Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MinorInconvenience posted:

Are people waking up? Or is this being kept alive by some of us here?

I truly hope more folks are realizing what a stupid risk this project is.

5 6 years in, no netcode, no AI, no game mechanics, :tif:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
quote not edit

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just hope to hell they can keep things afloat to at least release episode 1 of SQ42. I need to see the results of Robert's efforts and vision with that one.

March is shaping up as a sad month funding wise. They can't even squeeze in concept sales fast enough.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I guess if you make up a bunch of poo poo like "Active development" you can color the 90% of that list that doesn't exist which might trick a few more idiots into spending money.

And here I thought telling lies was deceptive.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

What is the next concept sale anyway? Are they running out of ships?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

What is the next concept sale anyway? Are they running out of ships?

A new TheAgent leak:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

Jesus christ it's like this whole thread summed up in one jpeg. Excellent work. I'll take two!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

:four: ....no.....:five:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AutismVaccine posted:

:four: ....no.....:five:

:agreed:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

:thurman:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

Can these launch Superspacemarine Spitfire jet fighters?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

thatguy posted:

Hello.

What's new since last we met?

I picked up GTA V on PC yesterday. I am going to do some wicked sick jumps when I get off work.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

I'm hearing that it can, in fact, do anything

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Decrepus posted:

God yes. Also has a drink dispenser, AV rack, and basketball court along with air hockey. Jacked to the tits until nipples hit 11.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You better buy it now, because it will be $600? Maybe $700 once the game releases.

And that is just what CIG will be charging for it, the fact it runs on pure distilled imagination means it will quadruple in value easily like MoMAs ships with the potential to be worth ten or a million times more.

This ship could easily cost you Four Trillion Dollars.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

You better buy it now, because it will be $600? Maybe $700 once the game releases.

And that is just what CIG will be charging for it, the fact it runs on pure distilled imagination means it will quadruple in value easily like MoMAs ships with the potential to be worth ten or a million times more.

What is the Real Dollar to Star Citizen Dollar ratio?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

SC ships are the one true unlimited growth market

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

This all sounds spookily familiar: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/03/this-article-wont-change-your-mind/519093/

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

What is the Real Dollar to Star Citizen Dollar ratio?

That's only going to be applicable until 2020, when UEC replaces all of the worlds currencies due to it's stability when compared to the dollar.

Ship JPEG backed currency will replace Oil backed currency so you might be looking at something like $1000USD per UEC.

It'll basically be John Wick where you can slam a UEC coin down on a table and have a guy kill another guy or something.

Jason Sextro posted:

SC ships are the one true unlimited growth market

This guy gets it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Until CIG implements space dogs, the John Wick scenario cannot happen.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Who was the dude who actually asked that unironically? That was some funny poo poo seeing him go from innocent to dumbfounded.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?msg=Fuzzy%20Modem%27s%20trial&p0=81&year=2017&month=4&day=17&hour=8&min=30&sec=0

Three weeks until the trial of the century, and an answer to the question; Is 'Fuzzymodem' some kind of peadophile code for something?

I admit that I made a horrible mistake the last time I mentioned this and only mentioned the five charges that he was facing. Turns out that it's _thirteen_ counts felony sexual abuse of a minor.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

:homebrew:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I think a lot of criticism originate from STEM people. When Science 3.0 comes online, it will make researching in RL quite pointless. Due to the 9 to 1 NPC ratio, even less people will be needed.

When you look at the founding graph, many drop out of college/uni daily and invest into their future with a completionist package. It all makes perfect sense.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Meridian posted:

Who was the dude who actually asked that unironically? That was some funny poo poo seeing him go from innocent to dumbfounded.

That was poor old Wrecked Angle. Bless.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

It's not just STEM people though, the release of Star Citizen should make everyone fear their job is obsolete. It will offer an experience of such fidelity and immersion that even real life can't compare.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jason Sextro posted:

It's not just STEM people though, the release of Star Citizen should make everyone fear their job is obsolete. It will offer an experience of such fidelity and immersion that even real life can't compare.

Yes, by the year 2942 AI will be an issue. You saw the pics, the drat shopkeeper is floating in the air because he has Magneto like properties. Roberts is one drat visionary.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TerraGoetia posted:

That's a really pretty setup. It's kind of a shame that poor family can't eat dinner though.

MoMA is still here? You are a trooper, Mr MA. I hope for your sake the game comes out and is loving awesome; you deserve it.

I have nowhere else to go. RSI and reddit are both cancer. This is cancer too, but more treatable.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have nowhere else to go. RSI and reddit are both cancer. This is cancer too, but more treatable.

Truer words have never been spoke.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I now have enough info to write a blog.

As I wrote (1, 2) earlier, it's worth pursuing for posterity alone.

• Defy Media stood by the 2015 story, which btw, later won an SPJ award for the writer
  • The Escapist scaled down a year later because the site, like most, is losing money
  • I have it on good authority that they have been going back and forth with legal bullshit since 2015. Just like I was with Ortwin back in 2015
  • Legal bills cost money
  • A parent company for a site that's not making money, isn't going to continue spending money on inconsequential bullshit that's not going to MAKE them money
  • CIG is mostly funded by backer money that we know of. Aside from unknown loans and investors
  • CIG is in a legal song and dance with Defy Media, who has to respond via attorneys
  • Attorneys cost money. CIG has disposable income via backers. Defy does not have money to blow on The Escapist. They raised $70m in Sept 2016 to further their operations (they have other profitable properties)
  • It appears both sides decided to withdraw, rather than continue spending money on inconsequential bullshit
  • The End

If Defy Media was willing to continue spending money to fight a story they PUBLICLY stood behind, it stands to reason that it would be in court by now. Not a mutual removal of the stories - 2 years later. Especially considering that the onus was on CIG to disprove the allegations cited in the article; while defending the defamatory statements made in CIG's diatribe. CIG would have completely LOST such a case; and especially since I would have been dragged into it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well I for one

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

• Defy Media stood by the 2015 story, which btw, later won an SPJ award for the writer
  • The Escapist scaled down a year later because the site, like most, is losing money
  • I have it on good authority that they have been going back and forth with legal bullshit since 2015. Just like I was with Ortwin back in 2015
  • Legal bills cost money
  • A parent company for a site that's not making money, isn't going to continue spending money on inconsequential bullshit that's not going to MAKE them money
  • CIG is mostly funded by backer money that we know of. Aside from unknown loans and investors
  • CIG is in a legal song and dance with Defy Media, who has to respond via attorneys
  • Attorneys cost money. CIG has disposable income via backers. Defy does not have money to blow on The Escapist. They raised $70m in Sept 2016 to further their operations (they have other profitable properties)
  • It appears both sides decided to withdraw, rather than continue spending money on inconsequential bullshit
  • The End

If Defy Media was willing to continue spending money to fight a story they PUBLICLY stood behind, it stands to reason that it would be in court by now. Not a mutual removal of the stories - 2 years later. Especially considering that the onus was on CIG to disprove the allegations cited in the article; while defending the defamatory statements made in CIG's diatribe. CIG would have completely LOST such a case; and especially since I would have been dragged into it

There's not enough Chemo to treat this level of cancer. I retract my previous statement.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's not enough Chemo to treat this level of cancer. I retract my previous statement.

Shows what you know, Chemotherapy sheep. Little did you know you just had to blast coffee up your rear end. I thought the Man of Many Anuses would've remembered that *sigh*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Its great to hear we're the prostate to their pancreatic cancer.

BTW, do your sources still say that 2.6.2 will be released this month? I'm asking for a friend.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Come on, Derek is at most a rectal polyp.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 27, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

you don't really get the fun of trolling goons from RSI or reddit, either

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

D_Smart posted:

• Legal bills cost money
  • The End

You all thought it was a slow news day. HOLD THE loving PHONE EVERYONE. Derek, NOW, has enough info to write a blog. Thank god we got an announcement on this. I look forward to this as step one in the process going forward. We usually only get:

Announcement that a new blog post is coming
Announcement of legal clearance to write a blog
Announcement that blog is in development
Announcement that new blog is out with link
Reference 1-5 in the following months to said blog if anything happens to correspond with an RSI comm link

Having said all that, your commitment to open blog development should be a lesson to CIG.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jason Sextro posted:

you don't really get the fun of trolling goons from RSI or reddit, either

Have you visited those places lately? It's mostly goons nowadays. Nobody but them and logical chimp give a crap anymore.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Time to break out the :parpcorn: emote.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

You know, I already cited/linked that previously. Just sayin'.

Also, for retro space game enthusiasts, sometime within the next two weeks, Blizzard will be releasing StarCraft: Brood War for free with mods to make it work better on modern OSes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

I just hope to hell they can keep things afloat to at least release episode 1 of SQ42. I need to see the results of Robert's efforts and vision with that one.

March is shaping up as a sad month funding wise. They can't even squeeze in concept sales fast enough.

I'm hoping the game mirrors development.

The Pusher romance is totally ok up until the final few scenes where it's revealed she is actually married to all of the main actors. This was actually known all along too and it flows nicely between scenes without any jarring oddity at all because Chris Roberts used to school Shakespeare in how to get things done right.