Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

good for you, you got a free, awesome, grateful as hell catte :3

a local shelter needed people to take cats over the weekend because they are in a low-lying area
we decided to keep her because she is so damned cute and she gets along really well with the other two
she wasn't free, but i don't mind paying to help support the shelter, also black cats need love. some people are still mentally in the 1600s and think black cats are evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Eggplant posted:

a local shelter needed people to take cats over the weekend because they are in a low-lying area
we decided to keep her because she is so damned cute and she gets along really well with the other two
she wasn't free, but i don't mind paying to help support the shelter, also black cats need love. some people are still mentally in the 1600s and think black cats are evil

oh haha i thought oyu meant refugee as in "cat, do not walk outside by my house, do you not know there is a storm on?"

but either way that's cool as heck, youre a lucky person :)

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97NSTewOAsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMNoA98vH4

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
~artsy~ photo of our cattes sitting in the sun

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

No box is safe from Reuben's fury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEphDCNMJB8

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

the smallest bebbeh

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
good cat gif or best cat gif?

Dache
Dec 26, 2003

this happy little fella is steve

I got Maru's book from Amazon today :3:

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

A Curvy Goonette posted:

good cat gif or best cat gif?

Dache posted:

I got Maru's book from Amazon today :3:

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

thread needs more monkeyface and elena pictures!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I took the initiative and called my landlady, inquiring about the catte diet she buys human being Charlie and Dazzler. As it turns out, she buys them $16 50lb bags :barf: so I told her that I will buy them food and she will credit that money to my rent.

Got them some good looking food from a local place, the #1 ingredient is NOT "Chicken By-product" in this stuff, it's actually just "Chicken." Fantastic. Plus I will ration it to them like, you know, you're supposed to instead of leaving them two heaping bowls that are supposed to last them three days at a time. No wonder Dazzler pukes all the time and weighs 6 pounds and human being Charlie is an 18lb fat piece of poo poo.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally

Golden-i posted:

I took the initiative and called my landlady, inquiring about the catte diet she buys human being Charlie and Dazzler. As it turns out, she buys them $16 50lb bags :barf: so I told her that I will buy them food and she will credit that money to my rent.

Got them some good looking food from a local place, the #1 ingredient is NOT "Chicken By-product" in this stuff, it's actually just "Chicken." Fantastic. Plus I will ration it to them like, you know, you're supposed to instead of leaving them two heaping bowls that are supposed to last them three days at a time. No wonder Dazzler pukes all the time and weighs 6 pounds and human being Charlie is an 18lb fat piece of poo poo.

I found a place that sells Innova Evo (or whatev) and the first time I gave it to Esteban instead of like Science Diet or whatever I'd been buying him before, he started purring as he was eating it.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I used to work pet food wholesale, and remember hearing that Innova Evo was the absolute poo poo for catte/dogge food... didn't see it at this place though. This stuff was "Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul" which we also used to sell but is slightly cheaper than Evo.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
that stuff is pretty good but it has gotten worse than it used to be

if you want most bang for your buck go with solid gold indigo moon for hard and then their tuna blend for wet

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I haven't seen that around town, unfortunately.....

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Alley cat

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
only place i can find it at is petco

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
lmao at all y'all

feed your cat whatevers cheapest 4 lyfe

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Haven't looked there, but there's a petco next to work that I will check out.

I always go to small local shops first, they make me happy for some reason.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
where do people buy premium cat food? i'm giving my kitten purina kitten chow dry food and fancy feast wet food but I have a feeling it's crap and the vet will be horrified (it's what the shelter was feeding them though so I didn't want to make too drastic of a change yet). i want to get some good stuff but i dunno where to look--do the big retail pet stores carry good stuff?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

lmao at all y'all

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
from my intense research, every brand of pet food except for the one you feed your pet is absolute poo poo garbage and anyone who doesn't feed their pet that should have their pets taken away from them.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
petco has the best premium catte food selection unless you got a good local shop but the super ultraduper premium is expensive as all heck

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

iamthejeff posted:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I go based on ingredients, mostly. If it's chicken based, it's better than chicken by-product (aka giblets). The brand of decent poo poo really tends to change the taste of it and some cattes will go for one brand but not another.

These guys needed some new food badly, they are shedding so much their fur just falls off them as you pette them, no matter how much I brush them.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
always wanted to try this poo poo out
https://www.felinespride.com

im afraid if i do though she won't go back to her regular food :ohdear:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I also worked a bit at a place that made really ultra-premium catte and dogge food. You'd take a scoop and mix in an equal measure of raw meat, it was super healthy and organic and etc etc etc and also cost out the rear end.

I'm too fuckin lazy for that.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
We get our cattes Blue Buffalo (Found at Petsmart). They love it and it makes their coat really really soft. Saiga's coat is so soft I want to pet him all day everyday. He gets really annoyed with me trying to cuddle and pet him all day, but he shouldn't be so soft if it doesn't like it. :mad: Also Sig has tummy issues and it's the only food he can eat besides prescription food that doesn't make him clear the house and make a mess all over himself. We tried Solid Gold but but it didn't do anything to help him out.

Last night Mauser fell asleep next to me and I snapped this with my webcam:

When he's sleeping and you poke his belly he meows.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
gizmo used to eat blue buffalo but they reformulated after that rice scare and she hated it after that

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJciCmxNQU
turn up speakers, rebus purring as he's groomed

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i was at the brewery havin a beer and a guy came in just to buy cat drugs he didn't get beer, just cat drugs

i'm like hell yeah bro

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Holy poo poo I watched that on the HTPC and human being Charlie laid down right in front of the sub and started purring with it

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

JawnV6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJciCmxNQU
turn up speakers, rebus purring as he's groomed

:allears:

also my brother would be so pleased :unsmith:

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Eggplant posted:

also black cats need love. some people are still mentally in the 1600s and think black cats are evil
when i was picking up my new cat from the foster home she was hissing at literally every black cat she saw, literally only the black ones. also i pointed out that the foster lady seems to have a lot of black cats and she was like "yes.. i sort of have a thing in case you didnt notice" and i laughed inside because she reminds me of one of sabrina the teenage witchs aunts

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

flyboi posted:

that's a pretty pro use of flash right there.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

flyboi posted:

I'd like to try something like that, since four out of our five love wet food, but Samus is queen bee and she won't touch it.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I have to give mischa (the big one) something without grain (evo) because she has a grain allergy. She gets bumps all over her back and bites off all her fur :(
Changing her food cleared that up permanently

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
my kitten approves of this toy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGvy4gFU9bE

(lovely phone video)

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

our cats are eatin halo spot's stew "sensitive formula" or whatever because it's the only thing that flame doesn't barf up all over my studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Kirk posted:

lmao at all y'all

cheap food gives rex nuclear shits. its well worth a few dollars to not get gassed out at 2-3 times a week

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 8, 2011