Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

ghostwritingduck posted:

Of course you would. This is what you will actually get.

Sunshine HD $60
Galaxy Collection $60
3D World Deluxe $60
New Super Mario All Stars (includes Wii and Wii U titles) $60

We're not getting in but an HD version of Mario 64DS would be another $60.

I would buy all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

What if I told you that you'd get better at arms the more you played, similar to every skill action and hobby ever

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's also a pretty helpful training mode in Arms.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

I'm really bad at fighting games and really bad at ARMS and hated the global testpunch but still bought it and it's Fun. You should buy ARMS even if you're bad at videogames, like me.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I would pretty easily buy Mario Sunshine HD for $50 maybe even $60.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

I Am Frick posted:

I would buy all of those.

So would I if they spaced them out correctly.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fun Times! posted:

I would pretty easily buy Mario Sunshine HD for $50 maybe even $60.

Same. Fix the problems Wind Waker HD style and that would be an insta-purchase.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/877647796177838081

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
ARMS is a good fighting game and I like it because there are no combos to memorize and the gameplay is simple and straightforward and the fun for me comes from getting better at those fundamentals and learning how to apply them best

I really don't like memorizing things

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hope that Nintendo has some kind of online saves backup in the works for the paid online service. Nintendo just sent me an email that my saves had to be wiped when I sent my Switch in.

I mean I only had like five or six hours into Zelda so I don't actually care, but I expect people lost a lot more :[

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Martytoof posted:

Hope that Nintendo has some kind of online saves backup in the works for the paid online service. Nintendo just sent me an email that my saves had to be wiped when I sent my Switch in.

I mean I only had like five or six hours into Zelda so I don't actually care, but I expect people lost a lot more :[

I could have sworn I read that they actually did have an special cloud service for repairs and people got their saves back. Was that a hoax?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Wandle Cax posted:

That would actually be pretty cool, i'd like an open world bike/atv game

So something like Motocross Madness, but good?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

I could have sworn I read that they actually did have an special cloud service for repairs and people got their saves back. Was that a hoax?

I think it probably depends on what was wrong with your switch in the first place. Mine seemed fine but if they couldn't swap out the memory or recover the saves then boo hoo that's too bad for me I guess. It would be great if they could let us back up saves /before/ anything happens and I have to send it in :q:

I think currently they were swapping memory components internally on repair since they're just plug-in boards.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm saving my energies for splatoon 2 because that i very very much get and ran wild on other goons when that came out.

Cept Lemming. It's so on gonna be on again.

Sooooooon.....

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can Nintendo just rejuvenate the New Super Mario Bros series by incorporating all of the elements from SMB2? It's the stepchild of Mario games.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Yeah, if I'm gonna play a game in a genre I don't like and am bad at it's gonna be Splatoon 2, sorry.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

friends, I've been hunting for a Switch and I'm trying to get one before the end of the summer, so as to avoid the nonsense of the holidays. any advice?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
mods put istocknow.com in the thread title

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's gonna suck for anyone looking for a Switch this Holiday.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is ARMS one of those games where if you don't get it in the first week of release you're basically going to never win a match because everyone is going to be a hundred times better than you and you missed the honeymoon period where everyone was just learning?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

It is hard to say since it is still relatively new. Are people already going buckwild online? I have only been trying to conquer level 5 computers consistently. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Is ARMS one of those games where if you don't get it in the first week of release you're basically going to never win a match because everyone is going to be a hundred times better than you and you missed the honeymoon period where everyone was just learning?

Can you play rock paper scissors whiles hopping around?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Carlosologist posted:

friends, I've been hunting for a Switch and I'm trying to get one before the end of the summer, so as to avoid the nonsense of the holidays. any advice?

istocknow live map and start calling. That's how I got mine yesterday.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I'm saving my energies for splatoon 2 because that i very very much get and ran wild on other goons when that came out.

Cept Lemming. It's so on gonna be on again.

Sooooooon.....

I'll be practiced from ARMS, I'll be unstoppable

Edit:

Martytoof posted:

There's a matchmaking system, you'll probably be fine

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Can you play rock paper scissors whiles hopping around?

That's basically how I spent my late 20s and early 30s.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/877626969742909440

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's pretty sneaky, sis

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Evil Fluffy posted:

So something like Motocross Madness, but good?

Bring back Excite Truck/Excitebots.

Except actually don't because those games were really goddamn bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Japan's eShop got some nice shovelware this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCH1eUhWlc

All yours for for the low low price of 500yen!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also a really really cool looking game in the coming soon section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2mJ2sr8jY

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Also a really really cool looking game in the coming soon section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2mJ2sr8jY

have this game on my phone and its alright

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ALSO also what looks to be Resident Evil PS1 Graphics The Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Oy1JRZVBY

1000yen (10~ bucks)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Dugong posted:

I bought this external charger a while ago, would it be alright to use with my Switch? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VSLE5WO/

It would work, but not charge at full speed.

That battery pack doesn't seem to output at anything higher than 5V, so you would fall into the "Good" category.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah, if I'm gonna play a game in a genre I don't like and am bad at it's gonna be Splatoon 2, sorry.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Modus Pwnens posted:

The time limit killed 3d world for me. I like to explore and my family is bad at games, so coop mode was really stressful.

Movement didn't feel good for me in that one. I never felt like I was really in control of my character.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Infinitum posted:

ALSO also what looks to be Resident Evil PS1 Graphics The Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Oy1JRZVBY

1000yen (10~ bucks)

Are we entering the period when retro nostalgia means the hip style for indie games over the next few years will be blocky models and muddy, juddery textures? I always forget that people younger than me exist and their first console wasn't an NES.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nalin posted:

It would work, but not charge at full speed.

That battery pack doesn't seem to output at anything higher than 5V, so you would fall into the "Good" category.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194WDVHI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^^^ This is what I use and it's listed as "Not Good" here and it actually works really, really well? :shrug: I bought it well before Digital Foundry (I think) even did a video on it declaring it to be a good backup battery for the Switch.

E:

JethroMcB posted:

Are we entering the period when retro nostalgia means the hip style for indie games over the next few years will be blocky models and muddy, juddery textures? I always forget that people younger than me exist and their first console wasn't an NES.

:same:
I am not looking forward to this new era of PSO/Saturn/N64 nostalgia. Please do it in proper HD format, guys.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 22, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Lobster posted:

:same:
I am not looking forward to this new era of PSO/Saturn/N64 nostalgia. Please do it in proper HD format, guys.
Already seeing this on PC with games like Strafe and Devil Daggers.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

The Lobster posted:

^^^^ This is what I use and it's listed as "Not Good" here and it actually works really, really well? :shrug: I bought it well before Digital Foundry (I think) even did a video on it declaring it to be a good backup battery for the Switch.

That is 5V 2.4A, which qualifies it under "Good Enough**", and the ** points out that some of those chargers will send over 2A instead of 1.5A, which makes them "Good". However, considering that the Switch doesn't use any proprietary charging tech that I'm aware of, it could just be the result of an out-of-spec cable tricking the Switch into pulling 2A. If that's the case, be careful where you plug that cable into. Or it could be Power iQ throwing more power at the Switch than it requested, but I don't think that could be possible.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Is there a good drop proof rubber/silicone protector? Right now most of my games are stuff I'd prefer to play on the dock + tv, but I want a good protector that I can use while still playing it incase it drops off a table or off the side of my bed or something like that.

• Locked thread