Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

embiid's career is probably just about over. rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

torn meniscus?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

there’s no coming back from that

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Has there been any reporting on the severity of the tear?

Also, he's gonna be 30 in March. I would never have thought his career would last this long, I expected him to be doing his Greg Oden impression by 27.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
drat that sucks.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the lakers w/out lebron or ad are shooting great from 3 and blowing out the celtics. hitting logo threes like every 5 minutes without missing any at all. i knew lebron sucked and was the problem

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol Embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he should just get surgery and try again next year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

he should just get surgery and try again next year

ill let him know you said that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thanks fart

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol Lakers shooting above 50% from 3

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Celtics should never have let DPOY Marcus Smart go

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

lol Lakers shooting above 50% from 3

austin reaves made multiple logo threes that he took for no reason lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

austin reaves made multiple logo threes that he took for no reason lol

gotta defend the whole game, not just when ya want to

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

gotta defend the whole game, not just when ya want to

even vanderbilt went 2 for 2 from three and he’s one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

even vanderbilt went 2 for 2 from three and he’s one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league

drat i didn't think the Celtics defense was that bad...poo poo, that's gonna be a problem in the playoffs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

drat i didn't think the Celtics defense was that bad...poo poo, that's gonna be a problem in the playoffs

we’ll see

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Normal teams mysteriously becoming supernaturally competent from 3 when they play the Celtics does seem to happen a lot

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
boston allows the 3rd most three point attempts but their opposing 3p% is 26th. they've almost certainly gotten really lucky

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It has cost us a lot of playoff games when, eg, the Atlanta Hawks get a really good game and sink a million 3s. Like, I have posted to this effect on multiple occasions

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

loquacius posted:

It has cost us a lot of playoff games when, eg, the Atlanta Hawks get a really good game and sink a million 3s. Like, I have posted to this effect on multiple occasions

the obvious example is heat last year in the ecf. it was like the entire team was steph curry clones for 3 games

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

heat shot over 50% from three in 3 out of the 7 games and 47% in one of the others. the heat were the 4th worst 3 point shooting team in the nba last season too, at 34% average for the year

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

loving awful officiating in the Wolves / Magic game. Wolves still should have won but seriously that was some garbage no calls in the 4th quarter.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
there was a lady ref in the okc/hornets match too. it wasn't a very competitive game, so i didn't care what calls she was making.

for years, i have meant to read tim donaghy book but never found the time. then, i heard that he was a ref for a pro graps league. i'm not reading his book! it's clear the nba is rigged.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
enough of this

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

For real, get the gently caress out you piece of poo poo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat I tuned out for a few weeks and this thread really went to poo poo.

Anyway, Kuminga is a loving baller now.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

They added more woman refs to distract from the fact that all the refs are obviously betting on games and rigging them. And the twisted part is that it’s working.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Poppers posted:

They added more woman refs to distract from the fact that all the refs are obviously betting on games and rigging them. And the twisted part is that it’s working.
hire
more
women
gamblers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the worst thing about the refs is that all of them are extremely good at their jobs which is why it's so obvious that they're biased

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ben Simmons the god is taking a big poo poo on Philly. Glad there's still good in Hell world.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Poppers posted:

This sounds right to me

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

In Training posted:

Ben Simmons the god is taking a big poo poo on Philly. Glad there's still good in Hell world.

The zero point double double :worship:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oubre has 12 points for the Sixers on one made field goal. Picking up right where Embiid left off...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Oubre has 12 points for the Sixers on one made field goal. Picking up right where Embiid left off...

Can't believe how much the refs hate this team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess Brooklyn is done with single digit lines. If they can't win by 20 might as well lose by 16...fairly sick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m pisset

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a post drafted yesterday dismayed over the Feb schedule thinking the nets had like 3 wins queued up for the next month but they already owned some future has beens. Nets ascendant??? Road to the playoffs start here??? Let's go

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

I had a post drafted yesterday dismayed over the Feb schedule thinking the nets had like 3 wins queued up for the next month but they already owned some future has beens. Nets ascendant??? Road to the playoffs start here??? Let's go

theyre bringing home the trophy this year op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I want Ben Simmons to win a Finals on zero points across the entire playoffs