Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

FartingBedpost posted:

Huh, never really noticed that that was an overarching rule; but I guess I've never come across a situation where I wanted to burn someone for a weapon before now.

I was really hoping that it would be. It would have kinda made sense too, I had Mia using Alondite at the end of Radiant Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

THE loving MOON posted:

I was really hoping that it would be. It would have kinda made sense too, I had Mia using Alondite at the end of Radiant Dawn

That's why I was wondering, quite honestly. I'd probably give it to one of my meme characters but :shrug: I'd like it.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
im sick of this tt already let it end so i can somberly obliterate nephenee for the memes

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
These sacred seal quests are a veritable who's who of lovely units that need a bunch of work to be good (besides the Askr trio)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

These sacred seal quests are a veritable who's who of lovely units that need a bunch of work to be good (besides the Askr trio)

Getting a free Shanna and Henry is good though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
happy 5 log-in orbs day

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

"persona 5 is bad" might be the worst hot take I've ever seen holy poo poo
persona 5 isnt great tbh the writing is all over the place and it goes on about 20 hours too long. i mean it's still a slick, well-made game but not liking it is a pretty reasonable opinion

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Please don't start a dumb persona 5 argument here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FartingBedpost posted:

That's why I was wondering, quite honestly. I'd probably give it to one of my meme characters but :shrug: I'd like it.
i mean a lot of the uninheritable weapons were actually free use in their base game. Durandal, Gradivus, Mulagir, Mystletainn, Nidhogg, Parthia, Urvan, Vidofnir, Regal Blade.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Regal Blade's the one that gets me because it doesn't even have a cool name!!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
perfect timing i just ran out of henry

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean I think it's canon that the BK is just a fairly strong dude with some good gear

A lot of the dialogue around him in Radiant Dawn particularly hits on how he's this unthinkably fast and unshakable force even when he's not in his blessed armor. I always felt like his individual fighting prowess gets hyped up in the story more than most arch-villains, besides maybe Zephiel

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i have lots of henries but theyre all 3*s for some reason

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Regal Blade's the one that gets me because it doesn't even have a cool name!!

This reminds me where tf is Linus

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oneavi posted:

A lot of the dialogue around him in Radiant Dawn particularly hits on how he's this unthinkably fast and unshakable force even when he's not in his blessed armor. I always felt like his individual fighting prowess gets hyped up in the story more than most arch-villains, besides maybe Zephiel

In both PoR and RD Black Knight shows up in a couple of early maps as a big mountain of stats that you can't hope to touch and then in some later mid-game maps as a big mountain of stats you can maybe hope to touch only to then immediately die. He even takes on or kills several characters established as being pretty big deals and leaves with barely a scratch so it does a great job of building him up. He lives up to it to, except in RD if you equip Ike with a hammer.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe I should add to the OP that everyone with a phone good enough to play this game has a good enough phone to emulate FE7 or FE8 and have a whole section on how to get into the main series if you like this game

I'd just started baby's first FE game (FE7) on desktop and I wished I knew my phone was good enough to emulate. Thanks for adding that to the OP. Super useful info.

Clawtopsy posted:

the most concerning part of this image is how many orbs you spent upgrading your barracks

Instead of spending 20 orbs on a 5-pull, pretend it costs 21 orbs so you can get 5 new heroes + 5 new slots to stash them in.

That said I'm still too cheap to spend orbs on upgrading barracks because I'm an irrationally cheap human being.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

400 slots in my barracks, no regrets

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
109/200 also no regrets

Rage feathering garbo units from the gacha is cathartic

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

acumen posted:

109/200 also no regrets

Rage feathering garbo units from the gacha is cathartic

:yeah:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

197/220

I started putting the ocassional orb into expanding my barracks after realising that i couldn't get rid of any trash 3/4*'s without either getting rid of one off units or units who have skills I genuinely want to inherit to other, better units.

such as male robin

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Holy poo poo, I was getting kind of mad at my luck since my last 4 summon screens had no blue stones. Just clicked on a red one and BOOM, Brave Roy, exactly who I was going for on the CYL banner I got the bullshit 4.75% pity rate on. +res -hp, not too bad.

~If you love something, set it free~

edit: Just realized that with rein, titania, and bow Lyn I can finally put together cavalry emblem. I guess armor is next up on the meme team ticket.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 24, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Holy poo poo, I was getting kind of mad at my luck since my last 4 summon screens had no blue stones. Just clicked on a red one and BOOM, Brave Roy, exactly who I was going for on the CYL banner I got the bullshit 4.75% pity rate on. +res -hp, not too bad.

~If you love something, set it free~

If you love something you should set it free, doesn't that mean you should send your Brave Roy home?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Stephen9001 posted:

If you love something you should set it free, doesn't that mean you should send your Brave Roy home?

Uhhh I was thinking more like 'don't spend money on gacha, even to break a high pity rate'

Edit: I'm just gonna keep telling myself my boy here is my just reward for not breaking down on it before

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

40k feathers well spent. Not sure if I'm going to keep his default A skill or give him Fury, seems like both would be great on him.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I need to start feathering these 4* Seliphs. I just drew another one this morning and I already had 2. I don't need that many Rally Speed!

I also drew another 5* Chrom. I have a +1 Chrom already... I am seriously tempted to give Aether to Amelia. Good idea, bad idea?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I need to start feathering these 4* Seliphs. I just drew another one this morning and I already had 2. I don't need that many Rally Speed!

I also drew another 5* Chrom. I have a +1 Chrom already... I am seriously tempted to give Aether to Amelia. Good idea, bad idea?

It's good, giving Aether to other characters you like so they get a higher arena score is the best use of a 5* Chrom

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

My Amelia has her axe, distant counter, quickened pulse, and aether. It's a great combo, it nearly always fires in arena matches and in chain/tempest/sqaud/whatever she's the energizer bunny

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ok I did it.

She'll need an awful lot of SP to learn it, though. It costs 750, Jesus. Good thing there are some maps up right now that are good for SP farming!

Which she loving destroyed. She destroyed Camilla hard. I didn't even need to heal her! She just healed the chip damage herself with Renewal. That map is half sword losers! Amelia cares not for your puny weapon triangle! Jesus...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Ok I did it.

She'll need an awful lot of SP to learn it, though. It costs 750, Jesus. Good thing there are some maps up right now that are good for SP farming!

Which she loving destroyed. She destroyed Camilla hard. I didn't even need to heal her! She just healed the chip damage herself with Renewal. That map is half sword losers! Amelia cares not for your puny weapon triangle! Jesus...

Nice, for real I think Amelia might be one of the best candidates for Aether in the game.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
How viable is a Amelia/Black Knight/Effie armor emblem team.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The Biggest Jerk posted:

How viable is a Amelia/Black Knight/Effie armor emblem team.

Well, that's the exact armor team I plan to run once I get the 5* Black Knight (plus Hector) so I'd say it's viable as all hell.

If you don't have Hector, throw in Sheena. She's an excellent wall for an armor team.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
That's also the team I plan to make lol. I have a +Atk 4* Effie next in line for feathers after BK now that Brave Roy means I don't need to feather Xander for cavalry emblem anymore. I just need to get her a brave lance and she'll be set.

edit: Arvis can be my 4th for full Armor Emblem.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 24, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Arvis is going to be out in like two weeks and it's even money that he's a red armor Mage so I would maybe take that into consideration for your armor team needs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
nah im gonna spend my orbs on spooky halloween memes

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Arvis is going to be out in like two weeks and it's even money that he's a red armor Mage so I would maybe take that into consideration for your armor team needs

An armour mage? Really? That would certainly be interesting I suppose.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ugh, I never thought I'd have TOO MANY good armors! My Effie/Amelia/Hector/soon-BK team is perfect. Where would I put Arvis?!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

nah im gonna spend my orbs on spooky halloween memes

He's a GHB, so

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

All Tier 4 weapons with no "+" cannot be inherited

I was going to bring up healer staves but those are tier 2 huh, even candlelight

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I got pity killed by loving Oscar. -Attack Oscar, just the twist that knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Pulled an Elincia, she's -atk/+spd, so not ideal but still ready to quadkill loving everyone.

What's a good budget A skill for her to ensure she quads? DB's good, but I don't have Hone Fliers yet to ensure she hits speed freak territory.