Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

girl dick energy posted:

For all of Kingmaker’s faults, it‘s designed to be easy to digest the setting information a piece at a time, and most important terms/locations/groups have mouseover text explaining who or what they are. Most of what makes it difficult for newcomers is that the game throws you straight into the deep end with character building and only the vaguest suggestions about what makes a good or bad character.

Also that mistakes in Kingdom Mode tend to snowball. Badly. (Even people like me who love the game admit that Kingdom Mode was poorly-constructed.)
I absolutely adore Pathfinder: Kingmaker and you are not kidding; maybe it goes better if you just say "I want to [smash/heal/explode/steal]!" and let the game pick all your characters' level-up progressions, but how many people actually do that? I am endlessly familiar with both tabletop and computer versions of D&D/Pathfinder from the 1980s to 2000s and even I was astounded by the character creator's depth.

...AND this is a great time to add that I checked out Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous' beta (the alpha was already so much fun that I decided to just wait for the full release after finishing it), and just BRIEFLY GLANCING through all the newly-added classes/subclasses took me 30 minutes (just those added since the alpha mind you, not even taking into account those added since Pathfinder: Kingmaker). I absolutely love how completely berserk Owlcat Games is in giving you too many choices, but I have no idea how anyone unfamiliar with table-top gaming could possibly work up an interest in cracking the code here. It is the first game to remind me of Knights of Legend since ... Knights of Legend. "Hmm, which of these four subclasses of flying bird-man is ideal for a party focusing on maneuverable light-armor favoring scimitars and storm magic?"

Though circling back to your post, yeah, like, Pathfinder: Kingmaker's Kingdom Mode has to be the only thing since "playing Lionheart at all" where I considered cheating to get past certain parts to be the normal game experience (at release anyway for sure; I committed to a second playthrough and put the kingdom on easy and only a few times did I have to panic-purchase BPs).

WaltherFeng posted:

There has to be a real example where the dictator joins the rebels and they elect him again.
Bonnie Prince Charlie comes to mind immediately despite his rebellion failing. I bet if this happened in real life it would be one of those things where at the time of his (surely his) initial ouster he was still in the "acting benevolent" phase of some new dictatorships, and then after the successful re-establishment got to the "but lol actually death to my enemies" phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pierzak posted:

Why? I'd really rather not. What happens if you don't go lawful?
I touch on it in the Kingdom Mode and Metaknowledge sections, but to be more explicit...

1. Lawful gets the Bulletin Board building, which gives a flat +2 on all of your advisors' rolls for resolving Problems in the region, and you get access to it right away. Considering the vast majority of "+X when resolving Y" bonuses are conditional, it's an extremely useful boost from when you're still figuring out what the gently caress all the way through endgame.

2. Lawful get to sidestep a moment in the third chapter where you have to decide which of two advisors are going to die, and both of said advisors (Kesten and Jhod) are best-in-slot for most kingdoms. (The alternatives are either Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil, or better used elsewhere.)

Considering that Kingdom mode is... let's say somewhat poorly balanced, losing those bonuses is huge.

Edit: So I guess a more specific tip would be "Play Lawful if you care about Kingdom Mode." I'll change that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 24, 2021

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

WaltherFeng posted:

There has to be a real example where the dictator joins the rebels and they elect him again.

Not quite what you're asking for but:

Maximilian I, emperor of Mexico, refused an attempt to save him from execution and at his execution said "I forgive everyone, and I ask everyone to forgive me. May my blood, which is about to be shed, be for the good of the country. Viva México, viva la independencia!"

After using them to get in to power, Ataturk completely disassembled the Sultanate and Caliphate of the Ottoman Empire/Turkey and replaced them with a democratic government. This one's more of a mixed bag because he was a militant nationalist and carrying on the ideology of the rebellion that did the Armenian genocide. I guess the upside is that he killed everyone that wanted to get rid of the democratic elections in addition to a bunch of innocent random racial minorities...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Count Uvula posted:

Not quite what you're asking for but:

Maximilian I, emperor of Mexico, refused an attempt to save him from execution and at his execution said "I forgive everyone, and I ask everyone to forgive me. May my blood, which is about to be shed, be for the good of the country. Viva México, viva la independencia!"

After using them to get in to power, Ataturk completely disassembled the Sultanate and Caliphate of the Ottoman Empire/Turkey and replaced them with a democratic government. This one's more of a mixed bag because he was a militant nationalist and carrying on the ideology of the rebellion that did the Armenian genocide. I guess the upside is that he killed everyone that wanted to get rid of the democratic elections in addition to a bunch of innocent random racial minorities...
Thought I'd misclicked for a second and ended up in the Historical Fun Facts thread.

...you should post about this in the Historical Fun Facts thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

...AND this is a great time to add that I checked out Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous' beta (the alpha was already so much fun that I decided to just wait for the full release after finishing it), and just BRIEFLY GLANCING through all the newly-added classes/subclasses took me 30 minutes (just those added since the alpha mind you, not even taking into account those added since Pathfinder: Kingmaker). I absolutely love how completely berserk Owlcat Games is in giving you too many choices, but I have no idea how anyone unfamiliar with table-top gaming could possibly work up an interest in cracking the code here. It is the first game to remind me of Knights of Legend since ... Knights of Legend. "Hmm, which of these four subclasses of flying bird-man is ideal for a party focusing on maneuverable light-armor favoring scimitars and storm magic?"

The 5-6 archetypes per class? It's 90% flavor and RP feeling.

Probably the biggest detriment to the way it's set up is that the sheer volume of choice makes it seem like starting the game with a character without copious planing will completely gently caress you up. It definitely put me off of the game for at least a year.

Honest truth is almost every single pure class, with reasonable, synergy feat/power picks, should be more then capable of beating the game on normal. Knowing certain feat trees, like taking the feat path to cornugan smasher, is the hitch, but even that is more of a powergamer thing.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Some stuff on Days Gone that's not on the wiki at present:

- Any bullet to the head for any enemy, no matter how lovely the gun is, is enough to take them down provided that they're not a big Freaker or a human wearing a helmet, regardless of difficulty. Actually hitting the head is another thing, but it's something to keep in mind.

- If you've already fired a shot and/or killed someone at an ambush/marauder camp or a location with a bunch of humans with guns, keep in mind that any lures like the rock will cause them to take cover relative to where they heard the noise. You can use this to your advantage if done correctly.

- Believe it or not, but an Attractor can peel away some Freakers from a Horde away from you even if they've already spotted you.

- Beaning someone with a grenade or pipe bomb will make it more likely that it will do the job because if they spot it, they will try to move out of the way before it goes off. Freakers are generally too stupid to know what an explosive is before, during, and (if they survive) after it happens, so feel free to chuck it at their feet if you want.

- If a fast enemy is trying to get you but you are on your bike, you can totally just ram into them with enough speed and you'll usually be fine.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Yakuza_3

I believe permanently missable substories are wrong. You can do them in premium adventure mode (free play) after you've beaten the game.

Here's some posts from 2011, so it was like this even before Remaster: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/91544-missable-trophies/

I think "NG+ turns off random battles and lets you finish any sidequests you might have missed" might be wrong as well. It seems to describe premium adventure (NG+ resets story and substory (sidequest) progress) and turning off random battles requires you to collect every locker key.

I guess there could be something like: "It's possible to miss certain substories, but they can be finished in premium adventure mode after you've beaten the game"

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 24, 2021

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dr. Quarex posted:

First off, thanks for that post overall; I started working 80-hour weeks when about half-way into Cyberpunk 2077 so now I can get back to it with some more tips!

Second off though, are the double jump legs verified to be better than the high jump legs? I kept reloading and testing them against each other and I swore I got higher with the high jump legs overall. Might be personal preference, honestly, not sure.

Third off, why are the boxing side missions the hardest part of the game

I realize it is surely to reward people who actually went the unarmed route, but man, it was so confusing getting absolutely destroyed by a couple of punches when under normal game circumstances I can shrug off bullets.

Sorry this is a bit back and I only noticed it now,

I like the double jump ones because 1) they allow you get yourself back to safety with the second jump if you miscalculated and 2) I found it easer to chain movements together

The boxing is tough because I'd guess most people build gun characters or hacker characters. If you dumped all your stats into body spent the game punching its probably easy.

A tip for the main event is covering up helps a lot. The guy has one long dangerous combo that only gets really dangerous towards the end and if you cover up in time you can weather it and regain health by punching if you took those perks.

A slightly more unethical tip that for all I know they might have fixed is you can just drop a gun on the ground before the fight starts, start the fight pick it up and just start blasting. The game won't let you pull from inventory during the fight but that option to wield a weapon you are hovering over will be there if there is a gun on the floor. Game only sees that the other guy's health is going down. They might have fixed it though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

WaltherFeng posted:

In Star Trek DS9 both Dukat and Damar pull this off, sorta.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

chairface posted:

In Star Trek DS9 both Dukat and Damar pull this off, sorta.

Dukat is never couped, he gets replaced by Damar after being captured by the federation, and stops wanting to be ruler of Cardassia.

Damar resigns as ruler by forming the resistance, then dies before having the chance to take the throne (or the Cardassian equivalent)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Maneater? Is it preferrable to play it on controller or KB/M?

Controller

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Any tips for making a good balanced party for Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut?

(I am worried i will be going with some not min-maxed party theme i find fun and then just run off a cliff with some useless archetypes)

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 27, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

OutofSight posted:

Any tips for making a good balanced party for Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut?

(I am worried i will be going with some not min-maxed party theme i find fun and then just run off a cliff with some useless archetypes)

I used example party 1 from this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280383300
e. no it was "slow but skilled" party from their DC guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535722234

I don't remember having any trouble, although the final battle was somewhat tough.

Notes:
-One guy is useless in combat, which was kind of annoying, but thanks to him, I was able to eventually get max score on all but maybe 2-3 skills (not something you really need to beat the game).
-It's been many years, but IIRC the melee guy wasn't very useful either. Another dude with a gun might be a better idea

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 27, 2021

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
There are character creation tips on the wiki page as well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Any tips for Atomicrops? Played a runthrough of it off Xbox Game Pass and not sure where I should be focusing during the day.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Any tips for Atomicrops? Played a runthrough of it off Xbox Game Pass and not sure where I should be focusing during the day.

Some of this may be inaccurate cause I haven't played in a minute and I think an expansion came out?

-Early game Daytime, focus on roaming the spaces to the left and right and picking up as many berry bushes as you can while clearing camps. The desert area is my preferred starting zone, because the enemies are pretty easy, and the seeds they drop require very little (to no) watering, which makes it easier to spend more time getting upgrades later.
-Buy a gun with the money you made as soon as possible. This will let you roll through the biomes and get more upgrades and seeds.
-Prickly Pears (found in the desert biome) are good early game seeds, they don't need much (any?) water, you can just leave them alone while you roam.
-Animals are good as hell, usually worth the risk of clearing a larger camp, even with the pea shooter.
-You can shoot, farm, till, weed, water, and I think fertilize? all at the same time. Make use of this!
-The game is pretty generous with upgrades, esp if you focus on clearing camps and building bridges. Lots of viable builds.
-On your third day, you'll fight a boss. Make sure you have enough money to get a reasonably upgraded gun for this.
-Some weapons are so good they're practically broken (Upgraded Siracha, Assault Rifle, SMG, upgraded squirrel), some are so bad they're basically worthless (Butcher's Knife, most of the shotguns, the grenade launcher, sniper)
-Tractors should be picked based on how they compliment your build, but the woodchipper tends to be a good choice regardless.
-Progression between runs is possible, but you have to track down the Ant Historian first, they're usually in one of the higher tier biomes.
-If you see a hole in the ground while going through a biome, that'll send you back to your farm, then back to the biome again, but it collapses and disappears after that. Someone correct me here but I'm p sure it'll stay for one day after you use it, then it vanishs.
-Crops can be merged by planting them in a 2x2 grid, then fully fertilizing each of them. You can do this last step at any point, even when they're ready to be picked.
-Pickaxes are rare. try to be smart about how you use them. Maximize the 2x2 spots you have, for trees and merged crops.
-Sometimes, the game will try to force you to teleport somewhere. This usually happens at the end of the day when a helicopter comes to get you, and during a boss fight, where the boss teleports you. You can actually flee from both of these for a short amount of time. This can sometimes help you get that last camp cleared, or grab one or two extra crops.
-You are scored by season, not by day. Getting a high season score is great cause you get an absolutely absurd amount of goodies AND the persistent currency you use to buy upgrades from the ant.

Generally speaking, during the day you want to start by clearing weeds, planting some stuff, then running off and spending as much time as you feel comfortable in one of the biomes clearing camps and getting upgrades. Try to make it back before the night phase, but early game (especially like, day one) it's not super important, cause your crops are likely worth less than the upgrades and other stuff you pick up. When you get back, water, fertilize, then pick up all your remaining crops, and try to plant some stuff while dodging bullets.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Anything for Age of Wonders: Planetfall? The wiki is super light.

Reposting this just in case anybody has anything

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Reposting this just in case anybody has anything

I'm not an expert, but I've been playing it a bunch lately so here's some stuff I've picked up (and added to the page for Age of Wonders: Planetfall)

quote:

==Adventure Map & City Management==

* If you're not sure which central building to start with, +15 food is always a safe option as it lets you pick up more sectors faster, and +10 research can help speed up early game techs too.

* Don't neglect your military, as the AI can field sizeable armies. This also goes for the "Military Infrastructure" buildings as they provide free guards for colonies which otherwise start as easy prey for wandering marauders.

* It's generally a good idea to specialize cities on two types of resources, and manual assignment of colonists to focus on what the city is good at can get you more bang for your buck once you've gotten used to the system. Check the city's surrounding sectors to see what kind of exploitation they're best suited for, and avoid creating low-level sectors.

* You can share food from one colony to the others (or sell excess food), but you have to manually set both the sharing and receiving colonies from the cities' Colonist Management menus. 40% of shared food is wasted by default, though this can be reduced with one of the food sector upgrades.

* Cosmite is the most precious resource, and securing Cosmite-producing sectors with Forward Bases ahead of time can be worth it if there's competition nearby.

* Having two or more scout units (auto-) exploring the map will always pay off as there are a lot of free pickups scattered around the map, including many floating in water.

* Right-clicking when you have individual units selected in a stack reverses the selection to all but those units.

* If you have a fast/floating/flying unit in your army, you can sometimes save some movement points on the adventure map by only selecting them individually to attack a neighboring enemy army. This still brings your full army into the fight, but only that unit will move to the hex they occupied afterwards. Just don't do this if they're guarding an "All units gain a level up" pickup.

==Combat & Army Management==

* Right-clicking during an action animation speeds it up. This also works with adventure map movement.

* Use cover whenever possible and avoid getting flanked (which can also happen through cover). Using beneficial abilities on friendly units turns the user towards their target as well, which can lead to unnecessary flanking if you're not careful with positioning.

* In most circumstances it's best to avoid stacking up units in combat as there are many area damage effects. The AI doesn't pay much attention to this, so look for opportunities to punish them for it.

* You can preview enemies' potential hit chances and damage by clicking them/their abilities and then hovering on one of your own units. This only works if their potential targets are within the attack range of their current position though.

* Staggering enemies is always desirable, especially if they're melee or have powerful Full Action abilities they can't use without full Action Points. Conversely, Stagger Resistance is one of the most useful traits to pick up on heroes. Blinding is another desirable effect to inflict on enemies as it cripples their accuracy.

* Note the difference between "Full Action" and "Full Action (Continue)" abilities, both require full AP to activate but the latter also leaves one to use afterwards.

* Try to keep your main fighting units modded with the best modifications you have. Low-level units with strong mods can punch far above their weight.

* Physical damage tends to be a desirable damage type as few creatures resist it specifically, and physical firearms have some of the strongest modifications in the game, though their availability varies depending on your race and secret tech.

* At level 8, all heroes can learn "Modular Extension" that lets them equip an additional mod. It costs 8 skill points and heroes get 5 per level, so it can be worth saving at least three points ahead of time to be able to pick it up right away.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 29, 2021

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

This was helpful, thank you! Maxing out the seasons is a lot easier when you can do the 2x2 crops. And shotguns really suck.

Hirotishi
Apr 12, 2004

Kanfy posted:

I'm not an expert, but I've been playing it a bunch lately so here's some stuff I've picked up (and added to the page for Age of Wonders: Planetfall)

This is great stuff--I'll just emphasize that military power is very important early on, since capturing sites and picking up resources requires you to be able to win fights.

You get a second hero very early on (turn 5, maybe?) and giving them their own army of units is a lot more valuable than shoving them into your existing stack, since you can do twice the exploring and exploiting.

It's going to feel correct to focus on infrastructure early, since this is an empire-building game, but getting two or three units right away is often the right move.

On the same note, keep an eye on the favor and influence you get from NPC quests--its easy to miss when you've accumulated enough to get a free unit or two from your allied race, since it's not a resource system you interact with otherwise.

This game is absolutely great, thanks for reminding me to reinstall and get back into it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just bought Ys Lacrimosa of Dana and the last Ys game I've played are 3 and 7.

Anything I should know besides "Adol go fast vroommmm"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As long as you always check the board for new quests and complete them before the next story section that's pretty much it. Try to hit all of the marks on the map if you can but there will be some fairly obvious "I can't get there yet" so don't worry too much if you can't clear out everything at various points.

Only thing that really comes to mind otherwise is that there is one gift that requires going back to a boss fight towards the end of the game (the giant kraken monster that wrecked your ship to get the Ship Nameplate) that isn't super obvious. I don't think it's technically missable but you could also then easily finish the game without getting it if you didn't know to look for it.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Anything in particular for Cruelty Squad or should I just experience it totally fresh?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bishop Beo posted:

Anything in particular for Cruelty Squad or should I just experience it totally fresh?

Go in fresh, there's nothing at all permanently missable and you can't really screw yourself over.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Any hints for ReCore?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
I got Bomber Crew a while ago and just got around to playing it, and is it supposed to be insanely hard? I'm having guys die on literally the first non-tutorial level. I do the main target then my navigator keeps sending me to random places all over the map that are not returning to base. I thought this was supposed to be like FTL and FTL can be challenging, but this seems absolutely merciless. I must be doing something wrong. It's the first couple levels!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Here's a real hot one for the current PC version of Final Fantasy 9:
the turbo mode (default key F1), speeds up the animation and move speed but not the timer in Chocobo Hot and Cold. This makes the minigame slightly less aggravating.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Horizon Zero Dawn

- Merchants in Meridian sell an unlimited fast travel item
- You have to buy any version of a new weapon to unlock it's upgrade tree (not 100% sure on this)
- Freeze effects cause 3x damage even to armored enemies

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

gohuskies posted:

I got Bomber Crew a while ago and just got around to playing it, and is it supposed to be insanely hard? I'm having guys die on literally the first non-tutorial level. I do the main target then my navigator keeps sending me to random places all over the map that are not returning to base. I thought this was supposed to be like FTL and FTL can be challenging, but this seems absolutely merciless. I must be doing something wrong. It's the first couple levels!

Missions will typically have two targets, the primary mission target (usually whatever payload your bomber has, like bombing bases or dropping supplies), and then afterwards you get recon photo missions. The latter are optional, they give you a lot of useful cash but they aren't required. It's been a while since I played but I believe you should be receiving both navigation markers and recon markers separately, but if for some reason you aren't you can always go into the navigation screen and use the map to manually draw navigation markers back across the channel to head back to base.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Here's a real hot one for the current PC version of Final Fantasy 9:
the turbo mode (default key F1), speeds up the animation and move speed but not the timer in Chocobo Hot and Cold. This makes the minigame slightly less aggravating.
The real hot one is learning that the PC version of FF9 has a turbo button.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

gohuskies posted:

After the primary objective you should get a navigation beacon to head back home. Make sure you keep reacquiring the beacon with the mouse aim function because early on your navigator will only get you in approximately the right direction each time.

It is very easy to get overwhelmed early on. Your crew is awful, your gear is awful, you have minimal tricks, and you're still learning how to juggle crew assignments, fighter coverage, navigation, and the actual bombing. You will lose tail gunners early and often until you can uparmor it and get better guns. If other crew are dying on the regular then something is wrong. That said, the game death spirals real hard and once one crew goes down the next is likely to follow. And will probably be carrying your plane's medkit. Pack spares.

Oh, and crew doing wing repairs aren't strapped on or anything so don't do emergency manuevers while someone is working out there.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

gohuskies posted:

It asks you to do what feels like keeping one too many plates spinning until you develop a muscle memory for it. If you like FTL it is probably worth sticking around until it starts clicking, and don’t feel any shame using alt-F4 to avoid losing progress.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008
Got to thinking about it, some tips to reduce the overwhelmingness to a new Bomber Crew player:

1) Use hotkeys. Numbers select crew members, R tells gunners to reload, and you can hold shift to go to internal view temporarily. Other keys that you will use less often are F to tell someone to go to bed, and P to promote them to emergency pilot.

2) High altitude is your breather. Fighters can't follow you. You can't stay up there forever, but you can take a second to breathe, and tell your top and bottom gunners to reload (tail could probably reload as well, but nose won't have enough time until you get better O2 bottles, or if you had already carried an ammo pack up there)

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Some tips for Boyfriend Dungeon:

- You can fill the relationship meter with every character in a single playthrough. Polyamory is encouraged.
- If you don't wish to pursue a romantic relationship with a weapon, you're still able to max out the relationship meter as friends.
- Reaching the maximum relationship level with one weapon will grant you a 2x boost to all experience with the others.
- Once you've reached the maximum relationship level with one weapon the relationship experience gained with others overflows so you can grind out multiple levels in a single dungeon run.
- Crafted gifts can only be used once, however some purchased gifts can be re-bought and used again.
- Matching gifts to a weapons personality grants extra experience.
- Some characters won't continue texting until you've read their most recent message.

- The "point of no return" is clearly delineated.
- There are no missable collectables.
- Hats can grant bonuses (i.e. carry extra healing items, always see the exit on the map, ect.) but clothes are only ever cosmetic.
- You can leave the dungeon without dying using the elevator found at the start of some floors.
- There are secret areas in the dungeons. Watch for cracks in the walls that leak blue light, they can be destroyed with a few hits.
- Keep an eye on the mansion in the northeast of the city map. An event will appear with no notification so it's easy to overlook.

Queer Salutations fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 17, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Lone Badger posted:

Any hints for ReCore?

Wish I could help but I literally got stuck at one point with seemingly nowhere to go. So my advice is, don't do that.

ducttape posted:

Got to thinking about it, some tips to reduce the overwhelmingness to a new Bomber Crew player:

1) Use hotkeys. Numbers select crew members, R tells gunners to reload, and you can hold shift to go to internal view temporarily. Other keys that you will use less often are F to tell someone to go to bed, and P to promote them to emergency pilot.

2) High altitude is your breather. Fighters can't follow you. You can't stay up there forever, but you can take a second to breathe, and tell your top and bottom gunners to reload (tail could probably reload as well, but nose won't have enough time until you get better O2 bottles, or if you had already carried an ammo pack up there)

I posted that game in the New Games thread but didn't actually realize it was any good. I'm definitely gonna try it out from what's being said here, sounds pretty interesting.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Queer Salutations posted:

Some tips for Boyfriend Dungeon:
- Reaching the maximum relationship level with one weapon will grant you a 2x boost to all experience with the others.
- Once you've reached the maximum relationship level with one weapon the relationship experience gained with others overflows so you can grind out multiple levels in a single dungeon run.

- Once you hit level 6 with a weapon and start getting the ability to stack multiple levels worth of experience, you can USUALLY do multiple dates right after one another, but if they stop texting even though you've got their love meter filled out hop into the dunj and they'll text once you're out
- Don't feel like you NEED to give a present every chance you get - there's usually a chance to give a gift on every dunj floor, and you might not want to give something to someone if it would suit someone else better
- There's a content warning at the top of the game warning you that the game contains discussion of stalking and abuse. This is core to the story, so be wary of that before you jump in. some people decided that wasn't talking about them and ended up having a bad time when it turned out it very much was for them.
- I ran into a bug???? I think???? where on my PS4 Controller I couldn't heal? if that happens to you I'd rebind it on the main menu to d-pad down or something probably. The xbox gamepass version on PC just can't see L1/L2? it was very confusing to me

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone have anything for Tainted Grail Conquest? Kinda dig the gameplay but it feels like I'm doing something very wrong and every run I run into some bullshit that tanks it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ducttape posted:

Adding on

- Mark your enemies right away. It's a pain to do so once they get into range and start weaving around you, better when they are clustered on approach.
- I'm not sure if this is controversial, but you might as well game wipe if the plane goes down, so saving money and space on survival gear and parachutes is fine.
- Make sure you have at least a couple medkits and fire extinguishers on board, preferably at least one on the fore and aft sides of the plane.
- Pilot is the only one that absolutely must stay in his seat. Navigator and radio are important but can be sent for repair jobs. Mechanic can run all around the place, as can the gunners of course.
- The auto ammo feed guns are typically one damage level below the manual feed guns. As a result it can be helpful to put an auto in the fore and aft and manuals on the top and bottom, since the ammo supply is right outside of them and don't require walking.
- Speccing your gunners into first aid or mechanics is a good idea for their second class choice.
- Once your mechanic unlocks "Lean" fuel consumption then fuel falls way down the upgrade priority list.
- The game will absolutely let you use the emergency dive at an altitude that will put you in the ground, don't trust it blindly.
- Run recon photos if you can, you can't grind missions and the photos are worth a lot of money.
- you can land your plane with no landing gear so that it explodes on the runway and it will still count.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 17, 2021

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Anything about Prey (and the DLC) I should know that's not on the wiki? I've finally got both the time and the mindset to properly enjoy this game.

Also, is it supposed to be hard? I'm playing on normal difficulty expecting a pleasant challenge but not too bad and I'm about an hour in but it's already pretty tough. I'm in the Hardware Labs and the flying bots aren't too much of a hassle, but those walking mimics are scary. Even though I cover them in goo almost instantly they often manage to get a hit or two in which is enough to take away most of my health. I feel like I'm using one or two medpacks after every fight which doesn't feel sustainable because, you know, I'm out of healthpacks already after facing only two of them.

Could also be I'm just bad after not having played a proper FPS in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
prey is crushingly hard until you get the blueprints for and enough materials to craft functionally infinite amounts of shotgun ammo. right now, you're at the point in the game where ammo is scarce and small but dangerous enemies are plentiful. so, do your best to find the blueprints for pistol ammo for now, because that'll keep you alive at least, and scour the station for shotgun ammo blueprints.

once you have 100,000 shotgun bullets you can kill anything without taking any damage