Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

eXXon posted:

If Twitter still hasn't figured out how to monetize their massive user base how do you expect an incompetent absentee webmaster to do it?

iirc the zero punctuation guy was a goon before he got big. he left because lowtax paid peanuts for content and then almost singlehandedly kept the escapist afloat for years, survived the site's death and has now his own fairly successful thing

ofc the whole "incompetent absentee" thing complicates any attempt to do anything other than stagnate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Honestly surprised deadmau5 hasn't helicoptered in to buy the forums

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

weekly font posted:

Dumbass could have made 7 figures in the mid aughts for this dump and now is gonna get a little cash that goes to his stupid lease and child support while his Patreon bottoms out and he flounders in the alt right cause he can’t racist tiktok hard enough for the zoomers.

Best chance is probably racist old person mspaint meme Facebook.

He’s gonna be the citizen Kane of the internet except just the part where he dies alone and pathetic.

I always like to imagine what this place would look like if it was 2002 and we had a dozen competent Radiums working towards the goal of bettering the community.
Goon Con would be a major Industry event.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

zer0spunk posted:

as someone who listened to the whole thing you might be better off smashing your head into a wall a few times

i like the part where this is "a leftist forum for liberals"

I said this I dunno how long ago in this thread but it’s just another sign those of us who signed up here when we thought the front page was hilarious aged 13 in 2001 grew up and lowtax and his lame sense of humor were frozen Demolition Man style and have never evolved in the slightest.

Pathetic

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

can anyone tell me why pick was talking about a gif of a 13 year old being sprayed with cum?

did she mean that gif of the old supersoaker commercial?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

witchy posted:

yeah the phrase form the podcast was "enough to do something else" and unless that something else is going to a hardware store I can't say I approve

If "something else" relies on internet likes, views, subscriptions, whatever, it will fail rather quickly. He only did OK here and on patreon because of the fondness (lol) people had of him for being the creator of this site. These people will not support him in any other streaming or otherwise content, and he's not funny or interesting enough to acquire or retain any of the MRA folks. Unfortunately the internet and evolution of its humor have passed him by.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stalin-Chan posted:

lowtax is an idiot who had nothing else in his life, if he had sold the site he would have literally nothing, and he could have just coasted off this site for the rest of his life but he couldn't get loving therapy

A proto-Notch if you will.

That interview was unhinged and all over the place.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Anyone got a link to the podcast? I just got home

https://mega.nz/file/vE0HVTpL#HPeN2uhcmfMyc0Q4_rlz7tI6PP7eHWFdoIGUxUWaYa8

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

kaworu posted:

all the loving horrifically digusting pictures of worms consuming human flesh which is making my skin crawl just to type about, that she posted in this thread last night? That warrants the attention. again, this site used to have loving standards and we went here because it was the sanctuary AWAY from the stupid loving trolls who posted that poo poo - unless you were in FYAD. and this isn't FYAD.

imagine being so loving stupid that you post this

this isn’t a defense of Pick. look at you being a big stupid poopoo diaper baby about posts about worms and nature

worms are rad and you should return to whatever eldritch tomb sealed you away “for five or six years”, or whatever you said, because those worm posts were the high point of like 50 pages ITT and anybody spiritually blind enough to not see that probably doesn’t belong here

worms will get you in the end, by hook or by crook we’re a worm’s breakfast baby, so you best get to liking them. maybe make a nice vegetable garden and fertilize it with a vermiculture composter. it’s a p sweet quarantine project

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sharknado slashfic posted:

Can we just appreciate that the thread that finally brought down Lowtax (pending) has "yikeseroo" in the title

Yikes-a-rino

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

zer0spunk posted:

the user who posted it being probed not a great look thooooo

i think that was for pushing wild conspiracy theories that burt is a pedophile or something

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Google Butt posted:

Why did Jeffrey think giving lowtax money was the right thing to do again

So we can be rid of him and keep the site.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

can anyone tell me why pick was talking about a gif of a 13 year old being sprayed with cum?

isn't that the current will smith/shane dawson stuff

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yikesasaurus

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Anyone got a link to the podcast? I just got home

I'm in the process of recapping it. Don't listen to it, it's garbage and I"m going to go drink when it's done so I can forget everything I've just heard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yikesopolis

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Basic Poster posted:

Honestly surprised deadmau5 hasn't helicoptered in to buy the forums

speaking of dipshit mods lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yikesettini

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

alas his toes were too sweaty to grasp any of the numerous chances that fluttered past them

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ask yourself, do you really want to hear 3 assholes talk for an hour?

Necrofiliate
Apr 3, 2011

C:\>YOURPOST.EXE
ERROR: 0x0BAD
Abort, Retry, Fail?:ovr:

Trustworthy posted:

There's no moral difference between Lowtax owning the site and making money off it over time, vs. getting all that money at once in a buyout

Unless it's a 100% free transfer of ownership, we're all still complicit, burn it down

Look at it this way, no matter what he is going to make money, even if everyone mad leaves and the admins burn everything down on the way out, he will just fix it.

Say Jeff doesn't buy it for 100k (a pure guess), Lowtax will easily make 100k off the lingering clueless people and chuds that stay, as well as the front page. it will be over many years but hes still absolutely going to make that money no matter what, no matter how mad people are.

Say Jeff does buy it for 100K (again a pure guess number). Lowtax still makes the money, but there is a much bigger chance he blows it all at once on something stupid and ruins his life more.

One way preserves SA as a community, the other sees it die in a firey hellstorm.

Either way Lowtax is making money and nobody is going to be able to stop it from happening.

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure why the MRA podcaster teased this angle:

When it's pretty obvious, based on this (since-deleted) Facebook post, that Lowtax was also into it.

Also, lollin at Taxman still trynna tell people this was JUST WORK SRS I SWEAR

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There’s no way he spends a lump sum responsibly. If he blew a million over ~10 years and has no nest egg now, he’s just going to buy more pills and stupid poo poo and croak on the couch from heart disease eight years from now.

do not underestimate the vindictiveness of a narcissist

he might blow through it, and im sure there will be a lot of $150 pies involved, but there will also be a lot of 'having way more cash on hand than the exes' and if i were the person giving him that cash, i'd feel p terrible about it, given how much money talks in the us court system

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Bronze Fonz posted:

2 assholes. Sean is fine.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

juggalo baby coffin posted:

uh-oh, looks like the thread is going to be beetlejuiced again for another 10 pages

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bronze Fonz posted:

i mean i'm reading this thread

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Ok Comboomer posted:

imagine being so loving stupid that you post this

this isn’t a defense of Pick. look at you being a big stupid poopoo diaper baby about posts about worms and nature

worms are rad and you should return to whatever eldritch tomb sealed you away “for five or six years”, or whatever you said, because those worm posts were the high point of like 50 pages ITT and anybody spiritually blind enough to not see that probably doesn’t belong here

worms will get you in the end, by hook or by crook we’re a worm’s breakfast baby, so you best get to liking them. maybe make a nice vegetable garden and fertilize it with a vermiculture composter. it’s a p sweet quarantine project

This dude worms.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Dr. Honked posted:

uh-oh, looks like the thread is going to be beetlejuiced again for another 10 pages

At least 13 pages goes by fast here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

LastGoodBoy posted:

So we can be rid of him and keep the site.

Just shut it down gently caress it

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Handsome Wife posted:

lol @ all the people in this thread who apparently thought Lowtax was just going to nobly walk away from his source of income and identity for the past 20 years for free to go start a new career with his ??? skills

These are the same gullible idiots that were paying into Lowtax's patreon when his third ex wife was in a woman's shelter so I'm not sure what you expected lol

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Peanut Butler posted:

do not underestimate the vindictiveness of a narcissist

he might blow through it, and im sure there will be a lot of $150 pies involved, but there will also be a lot of 'having way more cash on hand than the exes' and if i were the person giving him that cash, i'd feel p terrible about it, given how much money talks in the us court system

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

someone also pointed out earlier how ahead of the curve SA was with lets plays, but he was too loving dumb to capitalise on any of that as well

he really is dumb

I've thought about this now and again over the years and it makes me mad even though I had nothing to do with let's plays other than enjoying them

I'm angry for what could have been ugh

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I had to tap out of the video. I just cant. That whole thing. That world. I feel dirty . I'm taking a shower.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

G.A.P.O. posted:

I'm not sure why the MRA podcaster teased this angle:

When it's pretty obvious, based on this (since-deleted) Facebook post, that Lowtax was also into it.
WTF IMAGE
Also, lollin at Taxman still trynna tell people this was JUST WORK SRS I SWEAR

this is loving gross, wtf

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Just shut it down gently caress it

gently caress no.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bronze Fonz posted:

But enough about My Brother, My Brother, and Me.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

LastGoodBoy posted:

2 assholes. Sean is fine.

Are you talking about Dick Masterson's sidekick?

lmfao

The one that nods when the host goes "I mean a lot of ex wives accuse their husband of violence, and a lot of them probably did some too!"

I managed 3 minutes in and that's enough for me. gently caress this poo poo.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

zer0spunk posted:

the user who posted it being probed not a great look thooooo

It's a real yikeserooni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

I'd say this Richard Kyanka fella really screwed the pooch on that interview. He said he'd get the truth out and show everyone what's what, but it seems like people like him even less now.

Weird how that went.