Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

If you're on PC, you can pretty much assume that any lobby with > about 8 people has at least one hacker/modder in it

:mediocre:

I just take it in stride. Sometimes you get a fun modder, sometimes you get a money modder, sometimes you get a dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

loving lol

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Inzombiac posted:

It hacking really prevalent or did I get a bad server?

Yes.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

It hacking really prevalent or did I get a bad server?

Hacking is more or less universal in Free Play. Even if you don't have a hacker in your session you're going to be harassed by a fleet of flying Deluxos and Akulas all bought with hacker cash drops.

Jobs hackers are, in my experience, pretty few and far between though and even then they're usually just obnoxious (spawning in random obstacles) rather than outright cheating like in your example.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

New Butt Order posted:

Hacking is more or less universal in Free Play. Even if you don't have a hacker in your session you're going to be harassed by a fleet of flying Deluxos and Akulas all bought with hacker cash drops.

Jobs hackers are, in my experience, pretty few and far between though and even then they're usually just obnoxious (spawning in random obstacles) rather than outright cheating like in your example.

Good to know. Someone else spawned a hundred train cars into downtown and that was pretty funny.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
New car is dumb. $1,610,000 for a Cadillac concept car that has zero customization but can have machine guns :toot:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hugh Malone posted:

New car is dumb. $1,610,000 for a Cadillac concept car that has zero customization but can have machine guns :toot:

Not emptyquoting.

I saw it was the unlock for today and immediately decided I wasn't even gonna waste my time buying one to write up a post for the thread because it's hot loving garbage. Maybe next week we can get something good like the Kamacho or 190Z :sigh:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

:owned:

Also, that new car looks nice but 1)it should have been an Albany instead of an Ubermacht and 2)$1.6 mil for a sedan with barely any options other than guns and a few livery options? gently caress that.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
If you want a showboat luxury sedan I suggest the Windsor Drop. That's a real land yacht and almost always draws a compliment when I bust it out

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Hugh Malone posted:

If you want a showboat luxury sedan I suggest the Windsor Drop. That's a real land yacht and almost always draws a compliment when I bust it out

windsor/windsor drop are choice automobiles for style - only downside is they drive like a brick :(

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

coupedeville posted:

windsor/windsor drop are choice automobiles for style - only downside is they drive like a brick :(

I kind of like that though, keeps you on your toes a little.. And they move pretty well in a straight line.

Bobfly fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 23, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Was I supposed to buy a bunker first what do I do in this game now

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Was I supposed to buy a bunker first what do I do in this game now

uninstall

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh good, after 10 minutes of loading up GTAO some guy is calling everyone racist names and causing explosions at everyone's feet so you can't play this game at all.

gently caress this poo poo.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Inzombiac posted:

Oh good, after 10 minutes of loading up GTAO some guy is calling everyone racist names and causing explosions at everyone's feet so you can't play this game at all.

gently caress this poo poo.

Not a problem on modern consoles. Just saying. I find it much more enjoyable.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So the special vehicle missions are pretty fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmjHO1ofJug

The Ramp Buggy one is also hilarious if you are the one following the buggy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the solution to modders: buy your own access to the good mod menu (there's basically one that all the hackers use and it's a little over :20bux: for lifetime access), when you see someone being an unbelievable hellfucker turn on all the menu's protections against fuckery and teleport them to the middle of buttfuck and trap them in a cargo container

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the solution to modders: buy your own access to the good mod menu (there's basically one that all the hackers use and it's a little over :20bux: for lifetime access), when you see someone being an unbelievable hellfucker turn on all the menu's protections against fuckery and teleport them to the middle of buttfuck and trap them in a cargo container

Oooh....fighting fire with fire.

The other upside? You can make your own hackerbux.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

I love how mod menus can build in protection against hax but Rockstar can't seem to figure any of this poo poo out :allears:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If you want to beat the enemy, you have to BE the enemy

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
TBH if rockstars monetization scheme wasn’t so awful I imagine the hacker population would decrease. If there were a relatively shithead free way to make money in the game that made that money at a reasonable clip people would do that. But when I have to netsplit my own sessions to avoid akulas to deliver cars? Meh.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

But when I have to netsplit my own sessions to avoid akulas to deliver cars? Meh.

the last time I played I was creeping around in my akula and came up on a pubbie tryna source a Z-type - popped him and destroyed the car before he even got his hands on it lmao :feelsgood:

it's me; i'm the problem :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

coupedeville posted:

the last time I played I was creeping around in my akula and came up on a pubbie tryna source a Z-type - popped him and destroyed the car before he even got his hands on it lmao :feelsgood:

it's me; i'm the problem :v:

Two nights ago a guy I finished a mission with immediately killed me once it was over, but forgot to take any money off my body.

As he was driving away, I shot a homing missile from the hill I respawned on and blew up his car as he was driving down the highway. He left the game right then and there.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

As he was driving away, I shot a homing missile from the hill I respawned on and blew up his car as he was driving down the highway. He left the game right then and there.

making pubbies rage quit is hilarious

gg goonbro

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Which one is this because two nights ago I was helping someone do the Deluxo setup and it was a three man mission, so we had to go all the way back for the last one but friend that setup the mission just bought the Paleto Bay Facility (uuuuugh) so just getting the first three Deluxos and taking them back took a decade. We got the last one, sprayed it and just to have it blown up by some rear end in a top hat with godmode who just spawned in whatever vehicle he wanted to use to terrorize us the remainder of the game. We just gave up after that and quit playing, I've never had the steam blown out of my sails so quickly in a game.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Powershift posted:

:mediocre:

I just take it in stride. Sometimes you get a fun modder, sometimes you get a money modder, sometimes you get a dickhead.

Some rear end in a top hat stole my chair with the fun side effect that I couldn't sit to do crates or IE lol
Also took all the icons off my phone, I noticed when I tried to snapchat that pic

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I finally bought a Buzzard. god drat does this thing make life so much easier.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Some rear end in a top hat stole my chair with the fun side effect that I couldn't sit to do crates or IE lol
Also took all the icons off my phone, I noticed when I tried to snapchat that pic

gently caress your chair, complainin' from that office full of money

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ended my run last night by having a hacker chasing me down the freeway in a tugboat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

chitoryu12 posted:

Ended my run last night by having a hacker chasing me down the freeway in a tugboat.

I need to learn how to hack.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

It's funny because half of the mod menus out there are busted and the other half are working just fine afaik.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Any tips for flying the oppressor without crashing it and winding up in another zip code with broken legs? I've spray-painted so many walls with blood they think Banksy's in town. I came in for what I thought was a perfect two-point landing and the bike shot out from under me so far I was able to call in another personal vehicle.

I'm also terrible at the hover mode with the Deluxo, it's like driving a goddamn hockey puck. Do you just not use it unless you are going to offroad in it screaming like you are on the Dukes of Hazzard?

I had to chill out in my Coil Voltic after all that and cruise around in my silent car listening to 80's deep cuts.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
One trick for landing the Oppressor is to retract the wings just before you hit the road so you don’t end up bouncing. In all honesty I only ever use hover mode for extended periods of time when I am over water because I think it is quicker, but other than that either fly or drive normally.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 27, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never really had issues driving anything in the game, but honestly you just need to slow down sometimes. You won't fly off the road if you hit the brakes (then release the brakes so you don't lock up your steering) before reaching a corner. I've won or got second place on races by just slowing down and letting my opposition smash into walls.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Ya, pick a good spot, land as flat and you can, retract the wings and use both brakes. When you get the limitations down you can get pretty swiggity

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Don't land. Just figure out which roofs/walls you can touch both tires to to reset your boost.

IF you really have to stop some where, get low, then pull back hard and stall out and land flat with the wings out, if you're low enough you won't even fall off. if you do fall off you'll still be right on top of your bike

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Double RP and Funbux on Rockstar-created races.

Unless it's a cleverly-timed nod to the Rolex 24, what update is coming out? It seems like every time they do this, it's to allow players to rapidly build cash to rapidly spend a few days later.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Double RP and Funbux on Rockstar-created races.

Unless it's a cleverly-timed nod to the Rolex 24, what update is coming out? It seems like every time they do this, it's to allow players to rapidly build cash to rapidly spend a few days later.

It'll be a bit before an update, there's still a handful of dripfeed cars we haven't got yet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would imagine the next one will be one last big blowout before they start pushing people to rockstar's other game.

Yeah, that's right, rockstar is making a second game. 2 in a decade, fuckin crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

• Locked thread