Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

the line makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

Every non-Jones and non-Oliver DT on the Bills is loving AWFUL.

Pats can't run the ball because they can't block anyone

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
It's going to be a Bills trap game.

lol no

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It’s the Bills practice squad on defense isn’t it

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

Every non-Jones and non-Oliver DT on the Bills is loving AWFUL.

I'm still annoyed Jordan Phillips never lived up to his talent level, he could have been great and instead just basically makes a career out of the 1-4 plays a game where he times the snap count perfectly.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe the Bills can try to buy low and get Harrison Phillips back? He's been loving awful for Minny, right?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

MaximilianK posted:

It's going to be a Bills trap game.

lol no

It will be closer than expected and we get another exciting week of “Are the Bills for real?” discourse

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the bills are for real but having diggs be the only reliable receiving option (i guess gabe davis is okay?) is going to make them very inconsistent against teams who can bracket him and force josh to make tough throws

the defense has been racked with injuries but i imagine they’ll still be a net positive unit

i don’t think they win a SB but they’re only a few pieces away imo

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Declan MacManus posted:

the bills are for real but having diggs be the only reliable receiving option (i guess gabe davis is okay?) is going to make them very inconsistent against teams who can bracket him and force josh to make tough throws

the defense has been racked with injuries but i imagine they’ll still be a net positive unit

i don’t think they win a SB but they’re only a few pieces away imo
Occasionally Gabe Davis looks like a world beater, but mostly he’s pretty mid. He and Dawson Knox definitely have stone hands a lot. Harty, Shakir, and Sherfield seem like JAGs. Kincaid hasn’t really been given an opportunity to do anything but underneath routes, but already seems like a consistent target.

Basically, Josh zeroes in on Diggs a lot because he’s the only guy who consistently catches the ball and makes things happen. Dorsey is a pretty uncreative play caller and schemer and that doesn’t help anything.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rude

https://x.com/SNFonNBC/status/1715805423561847004?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!
They aren't being the eagles.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s actually kind of hilarious that Sunday Night Football posted it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

We no eagle. We be dolphins.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

:ssh:
They're our best-looking W by far! You wouldn't want people knowing the Bills are frauds, would you?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

nope

it's looking like the dolphins will go into the bye at 7-3 and finish somewhere between 10-12 wins for the season (i'm assuming they drop either the jets game or the ravens game and probably drop the second bills game, and there's the possibility they drop all three and the cowboys game to limp to 10-7)

this defense isn't winning a playoff game that's for drat sure

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is a good prove it game but drat i wish we had our full offensive line

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I predicted 10-7 or 9-8 with a playoff win before the season and I’m sticking with it. Defense just isn’t good enough.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

I predicted 10-7 or 9-8 with a playoff win before the season and I’m sticking with it. Defense just isn’t good enough.

https://consumerist.com/2008/02/15/call-center-call-customer-little-girl-for-not-buying-computer/

But pretend it says for not blindlessly believing in the Dolphins

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lot of reverse jinxing going on. The Dolphins are a good team and can only play the teams on their schedule.

Way too early to tell if they’re frauds, like the Bills, or not. This game should be fun.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Eagles had trouble against the Pats and lost to Zach Wilson so they might also kind of be frauds.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dolphins defense is bad but also bad teams don’t consistently beat the absolute tar out of the weak part of their schedule.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The main thing I'm worried about is the interior getting wrecked like in the Bills game. I think the Eagles secondary is gonna get shredded though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll be the one to say it then: the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, and Philadelphia Eagles are each frauds

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I'll be the one to say it then: the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, and Philadelphia Eagles are each frauds

There are no good teams, everyone sucks

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nodoze posted:

There are no good teams, everyone sucks

It is known :hai:

Still think the Chiefs are gonna win it all by default like last year

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bellmaker posted:

It is known :hai:

Still think the Chiefs are gonna win it all by default like last year

I'm not sure they're deep enough this year, and a lot of their most critical players are getting older.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There isn’t a good team in the East so realistically anyone can go on a tear

Except the pats

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Ok then

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1716092867620261953?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
OH MY GOD

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1716092867620261953?s=20

I’m laughing because otherwise I’d be crying.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There wasn't one non-Pats AFCE division champ in the entire decade of the 2010s

The 2020s is going to have everyone in the division but the Pats win the division at least once

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

OH MY GOD

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1716092867620261953?s=20

I’m laughing because otherwise I’d be crying.

It actually doesn't matter at all

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nothing does but it’s still fun to laugh at the patriots

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

nachos posted:

Dolphins defense is bad but also bad teams don’t consistently beat the absolute tar out of the weak part of their schedule.

the dolphins only beat the poo butt rear end patriots by 7 and the chargers by 2; they could just as easily be 3-3 right now

they're a good team but their line is in really bad shape and they're about to go against the best defensive line in the nfl; if the eagles don't win this game they're in a lot of trouble imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah with the line still being composed of two turnstiles I’m really not expecting a win tonight

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah with the line still being composed of two turnstiles I’m really not expecting a win tonight

I like that neither Dolphins fans or Eagles fans are feeling very good about SNF.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

eagles: the team is underperforming relative to the talent on it and have this game left before we get into the easy part of the schedule
dolphins: the team is overperforming relative to the talent on it and have this game to kick off the hard part of the schedule

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think it's really about the defense. If you get into a negative game script you worry about the kind of death spiral you had against the Bills, where you can't really hide your lovely OL anymore against a good pass rush and you get clowned badly. If it's a neutral game script, or close I think your offense is going to score points against any defense.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

it just sucks that we haven't beaten a team that can be described as "good" since...week 3 last year against Buffalo? maybe the Lions a few weeks later but they just lost 4 in a row then. it would just be nice to see the team beat a team they historically lose in embarrassing fashion to is all

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I feel like it's probably gonna be a weird 6-3 first half and then all the explosions come after halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well said above - I feel the same way. Theyre going to smash through poor Eich and harass Tua. Eich and Lamm are simply not long term NFL starters. Eich is barely replacement level. I was really, really hoping we'd get Williams back for this game. Hes more important than Jalen tbh