Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Shortest Path posted:

The tech levels in eve echoes are very different from tech 2 and tech 3 ships in eve online. They're more like RPG levels here. Each tech level has a total amount of cumulative skill points you need to unlock it, and nearly every skill, ship, and module in the game has a tech level requirement. For example, you can't learn cruiser skills or fly basic cruisers until you are tech level 5.

Which is fairly quick after you claim all your advanced tutorial SP you are basically there (joining a corp is a giant sum and basically sling shots you to the end of T4) daily login rewards should get you the rest of the way pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

:drat:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

World War Eve has begun. Coalition NACAUBYRF (Not All Chinese Alliances Use Bots, You Racist Fucks) is forming.

GH and SHH have declared bounties on Honk, so gankers are coming for where we live. Stay safe.

I already declared a Pondering on Thursday night at 9pm EST, but I guess we'll discuss this too now

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 11, 2020

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Those patch notes that just popped are all buffs for the ships I like to fly

Toilet eve gooder every day

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Khris Kruel posted:

World War Eve has begun. Coalition NACAUBYRF (Not All Chinese Alliances Use Bots, You Racist Fucks) is forming.

GH and SHH have declared bounties on Honk, so gankers are coming for where we live. Stay safe.

I already declared a Pondering on Thursday night at 9pm EST, but I guess we'll discuss this too now

:knifegoose:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

First citadel timer was today...

It didn't go well, they couldn't even get into system to contest VVV's structure timer

tough day for thinly veiled racists

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 11, 2020

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I'm impressed - has VVV moved away from trainer/can-yue fleets?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

SHH and GH's first attempt at a structure citadel timer ended in complete failure. They couldn't even get into the system.

SRP for SHH around 3 bil, 10 bil for GH

Some highlights

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
I have to say, taking the fun away from the type of people that still call others "fag" and get all race baitey takes on an interesting new meaning when your kid has just come out of the closet. Not that I actually have much time to play in between work and dad life, but it's fun to watch. Good job team!

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I've never played EVE Online at all. Is this somehow easier to get into than the main game? Would someone who doesn't have nostalgia for the game enjoy it?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I also never played EO before.
It's eminently playable and pretty exciting, but you need to have tolerance for learning things in little pieces through a lot of disconnected channels. There's no awesome central repository of information (our wiki is great but you're not going to understand things the first read through).
To me it's basically a puzzle game, where the puzzle is you have seven different sources (none of which answer your actual question) and you need to figure out what's accurate and what's actually important. You feel like a loving esports archeologist playing this thing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
EO bored the poo poo out of me every time I tried. This one is much more interesting and easier/more fun to play

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

GoGoGadget posted:

I've never played EVE Online at all. Is this somehow easier to get into than the main game? Would someone who doesn't have nostalgia for the game enjoy it?

a lot of stuff has been simplified in a good way. it's much easier to get into.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Welp I can't say I'm a fan of the 'new fun rats' in missions. Guess I'll have to find a different non-mining way of earning semi-afk isk.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

I've never played EO and have been having a good time here, though tbh a lot of it is that we have a group against us who are both racist and stupid

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Welp I can't say I'm a fan of the 'new fun rats' in missions. Guess I'll have to find a different non-mining way of earning semi-afk isk.

I haven't had issues with them, what happened?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

i didnt try t10 missions but my cyclone was still wrecking missions and t8 or below stories

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Ratting wasn't much different today at t6 for me in the love pocket. I specifically avoided missions today though. With the loot overflow what should I buy cheap right now?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

PathAsc posted:

I haven't had issues with them, what happened?

They added extra waves and made the rats more irritating/stronger. It's not a huge thing, but I liked the ability to semi-afk knock out some easy missions now and then.

Also the loot is all jacked up with wrecks everywhere that only contain debris. I looted the mission I ran and got 29xdebris 1xMk7railgun 1xSensorDampener and 1xMK7RemoteRepairer. I used to get more modules than that with 1/3 the wrecks.

To be fair, I've only played one mission so far and it took forever so I'll give it some more time and try a few more.

e: I was only posting about missions and haven't done anoms yet. I was flying a VNI with good drone skills.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

living rent free in their heads

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

When are they going to drop the soft core erotica version of that? Maybe furries are involved?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Thanks Lemming, for taking one for the team when XBUX leadership tells you to.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

drat Dirty Ape posted:

They added extra waves and made the rats more irritating/stronger. It's not a huge thing, but I liked the ability to semi-afk knock out some easy missions now and then.

Also the loot is all jacked up with wrecks everywhere that only contain debris. I looted the mission I ran and got 29xdebris 1xMk7railgun 1xSensorDampener and 1xMK7RemoteRepairer. I used to get more modules than that with 1/3 the wrecks.

To be fair, I've only played one mission so far and it took forever so I'll give it some more time and try a few more.

e: I was only posting about missions and haven't done anoms yet. I was flying a VNI with good drone skills.

Ah, I glossed over that change really quickly. I've honestly been phoning it in on salvaging so I'll have to check that out later. That is annoying.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Even tier 5 missions will throw scramming rats and e-war at you. Watch out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I definitely laugh at the anti missile ewar rats as I laser them out of their misery. Lol

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

T8 has begun :toot:

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Makes me sad I dropped so many points in Rig Production but I'll reach T8 in *checks notes* 67 days.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:yeshaha:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Hope they adjust loot tables. Looting debris just ain’t worth it. For missions and regular anoms at least.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

:puppetmasters:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Are they angry because you won a fight without actually drawing up lines and fighting to the last, but instead used maneuvers?

Because this is definitely reminding me of eol lol

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I have a story for you

BNI, Brave, the chud alliance that has the corp MAGA in it, wants to move to Branch.

They have citadels in Querious though...so they begin to unanchor

So we wait the precious few days. That time is now.

brand new citadel for team anti-chud

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hahahahahahahah that fuckin owns.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lmao nice work

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Khris Kruel posted:

I have a story for you

brand new citadel for team anti-chud

:sickos:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
that is incredible.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is actually joining the corps shut down because of the war right now?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i'm watching the stream of a spreadsheet what the gently caress is wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kaysette posted:

i'm watching the stream of a spreadsheet what the gently caress is wrong with me

the right things