Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Addamere posted:

Is that something like elo hell? Sorry, my knowledge of the League community starts and stops with this thread.

People want to be in a higher division than they deserve so they pay people to play on their account. A lot of pros have gotten busted for it over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Boosting is definitely one of the funnier ways to waste money that I have seen over the years.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's usually people who think their teammates are the sole reason they're stuck in Silver and they totally deserve to be Platinum so they pay someone to boost them up there and then inevitably drop back down to Silver. Then the cycle repeats.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kingcobweb posted:

People want to be in a higher division than they deserve so they pay people to play on their account. A lot of pros have gotten busted for it over the years

lol thats almost as bad as people buying wow characters and then getting banned for it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Addamere posted:

lol thats almost as bad as people buying wow characters and then getting banned for it

It's worse, because these people are paying for the privilege of anchoring games they shouldn't be in

:10bux: to just lose games, unpleasant for themselves and others!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

It's worse, because these people are paying for the privilege of anchoring games they shouldn't be in

:10bux: to just lose games, unpleasant for themselves and others!

just be as me and cut out that middle man, be the anchor in games at whatever elo you're at and laugh at everyone :yayclod:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I was playing normals at my super garbage ELO and ran into the Kayle + Yi combo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sometimes people in the thread buy a boost from methanar and then dont pay him

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

Sorry, my knowledge of the League community starts and stops with this thread.

Every competitive game with seasons and ladder rewards has boosting. I have a friend who to this day makes money through a mix of being a circus trapeze artist and boosting people accounts in WoW arena. The latter of which probably being the one that feels the most like a job.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya boosting has been around forever even in games like Starcraft, you could 2v2 with a grandmaster and he would 1v3.

Getting a lot more honors with this new honor system. I am not really kind but I do #shotcall and generally play well.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

sometimes people in the thread buy a boost from methanar and then dont pay him

Boost to diamond 1: 200 dollars, minus one dollar for every post I've had to scroll past with his face in it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Boost to diamond 1: 200 dollars, minus one dollar for every post I've had to scroll past with his face in it.

if hes paying to boost accounts he can skip boosting my account and just venmo me drugs and pizza money

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQphkQBYNBs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you got me hosed up if you think i am going to click what appears to be a lily pichu parody song

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Got to Silver II off the back of some insanely godlike Lee Sin player who went 17/1/5. I'm really glad they added in the free win for promotions; having to get two wins every time would be really nerve wracking.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Got to Silver II off the back of some insanely godlike Lee Sin player who went 17/1/5. I'm really glad they added in the free win for promotions; having to get two wins every time would be really nerve wracking.

silver heroes are the best. there was a guy perennially trapped in silver who built 4 bloodthirster ad sion back when his ult was more lifesteal and all he did was lifesteal and walk down a lane. once he got to gold people learned how to chain cc and kite so he would go back down to silver where he stomped every game,

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you wouldn't assume i started off level 5 vs nidalee's level 7 but i did lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-urgot-the-dreadnought

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shotgun knees.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Oh god, the new urgot ult is giving me flashbacks of that old urgot fanfiction.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Is the new urgot ult the mpreg one

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I don't hate the new design but I'm sure he'll be overtuned on release and we'll need to ban him for several weeks

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Did I miss something or does locking on to someone not mean anything. I didn't see anything in his abilities that do anything with it.

Overall he looks cool, expect they ruined crabgot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

That preserves the essential Urgot feeling of locking onto someone and ruining their day, this rework is APPROVED

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Did I miss something or does locking on to someone not mean anything. I didn't see anything in his abilities that do anything with it.

Overall he looks cool, expect they ruined crabgot.

his moving attack prioritizes the lock

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Voxx posted:

his moving attack prioritizes the lock

Ah I missed that. Thanks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that ult is legit cool

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
'urgot the dreadnot' sounds awful

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

'urgot the dreadnot' sounds awful

you would never say that poo poo to urgot if you ran into him in the streets you loving coward. and for the record: new urgot is not as cool as the old one, but is acceptable and i understand why they are making this change due to how unbalanceable urgot was.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
'urgot the not very dread at all actually' was too long

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

there is no champ in league that has a combo quite as visceral as urgot e->q but if they made urgot any better that combo despite being extremely satisfying would be game breakingly broken

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That ultimate looks like poo poo out of a horror movie, that is incredibly cool

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wheres his dick tho

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Tired Moritz posted:

wheres his dick tho

what do you think he chains you up with

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Pls don't get weird here fellas

Also I'm glad I have giant enemy crabgot in my loot box thing but Battlecast continues to look the best as it is the best line of skins in the game

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Urgot looks fun, cool, and worthless. Once they get past his initial over/underpowered state, he'll probably end up a champion that nobody plays again because playing champions that are weak to the (endlessly increasing) mobility in the game is not fun.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Butcher Urgot is preserved, I can still throw chainsaws at people. I am happy.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

K8.0 posted:

Urgot looks fun, cool, and worthless. Once they get past his initial over/underpowered state, he'll probably end up a champion that nobody plays again because playing champions that are weak to the (endlessly increasing) mobility in the game is not fun.

hey nice original take man, you really breathed some new light into this situation with your insightful commentary! proud of you -- keep it up!

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
So whats the range on reactivating nu-urgot's ult? If zed ults me but screws up and actually takes some damage, I ult him, then he teleports halfway back to base, can I still reel him back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mobility has been a problem for years and years and years and years and a lot of champions without gapclosers have been introduced and plenty see lots of play so I don't know how entirely true that is

pog boyfriend posted:

hey nice original take man, you really breathed some new light into this situation with your insightful commentary! proud of you -- keep it up!

I wonder what advice could be offered on summoner spells, namely Flash.

• Locked thread