Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Begemot posted:

They shouldn't worry, the female minority captain in Discovery dies in the second episode, and then the female minority protagonist is sent to jail. Then she's recruited en route to a prison colony by a white male captain and given a second chance!

Suddenly glad I didn't watch any more of Discovery after the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The third episode was significantly better than the first two, IMO.

Still definitely a show about a black woman who breaks the law and goes to jail and is rescued and given a second chance by a white man.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Major newcomer to the thread because, well...

https://twitter.com/Blankzilla/status/916380645311565824

I assume corporate mergers are being decided by Mad Libs now.

Is that a ... Northrop Grumman-based superhero team?

Christ, and I thought the TRS-80 Whiz Kids were bad.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Looks like Iron Man is back in the war business, baby!

Seriously how is that on brand at all

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Selachian posted:

No need for concern, The Grumman Avengers have been a thing since the 1940's.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Somfin posted:

I can't imagine anything more on brand than the combination of Avengers and the military industrial complex. Have you seen or read any Marvel stuff the last few decades?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

guy on the lower right looks like wentworth miller.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
After that you can read The Boys where, to summarize, the protagonist's goal is to destroy all the "superheroes" created by a military aviation company. (Vought rather than Northrop, but same difference.)

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
the Avengers are all running, leaping, flying into (away from?) battle while the N.G.E.N corps wield the might of information technology! Pure spreadsheet action yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaahhh!!! ...something already handled by Jarvis/Friday...*cough*...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
[quote="Sandpuppy" post=""4771175"]

[/quote]

No one laughed at this one? I sure did.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Somfin posted:

Looks like Iron Man is back in the war business, baby!

Because the owner of Marvel Comics is a big Trump donor and overall trash human being who was last publicly photographed in the 80s and was so awful that Kevin Feige made a power move to Disney to basically force Perlmutter to the comic and TV divisions of Marvel?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

2016: Drivers having less control over their vehicles is scary.

1886: Drivers having more control over their vehicles is scary.

Allie: These two complaints are exactly the same!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Zemyla posted:

2016: Drivers having less control over their vehicles is scary.

1886: Drivers having more control over their vehicles is scary.

Allie: These two complaints are exactly the same!

Driver-less cars will eventually be safer than human driven.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ranter posted:

Driver-less cars will eventually be safer than human driven.

Define safer.

Also gross, I guess I don't need to check on Marvel again for a while, although I bet DC is right behind them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, Marvel has never done promotional comics / ads for companies before! This is totally something to be upset over!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sagebrush posted:

This guy really needs to quit "drawing" comics and just get a blog.

The problem with that is there are no blogs anymore. There are twitter chains.

Would you rather read First Dog as a cartoon or as a chain or tweets?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

duz posted:

Yeah, Marvel has never done promotional comics / ads for companies before! This is totally something to be upset over!

It's a lot more about the company they're promoting than the fact that they do promotions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I loved military airplanes and the companies that made them as a kid and this crossover would definitely have had a strong propaganda effect on me.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Without the label, I would have never guessed or imagined that was George Harrison.

Noted musician with the long face, sharp chin, prominent cheek bones, and Martin Scorsese eyebrows, George Harrison:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Samurai Sanders posted:

I loved military airplanes and the companies that made them as a kid and this crossover would definitely have had a strong propaganda effect on me.

Yeah if this was some loving KFC or video game tie in, I wouldn't be as mad as a goddamn military industrial complex propaganda being flung to kids. And yes, I know that Captain America was literally war propaganda for the military and Disney was no stranger to war infomercials in WW2 and Vietnam, but that doesn't absolve modern attempts at this poo poo of preying on children to want to join the military or design weapons.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

You Are A Elf posted:

Without the label, I would have never guessed or imagined that was George Harrison.

Noted musician with the long face, sharp chin, prominent cheek bones, and Martin Scorsese eyebrows, George Harrison:

Come on, everyone knows that George Harrison looks like Ronald Reagan in a wig and fake eyebrows. Duh.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah it's not the concept of a promotional comic that's so distasteful it's that it's a military industrial complex promotion. Like literally the only thing I can think of being worse is if it were for a straight up pmc and NG is already most of the way there.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
The whole premise of comics is you can solve any problem by beating the poo poo out of it, no idea why it's such a leap that they'd promote the MIC.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

These clown dems are clowning around in congress trying to destroy our American Constitution. Maybe they should get back in their clown cars and drive back to the circus where they belong.
___________________/

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

NBC reported that Secretary of State Tillerson called President Trump a moron. Trump called NBC “fake news”.

Tillerson strongly denied that he ever threatened to resign.

But what about the moron thing?
Does Bok think Trump is cool with being called a moron?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
hack
hack

hack

hack

hack

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why does he have lines when he already has speech balloons???

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why does he have lines when he already has speech balloons???

Ranter posted:

hack
hack

hack

hack

hack

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wow, gently caress you, Ramirez.
"Nothing can stop mass shootings, why even bother?"

Go scrawl DEBT on something, it's all you're capable of.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Political Cartoons 2017: If you can't change the world by printing the word DEBT, why bother?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

You're right, Ramirez. The man who killed 58 people in Vegas used multiple legally-purchased firearms and passed all of the checks that existed for him being able to legally obtain them.

Even all the small issues that the Democrats hope to fix would not have stopped that massacre.

Clearly it was fine that he owned those guns, though. We can't question that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Ranter posted:

hack
hack

hack

hack

hack

Political Cartoons 2017: hack hack, hack, hack....hack

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

Does anyone remember a pretty good comic about gun control from a few months back?
It went something like "I'm sorry, sir, you can't smoke in here." "Well too bad, I'm a bad guy, and I don't care about the rules!!"
I know someone who would really love it and often think about it but google is failing me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Winty posted:

Does anyone remember a pretty good comic about gun control from a few months back?
It went something like "I'm sorry, sir, you can't smoke in here." "Well too bad, I'm a bad guy, and I don't care about the rules!!"
I know someone who would really love it and often think about it but google is failing me.

It's a Bors.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Winty posted:

A classic by Bors

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Christ that one is four years old, I've been reading this thread for way too long

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

What's wrong with your faaaaaaace?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

TheBigAristotle posted:

What's wrong with your faaaaaaace?

Phossy jaw.

• Locked thread