Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just in case anyone was wondering and/or wants the joke spoiled: They're actually listed in order of character appearance. Beat Drop button shows up first, then country music tear, then rocker tear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why are they called that?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

IronicDongz posted:

why are they called that?

Well they kind of put you on the spot at the hospital after the birth, and sometimes it can help distinguish which of your kids you're yelling at

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I know that the tears are actual talking tear drops for like a gag, and a big motif of the movie is different genres of music. The button is a button on a DJ's turntable that drops the beat.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Oh cool I didn't know Betsy Sodaro was in this movie.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
https://twitter.com/grifflightning/status/1249035131010060293?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I saw Trolls World Tour.

If I hadn't known in advance I wouldn't have been able to say that any of the brothers were playing the characters they were.

Except for Skyscraper troll in who you can hear each brother's voice clearly despite them all speaking simultaneously.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I watched it today my young kids wanted to, the movie was...not good, first movie was a lot better but kids liked it

If I didn’t know who they were in the movie I would have missed it but Betsy Sodaro, you can instantly be like oh poo poo it’s Betsy

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

This may be the wrong place to ask but I can't really think of a better one; does anyone still listen to Still Buffering after they changed format to basically be Wonderful: Smirl Edition? I completely fell off the train listening to that one and was wondering if it's still even worth listening to now that it's just the sisters talking about A Thing One Of Them Likes.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Zutaten posted:

This may be the wrong place to ask but I can't really think of a better one; does anyone still listen to Still Buffering after they changed format to basically be Wonderful: Smirl Edition? I completely fell off the train listening to that one and was wondering if it's still even worth listening to now that it's just the sisters talking about A Thing One Of Them Likes.

I actually got into it just recently without having listened to the pre-retool material and I enjoy it as an easy listening show akin to, well, Wonderful. It's not my favorite and I'm actually a few episodes behind, but it's pleasant enough when my playlist is running dry.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A retooling was probably necessary since they had a very limited time left on the original concept. I was iffy on the new premise but then I saw one episode was about Veruca Salt and that rules.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"My life with Gibby has become challenging"

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Travis I don’t have any pictures of just me on my phone my dude

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
^ Look at this nerd who doesn't do selfies.

:newlol:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1249744248657805314?s=20

The rebrand!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I dont like having to see so much travis

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm just impressed Travis included a pic of him not making "the face"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i hate the send in the clowns bit so much

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Man I wish we had that magic horn

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

liz gilbert is very good when she's on mbmbam

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Am I losing it, or did they get a Yahoo very similar to the magic horn one once before? It sounded very familiar to me, and until it specifically mentioned the coronavirus, I would’ve sworn they were repeating one they’d already done.

Edit: I remember now. I was thinking of the old Onion video. https://politics.theonion.com/should-obama-blow-the-silver-horn-the-founding-fathers-1819595648

Diabolik900 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 14, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The magic horn is basically the Fate franchise.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

i hate the send in the clowns bit so much

This, but replace hate with love.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I haven't been following Stories From Your Gaffer, but judging by the thumbnails, it seems Clint's wife (whose name I only know as "the brothers' stepmom") is now also part of the videos. Is this her first time making an appearance in, well, any McElroy empire content at all?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i think her name's carol? and i don't think she's been onscreen before (maybe in the background of the outtakes from the show) but i'm pretty sure she's the one responsible for the initial spaghettigeddon and thus inextricably tied to the empire

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoyed playing along at home. Travis's questions should be used to get Griffin and Justin at odds with each other.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Agreed, retooling it like that made it a lot better

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also really enjoyed the special guest. She works well with the brothers, it was fun.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIT77he4iU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

See we make fun of Travis having no shame, but only that exact kind of beast could produce this

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

travis giving justin pokemon questions to make griffin mad was very good, but is justin supposed to be a disney land expert or something?

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Justin is a big Disneyworld fan, yes. (But Travis made a mistake and mixed up Disneyland and Disneyworld.)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I enjoyed playing along at home. Travis's questions should be used to get Griffin and Justin at odds with each other.

100% agree, it was way better with an actual angle and not literally just context-free random trivia questions

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

travis giving justin pokemon questions to make griffin mad was very good, but is justin supposed to be a disney land expert or something?

Oh yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_FLK37ZQQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I agree with Justin, Disneyland is for chumps and locals. World is where it's at.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I haven't listened to this week's ep yet, but I've been on board with Play Along at Home from the beginning, so if Travis is finally making it broadly viable, I am very much excited for it.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/WaltDisneyWorld/comments/fxhl0i/trip_report_4820/

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which line will Travis cross first? Asking Justin about cannibalism or asking Griffin about who was mom's favorite?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Riddle Me Piss is Travis’ greatest achievement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

His greatest achievement is his response to griffins "ruin my box with crawdads" line