Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just drink lipton cold with no sugar or anything added. I liked cold green tea (also with nothing added in) when i lived in japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Oi ocha
Things are gonna get easier
Oi ocha
Things'll get brighter

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Great Autismo! posted:

deceitful penguin is a he?
Were you dreaming of something else lol

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I liked all the helpful tea nerd posts. Thank you, helpful tea nerds.

I like to make a cup of tea, wander away for an hour, then drink it. I understand this is not the preferred technique.
Cold tea is the best tea anyway

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

any guesses what he did with it

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just drink lipton cold with no sugar or anything added. I liked cold green tea (also with nothing added in) when i lived in japan.

youre already dead
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-unilever-china-quality/greenpeace-says-finds-tainted-lipton-tea-bags-in-china-idUSBRE83N0AT20120424

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Cry Havoc posted:

the parts that didn't get eaten were ground up into boner pills

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The boy's a time bomb!

i got it and thought the same thing

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Cry Havoc posted:

did he gently caress the dead dolphin

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I'm not sure mate has 100% the caffeine of coffee. If that were the case the entire populations of Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina would have died of heart failure years ago. They spend most of their waking hours sucking down liters of the stuff.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
A quick google reinforces kinda what I feel I know from both drinking the stuff currently, and living 15 years in Argentina. It might not be the same caffeine content 1:1 per dry weight as coffee, nor as a prepared beverage measured in mls, but you do drink a whole lot more mate in a sitting than you do espresso. You get wired, then you get caffeine tolerant/dependent.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Cry Havoc posted:

Maybe he's making a new five piece suit

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS

Cry Havoc posted:

Symetrique posted:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
this is the best thread

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

:perfect:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The China thread is ennobled by fine art now and we owe it all to ohhboooooyyyy

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

My favorite oolong is oolonghai :hai:

I dont want to work for the chinese anymore :(

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Can you make tea out of a dolphin?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Warbird posted:

What do you think global warming is doing to the oceans idiot

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You can make tea out of anything

especially dirt and water

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Warbird posted:

It'd be easier to tell you what can't be made into tea rather than what can

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Of all the things I miss about HK the thing I miss most is Des Voeux Rd

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

hakimashou posted:

Of all the things I miss about HK the thing I miss most is Des Voeux Rd

Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I looove the smell of those shops

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ceciltron posted:

Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I looove the smell of those shops

I love the food in them!

I've only ever been able to find crummy undersized dessicated dried scallops in the states, when I can find them at all.

Would kill for a big bag of huge golden chewy ones from my fav shop on Des Vouex Rd.

I have like 400 bucks worth of HKD I never converted back into real money and when at some point I find myself back in HK its all going to that.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cry Havoc posted:

Symetrique posted:

holy lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What a bunch of crybabies.

quote:

Qantas has been ordered to adopt the Chinese Communist Party's view of the world and remove any material from its website that refers to Taiwan as an independent country.
The Australian airline faces the prospect of having its website blocked in what will soon be the world's largest aviation market unless it complies with the demands, which mark an acceleration of a push by China to ensure foreign companies are aligned with its flashpoint "One China" policy.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/business/companies/china-ramps-up-pressure-on-qantas-over-taiwan-20180501-p4zcmn.html

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

”The Canberra Times” posted:

China is expected to overtake the United States as the world's largest aviation market within the next five years, according to the International Air Transport Association.

They just can’t help themselves...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Any one here old enough to remember whenever China was on the news there would always be file footage of countless people riding bicycles down the road in like Beijing or something

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't take photos through that much smoke.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Any one here old enough to remember whenever China was on the news there would always be file footage of countless people riding bicycles down the road in like Beijing or something
Right here.

I also remember people saying that cars wouldn't sell well in China because everyone was accustomed to biking everywhere.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

oohhboy posted:

Have you tried to take many photos?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

How many bicycles in Beijing?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Symetrique posted:

Have you tried to take many photos?

I can think of one thing he hasn't taken photos of.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

By the way, any of you who haven't seen it, this is more or less required watching for this thread: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sNjwDiQM-M

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

When everyone used bicycles for public transportation air pollution wasn't a problem yet you doofus.

They need to have some spittoons in that scene though

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Eh I wonder how that move red corner holds up these days

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

That's still the opening scene of every China documentary I've seen even in TYOOL 2018.

nong
Apr 20, 2016

Never Forget
The Century Of National Humiliation.

hakimashou posted:

One thing I do legit miss about China is hanging out at the tea shop with friends drinking gongfu cha prepared by the nice lady for an hour.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Just change the website so that every possible destination is just "China" and be done with it imho

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

this dude's gonna have the hugest boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

this dude's gonna have the hugest boner

• Locked thread