Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Febreeze posted:

Its gonna be the Giants I just know it. Eli after a bad year, a whole bunch of personality in the secondary, David Wilson storyline, the chance to catch coughlin in a blow up, cruz

It's gonna happen. Us or maybe the bears. I doubt it'll be the steelers, they aren't interesting right now.

Its going to be whichever team drafts Michael Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

It's gonna happen. Us or maybe the bears. I doubt it'll be the steelers, they aren't interesting right now.

Todd Haley on Hard Knocks has a chance of being the best thing ever, but yeah it probably won't happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Cutler would hate having cameras around so much. I just want him to be constantly flipping off the camera constantly

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.

swickles posted:

Its going to be whichever team drafts Michael Sam.

The Patriots aren't eligible, unfortunately.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dexo posted:

Cutler would hate having cameras around so much. I just want him to be constantly flipping off the camera constantly

Its HBO though, so it will have no effect on them using that footage. Not that it makes a difference to Cutler.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Its gonna be the Giants I just know it. Eli after a bad year, a whole bunch of personality in the secondary, David Wilson storyline, the chance to catch coughlin in a blow up, cruz

I'm pretty sure the most popular NFL franchise is always in the running. Don't count the Steelers out.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders would be fun to watch every starter introduce themselves to each other. They could have an exercise where everyone sits and a circle and they take turns saying a little about themselves. Nice to meet y'all I'm Austin Howard and I am our starting right guard.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Raiders would be fun to watch every starter introduce themselves to each other. They could have an exercise where everyone sits and a circle and they take turns saying a little about themselves. Nice to meet y'all I'm Austin Howard and I am our starting right guard.

Actually the Raiders would probably be pretty good to watch as you would have lots of fringe camp dudes to root for while they just try to stick on the roster. The Raiders GM doesn't seem like the type who would be into that though.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Bears got the most primetime games this year, so maybe it'll be them.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
On one hand, I don't want it be the Raiders because I don't want it forced on them. On the other hand, we currently know very little about the nuRaiders and it would be awesome to get the insight.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Volkerball posted:

Added bonus of watching them figure out where they're going to play next year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Earl Thomas becomes highest paid safety in NFL history. Also gets pulled over by a cop on the way to the press conference. I loving love Earl Thomas

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was doing some data collection on football reference and apparently Peyton Manning's 2013 was the fewest rushing yards in a season for a player (-31 yards) since 1974 and the fewest yards rushing since Mark Clayton's -30 in 2006.

Bust.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I was doing some data collection on football reference and apparently Peyton Manning's 2013 was the fewest rushing yards in a season for a player (-31 yards) since 1974 and the fewest yards rushing since Mark Clayton's -30 in 2006.

Bust.

on the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUVZPwCBidY

edit

lol I found this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbtMFJrFH_s

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

I really want a Sports Science short seeing how quickly Cutler can notice people in a crowd leveling a phone at him and raise a digit at them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I really want a Sports Science short seeing how quickly Cutler can notice people in a crowd leveling a phone at him and raise a digit at them.

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJCSspHDtF0

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Eifert Posting posted:

It would be their most scientific episode yet

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
"If you like the TV show Jay, you should really read the books. Here, I think I've got A Song of Fire and Ice right over here..."

"Uh, thanks coach."

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Still bitter about Gettleman, but I do love some of the things he says.

quote:

Regarding pass-rushers, Gettleman declined to comment on why the team agreed to pay defensive end Greg Hardy $1.3 million of the $13.1 million he's scheduled to make under the franchise tag to attend all of the offseason workouts.

According to a source, this is the first such deal for a player with the franchise tag.

"I wanted him to be close to me,'' Gettleman joked.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants would absolutely never do Hard Knocks. They are the Bill Belichick of sports teams.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

Giants would absolutely never do Hard Knocks. They are the Bill Belichick of sports teams.

Don't have a choice. The NFL/HBO can force teams to do it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

Oh please the maras are one phone call away from whatever they want.

Right cowboys and redskins fans?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

So are the Mccaskey's and Rooney's and it's looking like one of those 3 teams are going to end up on Hard Knocks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

This loving country.

I hope HBO forces the Giants to do it and all they get back is 40 hours of Tom Coughlin gently falling asleep in his chair.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

This loving country.

I hope HBO forces the Giants to do it and all they get back is 40 hours of Tom Coughlin gently falling asleep in his chair.

Tom Coughlin has a rocking chair and a pipe in his office doesn't he. He doesn't even have a chalkboard in there, it's just a mural of the view from his country house.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chilichimp posted:

Tom Coughlin has a rocking chair and a pipe in his office doesn't he. He doesn't even have a chalkboard in there, it's just a mural of the view from his country house.

I've always imagined Coughlin's office to look like Russell Crowe's tent in the Gladiator. Just a cot and a table.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress that colluding shitstain John Mara

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
An hour of Jim Caldwell standing on the field going "nice play" and "that play could have been a little better" and maybe falling asleep while standing up.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Detroit_Dogg posted:

An hour of Jim Caldwell standing on the field going "nice play" and "that play could have been a little better" and maybe falling asleep while standing up.

Don't worry, you'll to see get plenty of that footage between September and December.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rasczak posted:

gently caress that colluding shitstain John Mara

Yeah and gently caress Kate and Rooney Mara too. Please... I volunteer

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

A pox on their entire house! :argh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

They only like old men who will cover them in rose petals. Just fyi.

At least, that's what I hear. I never watched American Beauty and I only made it through 7 episodes of House of Cards.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'd have loved to see Zim in Minnesota or Lovie in Tampa, but da bears would be amaizng too. gently caress the giants though.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

No Butt Stuff posted:

At least, that's what I hear. I never watched American Beauty and I only made it through 7 episodes of House of Cards.

Neither of them were in American Beauty so

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

No Butt Stuff posted:

Do you somehow think Kevin Costner is one or both of the Maras you listed??

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Neither of them were in American Beauty so

huh, wouldn't know. wonder what movie i was thinking of.

SlipUp posted:

No, who was the chick in American Beauty covered in Rose Petals?

I'm just trying to figure out what the sister who isn't in House of Cards was in.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 30, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

SlipUp posted:

Kevin Spacey?

(did I just get wooshed?)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You guys are all senile now, sorry about that

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

It's going to be the Steelers on Hard Knocks and you'll all have to just live with it. Mike Tomlin, Antonio Brown, Ike Taylor, Polamalu, and Will Gay are extremely charismatic, who cares about story-lines. I'd listen to Tomlin reading the phonebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mike, is the offense supposed to move forwards? I noticed that we seem to keep gaining 0 yards.

Look you'll just have to talk to Todd about that. Todd?

gently caress YOU MOTHERFUCKERS loving poo poo DICK gently caress THROW THE loving BALL AWAY gently caress poo poo

• Locked thread