Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maybe he's trying to teach her the important lesson that you should never trust anyone, even your own dad!

She's failing badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

One day soon now she'll snap and yell at him and he'll say "You've passed the real test, Annie, standing up for yourself."

And then they'll hug and go out for ice cream.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

When Annie caught him crying at Surma's hospital bed, it was because she told him "Anthony. My dying wish is for you to be an rear end in a top hat to our daughter" He really loves Annie but he promised to honor her wish.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Colonel Cool posted:

One day soon now she'll snap and yell at him and he'll say "You've passed the real test, Annie, standing up for yourself."

And then they'll hug and go out for ice cream.

Congratulations!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

At this point the only thing that makes sense to me is some kind of arranged marriage by the Court.
some have speculated in this thread that it was THROBBING BIOLOGICAL URGES

:biotruths:

SynthOrange posted:

Congratulations!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ezelek posted:

I like Anthony Carver simply for what he represents - He's the biggest challenge that will help Antimony overcome her flaws (via "defeating" him). He's definitely an abusive figure, and a terrible father, but a good story device for the Hero's Journey.

Also he's not Humbert Humbert so I guess he has that going for him.

This is a very, very literal example of Atonement with the Father. This is this comic's "Luke, I am your father" showdown, but without lightsabers. Anthony's influence over Annie's life has cast a shadow over nearly everything she's done to date, and how she resolves it is absolutely critical to the comic. Anyone who thinks that this is a 'trick' or that there will be some 'cop-out' is fooling themselves.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
God I can't stand looking at his stupid shriveled Anthony face for very long.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Now what about Reynardine? Did he disappear in robot-transit? Huehue.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Panel 3 Kat is the best. Just too cool for this lot :coolbert:

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

"I've shredded him. You need to grow out of dolls at your age."

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
"I've released him and returned him to the forest. It would not do to keep such a noble spirit bound. Shame on you, Antimony."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

He wouldn't be telling her anything, I expect, if there wasn't something he's going to tell her to do. I'm guessing that somehow Annie still has official "ownership" of him, and Anthony is going to ask her to make some command or another to resolve the problem.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"...please take him back. He's peed on everything and chewed up everything else."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

"...please take him back. He's peed on everything and chewed up everything else."

"He called Jim over and they watch bad movies and make snide comments about me under their breath."

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Kikas posted:

Panel 3 Kat is the best. Just too cool for this lot :coolbert:

Yeah, Kat really is too cool for the Gunnerkrigg School at this point

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

pksage posted:

God I can't stand looking at his stupid shriveled Anthony face for very long.
I don't have this pathological reaction to Anthony a lot of folks in this thread have, but it's pretty hard not to MS Sharpie a Hitlerstache on his face.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
"He has been...terminated."

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Probably handed over to the Court, Kan will try to rescue him, cue the sneaking.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This beady-eyed motherfucker

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

YF-23 posted:

Probably handed over to the Court, Kan will try to rescue him, cue the sneaking.

I was going to say it might just be "He wanted to know how you were doing" but that is probably the answer in some form since the next part could probably be anything:

"He got into some chocolate and died."

"He won't stop crying/playing with action figures/reading Nancy Drew."

"I can't find him since...the accident."

"His fur...is REALLY soft!"

"He's my only friend now and you can never have him back."

"He's the best bookend/doorstop/paperweight/seat cushion/neck massager I've ever had."

Or if he's like my dad at all, "I didn't separate the laundry properly...he's pink now."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This thread sucks now.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

There Bias Two posted:

This thread sucks now.

Any time Tony shows up, basically.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
"Given his past of causing problems I have had Renard neutered."

[Chapter ends, bonus page is Renard sulking with an e-collar]

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
It would not surprise me if handing him over under duress didn't count. Sort of like someone being mugged. Maybe Tony already possesses Reynard but can't control him at all because Annie never really MEANT to hand him over.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

The Red Queen posted:

It would not surprise me if handing him over under duress didn't count. Sort of like someone being mugged. Maybe Tony already possesses Reynard but can't control him at all because Annie never really MEANT to hand him over.

That's actually quite plausible, now that you mention it. Antimony can't be ordered to hand Rey over, she has to *want* to hand him over. Which means that on some level she is resisting him, a chink in her mask which would probably set up the next stage in the conflict.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's not even looking at Kat in the third panel, obviously something very distracting behind her got his attention.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Any time Tony shows up, basically.

Tonychat sucks for the same reason Vriskachat sucks: The questions of "are this character's actions excusable in general," "how is this character justifying their actions to themself," "is the narrative excusing / going to excuse this character's actions," and "is the narrative improved by this character's actions" all get conflated, and if people don't make it crystal clear which they're talking about, the other person will assume whichever premise makes their post look most like their fingers are neurally wired to the part of their brain that controls their bowel movements.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Your next line is going to be "no, Vriskachat sucks because it involves Homestucks giving their opinions on things"

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Rasamune posted:

Your next line is going to be "no, Vriskachat sucks because it involves Homestucks giving their opinions on things"
Whatever, JoJo.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Vriska Serket, much like Anthony Carver, did nothing wrong.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

The Red Queen posted:

It would not surprise me if handing him over under duress didn't count.

He's Annie's slave, did you think that happened under wine spritzers and high fives? Like she may be the best slave master in the whole world, but she still mystically owns his soul and can do whatever she wants to him. He's hosed, and he got handed off like the possession he is.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Slaverys is legal in Gunnerkrigg

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It is, I bet they actually own Zimmy.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's Annie's slave, did you think that happened under wine spritzers and high fives? Like she may be the best slave master in the whole world, but she still mystically owns his soul and can do whatever she wants to him. He's hosed, and he got handed off like the possession he is.
I mean that's what he gets for body hopping into an item that belongs to someone instead of sticking to flesh and blood beings

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Boogaleeboo posted:

Emphasis added. If deep down, under her mask, she doesn't want to hand him over to Anthony? Then we have a problem.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wulfolme should have posted:

Tony is going to tell Kat to stop distracting Antimony from her studies and then after a sad look Annie will refuse to acknowledge Kat for the rest of the chapter. Then we will cut to twenty pages of City Face.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Tony looks like he needs to eat something. I mean, maybe a nice steak would help out Mr. Gaunt.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

artichoke posted:

Tony looks like he needs to eat something. I mean, maybe a nice steak would help out Mr. Gaunt.

He's probably mathematically calculated the exact amount of calories he needs to perform daily tasks and his current body fat percentage is optimal for his body to expend as little energy as possible heating or cooling itself in the Court's climate.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

On the irst glance, Tony's little mouth scar always makes me think he's making this face. Especially in today's panel 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

The Red Queen posted:

He's probably mathematically calculated the exact amount of calories he needs to perform daily tasks and his current body fat percentage is optimal for his body to expend as little energy as possible heating or cooling itself in the Court's climate.

... So he has a Fitbit?