Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
How about specific anti-fighter weapons? Think flak cruisers and the like. Cavaet: there may already be subcap fits that are great at swatting fighters. I haven't looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neuntausend posted:

Is anyone here interested in Highsec structure shooting? (I know you are, it's the best part of Eve, right?)

I haven't played in a while, and just recently got into the game again. A couple of dudes and I decided to try Highsec wardecs again, and now we kind of sort of ended up in a situation where we threatened to kill a large Upwell structure and may or may not be able to, depending on how things develop until it comes out for the structure timer.

It's a silly, unimportant little scuffle, but perhaps some of you guys would be willing to lend a hand?

Won't CONCORD kill me if I help out? I'm sure goonswarm alliance isn't going to declare war on some highsec nobodies

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.

Rutibex posted:

Won't CONCORD kill me if I help out? I'm sure goonswarm alliance isn't going to declare war on some highsec nobodies

If you are in GSF, then you can't do much besides maybe fielding neutral logistics to help, that's correct. This whole thing is really nowhere near big enough to try and drag Goonswarm proper into. I was thinking more along the lines of bored alts or alt corps.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Neuntausend posted:

If you are in GSF, then you can't do much besides maybe fielding neutral logistics to help, that's correct.

Were you around for when they made it so the neutral logi gets a suspect timer?

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Were you around for when they made it so the neutral logi gets a suspect timer?

Yes. They are still being used a lot in Highsec wardecs. I don't personally like the practice, but even if I did, we just don't have the manpower to field any.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Addamere posted:

Cruiser hull capable of fitting citadel torpedoes, and maybe some gimmick module to make it all but immune to fighters specifically so it can still be easily tracked by other subcapitals but not get eaten by fighter swarms.

that's basically what I've been tolkien about for like, 6+ years yeah

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

make it a t2 cruiser so it can eat tons of moongoo and make us even more the masters of t2 prod

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Xae posted:

Reddit really is going all in on the idea that not being able to solo a multi-billion isk capital ship with a multi-million isk nano frigate is a "problem" that needs to be solved.

This is not the problem.

The problem is when the answer to, "What to bring to counter [anything]?" is a single ship class.

Sidenote: One of the cooler ideas was making a new t2 BC (the only ship class that doesnt have two t2 variants) that can either inhib cynos, shut off current cynos, or something like that. Obviously, very rough draft of an idea, but has potential.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FranktheBank posted:

(the only ship class that doesnt have two t2 variants)

They should make T2 Corvettes

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

t2 carriers to counter the t1 carriers

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rutibex posted:

They should make T2 Corvettes

Technically, these would be Interceptors. A corvette comes before a frigate in ship size ranking, so an interceptor is a cut-down frigate built for speed over firepower and hardiness.

I've always thought there should be 'pocket carriers' (in the days before supercaps could use gates) which could use gates - but now that all capitals can transit systems like any other ship, perhaps pocket carriers should be able to operate in highsec? Or maybe even just a T2 battleship with a bay large enough to carry two fighters inside? You could tailor the fighter damage to complement the BS main weapon damage.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
just remove caps and supercaps :dong:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or maybe even just a T2 battleship with a bay large enough to carry two fighters inside? You could tailor the fighter damage to complement the BS main weapon damage.

You can sort of do this already with Geckos

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Kitfox88 posted:

just remove caps and supercaps :dong:

Disallow caps in lowsex.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
t2 cruiser with 8-9k dps using capital mods with a garbage resist profile and inertia

maybe give it covops+cloak, or just make it blopsable if no cloak

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They should make it so you can fly a single fighter drone like you are playing a flight sim. Then every titan will be given a small exhaust port that you can aim at for a one-hit-kill.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

They should make it so you can fly a single fighter drone like you are playing a flight sim. Then every titan will be given a small exhaust port that you can aim at for a one-hit-kill.

Didn’t they try that with VR and it not work out

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

t2 cruiser with 8-9k dps using capital mods with a garbage resist profile and inertia

maybe give it covops+cloak, or just make it blopsable if no cloak

You of all people would have use for such a thing...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ynglaur posted:

You of all people would have use for such a thing...

yes, and so would the rest of the game

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Oh, I wasn't implying it would be bad...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Didn’t they try that with VR and it not work out

nah the problem they had with VR was it turned out to be a tiny market

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I for one am not giving up on my PC until they come out with fully functional holodecks.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

Sort of like how they released Dust514 on PS3 when it was already end of life and the PS4 was out. I don't know why they do poo poo like that. Hopefully PA wills top those suicide tactics.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

Sort of like how they released Dust514 on PS3 when it was already end of life and the PS4 was out. I don't know why they do poo poo like that. Hopefully PA wills top those suicide tactics.

that was such a stupendously dumb decision that it still baffles me to this day. like, i get the ps3 and ps4 had such different architecture that it probably was a hell of a time porting from one to the other which is why they didn't, but why was it designed on the ps3 in the first place?!?!?!?!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

evilweasel posted:

that was such a stupendously dumb decision that it still baffles me to this day. like, i get the ps3 and ps4 had such different architecture that it probably was a hell of a time porting from one to the other which is why they didn't, but why was it designed on the ps3 in the first place?!?!?!?!

More protracted than expected development time perhaps?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

They probably got a Devil's deal from Sony to do it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

evilweasel posted:

VR will be a thing once you can just have a neuralink in your brain and just jack into the matrix like what elon musk is trying to do

He said on the joe rogan podcast they'll have something interesting to announce within a few months

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hexel posted:

VR will be a thing once you can just have a neuralink in your brain and just jack into the matrix like what elon musk is trying to do

He said on the joe rogan podcast they'll have something interesting to announce within a few months

He was high as gently caress on that podcast, I wouldn't trust much of what he said.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They probably got a Devil's deal from Sony to do it.

The explanation was always that Sony paid a pile for it to be a PS3 exclusive.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rutibex posted:

He was high as gently caress on that podcast, I wouldn't trust much of what he said.

he took one puff and didnt inhale

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Maneck posted:

The explanation was always that Sony paid a pile for it to be a PS3 exclusive.

yeah but i gotta assume Sony would have been fine with it being on the PS4 instead

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hexel posted:

he took one puff and didnt inhale

Maybe on camera. Just look a Musks eyes, that man is high 24/7

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Rutibex posted:

Did you watch the actual video?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Inhale or not, man hasn't slept since puberty.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

elon musk is a genius he's like the donald trump of business :)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

He took one puff and didnt even bother to inhale. There is no way he got high.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

elon musk is a genius he's like the donald trump of business :)

:eyepop:

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Rutibex posted:

Maybe on camera. Just look a Musks eyes, that man is high 24/7

I just want to confirm this, my credentials are:
20 years of smoking

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Elon musk doesnt do any mari-hu-wanna-s, he's got too many DOD contracts that would be not kosher with him getting bombed on a federally illegal substance. If a president can claim to not inhale, I guess o'l muskie should be fine?

Speaking of space king Musk, I gotta tweet him more about my moonbase idea before nasa and russia get their grubby hands on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

MaxPowers posted:

Elon musk doesnt do any mari-hu-wanna-s, he's got too many DOD contracts that would be not kosher with him getting bombed on a federally illegal substance. If a president can claim to not inhale, I guess o'l muskie should be fine?

Speaking of space king Musk, I gotta tweet him more about my moonbase idea before nasa and russia get their grubby hands on it.

Americans already planted a flag on the moon and if it's anything like when they colonized the continent, that flag means they own the moon now.