Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress LA Noire where the gently caress is my Stardew Valley and Wargroove. Chucklefish where are they. How are they worse than Devolver about saying when a thing will come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lmao at wanting a remaster of a game without the game's core feature. I want a Tetris Gameboy remaster but remove the ability to rotate pieces.

have you tried tetris [half baked voice] on the switch?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I can't wait to see this on the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

DLC Inc posted:

gently caress LA Noire where the gently caress is my Stardew Valley and Wargroove. Chucklefish where are they. How are they worse than Devolver about saying when a thing will come out

Lmao @ waiting impatiently for a farming game

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You could say it's perfect for the Switch. ;-)

Both LA Noire and Phoenix Wright have shown that while it sounds like a fun gameplay element in theory, in practice trying to find "tells" on animated characters is really not fun at all.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just want an enter the gungeon release date

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neat thing I saw on YouTube, you can use an otg(on the go) USB C to A cable in handheld mode though the charging port, which you can use to plug in whatever compatible controller you want.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Since the thought of an eshop sale being worth a drat is laughable, I am relying on this thread to tell me when there is an eshop credit sale.

Bonus points if you provide a net present value break down by quarter for unused credit.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DLC Inc posted:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Can anyone in Europe (or with a NOE account) check if ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury 2 is up on the eShop today? It's on NOA's site as being available today but isn't showing on NOE's site for some reason.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Neat thing I saw on YouTube, you can use an otg(on the go) USB C to A cable in handheld mode though the charging port, which you can use to plug in whatever compatible controller you want.

Link to the video? Is it game specific or work generally for the console?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Can anyone in Europe (or with a NOE account) check if ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury 2 is up on the eShop today? It's on NOA's site as being available today but isn't showing on NOE's site for some reason.

It is, for £6.29

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ventana posted:

Link to the video? Is it game specific or work generally for the console?

Generally for the console. He plugs the pro controller in that way to show that the new update for making it communicate wired only works even in handheld mode.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I need an arpg for hacking and or slashing on the go. When do we get battle.net for Switch?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Here's this week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Fatal Fury 2 | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Cave Story+ | NA | $29.99 (eShop/Retail) (June 20)
Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas | NA | PAL | $14.99 / £13.29 / €14.99 (eShop Only) (June 20 NA / June 22 PAL)

Frankston posted:

It is, for £6.29
Thanks. NOE are being slow at updating their site for some reason, it looks like.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

irlZaphod posted:

"Nintendo Switch Body" Apologies for Sale and Announcement

Their body wasn't ready?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

DLC Inc posted:

Also Yooka-Laylee. I want my 64-bit platforming goodness, Playtonic!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

You could say it's perfect for the Switch. ;-)

Both LA Noire and Phoenix Wright have shown that while it sounds like a fun gameplay element in theory, in practice trying to find "tells" on animated characters is really not fun at all.
I dunno I think LA Noire would be better if they followed Phoenix Wright in having something as metal as giving someone a motherfuckin skull hand as their tell

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

For everyone who missed the width of a Wii U controller:

http://gizmodo.com/i-cant-wait-to-play-this-nintendo-switch-battery-1796301465

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I'm excited for the rest of this year, but what's out for Switch right now that I should play

My wife only lets me play Zelda when she's around to watch, and I have Mario Kart but that can only kill so much time. Need more gamez

Bomberman seems thoroughly underwhelming, I already have Shovel Knight on 3DS and Cave Story on PC, ARMS doesn't seem like my style

I'm thinking Disgaea 5 maybe???

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

loquacius posted:

Guys I'm excited for the rest of this year, but what's out for Switch right now that I should play

My wife only lets me play Zelda when she's around to watch, and I have Mario Kart but that can only kill so much time. Need more gamez

Bomberman seems thoroughly underwhelming, I already have Shovel Knight on 3DS and Cave Story on PC, ARMS doesn't seem like my style

Nah, nothing else out really besides neo turf golf.

waiting on Stardew valley, golf story and maybe neo geo baseball???

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I liked Master Blaster 0, VOEZ and Kamiko quite a bit. Puyo Puyo Tetris is also fun if you like that sort of genre.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Really don't understand who's buying this $50 rechargable battery for controllers advertised at 20 hours of battery life.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Nerds. The bad kind.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

loquacius posted:

Disgaea 5 is a strategy rpg for insane people, it's good.

Blaster Master 0 is a cool retro re-imagining with a lot of great quality of life upgrades and changes, probably would be your thing since you like Cave Story.

ARMS is a pseudo fighting game that can be played with or without the motion controls, which are surprisingly good. If you want a more traditional fighting game, buy KOF 98 or Garou.

That Astro Duel game is a fun little arcade shooter thing with a fair bit of tail to it. You can play with AI or up to 5 others.

Thumper is an excellent rhythm spaceship thingy game that gets progressively more complex and cool.

Puyo Tetris is a soul crushing version of Puyo and Tetris fusion stuff, has a lot of modes and is hard as gently caress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blaster Master and Kamiko seem like solid bets especially since one is :10bux: and one is :5bux:

Thanks guys :tipshat:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There's also all the ACA NeoGeo games. They're mostly fighters, but there's also a couple of Metal Slug games in there and a few other similar run and gun games.

e: Oceanhorn is out today and is supposed to be ok? It looks like classic Zelda mixed with some other 16-bit era RPGs. There's also Shantae (Metroidvania-ish), Thumper (rhythm game I think?), Has Been Heroes (Tower Defense mixed with a Roguelike) and Snake Pass.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 22, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you like Blaster Master Zero then Mighty Gunvolt Burst is absolutely worth a look. It's the same developer and like "What if Mighty Number 9 was good?"

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

There's also all the ACA NeoGeo games. They're mostly fighters, but there's also a couple of Metal Slug games in there and a few other similar run and gun games.
Neo Turf Masters

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is it a common problem with joy-cons that the controls spaz out a bit if the console and controller don't have a clear line of sight to each other? playing on the TV a few nights and I've noticed a few times where the control stick input would be sloppy or something, and noticed it might have been when my knee was lifted and/or due to 3 or 4 game boxes being in front of the dock.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you like Blaster Master Zero then Mighty Gunvolt Burst is absolutely worth a look. It's "What if Mighty Number 9 was good?"

Speaking of Gunvolt, isn't that Gunvolt 1&2 combo pack coming to Switch?

DLC Inc posted:

is it a common problem with joy-cons that the controls spaz out a bit if the console and controller don't have a clear line of sight to each other? playing on the TV a few nights and I've noticed a few times where the control stick input would be sloppy or something, and noticed it might have been when my knee was lifted and/or due to 3 or 4 game boxes being in front of the dock.

Yes and it's something you should probably call Nintendo about, there's a repair that fixes some of the desynch issues.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

It was a common problem with early runs, but Nintendo can fix it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yes and it's something you should probably call Nintendo about, there's a repair that fixes some of the desynch issues.

Basically anything with Gunvolt is the true Megaman timeline while Mighty No. 9 is the cursed one.

I guess I'll look up stuff about this desync, thanks

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Also, Gratuitous Explosion Machine is cheap as poo poo and a fun timesink. I'd recommend it for the price. It plays like a frantic score-attack Asteroids with four or five distinct weapons and dodging.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah at the end of August, though only digitally.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

The worst thing is that you don't have wiimotes already :colbert:

I figured I was doing :filez: backwards when I bought a DolphinBar and WiiMote. Someone still received a financial benefit!

And it was then I discovered that Skyward Sword was far from my favorite Zelda. It's the scrub tier of the 3D Zeldas. If it gets an HD Remaster on Switch it'd better have loving button-based combat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SS had excellent dungeon design. I found no problem with the combat other than the same 3D Zelda problems of it being repetitive after a while, especially with some repeated bosses. The main problems with the game were how linear and hand holding it was, not allowing the player to go off the beaten path, and reading you a description of something it just showed you constantly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kamiko is good?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

As others have said yep, especially with the left joycon. Call Nintendo and they'll fix it. If you're in the US it takes less than a week total to get it back, they're working overtime on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes, though short.

• Locked thread