Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Blindsite if you help me get tons of gear and show me up to PVP and make people like me I'll let you talk to my girlfriend that knows Nate Diaz and I'll tell you about the time I wrestled against Jake Shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is a good idea to marry and have childrens? childrens seems to be very annoying, specially male ones. Wifes seems to be everything that is unfun about mothers, into a person you can't just ignore. Do people marry and give birth to childrens just because they are machines made of meat and they are following their programming in their DNA, ignoring every warning and signal from their brain, or theres something good in having a wife and kids? they seems to get in the way of raiding.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im down to help mate, send me an inv when I'm next online. Timezones might make things hard but im always good to help.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Is a good idea to marry and have childrens? childrens seems to be very annoying, specially male ones. Wifes seems to be everything that is unfun about mothers, into a person you can't just ignore. Do people marry and give birth to childrens just because they are machines made of meat and they are following their programming in their DNA, ignoring every warning and signal from their brain, or theres something good in having a wife and kids? they seems to get in the way of raiding.

Man. Thats is exactly something I could have said!.

I believe is a long con. People get married, have kids, then wait 40 yeas. The plan is to retire and play videogames all day. Or golf. Maybe the next DLC will add a Golf mode. Mini-golf because limitations of the engine.

Destiny is a great game, I can't wait to see whats the next expansion. Bungie are better than your average game developer can make something truly special if they put time into it. Taken King exceeded my expectations, this time my expectations are low, but I still believe part of it will be kind of funny / cool. Hot-Cool. Lava and ice.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 30, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

:five:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Maaaaan just had an Unbroken torn away from me by the mercy rule, went 13-0, got two kills after the match ended :saddowns:

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Blindsite if you help me get tons of gear and show me up to PVP and make people like me I'll let you talk to my girlfriend that knows Nate Diaz and I'll tell you about the time I wrestled against Jake Shields

Rich Franklin occasionally trains at my BJJ gym and I fist bumped him once but never rolled with him.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I knew you were secretly swole this whole time Brine

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Doubles is so sweaty I hate it but I want 5000 grimoie score damnit :(

Missing that one too. At 4990

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

actionjackson posted:

Missing that one too. At 4990

I'm a couple salvage wins and side arm kills short of max too but I figure I can get those whenever. Doubles only shows up like every 3 months.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I give 0 cares about grimoire and with the retards ar lfg putting so much stock in it I kind of like it low.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

I give 0 cares about grimoire and with the retards ar lfg putting so much stock in it I kind of like it low.

I just want it to be over 5000 so I can shame people

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

Much like you my grimoire is a dainty 4380 or so and I use it as a gauge to determine if I should take a closer look at someone.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I didn't realize you had to do anything for grimoire score from crucible other than play a game mode once or visit a map once, so now I couldn't care less about grimoire score

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

I didn't realize you had to do anything for grimoire score from crucible other than play a game mode once or visit a map once, so now I couldn't care less about grimoire score

Yeah it's absurd you need 100 wins in some of the modes which is just dumb

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

5000 grimoire gets you a year 3 fatebringer

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

actionjackson posted:

5000 grimoire gets you a year 3 fatebringer

My uncle works at Nintendo and says this is totally true.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

I knew you were secretly swole this whole time Brine

I'm so swole that I can't even manipulate a controller, which explains my usual crucible performance.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Have played and won a lot of doubles over the past week.

But this was the best of the lot: https://youtu.be/fuwqw4oQ89k

3 minute mercy win with a Mark of the Unbroken.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are they gonna be doing a prepatch like in ttk? you could start getting rep and stuff early iirc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are they gonna be doing a prepatch like in ttk? you could start getting rep and stuff early iirc

Almost certainly. Every expansion has been delivered as an early patch and came with an immediate gameworld change.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Dropped into a Mayhem Clash game that was going to time. :stare:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dropped into a Mayhem Clash game that was going to time. :stare:

I used to think this was drat near impossible but I'm pretty sure they dropped the allowable play time on Mayhem. I've been seeing a lot more to time games lately.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

I just want it to be over 5000 so I can shame people

i would love to be able to delete grimoire cards so i could get it down to 420

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mikey-San posted:

Well yeah I mean if that was possible sure

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I used to think this was drat near impossible but I'm pretty sure they dropped the allowable play time on Mayhem. I've been seeing a lot more to time games lately.

I can believe that, I'll try and look at the game clock next time it happens.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

I was floating at 4200 for a while :350:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Everyone pray for Chris Brown. It's all gonna be OK my little baby breezy. We love you and support you thru this. Don't give into the negativity! ~~<3 <3~~~

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

omg chael crash posted:

What system are you on? I'm sort of in the same boat -- I just started playing again for the first time since the week Wolves came out. I'm 40 now but I wouldn't mind an undergeared buddy if you're on PS4. Add me "literallygary"

Yeah I'd like to get in on this because I want to try to get those "do all the things for year 2" events done. CoE would help that. minusX on PS4 I'll add when I'm home.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

Everyone pray for Chris Brown. It's all gonna be OK my little baby breezy. We love you and support you thru this. Don't give into the negativity! ~~<3 <3~~~

Too bad Monkeau isn't here to melt down about hip hop

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Too bad Monkeau isn't here to melt down about hip hop

:laugh:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If I install the free trial onto my Xbox that I've played all the expansions on so far, could I play without the disc?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Spacebump posted:

If I install the free trial onto my Xbox that I've played all the expansions on so far, could I play without the disc?

idk try it and let us know

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

No I tried that it doesn't work, also from then on the game will launch in trial mode randomly and you'll continuously have to reinsert the disc to get it to run.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone explain to me the Infusion system and how I should be using it?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Take a purp/exotic, find something in the same slot with higher light, infuse, the purp/exotic will now be the higher light level.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

omg chael crash posted:

Take the number from the gun you don't care about/like and put it on the one you do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Its 1 to 1 now so no stupid maths involved.

Its why when xur rolls around you should burn all your strange coins on 3of coins and also why you should have your highest light level gear equipped when you go to the cryptarch.

If you have an alt keep any gear that breaks at your current level and shift it accross to there. Ive been super lazy about infusing my alt but i could have all three chars at 330+ if I gave a gently caress about playing the loser classes like hunter and warlock.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Its 1 to 1 now so no stupid maths involved.

Its why when xur rolls around you should burn all your strange coins on 3of coins and also why you should have your highest light level gear equipped when you go to the cryptarch.

If you have an alt keep any gear that breaks at your current level and shift it accross to there. Ive been super lazy about infusing my alt but i could have all three chars at 330+ if I gave a gently caress about playing the loser classes like hunter and warlock.
I want those coins because they can cause more exotics to drop, right? and I want more exotics so I can burn them and upgrade my other gear? is that wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I want those coins because they can cause more exotics to drop, right? and I want more exotics so I can burn them and upgrade my other gear? is that wrong?

That's pretty much it.

When decrypting or accepting faction packages, always put your highest light gear on even if it's some lovely blue stuff. The system is rigged so that packages and exotics will be rewarded up to 5 points above your current light level. Merchant packages cap at 330, exotics go up to 335.

• Locked thread