Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whoever spent $20 on me, that is the most hilariously creepy thing ever. I shall miss you Korvat8; but Gul Madred and whatever character that yellow thing is? Hilarious enough to make me post from work to comment on it! :freep:

Brony avatars cost double?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whoever spent $20 on me, that is the most hilariously creepy thing ever. I shall miss you Korvat8; but Gul Madred and whatever character that yellow thing is? Hilarious enough to make me post from work to comment on it! :freep:

:stare::stare::stare:

What. The. gently caress. I am gazing into the abyss. How long before it gazes back at me?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

I will miss Korvat :smith: so much, so very very much.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wow, that's certainly an avatar... :stare:

As for the OpFor that PTN posted previously, the Kestrel Grenadiers don't gently caress around, do they? 3/2 pilots, better than most of the Clan pilots and bondsmen we've got, but not as good as the Death Commandos or the Star Captain, I guess. I guess that's what happens when PTN throws an elite regiment at GoonStarCompany. All those heavy weapons and jumpjets in that formation... This is going to be a very interesting mission... Sure, GoonStarCompany might be able to blitz through some of the lighter mechs, depending on how they're deployed, but this is probably going to degenerate into a ranged slugging match sooner rather than later.

Also, I noticed a mistake on the preliminary OpFor list, PTN. The last lance of Shadow Hawks are misdesignated as G9, G8, G7, and G8 rather than G9 - G12 as they should. You'll probably fix it when the mission update goes up, but I just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty sure that's Kessel's avatar originally, from the OP of the STO thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517047

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TildeATH posted:

They changed my title too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

They changed my title too.

Title changes are included with the avatar. So it's only $10.

Also, I think the Cardassian is supposed to be Gul Dukat.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
:stare: Jesus. Somebody please spent $10 to turn it back!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm sure this has a perfectly rational in-universe explanation.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

bunnyofdoom posted:

:stare: Jesus. Somebody please spent $10 to turn it back!

Whoa, whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm sure Korvat8 could do with some upgrades before he's reinstated.

e;f,b

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh thank god.

Who thought it would be a good idea to give PTN a duplicate of somebody else's creepy avatar?

EDIT: Welp, it's back.

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 19, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Christ, PTN's getting more (and more horrible) avatars foisted upon him then I have. :psyduck:

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
All is as it should be once more. Praise the bird aliens.

Edit: Or not... I swear he was back to the normal one for a sec there. Cache error?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Bleh. Not paying another :10bux: to revert it again. I'm short on money as it is.

Anyone out there want to offer up their wallets to the cause, you can find PTN's old avatar here: http://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=PoptartsNinja

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Bleh. Not paying another :10bux: to revert it again. I'm short on money as it is.

Anyone out there want to offer up their wallets to the cause, you can find PTN's old avatar here: http://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=PoptartsNinja

drat, that site just reminds me of how much I miss old Hard-Hat Spiderman :smith:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If we get into an avatar buying war, the only one who wins in the end is Lowtax('s bank account).

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If we get into an avatar buying war, the only one who wins in the end is Lowtax('s bank account).

*sigh* I can always try smashing together whatever PTNs avatar was and pony, in a non horrifying manner. And some non-pony that I have ideas for... why can't this poo poo happen on weekends.

To the ERG- G1 Pinkie in the last episode was just weird in an amusing way. Flutterphant there is plain disturbing. Also, Lunar Guard are superior. :colbert:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It's not the context that's the really creepy part, it's whatever's going on with that pony's head...it looks more like a nautilus shell than a body part.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It's not the context that's the really creepy part, it's whatever's going on with that pony's head...it looks more like a nautilus shell than a body part.

Reminds me of Picasso, that little elephant-thing from Fifth Element.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
What did PTN ever do to the MWO Bronies?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Someone's on a rampage handing out new avs everywhere, looks like.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
ShadowDragon's revenge.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Whatever support I may have had for the avatar is now gone. :colbert:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

That is a horrible thing. Somebody is a horrible person.

No, this person knows what's up. I have no idea why they decided to make an anteater instead of a pony sit on his lap, but there you go.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

ShadowDragon's revenge.

He did revert his own avatar like fifteen times.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

evilmiera posted:

No, this person knows what's up. I have no idea why they decided to make an anteater instead of a pony sit on his lap, but there you go.

+ =

The Obsidian Order. Gotta catch em' all.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Defiance Industries posted:

He did revert his own avatar like fifteen times.

SOAP is the best.

The Saga of ShadowDragon

I would have thought his normal avatar was also a 'gift' if he wasn't so insistent on branding himself with it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't understand why you'd want to do that, given that it's two animu people of indeterminate gender on a car hood drawn in MS paint

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Defiance Industries posted:

I don't understand why you'd want to do that, given that it's two animu people of indeterminate gender on a car hood drawn in MS paint

If I recall it was from some fanfic he wrote for some lovely rear end webcomic. Dude's protective about his fanwank.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

TildeATH posted:

Well, they totally should. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This is like some sort of weird hosed up assassination. Like killing someone by poisoning them with polonium, but ponies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tarquinn posted:

Well, they totally should. :colbert:

Because of how much more they're worth in the eyes of the public, right?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Guys, come on. We need to concentrate on what's important.

How do we rig the geothermal plant to make it go boom? And take the planet with it.

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback
Empty out the smaller dropship. Then disable one of the engines, pack it with explosives and roll it after the Davions as a boulder after wanton archeologists.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Stackpoling is the only true solution.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Kell Hounds and Second Sword of Light go through veterans like poo poo through a goose. The Second Donegal is part of the Lyran nepotism brigade. They're good, but it's because of the leadership not because they're all elite pilots (Dan Allard? Utter poo poo in actual combat. I don't think he ever beats anything without knocking himself unconscious in the process).

First Regulan is the Real Deal though

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
It has been reverted! Thank Kerensky!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

Cons: Fields one of the worst Light ‘Mechs in the game. Non-officer Mechwarriors are all suicide monkeys. Probably better used as an enemy than a player-controlled group.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but which model are you referring to here? The Kurita field a couple of really terrible light 'mechs (PTN-10K Panther and the Thorn in general come to mind).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Servicio en Espanol posted:

First Regulan is the Real Deal though

Hell yeah we were.

fool_of_sound posted:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but which model are you referring to here? The Kurita field a couple of really terrible light 'mechs (PTN-10K Panther and the Thorn in general come to mind).

The Panther has this unfortunate tendency to get murdered by everything. It's a suicide sled. The fact that the DC uses so many of them is because Kurita fields a giant military even though they are loving POORS and so they need the cheapest machine they can get.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Isn't the Panther rather good against slow, short ranged mechs though? I mean, the Hunchback and Urbie immediately come to mind, if they were engaged outside their home environs, seems to me like the Panther could out-range and outmaneuver them fairly well. Certainly not what I'd call the WORST light mech. The main disadvantage from what I can tell is that few if any modern variants use an XL engine; they'll upgrade to DHS, upgrade its weapons, but never upgrade the engine, which is what keeps it from really having a shot. And really, when you're as light as 35 tons, taking an XL engine doesn't tend to shorten your lifespan all that much in the post-clan/Jihad/Civil War era.

• Locked thread