Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Brigador is great, buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just finished a test, sat down to look at what I picked up from the Humble Bundle, opened up TIS-100, ignored the manual to just look at the game, and

no. Not yet. I'll work on you later, TIS-100. You look fun to figure out, but also seriously no.

(Oh it's by the SpaceChem guys, oh dear. Same as Infinifactory - I never made it far in SpaceChem, but I enjoy throwing myself up against the wall on these puzzles, so I'm glad to have them.)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

devtesla posted:

It looks interesting but I don't understand how you can have enough time and resources to make an entire tie-in audiobook but not enough to add functioning achievements. Especially for a game with so much emphasis on the free play mode.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

devtesla posted:

I will once it's on sale. I've had my eye on it for a while but $20 is a smidge beyond what I want to pay for it. $15 would be my sweet spot, $10 and maybe the OST is good for Black Friday.

I've had TIS-100 for a while and I loved Spacechem, so I've constantly been tempted to dive in, but I don't have a printer and I never remember to seek one out to print the manual. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow while the office is mostly empty.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Here peeps, have some Steam codes that are worth $.01

Volume: https://www.humble bundle.com/gift?key=zpp5uCb 4AtKewHd

TIS-100: https://www.humble bundle.com/gift?key=NdfKW4ZcUxSmYdZh

Legend of Grimrock 2: https://www.humble bundle.com/gift?key=AahBZyWGw5xFv6XN

Do as thou wilt.

Also, as a side question for people who have used Humble Bundle often, would I have been better served clicking on the Redeem on Steam button even though the game is already in my library? It gives a warning about not being able to gift to a friend, but in retrospect that's kind of silly, right? Would it just give me a Steam code I could have posted here instead of the links, and are the codes preferable or better etiquette than the gift links? I'll take my answer off the air.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Legend of Grimrock 2: https://www.humble bundle.com/gift?key=AahBZyWGw5xFv6XN

Been meaning to check this out. Thanks! :tipshat:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

LawfulWaffle posted:

Would it just give me a Steam code I could have posted here instead of the links, and are the codes preferable or better etiquette than the gift links? I'll take my answer off the air.

Yeah, it just gives you a steam code. Up to you which you prefer to post, though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh hey thanks for the reminder to read all of BitF again

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Aww, I miss Brawl in the Family.

Ciaphas posted:

Hell yeah. I'm gonna get you, Kirby.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Ciaphas posted:

I think we all needed the reminder

Thanks for that, FirstAidKite. BitF's my absolute favorite webcomic and I've been meaning to reread all of it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

that waluigi one with no one (even daisy) coming to his birthday party hit a little close though :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Relevant

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Who here didn't pick Popplio as their starter and why should I spare them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've picked the grass starter in every pokemon and i will do the same tomorrow when the time comes

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I've picked the grass starter in every pokemon and i will do the same tomorrow when the time comes

Tomorrow, I answer the call of your username.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Popplio is a joke and you know it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, one you probably knew considering I said Incineroar.

Two, the final evo was my motive for going with Litten because we don't have enough wrasslin lookin pokemon.

Three. it's goddamn Z move is summoning a goddamn wrasslin ring and the jumping off the turnbuckle and slamming the opponent into a firey explosion oblivion.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

After solving the first set of puzzles in Infinifactory (terribly), I've realized that it's essentially 3D SpaceChem. Which is...hmmm. I didn't get far in that game, but let's see how far I get when I'm eager to read more failure logs.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

Popplio is a joke and you know it

Jokes make me smile. :colbert:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The final evo for Rowlett is ghost/grass which I thought was really cool typing but now I see that there's another ghost grass that is an actual giant, angry tree so maybe I need to rethink things...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mung Dynasty posted:

I can't believe I'm looking forward to a Final Fantasy game in 2016.

I also can't believe anyone is looking forward to that game.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

For a buck? Yeah. Probably my personal puzzle GoTY and I'm not even a programmer or anything (though I do like logic puzzles a bit). I beat Mole Mania this year so that's not faint praise. It'd be up there for general GoTY, but Kirby Planet Robobot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Doom Goon posted:

For a buck? Yeah. Probably my personal puzzle GoTY and I'm not even a programmer or anything (though I do like logic puzzles a bit). I beat Mole Mania this year so that's not faint praise. It'd be up there for general GoTY, but Kirby Planet Robobot.

Good to hear! I'm looking forward to cracking into it when my brain isn't fried.

Fortunately Dragon's Dogma requires little in the way of actual thinking and I've completed several sidequests today, so hurrah!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My wife is possibly on a campaign to get me a Playstation 4 for my birthday. I'm looking forward to Bloodborne, Until Dawn (don't spoil this for me, I want to do a blind playthrough and I might even try to stream it), Dragon Quest Builders, the Final Fantasy 7 remake, which I will play even though it is a cash cow released in parts, and plenty of others I had never thought about until now because I hadn't considered the possibility that I might own a Playstation 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nier Automata and Last Guardian!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nioh and yakuza 0, and gravity rush 2, and horizon and p5 in the first 90 days of 2017 and dragon quest builders right now and *passes out from win*

way to release like 3 times as many big exclusives as you have in the last 3 years in a 5 month period i guess.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 23, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lizard Wizard posted:

s my goddamn h if you don't want an owl butler

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

My mission over the past several days has been to get a use out of each expansion pack for The Sims 3. To that end, I had my blue dude (made with third-party skin tones) travel to SimChina and seduce a local lady so he could marry her back home and breed. And he succeeded in that respect.

That boy ain't right.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I was going to pick Rowlet until Incineroar won me over by being a heel wrestler with a heart of gold

Popplio had too much competition unfortunately, but the entire line is lovely

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Saints Row 4 finally has full Steam Workshop support. You did it, IdolNinja!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Rowlet's head turns 180 degrees to look at you as one of its battle animations

also it has an adorable little bowtie!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

nioh and yakuza 0, and gravity rush 2, and horizon and p5 in the first 90 days of 2017 and dragon quest builders right now and *passes out from win*

way to release like 3 times as many big exclusives as you have in the last 3 years in a 5 month period i guess.

Yeah, they're suddenly killing it. It's gonna be good if it works out. I'll have lots of games to play.

In Training posted:

Nier Automata and Last Guardian!

I forgot about Last Guardian. I should play Shadow of the Colossus at some point.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Is Far Cry Primal worth the u$14 it's going for in the PSN store y/n. I've played and liked every Far Cry game (except for the godawful Wii one), but I'm not sure how good the gameplay would be if you removed the firearms.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GUI posted:

Is Far Cry Primal worth the u$14 it's going for in the PSN store y/n. I've played and liked every Far Cry game (except for the godawful Wii one), but I'm not sure how good the gameplay would be if you removed the firearms.

Eh.

Far Cry Primal has a neat concept but the actual gameplay is "Far Cry 4 with less content." It plays almost identically to FC4 (including the map being very similar) but in exchange for vehicles/guns/choppers/ect you get the ability to order an animal to attack instead of having to throw meat.

If you want more Far Cry 4 it'll scratch your itch but it genuinely feels like a Blood Dragon style spinoff they forced to a full length game. $14 is about right for it if you're okay with that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

Steam's Black Friday Week sale starts tomorrow :f5:.

You lied to me!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been playing a lot of the new Hitman this week, it's superb! I've spent some fifteen hours just doing a bunch of the Paris content, and tomorrow I plan on finally tackling the next mission (Sapienza I believe). I just love the density of the levels. I RP walk at all times, it feels good

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lurdiak posted:

You lied to me!
No, just 10 more hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been dividing my NES Classic time between Megaman 2, Metroid, Super Mario Bros 3, Star Tropics, Legend of Zelda, and Kid Icarus.

That last game I had no taste for as a kid. It's in dire dire need of checkpoints, and fortresses are neat but way too byzantine. However, for some reason there's a certain charm to it now. I am still trying to navigate the first fortress, but it's engaging.

• Locked thread