Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Percelus posted:

the impeachment is going to end up being another absurd spectacle like russiagate that ends up leaving trump unscathed and because they can't punish trump and his supporters the liberals will lash out at the leftists who told them they were idiots for pursuing the strategy in the first place

libs get so loving mad when you point out that all their "trump will finally get his fantasies" are complete busts and then blame you for their failure for not believing in their stupid harebrained schemes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyhow it's going to be funny when the GOP goes "turnabout is fair play" and impeaches the next dem president (if there ever is one) for not instantly bombing iran

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyhow it's going to be funny when the GOP goes "turnabout is fair play" and impeaches the next dem president (if there ever is one) for not instantly bombing iran

they are going to just try and do the business plot except this time the general is some guy like mike flynn who attempts to drop a piano on the president

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

libs get so loving mad when you point out that all their "trump will finally get his fantasies" are complete busts and then blame you for their failure for not believing in their stupid harebrained schemes

dialectical materialism only pertains to the social forces that comprise my group and the group that I want crushed

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
jared kushner is going to get caught putting giant barrels of gunpowder under some important building and the next day chris hayes and all the other practical progressives will be retweeting guys talking about how "Functionally; this means we need to listen to red voters more"

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Fun to be in the middle of an information war while reading and posting on these dead gay forums

there's a war on for your emptyquote

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can't believe the GOP would just impeach someone they don't like

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jose posted:

can't believe the GOP would just impeach someone they don't like

they did spend 6 years fishing before coming across video evidence of clinton lying under oath

unfortunately for newt he picked the dumbest thing to nail a president to the wall for lying over

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they did spend 6 years fishing before coming across video evidence of clinton lying under oath

unfortunately for newt he picked the dumbest thing to nail a president to the wall for lying over

imagine prosecuting bill clinton for lying and sex crimes and coming up with nothing lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its dumb to say that impeaching trump is a mistake because the senate won't convict him because it undermines the fact he should be impeached and its a dereliction of duty not to. The real mistake is that they're focusing on ukraine rather thna just his insane corruption over everything

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I don't think it's quite a mistake that Congressional Dems don't want to hold a politician accountable for corruption tbh.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah i was going to include that but felt it redundant lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

imagine prosecuting bill clinton for lying and sex crimes and coming up with nothing lmao

and to show how stupid the whole impeachment process is, the case fell apart because it entered the apparently gray area for 1998 of "is a blowjob sex?"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Percelus posted:

there is a new thread in qcs with a former admin calling for an end to "morons roleplay tankies in CSPAM"

is that code for start probating/banning any communists or posters to the left of them? because the way tankie is thrown around its such a nebulous term constantly applied to either group

hosed up that I can earnestly defend the governments of Venezuela, the Syrian Arab Republic, and the PRC and still be accused of just roleplaying a tankie.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hate when the holodomr thing comes up because it's like when people post that line about "communism cant work because of human nature :agesilaus:". you can't really argue against it because they're arent listening and wont listen.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i hate when the holodomr thing comes up because it's like when people post that line about "communism cant work because of human nature :agesilaus:". you can't really argue against it because they're arent listening and wont listen.

they've come to give their slaps and expect none in return, otherwise you get some long-winded QCS thread about yourself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
when succthread got gassed nobody listened to my modest proposal to gas vilerats last thread, lex talionis b*tch

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Homeless Friend posted:

when succthread got gassed nobody listened to my modest proposal to gas vilerats last thread, lex talionis b*tch

:hmmyes:

also we'll trade a permaban on paulsoccer10 for one on either vincent van goatse or vincentpricesboner aka zapplez

a shitposter for a shitposter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it is insanely funny that zapplez still post, and denies it

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

they've come to give their slaps and expect none in return, otherwise you get some long-winded QCS thread about yourself

the final act of this hellscape is taking to the comments and suggestions forum to treat the moderators like customer service agents and demanding permanent bans for your posting enemies

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Percelus posted:

:hmmyes:

also we'll trade a permaban on paulsoccer10 for one on either vincent van goatse or vincentpricesboner aka zapplez

a shitposter for a shitposter

It's pretty depressing that people keep seriously responding to a person that used a sockpuppet to agree with themselves in an attempt to bolster their own argument
Also paulsoccer10 would have been permabanned already had the threatening the president = permaban thing remained in effect

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Percelus posted:

tsk tsk this is very bootlickingly homophobic

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://medium.com/@NechaevsBassoon/some-motherfuckers-always-trying-to-ice-skate-uphill-unfiltered-thoughts-on-the-practical-189477d88ff5

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
tldr: the real movement is in the streets! *joins the red guards*

*makes a fool out of themselves in a nerdy, lovely gang fight*

in conclusion the problem is the left while the real movement is in the streets!

*fucks off somewhere else*

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

what's this guy's username

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

didn't this guy post a write-up in the rhizzone

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

tldr: the real movement is in the streets! *joins the red guards*

*makes a fool out of themselves in a nerdy, lovely gang fight*

in conclusion the problem is the left while the real movement is in the streets!

*fucks off somewhere else*

the somewhere else, in this case, being an "escape to the real, practical, and somewhat chaotic world of the unorganized working classes; to become a free-agent to all those who struggle, in their own way, however they can, against the imperialist state and capital"

i'm trying to imagine spending that much time going through a bunch of orgs that (as far as i know) require a lot of political education, yet coming to the conclusion that all leftist ideology, all existing forms of organizing, as well as every existing leftist organization, is worth abandoning for...whatever the hell that guy's going to now. idk what leads a person both down that path and then to that conclusion.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i don't think it's the same person as the rhizzoner is a much better writer

the takeaway i got from this is that he felt powerless and hated the left and wanted to do violence to it and hurt people because he got his rocks off thinking about it, so he joined the red guards and did it, but was so disgusted with how gross and pathetic it actually was -- and inconsequential it is (so much for the power fantasy) -- that he wrote this big memoir, but he's too self-absorbed and arrogant to admit that he was wrong, but in fact it is the left that is wrong and he was right the whole time!

that's my take

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
that rhizzoner wrote another interesting thread:
https://rhizzone.net/forum/topic/14698/

edit: for anyone interested in reading this stuff, the OP of that thread made several effortposts, you just have to scroll down to see the others

Finicums Wake fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 25, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hmm maybe it is the same person

or i dunno

in conclusion red guards bad but you all knew that already

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 25, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1198813592457564160

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i prove my morality through posting/empty quoting etc

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Finicums Wake posted:

i prove my morality through posting/empty quoting etc

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What's the name for the tendency where you want communism to win but are also utterly convinced we're all going to die horribly and there's nothing you can do about it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

StashAugustine posted:

What's the name for the tendency where you want communism to win but are also utterly convinced we're all going to die horribly and there's nothing you can do about it

I dunno but it sounds defeatist and whiny, especially if it is in reaction to what narcissists say on the internet or because some dumb kids who want to play at being tough, but style themselves leftists to do it

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i don't think it's the same person as the rhizzoner is a much better writer

It's almost certainly the same guy. There were only like 10 people in that KC union hall. What are the chances two of them would quit in a huff and write long posts on forums abou—

OK maybe it's not the same guy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Prince Myshkin posted:

It's almost certainly the same guy. There were only like 10 people in that KC union hall. What are the chances two of them would quit in a huff and write long posts on forums abou—

OK maybe it's not the same guy.

a Paul Thomas Anderson movie about ten Maoists and their recollections of a union hall brawl

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm shocked the white guy who fell rear end backwards into making a half million a year saying dick jokes and doing edgy irony racism on twitter has no fear of becoming irrelevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

a Paul Thomas Anderson movie about ten Maoists and their recollections of a union hall brawl

i would watch the gently caress out of PT Anderson's communist rashomon