Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Apperently there is some stuff floating around that palmer owns 4chan now or some poo poo. that seems to strike me as going to stupid. the rest of the stuff i can believe more or less. the only part i find dumb is everyone attack the girlfriend because she of her stupid politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the only part i find dumb is everyone attack the girlfriend because she of her stupid politics.

you just did that like 3 posts ago

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what an rear end in a top hat.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
So when Facebook forces him to step down does that mean they were the good guys the whole time? So conflicted!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrBox posted:

So when Facebook forces him to step down does that mean they were the good guys the whole time? So conflicted!

probaly. my guess is this poo poo will go on for weeks. the gaming community hasnt had a big bullshit contravesy in a while.

d0s posted:

you just did that like 3 posts ago

true enough. I dont agree with her. I am just sure she is getting alot worse messages then he is. she will probaly end up being a bigger martyr then he will.(to right wing/pol/ people and probaly others)

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

poor tech millionaire's racist gf :(

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've been having a lot of fun with Unreal Engine. I'm also 12 though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Heran Bago posted:

haha I love it

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

wheres your kickstarter i'm gettin my credit card out

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme

Heran Bago posted:

Did you model the dildos yourself, or grab them from an asset store?

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

d0s posted:

poor tech millionaire's racist gf :(

*billionaire

Also, what the hell.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Did you model the dildos yourself, or grab them from an asset store?

They are pubic domain of course.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

*billionaire

Also, what the hell.

*700 millionaire

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Poetic Justice posted:

*700 millionaire

Ahhhh, yes, forgot that was his take (should donate a bunch more of it to Valve for lending him most of the actual tech to sell Zuck but this thread is probably toxic enough as is).

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Phone posting so no links: Palmer seems to be denying almost all of the DailyBeast accusations - though he does admit funding the group to the tune of $10k - so the debate can now safely switch to discussion of whether or not the allegations are true.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

“I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views,” Luckey said

“Here’s more background: I contributed $10,000 to Nimble America because I thought the organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate with young voters through the use of several billboards. I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.

“I am committed to the principles of fair play and equal treatment. I did not write the “NimbleRichMan” posts, nor did I delete the account. Reports that I am a founder or employee of Nimble America are false. I don’t have any plans to donate beyond what I have already given to Nimble America.

“Still, my actions were my own and do not represent Oculus. I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community.”
The I'm Sorry You Were Offended Meme

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
$10k to the racist meme factory is still pretty poo poo and also really stupid and baffling, so, while the exact magnitude is up in the air he's admitted to enough to justify the reaction he's gotten.

I mean, seriously. Ten thousand dollars to the production of racist memes? What the hell?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

$10k to the racist meme factory is still pretty poo poo and also really stupid and baffling, so, while the exact magnitude is up in the air he's admitted to enough to justify the reaction he's gotten.

I mean, seriously. Ten thousand dollars to the production of racist memes? What the hell?
The organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate White Power to young voters

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
Lol I don't buy it, unless Daily Beast takes down their article and says they lied and get the pants sued off them "sorry not sorry" doesn't really cut it

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Being charitable, the possibility exists that he was misled as to the nature and purpose of the organisation. Remember that 10k to a 700 millionaire is like the price of a sandwich to a normal person, so he wouldn't necessarily have done much due diligence.

I don't particularly believe that interpretation, but it's not completely implausible.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I deeply regret all these things which I claim aren't even true....

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
I am sorry that you are upset that I stabbed you. I am sorry you are such a baby that you started crying just because your blood is leaking out. It truly pains me that you are such a weak loser.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Lemming posted:

Lol I don't buy it, unless Daily Beast takes down their article and says they lied and get the pants sued off them "sorry not sorry" doesn't really cut it

yeah it's obvious he's only admitting to what can be proved at this point, because aren't those donations public? if he's not nimblerichman why would that account be deleted once a story comes out saying it's him. If it's truly not him I sure hope he sues for libel but I predict we'll never hear anything more about this from him. amazingly petulant reply though, holy poo poo

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
meme magic shitposting

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

d0s posted:

amazingly petulant reply though, holy poo poo
Its in the same voice he wrote all the garbage that got him ran off the Oculus reddit too lmao, I don't know how a home schooled 24 year old is so bad at the internet

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Daily Beast writer responds!

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/779506558409510912

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

holy lmao

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

:vince:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Man if only they'd make that kind of superslam on the Cheeto Overlord palmer worships

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The gifts, they keep falling from the sky.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I, for one, am completely blindsided, shocked, and triggered that a man worth 700 million dollars sees the world differently than broke clickbait writers sharing apartments with ten roommates and neon haired indie developers with games nobody ever heard of.

Palmer already sold his company to Facebook, and even if he remains as a token figurehead/advisor role, it's not his anymore. The profit for Oculus stuff goes to Facebook, not Palmer. You're not going to harm Palmer in any way by yanking support for Rift, because he already sold his stake for 700 million dollars. Unless you want to argue that companies shouldn't employ anyone who has political beliefs x,y,z *, this is a dumb rear end reason to yank support from Oculus. Oculus is 100% owned by Facebook. Plus, it's straight the gently caress up illegal to fire a California employee for personal time political activities, so there is literally nothing Facebook/Oculus can legally do to satisfy the always-outraged crowd.

If a dev yanks Rift support, I'm not going to blame Oculus, I'm going to blame that dev for being willing to yank a product I'm looking forward to from a platform I already own for no reason other than "a guy who was involved in the creation of a thing doesn't share my special snowflake political beliefs." That is the thought of a goddamn child.

(* I think there really is a non-negligible number of special snowflakes who really believe you aren't entitled to gainful employment if you don't have the Right Opinions, which sort of invalidates all their other "I am SUCH a good person you guys" posturing bullshit)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
keep in mind that palmer luckey was essentially bankrolling people making nazi pepe memes

thats where we are this election

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bloodysabbath posted:

I, for one, am completely blindsided, shocked, and triggered that a man worth 700 million dollars sees the world differently than broke clickbait writers sharing apartments with ten roommates and neon haired indie developers with games nobody ever heard of.

Palmer already sold his company to Facebook, and even if he remains as a token figurehead/advisor role, it's not his anymore. The profit for Oculus stuff goes to Facebook, not Palmer. You're not going to harm Palmer in any way by yanking support for Rift, because he already sold his stake for 700 million dollars. Unless you want to argue that companies shouldn't employ anyone who has political beliefs x,y,z *, this is a dumb rear end reason to yank support from Oculus. Oculus is 100% owned by Facebook. Plus, it's straight the gently caress up illegal to fire a California employee for personal time political activities, so there is literally nothing Facebook/Oculus can legally do to satisfy the always-outraged crowd.

If a dev yanks Rift support, I'm not going to blame Oculus, I'm going to blame that dev for being willing to yank a product I'm looking forward to from a platform I already own for no reason other than "a guy who was involved in the creation of a thing doesn't share my special snowflake political beliefs." That is the thought of a goddamn child.

(* I think there really is a non-negligible number of special snowflakes who really believe you aren't entitled to gainful employment if you don't have the Right Opinions, which sort of invalidates all their other "I am SUCH a good person you guys" posturing bullshit)

lol nice patty melt

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

bloodysabbath posted:

Those 'special snowflake beleifs' like not being racist and not funding anti-Semitic white supremacists and being against banning all members of a religion of 1.2 billion people from entering the country.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
At this point anyone who is still defending Palmer should be assumed to be pro-racist memes, and therefore racist, because that is what he bankrolled and what everyone is criticizing him for. For example:

bloodysabbath posted:

This person, in addition to being an rear end in a top hat and a hypocrite, is in favor of racist memes, given that they wrote so much in the defense of a person who spent thousands of dollars to have them made.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I like all these people who have never posted in vr thread hot takes on vr man

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HAHAHAHA what a loving idiot

also

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im a special snowflake because i think its bad for the awkward babyman to secretly fund a group making racist memes in support of the racist orange hate golem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just remember this is how the hate group he sponsored described him on their website

The Milo Yiannopoulos Stamp of Approval