Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uh, you know who might disagree with that? A little known guy named JESUS. As in CHRIST?!

also a multitude of gaylords, but who cares about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

haddedam posted:

yeah let's just have poor people rape, kill, torture and execute people instead of setting rules and regulations, truly based.

If there's anything that the government of China hates, it's rules and regulations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: too old of a post

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 9, 2024

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

DamnitGannet posted:

Also peeing in the shower? Reddit hates that.

yet another proof that SA is the superior website

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
The redditor who shuns the shower pisser is the same redditor with a piss jug under their desk.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

haddedam posted:

yeah let's just have poor people rape, kill, torture and execute people instead of setting rules and regulations, truly based.

yup. now start running
:blastu:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I prefer the rape and torture go through the proper channels :thanks:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I, Butthole posted:

found the young child of a landlord

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Well this is a weird derail

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Well this is a weird derail

Get out of here tankie, the landlords are speaking

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Pay no attention to him. He's just a...

*checks notes*

haddedam posted:

corrupt terminally online mods and admins who tend to lean tankie cause they have no hirable skills or education.

...so there!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

goblin week posted:

yet another proof that SA is the superior website

https://twitter.com/dril/status/397755117690032129

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Every other social platform allows you to post images in replies. Reddit is very dumb in this way.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i can't think of any examples of design decisions re. reddit (the website, the community, the shitfart iphone app or the behaviour of the company in general) that don't suck rear end

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

When u think about it, a homeowner is just a landlord that rents to themselves :thunk:

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly everyone visiting SA needs a good old purge cause only rich fucks can afford the entrance fee. An entrance fee that is an unmeasurable % higher than the entrance fee to reddit, for example.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Strategic Tea posted:

When u think about it, a homeowner is just a landlord that rents to themselves :thunk:

What if you’ve paid off your mortgage?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

haddedam posted:

Honestly everyone visiting SA needs a good old purge cause only rich fucks can afford the entrance fee. An entrance fee that is an unmeasurable % higher than the entrance fee to reddit, for example.

Is this you getting mad because landlords are scum? I can't tell.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

DerekSmartymans posted:

What if you’ve paid off your mortgage?

People could still live in that place rather than one selfish rear end in a top hat with a house.

All houseowners should offer housing to others.
To cover costs they could ask for a payment from the people staying there as well, to make it fair.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Just keep posting, you're going to get through it

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

haddedam posted:

People could still live in that place rather than one selfish rear end in a top hat with a house.

All houseowners should offer housing to others.
To cover costs they could ask for a payment from the people staying there as well, to make it fair.

I live 10 miles outside of a town of population 400 thirty miles from a suburb of a small city.

We don’t even have cable lines out here, and run our household internet off of either a 4G travel router or directly tethering iPhones to TV/desktop PC.

Nobody else wants to live here. 😬

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I think the obvious rereg might be trolling!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think the obvious rereg might be trolling!

maybe he's just stupid

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Not everyone who's a new registration is a rereg

New people do still sign up for this site

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

nah

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I recently convinced two friends who left Twitter to join the forums because I like getting my friends to waste money.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Willatron posted:

I recently convinced two friends who left Twitter to join the forums because I like getting my friends to waste money.

One of them is kind of an rear end in a top hat!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Willatron posted:

Exactly what this site needs is more broke brain terminally online people!

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I've been trying to talk two friends into accounts because they absolutely would enjoy it here but they balk at :10bux: even if I offer it as a gift. One of them I had to tell to stop sending me reddit links because I already saw it here and you can't open the drat things without the app consistently

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
$10 being a serious obstacle for an adult is kinda bonkers, especially in this day, but it's good it still actually works

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

being asked to spend money on something you think you're getting for free is a tough sell in the current year

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
who would pay ten dollars for something thats awful?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

dreezy posted:

who would pay ten dollars for something thats awful?

Me apparently.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

steinrokkan posted:

$10 being a serious obstacle for an adult is kinda bonkers, especially in this day, but it's good it still actually works

it's not about it being a "serious" obstacle it's about any obstacle existing at all when they have no particular motivation to get past it.
if someone walks up to you on the street and offers you to sell some gizmo you've never heard about before and don't really care about for :10bux: you are probably gonna turn them down regardless of whether you can afford it

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Pretty much that. It's about the obstacle not the required resources.

Honestly both are kinda broken by social media optimization, one when they visited me last year spent an incredible amount of time on my couch watching tiktok. This is where I learned about this thing people do where they put a split screen with unrelated video game footage while a video of people talking plays. I am afflicted so seeing that "made sense" but was low-key horrifying because the only reason to do it is hold eyeballs to trip some metric for $$$ while completely destroying your ability to cope with executive dysfunction in anything that's not tiktok.

I like this site because a) it suits my sensibilities and b) if there's cream rising to the tops of your reddits/tiktoks/facebooks/twitters it'll get skimmed here and I don't have to wade through all the extremely optimized for monetization bullshit to enjoy the few kernels of good stuff in the few areas I actually care about.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
That's not to say that this site and the Awful app aren't also degrading my coping skills, but that's more about me than SA optimizing or causing to be optimized the content for continuous, profitable consumption.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

if there's cream rising to the tops

I gots your rising cream right here, bozo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I never eat a pig because a pig is a cop