in front (sturdy stoneskin), mantis in front (another great gem spawner to loop with and flood the board with colors you need), and my personal favorite, mercy in 3rd slot. Cleanse, heal and empowered to potentially get going from turn 1 are all really good.

But Valk/Justice/Mab is a good enough core that you'd be fine with basically anything else, including the event troop.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Justice is cool and good. Snowman is almost useless. The 10 blue gems on a kill is occasionally useful, and his Insulated trait is great against Bone Dragon. Single target damage is just mostly underwhelming. It hits hard, but once Justice gets going all the green and brown gems are being swapped by Valk until I cap souls, then it's just straight skull damage.

One of my "rivals" is a guy with 4 Dragon Eggs for defense. I love you, random Internet stranger. I set my defense to 4 Dragon Eggs as well, and I encounter that player fairly often. Unlike last week, I have yet to get a single defensive win, even fully traited. Heh. I always pick the fight that will give me the most event tokens.

I noticed that they reduced the amount of event tokens needed for the epic x3 to 100 this week, which seems like a more realistic goal.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Do you only get low level traitstones if you are running the snowman for the 2x? Or was I just getting unlucky during the 15-20 games I played with him?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Unlucky for you. Normal drop rates apply. I got a double Celestial yesterday, and a few double runics. Mostly it's double crap I don't need. Like majors of any color.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I got an Arcane Venom traitstone doubled, which is cool because I mean to get Kraken fully traited. But other than that mostly majors and minors.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Got a response to my ticket, FYI

quote:

Hi Bandire,

It was discovered that there is an issue with the Daily (and Weekly) Login, which some times requires players to tap the PVP button to trigger the rewards. We've made a temporary fix which activates the flashing exclamation on the PVP button when the Daily Login bonus is available.

We're trying to get a hot fix through Apple and Android before they close for the holidays, but we can't make any promises it will get through. In the meantime we have sent the following rewards as compensation for your lost Daily Login Rewards:

10000 Gold
100 Glory
5 Glory Keys

We will also send out any missing VIP rewards you may have earned in the last 5 days.

If you have any daily subscriptions, you don't have to worry about missing out on rewards, as the subscriptions don't mark off days unless you have been sent the rewards in the mail.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more problems.

Cheers,
Nimhain

Also stop sniping our newbies Grundulum! :argh:

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I got 2x Celestial stones with Snowman, so just bad luck.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm a little peeved that people are changing their defense teams based on the weekly event. Fighting 4x Dragon Eggs is not my idea of fun PVP. If I want to grind event points I do Explore. It's nice that there are 3 choices in PVP opponents I guess, but the Event system was supposed to incentivize Explore while mitigating stagnation in the PVP meta. It's great that Manticore/BD teams are less common but I'd rather face those than gimmick teams designed to make EP farming easier for other people.

I wish they would increase the rewards for successful Defends. I figured people would be setting their defend teams to ones which capitalized on the temporary buff troops but I'm not seeing many.

I'm a tad hypocritical because I'm using an all-Dragon defend team this week, but it's one I've been using in PVP for weeks now and i figure I'll have fewer revenge opportunities if I don't encourage people to invade me.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
AFAIK revenge opportunities you see in pvp are mostly unrelated to actual invasions, meaning if nobody invades you, you still get revenge battles assigned to you randomly. But yeah increasing rewards for successful pvp defenses would be neato. But I think right now the priorities for the devs are improving the AI (I hope that won't turn the game into an unfun, aggrevating mess, where the AI spots triple cascades all the time without fail) and I guess some kind of "actual" pvp vs. real opponents, live.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I blew a bunch of Diamonds on the event chests (675 * 2) - and ended up getting 2 Mab's - I only need 2 more now. I also got about 38 Snow Guardians, so he's legendary now.

I wish I could do something with keys, I'm sitting on 7000 Gold keys, and don't even want to spend the effort using them 50 damned keys at a time. I'm also wishing I could do something with Maps, I'm at around 7-800 maps.

It'd be nice if I could donate them to the guild to help the new players.

Gem Boiz 4 lyfe yo - play on.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

porktree posted:

I wish I could do something with keys, I'm sitting on 7000 Gold keys, and don't even want to spend the effort using them 50 damned keys at a time. I'm also wishing I could do something with Maps, I'm at around 7-800 maps.

Current scuttlebutt is that the new kingdom drops on or around Jan 20th. When that happens it's probably worth dealing with thousands of keys 50 at a time. You'll have the new troops at the same rarity as the whales/poopsockers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I grabbed this game and finally finished the tutorial, I don't know what the hell I'm doing but apparently there's a goon guild?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
post your invite code, probably in your profile or hero menu somewhere

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

As a new player who just recently cleared all the quests in my home kingdom, what should I be doing? What is the best way to get new troops?
My current team is:

Self,
Atlanta,
Goblin,
Sand Cobra

Atlanta has absolutely been carrying me so far. I've got ~200 gold keys. Should I save them until the new kingdom or spend them now.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Spend away. If you're in a good guild (which you should be, post your invite code to join one of our two guilds) you get something like 900 gold keys a week. There are some really solid commons available right now, like Wraith and Goblin.

The Guardians make a really good starting team too. Easy to get 4x unique troop bonus and you can spam skull generation.

Tupac shot Cobain
Jul 4, 2003

I just finished the tutorial, if there are any slots available in the goon guilds here is my invite code: wrongindustry

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Invited to Gem Boiz.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
I also just finished the tutorial. Could I get an invite for: IMPACTVECTOR_1

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

ImpactVector posted:

I also just finished the tutorial. Could I get an invite for: IMPACTVECTOR_1

Invited to Gem Boiz

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Tried Arena for the first time just now. The guide near the OP was very helpful. I went 8 - 1 with Druid, Dire Wolf, Dwarf Lord in those positions. The Dire Wolf was mostly dead weight because it was mana starved by my Druid and my Hero existed mostly to soak up damage. My one loss was from putting my Dwarf Lord in the first spot since his 11 damage attack was a major source of damage and he got murderized before he could get his extra armor up.

That's a lot of souls, 1600!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

waffles beyond waffles posted:

post your invite code, probably in your profile or hero menu somewhere

SKUB 1

I got some arena awards for kicking my own rear end :shrug: but now all of the like, explorations and poo poo are wrecking me. Probably because all of my units have poo poo HP and die instantly. Which buttons make that not happen? Also I replaced my axe with a dude, is that a good idea or a bad one? Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Nuebot posted:

SKUB 1

I got some arena awards for kicking my own rear end :shrug: but now all of the like, explorations and poo poo are wrecking me. Probably because all of my units have poo poo HP and die instantly. Which buttons make that not happen? Also I replaced my axe with a dude, is that a good idea or a bad one? Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Your hero is probably equivalent to an ultra-rare troop at early levels, an epic troop at medium difficulties, and a legendary at high difficulties. If you're replacing your hero with a lower-rarity troop, it should be with a goal in mind: synergy between two cards, having a source of healing, color coverage, etc. The hero makes a good enough meat shield (until you get enough traitstones to start getting Stoneskin on your troops), so he/she is a good choice to stick out front with the Crude Club -- it's a cheap source of damage on a troop with relatively good stats for your level.

But seriously, search your troop collection for Stoneskin and see if you have enough traitstones to get that trait on one of your troops. It's super cheap on Golem, IIRC. And don't forget that the piddly little goblin you get for free is one of the best sources of damage in the early game, since it's really cheap and you get an extra turn out of it.

Finally, don't be afraid to venture into PVP. You'll probably lose more than a few battles early on, but the ones you win give good gold rewards that can be put towards unlocking/leveling your kingdoms.

Edit: you're spending souls to increase the level of your troops, right? Under the "Crafting" menu.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Grundulum posted:

Edit: you're spending souls to increase the level of your troops, right? Under the "Crafting" menu.

Nope :shepface: I'll get on that, then. I actually really like most of my team. I'll probably bring the hero back in since his replacement kind of blows. Right now I have this zombie dude that deals direct damage and gives me more souls and generates a ton of purple orbs, I just don't have anything that can really use purple right now. And an elf guy with the ice armor skill that makes him nearly immortal if I'm lucky. I've won hard fights solely because I was able to out-armor dudes with high damage. The fourth one is the purple dude you get from the first quest line that makes attack more :effort: No golem yet.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Do you have a Banshee? IIRC she's one of the best early soul farming troops in the game right now. You should always try to have at least one troop that gains souls in your team, and possibly a troop with the Necromancy. Generally, a good beginner team to aim for is Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee, it can loop and never give the enemy a turn once it gets going, plus it earns souls quickly. Treant in front is quite tanky once you get his 3rd trait.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I really like using a wight for my soul generator. He does decent damage and generates purple gems which pairs well with Atlanta. I'm running Hero, Atlanta, Wight, Dwarf Lord right now and doing pretty okay.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nuebot posted:

SKUB 1

Did you get an invite yet? Gem Boiz is full, but we have at least one person that Jibo can punt. (Stacker)

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Likewise, Blossums has two people showing more than 30 days since their last activity. If anyone wants in I can boot one of them to make room.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bandire posted:

Did you get an invite yet? Gem Boiz is full, but we have at least one person that Jibo can punt. (Stacker)

I have not, I assume it would notify me somewhere if I had.

LLSix posted:

I really like using a wight for my soul generator. He does decent damage and generates purple gems which pairs well with Atlanta. I'm running Hero, Atlanta, Wight, Dwarf Lord right now and doing pretty okay.

That's who I use, I really like it. I actually have a question about units and rarity. I see you can like, upgrade rarities. Is that worth it? Or will a base green unit forever be inferior to a base purple one?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Stats wise, everything evens out at Mythic and level 20 (for the most part).

Some troops, especially Legendary and Mythic troops, have abilities and traits that are very powerful. But stats-wise, a mythic Wraith and Draakulis will have similar levels of magic, attack, health, and armor.

One of my best defensive teams uses Wraith as the first troop. Fully traited, he inflicts death touch and frozen on skull damage. Very impressive for a common.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Some troops, especially Legendary and Mythic troops, have abilities and traits that are very powerful. But stats-wise, a mythic Wraith and Draakulis will have similar levels of magic, attack, health, and armor.

One of my best defensive teams uses Wraith as the first troop. Fully traited, he inflicts death touch and frozen on skull damage. Very impressive for a common.

Yeah, he often winds up my main damage dealer especially since he does direct damage. The elf guy I have with the ice armor, he makes for a good tank too. I just wish I had some synergy between the two.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Nuebot posted:

I have not, I assume it would notify me somewhere if I had.

Check your game now. Just sent an invite to Gem Blossums. Sawful, you drew the short straw and got booted. If you want back in just post in the thread and we'll boot the next most inactive player: Savik.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

To go along with this, use your gold for leveling your Kingdoms up. With them all at 10, you can make even the most useless of troops useful.

For example: I made a team of 3x Fortress Gates and a Pride Guard. Normally Fortress Gate does zero attack, but there's kingdoms that give +Attack so any skull matches you make will actually do damage without coming across a 4 or 5 match. Now what the real use of them is, is their ability (+20 Armor maxed out for 9 Brown mana) combined with Pride Guard's ability that is boosted by ALLY armor (and is the only one that does that I've found). The only downside is its a 4:1 boost, so you're getting just over doubled damage (38 compared to 15) with a pristine team. Its really slow since you have only one hitter and they're not in the front row, so it'll take you forever to take anything down.

I'm thinking of making it my Defense team for a week or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Grundulum posted:

Check your game now. Just sent an invite to Gem Blossums. Sawful, you drew the short straw and got booted. If you want back in just post in the thread and we'll boot the next most inactive player: Savik.

Thanks for the invite! Took a while to accept it, was having computer trouble and that distracted me.

Coffeehitler posted:

To go along with this, use your gold for leveling your Kingdoms up. With them all at 10, you can make even the most useless of troops useful.
Might as well. I thought it used souls, too.