Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Rodyle posted:

"I felt differently."

In an episode full of quotable moments and extensions of the WHMverse, that was by far my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

davidHalestorm posted:

The Hamsterman bit is amazing in the latest WHM mailbag. Holy poo poo, I don't ever cracked up that badly in public before

Looks like this'll be your last time round the holidays, hamster!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
'Ello Mistah Splintah! You're looking well!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Sorry WHM. As cute as you act it only repulses me from Loot Crate even more.

I won't ever buy that random box of literal crap but any time a podcast shills it that makes me even less interested.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I'm trying Blank Check, but I find it really irritating at points. Do they ever stop editing in annoying soundbytes every time they say certain phrases? The "Unbreakable" one was bad, but they've just started playing like two seconds of a song whenever they say "twist" and it's just awful. It's never smoothly edited in, it always just sounds jarring.

I like the show well enough otherwise, I just wish they wouldn't do that.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tracula posted:

Sorry WHM. As cute as you act it only repulses me from Loot Crate even more.

I won't ever buy that random box of literal crap but any time a podcast shills it that makes me even less interested.

I will never not find it hilarious that a company finally found a way to get idiot nerds to pay good money on a subscription basis for boxes of the kind of poo poo that gets given away at trade shows.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

TetsuoTW posted:

I will never not find it hilarious that a company finally found a way to get idiot nerds to pay good money on a subscription basis for boxes of the kind of poo poo that gets given away at trade shows.

It's kind of worst than that. At least stuff from Trade shows would have some kind of collectability to them. It's either go to these shows and snag a free one or pay 200 bucks for them on E-bay.

The stuff you actually do get in loot crate is the stuff Gamestop marks down for clearance in a bin next to the register. Highlights include a Zelda Sweatband, A Spock air freshener, a Marvel Ice Cube tray, Really cheap Game of Thrones magnets, a Harry Potter luggage tag and I think shoe laces at one point but I forget of what exactly. There was cool stuff now and then like a cool looking paracord bracelet, A book on Superheros that never made it past the 50s, and the T-shirts were usually cool. Favs are a Optimums Prime posing for a Tron poster and a Green/White Ranger shirt. Save your money.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
The latest HDTGM about Vampire's Kiss was really good. If anything, it's worth it for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HEbVrKRF8M

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SoupyTwist posted:

The latest HDTGM about Vampire's Kiss was really good. If anything, it's worth it for this

Going to get around to this tomorrow. I can't wait, they haven't done a Cage movie in a while, and I actually think Vampire's Kiss is a really good movie even at the same time being completely bonkers.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Chairman Capone posted:

Going to get around to this tomorrow. I can't wait, they haven't done a Cage movie in a while, and I actually think Vampire's Kiss is a really good movie even at the same time being completely bonkers.

Vampires Kiss is a movie idea I'd love to see David Lynch take on. It would work as a great psychological thriller about someone's decent into delusion and madness.

Although I'm hardly complaining about what we got though. I never ever get tried on batshit crazy Nic Cage and Vampires Kiss might well be him at his craziest.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Does anyone remember what show/episode included the bit about Fred Schneider as Shredder? Pretty sure it was Flop House, but no guarantee it was a Turtles episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

User-Friendly posted:

I'm trying Blank Check, but I find it really irritating at points. Do they ever stop editing in annoying soundbytes every time they say certain phrases? The "Unbreakable" one was bad, but they've just started playing like two seconds of a song whenever they say "twist" and it's just awful. It's never smoothly edited in, it always just sounds jarring.

I like the show well enough otherwise, I just wish they wouldn't do that.

I only started listening to the show around the Wachowshi/Crowe series, and have never heard this once. So yeah, I guess they stop doing it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It's a running gag in the Shyamalan series, but it doesn't continue on the show. By the most recent series though, get ready to skip ahead 2-3 minutes when they introduce Producer Ben.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

BigRed0427 posted:

It's kind of worst than that. At least stuff from Trade shows would have some kind of collectability to them. It's either go to these shows and snag a free one or pay 200 bucks for them on E-bay.

The stuff you actually do get in loot crate is the stuff Gamestop marks down for clearance in a bin next to the register. Highlights include a Zelda Sweatband, A Spock air freshener, a Marvel Ice Cube tray, Really cheap Game of Thrones magnets, a Harry Potter luggage tag and I think shoe laces at one point but I forget of what exactly. There was cool stuff now and then like a cool looking paracord bracelet, A book on Superheros that never made it past the 50s, and the T-shirts were usually cool. Favs are a Optimums Prime posing for a Tron poster and a Green/White Ranger shirt. Save your money.

For real, are they not getting enough money from the Patreon that they have to shill that crap? It embarrasses me.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The best Lootcrate thing was a Hulk or Iron Man hand oven mitt that did not actually protect you from heat and burned dozens of nerds.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The best Lootcrate thing was a Hulk or Iron Man hand oven mitt that did not actually protect you from heat and burned dozens of nerds.

It was an infinity gauntlet, if I remember correctly.

What nerds are cooking anyway? Just get some Taco Bell snak pak boxes(tm) with your BAJA BLAST MTN DEW and be done with it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it was the gauntlet and not only did it not keep you safe, it literally was possible for it to burst into flame, so if anything you would be safer grabbing the hot tray with your bare hand than with an oven mitt that had odds to wrap your hand in flame.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SoupyTwist posted:

"When people see that cockroach go in my mouth, it's like the bus blowing up in Speed...It's like worth 2 million dollars in special effect."

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
For those who haven't listened to the Highlander 2 episode of HDTGM, theres a dude who can't pronounce his R's at 1:20:33. I feel bad for him, I can actually hear the crew trying to concentrate on what he's saying and not be distracted by his speech impediment.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBZ animation damnation wasn't very good. Pokemon was a much better fit for the show.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Croisquessein posted:

For those who haven't listened to the Highlander 2 episode of HDTGM, theres a dude who can't pronounce his R's at 1:20:33. I feel bad for him, I can actually hear the crew trying to concentrate on what he's saying and not be distracted by his speech impediment.

The only episode of HDTGM I've ever listened top was the James Bonding crossover and there was a guy who had the exact same impediment in that Q&A as well

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Man I used to love WHM but something seems to have changed with either their production or my sensibilities. I'm getting burnt out on how often they fall into the same three Trump bits, and they really seem to have stepped up on preemptively making fun of their audience(the "I can already hear those nerds at their keyboards saying Meeh meeh meeh" type stuff). It's just becoming grating. Maybe I need to give them a break for a bit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

theironjef posted:

Man I used to love WHM but something seems to have changed with either their production or my sensibilities. I'm getting burnt out on how often they fall into the same three Trump bits, and they really seem to have stepped up on preemptively making fun of their audience(the "I can already hear those nerds at their keyboards saying Meeh meeh meeh" type stuff). It's just becoming grating. Maybe I need to give them a break for a bit.

I can understand that. We're all coping in Trump's America in our own ways.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

theironjef posted:

"Catch em in bed with a ___________" 300 times per show is starting to wear thin.

They also have ads in the middle of the show now just like HDTGM, but I appreciate there's usually music behind it so you can easily skip hearing about how amazing this month's loot crate is

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theironjef posted:

I don't know what it is but I've dropped off in listening too. I used to download every episode and enjoy it well enough but now I can barely bring myself to listen to the episodes on movies I've seen.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

WHM is still great, the Suicide Squad episode was hilarious. I loved Eric's goof about spotting a crocodile person last time he went to Olive Garden.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I think they're definitely a lot more tense since the election and of course January is a bad month for that since they're talking about recent movies - I think a nice dip in pure '80's would do them well. The Trump and Alex Jones impressions keep bubbling up but it's noticeable how the others quickly shut it down when they're moving towards political territory. And to their credit, "catch them in beeeeed with a ________" is a really funny phrase.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Bee Movie episode was great. The ads are out of control.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
No doubt, the show is still fun even with the recurring bits lately and it makes sense there's some political hangover involved.

I still laugh a lot every time I think about Loose Loomis and his love of Barry Simms from the Curse of Michael Myers episode

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
The hacky Trump impressions/jokes are really grating. I haven't really listened much after the election.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm not jumping off or anything but I think they would benefit from doing a We Love Movies selection soon and maybe a moratorium on the Trump impressions.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
My call in for listener request month was 1986's Tough Guys, so that would be a nice dive into the eighties.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've also stopped listening to WHM as closely as before, and I don't know why. Rather than being excited about a new episode and listening to it the day of, it's somehow gone to my "I'll listen to it when I listen to it" category.

Doesn't help that the ads are so annoying and for something as awful as Lootcrate. They got their Patreon and the ads at the beginning, that wasn't enough? Every time I listen I think about this sign from the Simpsons:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've also stopped listening to WHM as closely as before, and I don't know why. Rather than being excited about a new episode and listening to it the day of, it's somehow gone to my "I'll listen to it when I listen to it" category.

Doesn't help that the ads are so annoying and for something as awful as Lootcrate. They got their Patreon and the ads at the beginning, that wasn't enough? Every time I listen I think about this sign from the Simpsons:

Yeah those ads are tough. I'll sit through the beginning ads because it's at least usually the 3/4 guys riffing while doing the plug, but I can't stand it when shows just do a cut in the middle of conversation to poo poo an ad read in there. All it means is I have to spend the next 15-20 seconds trying to skip far enough ahead to get past the ad but not too far as to miss any yokes.

Kowboat
Mar 3, 2006

Grenouilles Sans Frontieres
I hate hearing Trump's voice, and I'm starting to hate hearing impressions of it too. It's not funny, and if the past few weeks are any indication, it's not going to get any funnier.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the Cheetor impressions

let me have something :smith:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I still like WHM. The Bee movie episode was on point and even I was wery of them doing a Bee movie episode.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BigRed0427 posted:

I still like WHM. The Bee movie episode was on point and even I was wery of them doing a Bee movie episode.

Bee Movie was okay in so far as the last act focused on how bees are really important to the environment and human survival.

Really should have been the focus from square one but then we wouldn't have had a bee and a human woman having an affair.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bee Movie But Every Time They Say Bee It Gets Faster is, as they said, better than actual Bee Movie. It's still garbage, it's just much, much shorter garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

Bee Movie was okay in so far as the last act focused on how bees are really important to the environment and human survival.

Really should have been the focus from square one but then we wouldn't have had a bee and a human woman having an affair.

I'd argue it's biggest flaw was not focusing on the fact that a bee and a real normal human lady were explicitly going to gently caress