Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The last time we saw the symbol was the end of Totem, which is also the last time we saw Renard active. When his shape is how the doll originally was, it doesn't show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
She said if he wanted to leave, she would let him. That's legally different from him being free to leave at will.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

????????????

Well I posted in the wrong thread alright :v:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

JT Jag posted:

(Eglamore, up until hidden behind the door, closes it behind Tony and Annie silently)

"I knew always carrying this knife around was a good idea and not creepy at all."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, I think she said that she'd be willing to set him free, but it didn't actually happen. The Antimony sign has remained on his forehead because he's still possessing an object that belongs to her. I expect that, even while giving the doll to Anthony, it still "belongs to her" in some sense so he's only bound to her orders.

Or, like some people speculated in the last chapter, perhaps Anthony's demand qualified as "taking the doll against her will" somehow, and so the restriction was broken.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 19, 2015

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Lying to herself can't change the truth.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Antony told her to pass him the control of Reynardine, you could imagine sever arguments about why it hasn't worked. Firstly that Renard no longer considers himself the demon Reynardine and his time with Annie has redeemed his actions taken which lead to him coming under her control. Secondly that the control is entirely wrapped u in ownership of the doll and its being made by Surma for Annie and that control cannot be transferred. and Finally that Annie's offer of 'freedom if he wishes it' was taken as a standing offer which as the control was passed he accepted.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Renard's still under Annie's control. See Hetty's chapter, where a simple suggestion "don't return late" actually turned into an order without her realizing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

d: He's ordering him to stop chewing up his shoes. Reynard cannot, being a canid.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh, that's the summer that Reynardine spent with Jones. We never know what he was up to during that time. I hope we can get a bonus comic about that like we're getting with Paz now.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope this is a hilarious intervention and jimmy jims is there too.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

I hope this is a hilarious intervention and jimmy jims is there too.

It would actually make sense. The Donlans have known Anthony for years and seem to understand his weirdness pretty well. I know there have been others in the thread who understandably want everyone to go in guns blazing to protect Annie from his psycho "parenting," but I feel like they'd know that the best way to deal with TonyBot is to trap him in layers of elaborate etiquette and procedure while they feel out his true intentions and do what they can to help his daughter (and the daughter of their deceased best friend) at that time, rather than attempt a kidnapping.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's going to be a big welcome back party.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

YF-23 posted:

It's going to be a big welcome back party.

loving hell. Anthony's face if it IS.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pistol_Pete posted:

loving hell. Anthony's face if it IS.
... will be exactly the same?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

CrashCat posted:

... will be exactly the same?

An unforseen event that he wasn't prepared for? Being confronted with all his childhood acquaintances at once? Being forced into social interaction?

Come on, the guy's head would explode like in Scanners.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

An unforseen event that he wasn't prepared for? Being confronted with all his childhood acquaintances at once? Being forced into social interaction?

Yeah he'd find it incredibly stressful, but the way this guy reacts to stress isn't an outward display. He'd just not say anything and then leave ASAP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He just cuts his face up and hands off after to deal with it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

He'd play a poker face all night then cry himself to sleep.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like anthony as little as anybody but i find the glee in the thought of putting an autist in a highly distressing situation kind of offputting

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jones will be there, stuffing her face with food in the most unnerving way.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Jones will be there, stuffing her face with food in the most unnerving way.

Hire Jones to smile at Tony all night. In fact, we don't even need everyone else for the intervention.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Does Jones even eat?

Maybe its like 'I am here to taste the might of their cooking'

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
So, what do you think today's update will be?

I'm hoping they all stand around in that big, white, empty room and look at each other some more.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

So, what do you think today's update will be?

An establishing shot of the dinner, with nobody saying anything yet. On Friday someone will say something potentially dramatic, and then on Monday it will turn out to be not so dramatic.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Someone please post "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest tia

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ElMaligno posted:

Someone please post "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZG11UBoj-o

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thank you

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
YES. Smitty is on the scene. Fix this, Smitty. Fix it now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Fangz posted:

YES. Smitty is on the scene. Fix this, Smitty. Fix it now.

"All you gotta do is pull the trigger on this gun, your power'll do the rest."

:unsmigghh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ENGAGE PLAN

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MikeJF posted:

ENGAGE PLAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRo3u04vY1E

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, wow, what if Renard isn't responding to Anthony because Kat & co. have already sneaked in and stole him, and replaced him with just a regular doll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zeCXlFPjk

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
AW YEAH I FUCKIN' LOVE THESE GUYS!

Can't wait to see what crazy poo poo happens next, oh man!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Finally, a new plot point besides 'Anthony Carver is still a jerkass'.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Smitty, lower those eyebrows! And the other one!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fried Chicken posted:

Smitty, lower those eyebrows! And the other one!

No one can control Smitty's eyebrows, not even Smitty. They do what they want when they want.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
The room would be pretty rad if you were into racquetball or bowling or small bore target shooting or something.

But I bet the light switch is like right next to the door, and that'd be annoying as gently caress.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

YF-23 posted:

Oh, wow, what if Renard isn't responding to Anthony because Kat & co. have already sneaked in and stole him, and replaced him with just a regular doll?

Oh man I love to think about him just giving orders to an inert toy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyV0IVItlM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

The room would be pretty rad if you were into racquetball or bowling or small bore target shooting or something.

But I bet the light switch is like right next to the door, and that'd be annoying as gently caress.

I'm sure there's a Clapper in there. But it doesn't work well because of the sheer amount of echo that room produces.