Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ChronoReverse posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5suzyz/passives_do_stack_proof_inside/

So some passive do stack while others do not. Stuff like Fortify Res definitely do _not_ stack while stuff like Hector's Spur Atk and Goad Armor skills do!

Buffs don't stack, but Spur ATK and such aren't buffs. IE: They don't give a little green arrow. They just change your stats in battle. They also don't work with Tharja or Nino's special ability.

Rally ATK and Hone ATK and Kindled-Fire Balm are all ATK buffs, and don't stack: the most powerful buff overrides the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Reik posted:

My Male Corrin is only level 4 but has 26 atk this does not seem fair and/or balanced? My level 20 Hawkeye has 33 attack. Both are 5-Star.

A large portion of attack power comes from the 5* weapon.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Reik posted:

Quad Gunter 2x2 fort cav brick?

Not sure if that one works, it depends if it's an in-battle buff.

Hector's buff definitely stacks though.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Reik posted:

My Male Corrin is only level 4 but has 26 atk this does not seem fair and/or balanced? My level 20 Hawkeye has 33 attack. Both are 5-Star.

First, as sassassin pointed out above, 16 atk on your corrin is from Yato. 11 atk on Hawkeye is from his Killer Axe+. Corrin's more powerful weapon makes his numbers appear bigger.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
give me henry already yuo stupid loving games!!!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

akulanization posted:

First, as sassassin pointed out above, 16 atk on your corrin is from Yato. 11 atk on Hawkeye is from his Killer Axe+. Corrin's more powerful weapon makes his numbers appear bigger.

Hawkeye will also get +6 from his passive on the offensive.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm pretty sure the game is built to sense desire and refuse to fulfill it.

Explains me only getting a 3 star Robin and no Lucina. Meanwhile? 3 Corrins. One five star.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Countblanc posted:

lol the extra dialogue you get when you get a unit to 40.

Robin: "There's a special bond between tactician and general. Chrom and I have it, I'm sure you and Alphonse must as well."
me: *looks at level 3 alphonse, sweats nervously*
That's a weird line for Robin to have since the plot points to Anna being the general of the army, and Alphonse and Sharenna just being royals that get involved.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Rushed through stuff (Effie is a pretty good tank so far, is she like that beyond level 25?) and gathered another penta-roll.

4* Odin, 5* Camilla, 4* Catria.

That's 2 5* in 2 pentas, not bad :v

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm pretty sure the game is built to sense desire and refuse to fulfill it.

Explains me only getting a 3 star Robin and no Lucina. Meanwhile? 3 Corrins. One five star.

Capcom really needs to destroy the Monster Hunter desire sensor and all blueprints for it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Awesome, pulled a 5* Marth. Add him to my 5* Takumi and Sakura, and I'm starting to get a decent team. Still haven't pulled a single blue person, so I guess it's time to start training Sharena

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Spoilers for when you get him: Henry's gets a "bonus damage against colorless enemies" tome option. If you get a 4 or 5 star version, he'll start with said tome unlocked and equipped.

You'll like using him and his puns.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Crawfish posted:

That's a weird line for Robin to have since the plot points to Anna being the general of the army, and Alphonse and Sharenna just being royals that get involved.
I'm sure the intern that wrote this plot is already replaced by now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

AradoBalanga posted:

Spoilers for when you get him: Henry's gets a "bonus damage against colorless enemies" tome option. If you get a 4 or 5 star version, he'll start with said tome unlocked and equipped.

He also gets Green Tomebreaker which can be nice to have on hand sometimes, gives him a good bit of coverage on advantages.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

PJOmega posted:

Capcom really needs to destroy the Monster Hunter desire sensor and all blueprints for it.

I think the desire sensor is a bit broken right now since I got child Tiki when I was hunting for adult Tiki and I'm entirely okay with this

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

ughhhhhh but i want to hoard orbs until next character gacha update but i want henry somebody please help me

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully the event on Friday gives orbs as reward. Anyway I have reached the point where I am just grinding up units to give me more diversity for what comes next.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How do you get more orbs from the story maps outside of buying them?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Haha, good one

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Time. Generally you get very small numbers of the premium currency over time in gacha games.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Beat the story maps on other difficulties (Hard and Lunatic). After that, you're left with bonus quests that offer a certain amount.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You get a total of 135 orbs from every main chapter completed at all 3 levels and get an additional 6 from the bonus map.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

You get a total of 135 orbs from every main chapter completed at all 3 levels and get an additional 6 from the bonus map.

And 8 more from quest rewards, and 2 a day for the duration of the launch bonus window.

Decent amount, assuming you're not aiming for someone in particular.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

And 8 more from quest rewards, and 2 a day for the duration of the launch bonus window.

Decent amount, assuming you're not aiming for someone in particular.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

As someone who has Henry, I can only imagine your pain at this point.

I'm very sorry.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Reik posted:

I'm not sure exactly how stat gains work but you shouldn't worry too much about the stats on low level characters. Stats seem to progress at a different rate for different characters, and sometimes progression doesn't take off until higher level. Catria's defense at 20 was nothing to write home about but by 40 she'll have higher def than almost every other blue character. Don't gauge a character's end performance by how they look at level bullshit, basically

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

just checking if you had any feathers for me but thats cool too abel

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

I'm not sure exactly how stat gains work but you shouldn't worry too much about the stats on low level characters. Stats seem to progress at a different rate for different characters, and sometimes progression doesn't take off until higher level. Catria's defense at 20 was nothing to write home about but by 40 she'll have higher def than almost every other blue character. Don't gauge a character's end performance by how they look at level bullshit, basically

Each unit has a final stat distribution with one that's +3 and one that's -3, randomized. I think I remember reading about a +/-1 random stat as well but I don't have it on any of my units. The level-up gains are random and seeded but eventually end up at the normalized distribution by level 40, with the two that are +/-3.

Example:
Lyn's baseline at 40 is 37 hp, 44 atk, 37 spd, 26 def, 29 res

My Lyn has 34 hp, 47 atk, 37 spd, 26 def, 29 res. So I got the -3hp, +3atk version.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
not too impressed with Marth rip

Hope the game introduces a way to learn new skills outside of the base set. He'll have a use then I think

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
p sure azura + lyn combo with either takumi or hector (they're both stupid so who cares) is the current meta

azura is able to straight give her turn to another character, and if lyn initiates an attack she automatically receives a free turn after combat (once per turn). basically lyn can have three attacks if you want, but more importantly, she can have two attacks and then completely run away unharmed.

It's loving stupid thanks for listening.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So is the consensus that it's better to sell dupe units for feathers rather than merge them with other units? Even after we get the 10k from the twitter campaign I'm gonna need a lot more to move Abel, Florina, or Gordin up to 5*.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Well, with the Gunters I got from the special maps, I guess the only unit I want that I don't have yet is Henry.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I love how the 'training' area manage to consistently throw teams at you full of 50+ atk, 35+ spd, 35+ def units? I had a 52 attack generic with 37 speed and a loving brave weapon as well as the ability to counter first when under half hp. All they needed was something like the -atk aura or the ability to counter at range to be unkillable since they also had 30-something defense somehow.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

So is the consensus that it's better to sell dupe units for feathers rather than merge them with other units? Even after we get the 10k from the twitter campaign I'm gonna need a lot more to move Abel, Florina, or Gordin up to 5*.

Entirely depends on if the unit is one you want to either use on the rarity you have or eventually upgrade, if you want to do either it's better to fuse. If you have no intention of using the unit then it's better to cash them in for feathers.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Blackdog420 posted:

p sure azura + lyn combo with either takumi or hector (they're both stupid so who cares) is the current meta

azura is able to straight give her turn to another character, and if lyn initiates an attack she automatically receives a free turn after combat (once per turn). basically lyn can have three attacks if you want, but more importantly, she can have two attacks and then completely run away unharmed.

It's loving stupid thanks for listening.

drat, tempted to drop some of my hoard to try for Lyn now, since I have Azura and Takumi already.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Saying "I will never atone" instead of "I can never atone" makes it seem like he's kind of smug about it. He could, but gently caress if he's gonna.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I love how the 'training' area manage to consistently throw teams at you full of 50+ atk, 35+ spd, 35+ def units? I had a 52 attack generic with 37 speed and a loving brave weapon as well as the ability to counter first when under half hp. All they needed was something like the -atk aura or the ability to counter at range to be unkillable since they also had 30-something defense somehow.

It's pretty BS. If they don't make the half stamina costs permanent, I don't see any reason to play the training tower at all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ChronoReverse posted:

It's pretty BS. If they don't make the half stamina costs permanent, I don't see any reason to play the training tower at all.

You still need to farm badges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
So I just worked out the stat spread on my 5* characters...

Lucina: -Atk, +Def
Kagero: +HP, -Spd
Tiki: -Spd, +Def
Camilla: +HP, -Atk

-Atk and -Spd all around in a game that is all about the alpha... :suicide: