Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Lillian was pretty great this episode. The Lexosuit looked pretty baller, too.

Like everyone else, I don't really get what they're going for here with Supergirl and Legends. What's on after Supergirl? Just kick that off and show Legends after if you have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's not like they are doing this for fun. They probably have too many shows and not enough timeslots. The CW also has like 3 shows that were renewed from last year that will premiere in April.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's not like they are doing this for fun. They probably have too many shows and not enough timeslots. The CW also has like 3 shows that were renewed from last year that will premiere in April.

I just hate mid-season gaps goddamnit :mad:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I feel like they could use a throwaway line to explain where Braniac and Saturn Girl keep disappearing to. Say they are seeing the sights or visiting museums or something instead of just not mentioning them at all.

It's really weird that Mon-El just hangs out at the DEO 24/7 but the non recurring cast members that didn't get as many appearances in their contract mysteriously don't exist sometimes.

Brainy and Saturn Girl are working on the ship. That's the easiest answer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's my easy assumption as well. Like, when Mon El and Wynn were doing their gag about future knowledge and not changing the past I said "Wait... why is Mon El still here? Oh, I guess they have to fix the ship?"

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone else getting the feeling that towards the end of the season Lena is going to advocate using Ruby against Reign in some capacity? Ruby is obviously going to get involved with the climax of this season and having Lena flirt more with her Luthor side seems like it has to go somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ruby probably has crazy second generation Worldkiller powers of her own so Reign and Supergirl will have to team up to stop/save her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of interesting that since it isn't the same as Kryptonian powers it seems to turn on and off when she isn't actually Reign. Seeing as Alex was able to draw blood.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of interesting that since it isn't the same as Kryptonian powers it seems to turn on and off when she isn't actually Reign. Seeing as Alex was able to draw blood.

Their search for the third Worldkiller will probably involve looking up medical databases since dealing with the second gives them some clue as to how to find others and so the test result will pop up with Reign's

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
So no one is going to mention that the luthor suit is a 100% carbon copy of MCU Iron Man, even using the same in helmet face camera?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

So no one is going to mention that the luthor suit is a 100% carbon copy of MCU Iron Man, even using the same in helmet face camera?

People said the same thing about the ATOM suit when it debuted. For better or worse, Iron Man has become the trendsetter for stuff like this. Moreover they’ve referenced Marvel stuff repeatedly across the Arrowverse. Cisco and Felicity namedrop Marvel heroes all the time and Winn has worn a Captain America shirt at the DEO once or twice since last year.

So yeah, Lillian Luthor having a full on Iron Man Lexosuit is just par for the course at this point.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I kind of want to point out that Lex Luthor and Iron Man* are basically the same character who only made a handful different choices from each other. Super wealthy, hyper-arrogant tech-wizards who made their money doing shady poo poo like weapons manufacturing.

Also now I get to mention that the OG Lexosuit was teased back in season 2!

* I have a long and super nerdy quasi-rant that Iron Man, Batman, Lex Luthor, and Dr. Doom are all basically the different takes on the theme of "smart guy uses smarts to make money and money to try and change the world."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lena was adopted, so I'm wondering if it'll turn out she's a Worldkiller too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Supergirl's weakness is kryptonite, an emerald-like crystal. Reign's weakness is Ruby.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Lena was adopted, so I'm wondering if it'll turn out she's a Worldkiller too.

She's Lionel Luthor's bastard daughter. She's not related to Lillian in any way other than adoption, but she's as much of a Luthor as Lex is biologically.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Supergirl's weakness is kryptonite, an emerald-like crystal. Reign's weakness is Ruby.

Booooo hisssssssss.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Dave Feloni just admit that's you.

jokes aside, 10000% the writers room came up with that and wen't "holy poo poo, we're loving Geniuses!!!"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Mr Beens posted:

I don’t know? Is it more Iron Man than Master Chief, Samus Aran, Sam Raimi’s green goblin, Doomguy, Ant-man, DCCW’s Atom, or any other superhero/supervillain/space marine ever with an exoskeleton/full body armor?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Their search for the third Worldkiller will probably involve looking up medical databases since dealing with the second gives them some clue as to how to find others and so the test result will pop up with Reign's

I'm thinking the next time Reign's activated, the vials are suddenly going to go super duper kryptonian and Alex'll go "...that's not good"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nice use of Lisa Loeb.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good loving job Alex

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Alex stop trying to help.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Winn's enthusiasm over J'onn's ship :3:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The battery looked like a spray painted helmet.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am so here for J'onn: marriage counselor

And that crazy rear end coat Lena is wearing

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

She flew away... to a subway car?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A very small part of me wanted Sam to punch a hole through Lena there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I am so here for J'onn: marriage counselor

I'm here for J'onn: Martian brewmaster. Give me some of that moonshine.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

A very small part of me wanted Sam to punch a hole through Lena there.

I was hoping for her smashing both fists down through her desk before turning around and glowering but the other way's more subtle.

Also there is no possible way a Luthor telling a Kryptonian hybrid murder machine that she will help make her 100% human can go wrong. Nope. None. it will

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I hope they wind up beating the Worldkillers with Care Bear Stare.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did I hear it wrong or did Alex tell Purity to shush her mouth?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So with the Alex B plot of wanting a kid and Reign, this season ends with Reign heroically dying and Alex adopting Ruby, right?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
drat, Alex has zero cool. Did she skip deescalation class?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

So with the Alex B plot of wanting a kid and Reign, this season ends with Reign heroically dying and Alex adopting Ruby, right?

That definitely seems like a possibility.

Anyone else notice they seemed to screw up the order of two scenes early on? They capture her, stand around celebrating about how the caught Purity and then Kara and Alex go interrogate her where they ask her name and she tells them it is Purity.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

muscles like this! posted:

That definitely seems like a possibility.

Anyone else notice they seemed to screw up the order of two scenes early on? They capture her, stand around celebrating about how the caught Purity and then Kara and Alex go interrogate her where they ask her name and she tells them it is Purity.

The names of Reign's henchwomen Purity and Pestilence were already known. Kara tried to get through to her human side by addressing her as Julia, and the "reveal" in the interrogation scene was that Purity wasn't having any of that and Kara underestimated Purity's grasp on Julia. They weren't surprised by her worldkiller name.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

Something along these lines would make the most sense yeah, I hope they find some way to keep Odette as a recurring character though. Either way Alex is awesome and I want her to be a badass mom :unsmith:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LongDarkNight posted:

drat, Alex has zero cool. Did she skip deescalation class?

Alex is Alpha Team, Alpha Team is all business.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
With all the effort they’ve put into making you like and care for her this year, killing Sam off and pawning Ruby off on Alex would just be an incredibly lovely disservice to everyone involved in that dynamic.

I’m hoping they find a way to Killer Frost her and either have Reign chill the gently caress out and become an ally of Team Supergirl, or have Sam become the dominant personality full time with all her Reign powers intact.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I would be pretty surprised if Sam ends up dying, and I'd also be pretty surprised if her powers weren't taken away by the end of this season.

Of course, with my track record of show predictions, this 100% means that Sam is going to hella die and also keep all her powers. Somehow both at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I think they laid the groundwork for keeping her around by introducing that she doesn't always have her powers when Alex was able to draw her blood and stuff.

They can just go "Well we punched the evil talking ghost lady in the face and Reign is gone forever taking my powers with her."

Then later when things get boring they can have her do something superhuman by reflex and have a storyline based around that. Make her Power Girl and you get the CW drama because she has to be a mother and a crime fighter.

CW I work for scale.