Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW's The Flash is ending with its next season. Don't know why they couldn't have done this for Legends too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

muscles like this! posted:

CW's The Flash is ending with its next season. Don't know why they couldn't have done this for Legends too.

It's the Faustian pact.

You can have your weird funny TV show that seems to have been created to target you specifically, but you will NEVER get satisfying end.

That said, Legends ending like Monty Python's Holy Grail is perfect.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Big RIP to the Arrowverse.

Also, just found out that Superman and Lois isn’t in it — didn’t know that

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They purposefully obfuscated it in the first season and then didn't come out and confirm that it is separate until the second season finale when General Lane specifically says their Earth doesn't have any other superheroes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TwoPair posted:

CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN!

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I couldn't watch X-Men '92 again without constantly hearing Bill Corbett going "well....Cerebro." in my head

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I couldn't watch X-Men '92 again without constantly hearing Bill Corbett going "well....Cerebro." in my head

Magneto.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you."

I'm glad that Apocalypse is currently dead in the comics because every time I saw him on Krakoa hanging out with mutants that line would be ringing in my head

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's not dead. He's on honeymoon with his wife.

But now I'm sad that we don't get Apocalypse vs. Uranos

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
On that note, is this Krakoan Apocalypse an aged up Kid Apocalypse?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

TwoPair posted:

I'm glad that Apocalypse is currently dead in the comics because every time I saw him on Krakoa hanging out with mutants that line would be ringing in my head

He mellowed out in his old age. :comfyzelda:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When they were making the cartoon not a whole lot had been established about who or what Apocalypse was had been established besides he was incredibly powerful and obsessed with Survival of the Fittest. Since that cartoon ending and Krakoa it was pretty firmly established in the comics he was a mutant, possibly the first mutant.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Before he went off to catch up with his wife, did Apocalypse and Cable interact at all on Krakoa? Given all the poo poo between them, I'd imagine Cable of all people would have hard the hardest time accepting things...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

Before he went off to catch up with his wife, did Apocalypse and Cable interact at all on Krakoa? Given all the poo poo between them, I'd imagine Cable of all people would have hard the hardest time accepting things...

While Apocalypse was around it was Young Cable who I think knew about the beef but it didn't happen to him directly so he didn't care.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

When they were making the cartoon not a whole lot had been established about who or what Apocalypse was had been established besides he was incredibly powerful and obsessed with Survival of the Fittest. Since that cartoon ending and Krakoa it was pretty firmly established in the comics he was a mutant, possibly the first mutant.

Second at best, Selene is a mutant and from the Hyborean Age.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I still do not know what Apocalypse's powers are.

Madkal posted:

It's kind of a shame the animation is really rough and crappy. The voices though are spit on. I still hear those voices in my head when I read X-Men comics.

This is true for me and 90s Spider-Man too. To this day, every Spidey comic sounds like that fellow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

I still do not know what Apocalypse's powers are
Literally no one does, to include the people who created him and the people who have written him in the last 36 years

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He can grow and shapeshift and uh, might be telepathic and um, is super strong and can't be killed and can... Transfer his consciousness from one body to another and he can make mutants extra strong and create cool machines and is immortal and

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always thought his power was some kind of vague enhancement of mutations which is why he could affect his Horsemen and absorb other mutations… somehow.

I don’t understand a lot of X Men stuff. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the whole Krakoa thing. Like… all mutants are immortal friends now? Because Moira was a mutant all along searching for a solution to mutant apocalypse? Or something?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Moira's mutant power was whole-life Groundhog's day. She used this to guide mutants to a point of isolationist utopian living and then once people caught wind of it all kinds of further crazy poo poo started happening, including stuff like capturing her and putting her in stasis so she never dies to fix X-Men problems.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Apocalypse's powers are even more vaguely defined than Thanos, who is like a more vaguely defined version of Darkseid

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

theironjef posted:

, including stuff like capturing her and putting her in stasis so she never dies to fix X-Men problems.

When did that happen? nobody except Xavier and Magneto (and I guess Sinister) knew she was alive until Inferno.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Skwirl posted:

When did that happen? nobody except Xavier and Magneto (and I guess Sinister) knew she was alive until Inferno.

I dunno, I read the first omnibus and definitely starting not knowing what the gently caress exactly was going on by the end, especially in the segments set in the far future. Coulda sworn some of the future missions were like "go break moira out of time jail so she can die" type stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

theironjef posted:

I dunno, I read the first omnibus and definitely starting not knowing what the gently caress exactly was going on by the end, especially in the segments set in the far future. Coulda sworn some of the future missions were like "go break moira out of time jail so she can die" type stuff.

Oh, those are all lives Moira lived previous to the establishment of Krakoa and the resurrection protocols. I thought you meant during Krakoa.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

theironjef posted:

Moira's mutant power was whole-life Groundhog's day. She used this to guide mutants to a point of isolationist utopian living and then once people caught wind of it all kinds of further crazy poo poo started happening, including stuff like capturing her and putting her in stasis so she never dies to fix X-Men problems.

It feels like I'd have to spend five lifetimes just practicing remembering things so I could even get started on a project like that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I stopped reading at the end of the omnibus so I've always wondered what the next phase in her plan is. Like it's great that she pulled off Krakoa, but now whenever she dies she has to do all this again to create that situation, from now on, forever. I guess they just also freeze her in place but it's okay because they're the main characters. Maybe they just have Scarlet Witch do a one-woman M-Day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IIRC Apocalypse has complete control over his molecules which lets him change size and live a long time etc, but then he also has a bunch of celestial tech so that gives him all the other stuff

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hard to say what the original plans Hickman had were, but it turned out she wanted to cure mutants forever. Like make it impossible for new ones to be born, and then cure or kill all the living ones. Then she would cure herself.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Just started watching Paper Girls. I read the comic but didn't love it, and I think the series is correcting some of the flaws in the comic. Could be that the comic just works better in trades vs issues.
Either way, a fine watch (I'm only on episode 3)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

StumblyWumbly posted:

Just started watching Paper Girls. I read the comic but didn't love it, and I think the series is correcting some of the flaws in the comic. Could be that the comic just works better in trades vs issues.

I love the book and just started re-reading it. It's definitely a different story almost entirely while still maintaining some of the big themes. I enjoyed the series as well.

Edit - It's a lot like the Boys. Took the general framework of the story and changed it up enough to appeal to a new crowd while still being faithful in spirit to the original.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Hard to say what the original plans Hickman had were, but it turned out she wanted to cure mutants forever. Like make it impossible for new ones to be born, and then cure or kill all the living ones. Then she would cure herself.

That's one of the previous lives tho.

Anyway the cool thing about the revamp is that it took X-men into an insanely sci fi space where the regular drama of watching teenage mutants die was wiped out, in favor, hopefully, new stories that weren't just that.

Then things got a bit complicated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

He can grow and shapeshift and uh, might be telepathic and um, is super strong and can't be killed and can... Transfer his consciousness from one body to another and he can make mutants extra strong and create cool machines and is immortal and

Some of that is his armor and not him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

IIRC Apocalypse has complete control over his molecules which lets him change size and live a long time etc, but then he also has a bunch of celestial tech so that gives him all the other stuff

Yea this is how It's always been explained to me. And that Celestial Tech enables him to have control over other peoples molecules so he can do the Horseman thing.

StumblyWumbly posted:

I read the first 2 volumes and the trailer showed nothing of what I read in them. There were no people on quetz's for example.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I read the comics ages ago and kind of forgot about them for the most part. My wife keeps asking me what is going to happen next and I keep telling her it's different from the comic so I have no idea what is going to happen next. That being said Paper Girls has been really good.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SheaCoulee/status/1554945595231686657

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Apparently the Moon Knight creators are teasing a second season.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1554611086434807808

Well, dodged that bullet

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SonicRulez posted:

Kinda interested in seeing where they go with Born Again. To my memory, S3 of Daredevil covered at least part of that story already. Still, happy to see it. Cox was a great Murdock and he should be in more projects while he's still up for doing it. I hope to see Colter soon. I thought he was a great Cage even if the stories didn't always live up.

Season 3 of Daredevil pretty much had the taxi scene. Which is arguably the highlight of Born Again.

Also the greatest Simpsons episode is "You Only Move Twice."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Unlike those nazis Peacemaker shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
My god the disturbing sound effects in the Court of Owls orgy in this week's Harley Quinn hahaha