Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/tarapalmeri/status/867691771299586048

I wonder when this will stop being funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've been mentally replacing 'election victory' with 'dilz' in these stories for weeks and it's been a good source of whole grain lols

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/OpinionOnion7/status/867690336600039425

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

And on that day, one red balloon floats off into the distance as a lone reveller salutes, lets out a single tear, and eats a burnt steak out of a trashcan bbq.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

lol Should be Piss on a Republican day

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Lol my first visit to the US ever will be in Washington D.C. on the birthday of Dr. Donold Jareem Trumf, President.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Honj Steak posted:

Lol my first visit to the US ever will be in Washington D.C. on the birthday of Dr. Donold Jareem Trumf, President.

He'll probably be in Florida golfing though.

Also I hope you have a nice visit.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Honj Steak posted:

If you see him, give him a dildo and tell him to go gently caress himself.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Personal life

Gianforte is a believer in Young Earth creationism, the belief that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. He donated $1.5 million to the Glendive Dinosaur and Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, a creationist museum which teaches visitors that evolution is false, the Earth is about 6,000-6,400 years old, that dinosaurs were on the Ark and that they likely died out 4,300 years ago during the flood described in the Book of Genesis.[92][93][94][95][96][97]

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
the trump block party would just be hipsters going ironically

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
What I genuinely want to know about people like Gianforte: what do they think when they hear a news story that remains of things (human remains, a wheel) were found from 20,000 years ago and more? I know I know fake news lol but seriously, what do they do to convince themselves after hearing that?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

do u know jenny posted:

What I genuinely want to know about people like Gianforte: what do they think when they hear a news story that remains of things (human remains, a wheel) were found from 20,000 years ago and more? I know I know fake news lol but seriously, what do they do to convince themselves after hearing that?

god put it there to test their faith

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

do u know jenny posted:

They believe the entire science behind determining the age of objects is false/ a conspiracy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

do u know jenny posted:

A) The scientists are operating from the flawed premise that the Earth is older than it is and therefore all the information and data they've gathered is wrong.

B) good put those bones there as a test if faith.

C) *sends "fwd:fwd:fwd: Cigarette Lighter Found in Rock!" Gets all smug and asks how your fancy egghead scientists explain THAT*

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
President Donald Trump may find himself with some explaining to do during his visit to the European Union's de facto capital on Thursday — a place he called a "hellhole" just last year.

While Belgium may be smaller than Maryland and have a population of a little over 11 million, its capital is home to the headquarters of both NATO and the EU. Trump has been a vocal critic of both institutions.

"One thing is for sure, nobody is waiting for President Trump," said Lawrence Kerknawi, a political consultant who was taking a break from work before the 1,000-strong White House entourage arrived on Wednesday. "People are not excited that he is coming."

As Trump touched down on Belgian soil, 9,000 demonstrators took to the streets to protest his trip.

The message was clear. "Get the hell out of our hole," one placard read. Another stated: "Mr. Trump, you are not welcome."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/trumps-first-foreign-trip/trump-visits-hellhole-brussels-where-locals-haven-t-forgiven-or-n764396

lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

do u know jenny posted:

It's like that bit on Always Sunny where Mac tries to convince the gang that evolution is a lie because of all the stupid science bitches

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

It's like that bit on Always Sunny where Mac tries to convince the gang that evolution is a lie because of all the stupid science bitches

"How do the scientists know? Where they there?"

- Don Trump, doctore lawris

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Plavski posted:

god put it there to test their faith

I always like this excuse because it means God is a lying rear end in a top hat who intentionally created a universe that looks exactly like it's billions of years old just to hurt people. Pointing out this flaw inevitably leads to "then the devil did it" excuse which is it's own bundle of theological insanity.

What I'm saying is young earth creationists may not have the firmest grip on even their own religion.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I always like this excuse because it means God is a lying rear end in a top hat who intentionally created a universe that looks exactly like it's billions of years old just to hurt people. Pointing out this flaw inevitably leads to "then the devil did it" excuse which is it's own bundle of theological insanity.

What I'm saying is young earth creationists may not have the firmest grip on even their own religion.

suffice to say, their god is not one you'd want to spend any time with. their god is a dick

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

do u know jenny posted:

Personal life

Gianforte is a believer in Young Earth creationism, the belief that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. He donated $1.5 million to the Glendive Dinosaur and Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, a creationist museum which teaches visitors that evolution is false, the Earth is about 6,000-6,400 years old, that dinosaurs were on the Ark and that they likely died out 4,300 years ago during the flood described in the Book of Genesis.[92][93][94][95][96][97]

The dumb thing about creationism, especially this sort, is that it removes all mystery of God and the universe. What's more awe-inspiring: looking at everything in our world as something that took billions and billions of years of evolution or just "it happened in a week"? The really stupid part is that a lot of Genesis does have some science stuff put in very basic, poetic terms. In ways that people could understand 3000+ years ago. Even the most learned people of the time only understood a fraction of a fraction of what we know now.

(Besides, this literalism is idiotic considering the same people think Jesus drank grape juice and disregard most of his teachings in favor of relatively obscure Old Testament stuff)

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
trump got the jesus vote and the pope hates him lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Plavski posted:

suffice to say, their god is not one you'd want to spend any time with. their god is a dick

People do see themselves reflected in their vision of the divine.

Egbert Souse posted:

What's more awe-inspiring: looking at everything in our world as something that took billions and billions of years of evolution or just "it happened in a week"?

Serious answer: a week. I can understand how complexity can arise out of simple structures given a long enough time frame, but squeezing that into seven days is really impressive.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 25, 2017

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008

do u know jenny posted:

Liberty University teaches that carbon dating is fake.
Anecdotal, but my source is a grad of Liberty U.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

People do see themselves reflected in their vision of the divine.

Serious answer: a week. I can understand how complexity can arise out of simple structures given a long enough time frame, but squeezing that into seven days is really impressive.

It lacks imagination. Would it be more impressive for a child to grow to adulthood in the matter of a week or gradually over two decades? There's no wonder involved and purely utilitarian.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

The dumb thing about creationism, especially this sort, is that it removes all mystery of God and the universe. What's more awe-inspiring: looking at everything in our world as something that took billions and billions of years of evolution or just "it happened in a week"?

They don't want to be awe-inspired, they want to believe they are special and important which is at odds with an Earth so old not only are they insignificant but so is the whole of human history.

Geocentrists also exist. They don't feel special enough unless they are literally the centre of the universe.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

It lacks imagination. Would it be more impressive for a child to grow to adulthood in the matter of a week or gradually over two decades? There's no wonder involved and purely utilitarian.

Anybody can grow to adulthood over two decades. It takes progeria to do it in a week.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The Other Doctor

It was nearing 9AM, the dreaded hour. Doctor Lewis didn't mind mornings, as some others did. He kept a steady sleep schedule and getting out of bed was never more than a mild effort. He would shower, have a light breakfast, dress and go to the office to review charts in his office before his scheduled hours began. But that was before, and now...

"Hey Doc, am I still fine?" Donald Trump had appeared at his door, smiling, as he did every morning.
"Donald, Alzheimers is a slow and progressive disease and the decline in cognitive function varies from patient to patient. Just because you..." but it was pointless, Donald had already turned and left, chuckling to himself.

Six months had passed since Dr. Lewis had given him the diagnosis. The symptoms had been present in his early 60s: memory loss, language problems, unpredictable swings and behavior. This was a serious disease and he took great care in presenting it to Donald as gently as possible. Donald didn't show any signs of disturbance, he was just quiet for a short period, thinking, before he leaned in and softly spoke, "Wrong." He got up and left without saying another word. Later that day Dr. Lewis received a call from one of Donald's assistants asking for a medical records transfer and notification that he would be changing his PCP. He thought that would be the last he saw of him, but was surprised when Donald stopped by his office early the next morning.

"Hey Doc, am I still fine? lol"

And then again the day after that.

"How's your day going? My day is going just fine."

Dr. Lewis found this strange but ultimately harmless. If anything, as long as Donald kept showing up it was a sign that he could still function in his daily life. But, bit by bit, more signs of decline began to appear.

"Feelin' fine today? Trump still is, heh."
"Donald, you're missing a shoe and wearing the same clothes I saw you in yesterday. Did you go home last night?"

But it was too late, Donald had shuffled off back into the reception area and was making his way to the exit. He wouldn't be seen again until the next morning. A few times the cleaning crew had been interrupted by Donald showing up at 9PM, mistaking the time of day, asking if the doctor was taking a holiday. They were never startled by these visits, Donald was actually very friendly and warm. "What a great job you're doing," he would say while watching from the doorway, "Just tremendous. So great to be here with all my friends. A lot of people don't know it, but hispanics are some of the most hard-working people in this country. No 'siesta' on the job, 'si'?" He shook hands with everyone who came within his reach. Some of the staff said he had a strong ammonia smell.

Another morning. "Did the Alzhiemers get me yet?" He asked, grinning like a little dog. He turned and left without waiting for an answer. "Whoops, I got away," his voice faded as he walked. The doctor heard the sound of a door opening and the clatter of a broom and other cleaning supplies falling to the floor as Donald mistook the janitor's closet for the exit again. "Whoops"

Dr. Lewis sighed and continued reviewing charts, what else could he do?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Knight posted:

The Other Doctor

It was nearing 9AM, the dreaded hour. Doctor Lewis didn't mind mornings, as some others did. He kept a steady sleep schedule and getting out of bed was never more than a mild effort. He would shower, have a light breakfast, dress and go to the office to review charts in his office before his scheduled hours began. But that was before, and now...

"Hey Doc, am I still fine?" Donald Trump had appeared at his door, smiling, as he did every morning.
"Donald, Alzheimers is a slow and progressive disease and the decline in cognitive function varies from patient to patient. Just because you..." but it was pointless, Donald had already turned and left, chuckling to himself.

Six months had passed since Dr. Lewis had given him the diagnosis. The symptoms had been present in his early 60s: memory loss, language problems, unpredictable swings and behavior. This was a serious disease and he took great care in presenting it to Donald as gently as possible. Donald didn't show any signs of disturbance, he was just quiet for a short period, thinking, before he leaned in and softly spoke, "Wrong." He got up and left without saying another word. Later that day Dr. Lewis received a call from one of Donald's assistants asking for a medical records transfer and notification that he would be changing his PCP. He thought that would be the last he saw of him, but was surprised when Donald stopped by his office early the next morning.

"Hey Doc, am I still fine? lol"

And then again the day after that.

"How's your day going? My day is going just fine."

Dr. Lewis found this strange but ultimately harmless. If anything, as long as Donald kept showing up it was a sign that he could still function in his daily life. But, bit by bit, more signs of decline began to appear.

"Feelin' fine today? Trump still is, heh."
"Donald, you're missing a shoe and wearing the same clothes I saw you in yesterday. Did you go home last night?"

But it was too late, Donald had shuffled off back into the reception area and was making his way to the exit. He wouldn't be seen again until the next morning. A few times the cleaning crew had been interrupted by Donald showing up at 9PM, mistaking the time of day, asking if the doctor was taking a holiday. They were never startled by these visits, Donald was actually very friendly and warm. "What a great job you're doing," he would say while watching from the doorway, "Just tremendous. So great to be here with all my friends. A lot of people don't know it, but hispanics are some of the most hard-working people in this country. No 'siesta' on the job, 'si'?" He shook hands with everyone who came within his reach. Some of the staff said he had a strong ammonia smell.

Another morning. "Did the Alzhiemers get me yet?" He asked, grinning like a little dog. He turned and left without waiting for an answer. "Whoops, I got away," his voice faded as he walked. The doctor heard the sound of a door opening and the clatter of a broom and other cleaning supplies falling to the floor as Donald mistook the janitor's closet for the exit again. "Whoops"

Dr. Lewis sighed and continued reviewing charts, what else could he do?

LMAO, is this real?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
So what is the resident brain surgeon in the cabinet up to? On the front page of "The Guardian"

"Ben Carson/ Poverty Is 'a state of mind', says department head tasked with helping poor"

Will yourself into higher wages assholes.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I don't know if it's good or bad that we're hearing practically nothing about the rest of Trump's cabinet besides Sessions playing Judge Dredd and the usual Spicy/Conway garbage.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

my new dog posted:

trump got the jesus vote and the pope hates him lol

Most Christians in the US hate Catholics, hth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

I don't know if it's good or bad that we're hearing practically nothing about the rest of Trump's cabinet besides Sessions playing Judge Dredd and the usual Spicy/Conway garbage.

None of the other positions have been filled yet

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

oh we still here from DeVos from time to time. she's happily gutting futures for kids across the land!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Blue Train posted:

None of the other positions have been filled yet

Draining the swamp through incompetence. Should we give credit to the blind pig who accidently found a lol?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

BIG BOI IS IN TOWN!

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/867758571882258432

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:hmbol:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Oh boy thassa big lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's not a shove but it is a lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R9PXBz-yk8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

They're still quietly plugging away to destroy the federal government, it's just that the steps they're taking don't grab headlines. Yesterday the head of federal student aid quit effective immediately due to a conflict with DeVos. I had been hoping that I could get one more year of aid before they managed to destroy the program since there's lots of non-federal money around for people to complete their final year of college, but now I'm not so sure.

That's the opposite of lol, though.