Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Someday I hope there is GoPro footage of dudes getting raked by a Warthog, or maybe running from an AC-130.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zm5duK3hY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

:stare:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I can't watch it right now, but is that the video with Tom hanks yelling at the end?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Imagine the friendly fire incidents if we sold AC-130s to the Iraqis

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Imagine the friendly fire incidents if we sold AC-130s to the Iraqis

We just let them tell us which MSF hospital ISIS command post to aim at.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

complacency kills

ps full vid here :nms: for gore

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I would really like a translated/subtitled version of that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Allah ackbar * ∞

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Allah ackbar * ∞

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Also I noticed that ISIS guys fire in single fire a lot and use cover where most of the Iraqi regulars and militias just loving stand in the middle of the street and open up. That probably plays a large part into why the Iraqi army is such poo poo, lovely training and/or discipline

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I've been amazed at how far middle eastern terrorist organizations have come in the past decade+. I seriously think they just started watching a lot of American gun videos on youtube and poo poo and decided to start using actual tactics and make their guys practice. It's weird, I'm so used to middle eastern guys do the spray and prayallahu ackbar.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
how quickly you all forget abu hajaar :cryinglioninfrontofblackjihadflag:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

complacency kills

ps full vid here :nms: for gore

The best is the dude at 11:30 who doesn't give a gently caress about PR

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
like dont buy into daesh bullshit propaganda vids too much. they get some rudimentary training that helps them overrun small shia militia checkpoints and occasionally beat ia units, but plenty of their dudes get loving wrecked as well. theres lots of vids of ia and shia militias using bulldozers to bury military age males wearing camo

peep this vid. snippet from some isis vid, they have trouble hitting dudes slowly running from them 30 yards away in the open. bonus of some muj walking forward firing then getting smoked and ragdolling right at the end

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

how quickly you all forget abu hajaar :cryinglioninfrontofblackjihadflag:

like dont buy into daesh bullshit propaganda vids too much. they get some rudimentary training that helps them overrun small shia militia checkpoints and occasionally beat ia units, but plenty of their dudes get loving wrecked as well. theres lots of vids of ia and shia militias using bulldozers to bury military age males wearing camo

peep this vid. snippet from some isis vid, they have trouble hitting dudes slowly running from them 30 yards away in the open. bonus of some muj walking forward firing then getting smoked and ragdolling right at the end

yeah you right, i know it's propaganda bullshit. but it's just weird seeing dudes doing tactical reloads and poo poo even if it's just their prettiest pretty princess mujahideen doing it for the camera.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol holy poo poo those guys are bad shots

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh, their lack of real training is readily apparent. That loving RPG ricochet :captainpop:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Pesticide20 posted:

The best is the dude at 11:30 who doesn't give a gently caress about PR

Very half-hearted Allahu Akbar. 30 lashes

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah I know but its just a lot different from the videos you saw in 2011 in Libya and Syria when this poo poo all first started. I guess there are some dudes who have been in the poo poo for 6 years and know what's going on now. Probably not many though

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm really glad they used tracers so we can see how awful their aim is.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Yeah I know but its just a lot different from the videos you saw in 2011 in Libya and Syria when this poo poo all first started. I guess there are some dudes who have been in the poo poo for 6 years and know what's going on now. Probably not many though

well, lybia, and syria at first, were legit peoples uprisings. the rise of isis was global jihadis taking advantage of the chaos in syria combined with lots of backing from saudis. meaning they have the funds to finance some decent shock troops comprised of religious crazies that look good against some scared conscripts who just wish they were back home. theres also the fact that the mobilization in iraq as a response to the 2014 asswhupping isis delivered means you get a lot of yokels with no real training showing up, because all the men from their town decided to get in on iraqi genocide 2: ethnic cleansing boogaloo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Their vehicle suicide bombing tactics at the start of the fighting really threw most of the armies off guard also I think. Having half your base just explode doesn't do great for morale

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Their vehicle suicide bombing tactics at the start of the fighting really threw most of the armies off guard also I think. Having half your base just explode doesn't do great for morale

It is, however, super fun to replicate in Ghost Recon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

And outside the battlefield, there's always drive-bys.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well gently caress ain't that some cowardly poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBOGK7Ogpfc

this channel seems to have a russian bent, but they show footage from both sides of the poo poo going down in mosul right now. if you go clicking through their vids, be warned theres a dead baby around the 9:15 second mark of the march 6th mosul vid :sigh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

That reminds me, Brown Moses, is the YPG going pro-assad/Russia now? A German news guy I follow is saying they are but he seems to be super anti-commie so I dunno if thats why but I don't see them going pro-assad but who knows at this point.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
russia doesnt like nato. turkey is in nato. ergo, russia doesnt like turkey. turkey doesnt like the kurds. now russia is operating in syria against rebel forces, some of which are potentially backed by turkey. so they start cooperating with the ypg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6JMx5gBi8

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

well the guy was saying they were oppressing other kurds and stuff but I thought they (kurds) were all together (fighting against isis at least), but what you say kinda makes sense

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
from my limited understanding, there is tension between the ypg and peshmerga based on ideological and geographical grounds. been a while since i read up on it so my actual knowledge is hazy at best

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

more boom boom:

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/841288098193559553

click for the twitter thread, more pictures and videos (I don't think there's any gore, but its from a warzone so keep that in mind)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Didn't some Chechens set up the first Muj PMC? I think I read they were offering training services somewhere.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

chitoryu12 posted:

And outside the battlefield, there's always drive-bys.

:stare: Jesus Christ.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

not caring here posted:

Well gently caress ain't that some cowardly poo poo

Its how I play ghost recon in single and gta5 in multi

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Its how I play ghost recon in single and gta5 in multi

Oh man I was just doing that. Rolling through checkpoints slow as poo poo and letting the AI just shoot the poo poo out of the cartel

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like to get out and use the 249. Miniguns and my AI teammates are poo poo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The ISIL drive bus are a few years old, and we're targeted assassinations. It was part of how they gained power in the region so quickly- they used HUMINT to target effective leaders and ISF officers and leaders. This decapitated some of the more effective units, combined with Special Operations type raids on Police Stations and SF checkpoints, where they hit them incognito (often with complete uniforms and equipment- including trucks and IFF markings).

I don't think the drivebys were cowardly- it is an effective tactic. Especially the way they did it in those videos.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

The ISIL drive bus are a few years old, and we're targeted assassinations. It was part of how they gained power in the region so quickly- they used HUMINT to target effective leaders and ISF officers and leaders. This decapitated some of the more effective units, combined with Special Operations type raids on Police Stations and SF checkpoints, where they hit them incognito (often with complete uniforms and equipment- including trucks and IFF markings).

I don't think the drivebys were cowardly- it is an effective tactic. Especially the way they did it in those videos.

calling any tactic cowardly is dumb. Whats the difference between a drive by on a high value target and us dropping a hellfire on his head, or special forces rolling up on a vehicle and doming every male over the age of 14. Don't want to get drive by'd? Don't be walking around by yourself out in the open during a loving war without clear front lines.

Sniping used to be viewed as a coward tactic but now good snipers are regarded as heroes.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
isis assholes have a lot of bad qualities, but cowardice isnt one of em. if they were cowards, we would never have heard about them. oftentimes they are suicidally brave, but thats mainly because theyre a bunch of death cult fanatics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

calling any tactic cowardly is dumb. Whats the difference between a drive by on a high value target and us dropping a hellfire on his head, or special forces rolling up on a vehicle and doming every male over the age of 14. Don't want to get drive by'd? Don't be walking around by yourself out in the open during a loving war without clear front lines.

Sniping used to be viewed as a coward tactic but now good snipers are regarded as heroes.

And ISIS also loves snipers. They have one of their "documentaries", Picking Heads, which is mostly just shot after shot of their snipers headshotting people standing around outposts. It does a lot to instill fear in the people there, since even looking out a small hole in the sandbags risks you getting a 7.62x54mm round through the eye. It's also probably less wasteful than sending one or two suicide bomb cars that get spotted and blown up with a rocket a mile out from the target.