Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I've had 100% capswarm carrier skills for more than a 10 days and the loving auth on gf.com has not updated

ive opened a ticket but does anyone know a good solution to this? should I delete the character and then re-add them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Baculus posted:

this would be a nice start.

I have several bones to pick with the absolute fuckwits who post "doctrine" ships on contract and get poo poo wrong half the time. maybe this will help that problem.

(altho a lot of it is people obviously skimping on modules and extras so they can undercut other people throwing contracts up.)

if at all possible I'd love to see us maintain some of the standard fits people should use for armor gangs, chemos, and pve poo poo (abyssals mostly) - it would help take the guesswork out of fitting for our newer players or retvets who hear large smart bomb and immediately scream out "ILL BRING MY ROKH"

FYI Atrum is not kidding when he says that you can save a lot of money by just doing a multi buy

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Baculus posted:

I've had 100% capswarm carrier skills for more than a 10 days and the loving auth on gf.com has not updated

ive opened a ticket but does anyone know a good solution to this? should I delete the character and then re-add them?

I was in that same situation earlier in the year and just waited it out. I don't remember how long it took, but it was a fistful of days before it updated.

I'd probably get somebody with a hat to tell you whether re-adding characters is a good idea or if it will reset your counter somehow.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

But composites not components and make sure to factor in your install fees or else you will cry

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

But composites not components and make sure to factor in your install fees or else you will cry

All install fees are factored in afaik. But yeah the next 28 cerbs left I will buy the composites instead of the components. Now the buy orders are already in and that was a lot of tax :(
Fortunately I already have the minerals which I mined myself so ThEy'Re FrEe :smug:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

and make sure these are through buy orders. a quantum microprocessor sells in 1dq for like 67k, buying the composites on the market costs 68k :laffo:

(new guys please, if you dont really need it right now always place buy orders. sometimes reaction farmers like me get wasted on super glue and decide to just offload 200k of composites because fuckit - you can make money off my mistakes!)

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I was in that same situation earlier in the year and just waited it out. I don't remember how long it took, but it was a fistful of days before it updated.

I'd probably get somebody with a hat to tell you whether re-adding characters is a good idea or if it will reset your counter somehow.

PAGING HAT-HAVER PLS RESPONT

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dalael posted:

I decided to go through all my calculations again. I wanted to know exactly how much I could make by sourcing all components & minerals from Jita/Amarr if I simply bought from current sell orders.

Taking into account that I own a fully research Caracal BPO, each caracal would cost me ~14,742,578 if I build them myself, which is in line with current sell orders.
The cost of my Cerb BPC comes up to ~1,644,621 per cerberus considering I did 11 inventions, 4 of which succeeded allowing me to build up to 32 Cerbs. This includes cost of decryptors and Datacore.

Total cost of each cerberus (components + bpc + caracal) = ~178m. Cerbs currently sell for ~ 265m.

Now this does not account for logistic cost of bringing all that poo poo to 1DQ which I still have to figure out, but i'm tired and i spent all day working on Excel. Which I barely know how to use so :suicide:

Hopefully the fact that i'm in no hurry and will use buy orders to buy my components will allow me the make the first few cerbs profitable. As for the other 28, I will do as you suggested.

PS: Let me know if this sounds way off

Ah yeah if you're using buy orders to get the components that math sounds right, I'm not sure how often component buy orders get filled though. I was doing the math using 1DQ1 sell prices, which are a lot more and leave you with no margin.

Also remember that building in 1DQ1 is super expensive, the build order on the cerb is going to be ~12m. The build cost is scaled by the estimated cost of the product as well as the System Index, which is sky high in 1DQ1. If you build it in let's say MO- it would only be 4m, but then you'd have to jump it back to sell it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Stereotype posted:

Ah yeah if you're using buy orders to get the components that math sounds right, I'm not sure how often component buy orders get filled though. I was doing the math using 1DQ1 sell prices, which are a lot more and leave you with no margin.

Also remember that building in 1DQ1 is super expensive, the build order on the cerb is going to be ~12m. The build cost is scaled by the estimated cost of the product as well as the System Index, which is sky high in 1DQ1. If you build it in let's say MO- it would only be 4m, but then you'd have to jump it back to sell it.

This is if I'm using current sell orders from Jita and Amarr as per Evemarketer.com.

Creating buy order would hopefully lower the costs even further, but as you said might not get filled in quickly.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Meanwhile I'm over here wondering if CrapSwarm is still a thing and if it's possible for me to get SRP for at least being a DD target and sparing other more important ships a DD while I polish off the skill corners. :v:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I have 30 formulae for all the big ticket reactions and 15 of each of their bases. plus 2-5 of everything else.

maybe I should start renting them out

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Baculus posted:

I have 30 formulae for all the big ticket reactions and 15 of each of their bases. plus 2-5 of everything else.

maybe I should start renting them out

I recently found this guy on youtube who has this awesome speadsheet. Or at least it looks awesome to me.

He refuses to just upload it but makes videos on how to make one. Ive been using his as a template but his series is 2 years going and he's not even halfway.

I did all I could and I am now figuring the rest on my own. ngl i considered asking him if he'd sell the loving thing.

This is a video where he shows his workbook and explains how it works. He's got maybe 2 dozens so far.

https://youtu.be/mvCLtdIV5QM

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Whoever put current stratop fits in waffe's shared fittings in game, thank you so loving much.

Open fitting tool, filter corp fits, search "Ares" or whatever, click the Dramaqueens fit, click Buy All, hop into the new hull, click Fit to Active Ship, warp back into the fight.

It's 13 easy clicks to get a ship well below contract price. Even puts all the refit modules, drugs, and ammunition that I need into the cargo holds.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Potato Salad posted:

Whoever put current stratop fits in waffe's shared fittings in game, thank you so loving much.

Open fitting tool, filter corp fits, search "Ares" or whatever, click the Dramaqueens fit, click Buy All, hop into the new hull, click Fit to Active Ship, warp back into the fight.

It's 13 easy clicks to get a ship well below contract price. Even puts all the refit modules, drugs, and ammunition that I need into the cargo holds.

don't rely on those 100%, check the gf.com forums for up to date fittings. you can copy the info there and paste it into the fittings tool and do a BUYALL from that

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

yeah I'm giving a quick visual check against the forum eft screenshot after each fitting

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The plan is to clean out all the current corp fitting from the fitting sheet and import all the up-to-date ones from the forum. Hopefully this will help to drastically reduce ambiguity and confusion when someone asks for a fit in fleet and being bombarded with everyone's personal takes on them

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Just listened to the brave sota. Sounded like a dude reading from a script with a gun to his head.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I recalculated everything and it turns out i'm barely gonna break even before moving my poo poo from jita to 1dq :smithicide:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalael posted:

I recalculated everything and it turns out i'm barely gonna break even before moving my poo poo from jita to 1dq :smithicide:

The numbers never lie. Rip to your profits.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Just listened to the brave sota. Sounded like a dude reading from a script with a gun to his head.
Why does Brave even have a sota?

That’s like the Galveston Bay Pizza Vendors Association recording a press release and uploading it to YouTube. It could have been an email to seven people and read by two.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/89894608/

I got on a Nag kill! :dance: Of the alt of the leader of Brave! :dance: :dance:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Presumably Brave doesn't want the Imperium to burn all their poo poo to the ground for being hostile, conveniently close, and right next to TEST's poo poo being burnt to the ground, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. So yeah, he probably got handed a script and pointed at the hundreds of Imperial supercapitals eyeing some XL molotovs.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89894608/

I got on a Nag kill! :dance: Of the alt of the leader of Brave! :dance: :dance:

Stop, stop, they're already dead

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Whatever happened to the carrier meta where everyone assigned drones to a single fast locking subcap? I assume that would still work.. I've noticed we really never deploy carriers anymore. Or maybe I just dont play enough.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Whatever happened to the carrier meta where everyone assigned drones to a single fast locking subcap? I assume that would still work.. I've noticed we really never deploy carriers anymore. Or maybe I just dont play enough.

pretty sure that's what folks were doing in E3, it's called skynetting, but I dunno if it still works by assisting your fighters to a drone bunny or if there's something different to it now

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Dalael posted:

FYI Atrum is not kidding when he says that you can save a lot of money by just doing a multi buy

Wherever I copy the fit list from the forms multi buy fucks by up parsing any module with charges

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Carriers don't use drones anymore

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Jazzzzz posted:

pretty sure that's what folks were doing in E3, it's called skynetting, but I dunno if it still works by assisting your fighters to a drone bunny or if there's something different to it now

Carriers don't use normal drones, and CCP added limits to how many drones can be assisted to any one character to cut back on the tactic. They want players to at least press F1, a PVP fleet that you could AFK in the middle of combat was too much even for them.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Wherever I copy the fit list from the forms multi buy fucks by up parsing any module with charges

Paste it into Pyfa and it automatically updates the name

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Laslow posted:

Why does Brave even have a sota?

That’s like the Galveston Bay Pizza Vendors Association recording a press release and uploading it to YouTube. It could have been an email to seven people and read by two.

Orgs like Brave and Warped Intentions (who also did a brief SOTA which is somehow even more depressing) are actually a lot bigger than they might appear to most combat-line goons; as the Brave leader mentions, a lot of their guys are still intimidated by any kind of combat (which makes them a poor fit for nullsec and perhaps EVE, tbh) so outside of Delta and other black ops groups, goons never really see them.

Core Brave Newbies is huge, they've been recruiting for ages, but a lot of them are still hesitant to get stuck in and blown up over and over (partially because their SRP is bad).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I feel kind of bad for them, they seem so earnest and naive, but they did join the war of extermination against us so gently caress them. Brave will be almost 100% evicted from our space before the week is through.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Klyith posted:

Carriers don't use normal drones, and CCP added limits to how many drones can be assisted to any one character to cut back on the tactic. They want players to at least press F1, a PVP fleet that you could AFK in the middle of combat was too much even for them.

What carriers have gotten in trade for this is that fighters are decidedly not drones anymore; they use an entirely different deployable unit system that is much more like fighter groups in Homeworld 2 than anything, and makes the Homeworld<->EVE comparisons even more obvious. You can now, separately from your own vessel, assign move commands to each fighter squadron you launch (or select them all as a group and command that way), initiate their weapons individually, manually activate their prop mods, have them hold at a position or orbit a given object, and you can do this from clear across the grid. You can literally order them to travel thousands of kilometers if you don't mind them being shot at. And you can also target from 4500km away, with a dedicated highslot sensor booster that allows you to lock most ships like a frigate would (so you lock even ceptors in under 5 seconds). It's the closest EVE has ever come to playing a bit like a strategy game on the individual player level, and for a Carrier Dork™ like me it absolutely loving rules.

This is also a good part of the reason the Massacre At M2 even happened - the other side of Vily's enormous, colossal fuckup is that he evidently wasn't keeping track of where fighters were deployed. They were, in fact, deployed above the keepstar, right into the jump point established for the titans. This meant that there was no travel time involved at all; the fighter-bombers began attacking the instant their carriers could get a lock. This meant that, even under ideal conditions and loading correctly, the Trapi titans were under fire almost as soon as they took the field; even with good load conditions, they were under fire before the pilots could even engage defenses, never mind call for repair support. (And, jumping into a loaded system, many of them did not get good loading conditions.) The fighter positioning was key to how this all worked; previously, those fighters would've had to be delegated to other pilots to make it work, but in this battle, all the Imperium carrier pilots had to do was lock target, tell the fighters to attack, and it was off to the races.

(can you tell I am excited for and enjoy how carriers work now :shobon:)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

What carriers have gotten in trade for this is that fighters are decidedly not drones anymore; they use an entirely different deployable unit system that is much more like fighter groups in Homeworld 2 than anything, and makes the Homeworld<->EVE comparisons even more obvious. You can now, separately from your own vessel, assign move commands to each fighter squadron you launch (or select them all as a group and command that way), initiate their weapons individually, manually activate their prop mods, have them hold at a position or orbit a given object, and you can do this from clear across the grid. You can literally order them to travel thousands of kilometers if you don't mind them being shot at. And you can also target from 4500km away, with a dedicated highslot sensor booster that allows you to lock most ships like a frigate would (so you lock even ceptors in under 5 seconds). It's the closest EVE has ever come to playing a bit like a strategy game on the individual player level, and for a Carrier Dork™ like me it absolutely loving rules.

This is also a good part of the reason the Massacre At M2 even happened - the other side of Vily's enormous, colossal fuckup is that he evidently wasn't keeping track of where fighters were deployed. They were, in fact, deployed above the keepstar, right into the jump point established for the titans. This meant that there was no travel time involved at all; the fighter-bombers began attacking the instant their carriers could get a lock. This meant that, even under ideal conditions and loading correctly, the Trapi titans were under fire almost as soon as they took the field; even with good load conditions, they were under fire before the pilots could even engage defenses, never mind call for repair support. (And, jumping into a loaded system, many of them did not get good loading conditions.) The fighter positioning was key to how this all worked; previously, those fighters would've had to be delegated to other pilots to make it work, but in this battle, all the Imperium carrier pilots had to do was lock target, tell the fighters to attack, and it was off to the races.

When can I start ratting in a carrier again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

When can I start ratting in a carrier again.

final victory over vily will bring the glorious decades decadence of carrier ratting back to the common goon

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 12, 2021

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

final victory over vily will bring the glorious decades of carrier ratting back to the common goon

:worship:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

That all sounds fun as hell. How many dozens (hundreds?) of skill injectors do I need to bum off people to be able to fly one? :haw:

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Anyone have a suggestion for an Amarr BS laser ratting ship. I'm already sick of deal with drones.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

i actually meant to write decadence but hey

The Shortest Path posted:

That all sounds fun as hell. How many dozens (hundreds?) of skill injectors do I need to bum off people to be able to fly one? :haw:

The exact skill requirements for CapSwarm can be found on the forum. A lot of the core, non-capital skills are things you should definitely be training anyway even if you have no cap skills yet. As for the cap-specific ones... let's just say there's a bunch of skills that require multiple millions of SP before you are ready and you can do the math from there. :v:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 12, 2021

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

MrTargetPractice posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for an Amarr BS laser ratting ship. I'm already sick of deal with drones.

Not in delve, not with this many hostiles around.

The main benefit of drones, at least until ccp nerfs them, is you can be afk or multibox them for very little effort.

As a solo player actively ratting in a subcap is barely worth the income it provides compared to the effort it takes, in my opinion.

If this were safer times I'd point you to the nightmare to try, but those are very expensive and also you'll just die if you try to take pretty much any BS out right now for ratting.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I'm really impressed with how CCP's done with the servers. We had a 2000 person HAC brawl in T5Z this evening and it was perfectly playable even in 10% TIDI. I last played in 2015 and I've been in 4 2000+ person fights since I rejoined a week ago and all have been pretty decent. Having both sides separated by a single stargate makes for quick and easy content 24/7. I'm having a blast. Fleet fights have never been better imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

L0cke17 posted:

Not in delve, not with this many hostiles around.

The main benefit of drones, at least until ccp nerfs them, is you can be afk or multibox them for very little effort.

As a solo player actively ratting in a subcap is barely worth the income it provides compared to the effort it takes, in my opinion.

If this were safer times I'd point you to the nightmare to try, but those are very expensive and also you'll just die if you try to take pretty much any BS out right now for ratting.

The issue I'm having is that rats like to shoot my drones. No matter when I bring them out. If I have to bail because a hostile pops up I always lose at least 1 heavy drone when I come back.

Sounds like making isk outside a station is really rough in null right now. I noticed that even nullsec mining seems to be less profitable than empire even.

I guess I'll lean into PI for sone passive income and do fleet stuff and see what happens.