Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's kinda funny you need a Fantasia to do this.

I've been Oschon since day 1 :colbert:

Though honestly, the only thing I wish I could change about my character from creation is the starting city. When my friend and I came back to the game, I forgot that Marauders were a tank class and we had both forgotten how much of the game has you playing solo at the early levels, so we didn't get to group together as much as we had initially planned on, so we both ended up starting as Lancers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/sabato__n/status/1706719931646329185?t=Cx15zl5fIxY4bsrZj6-GSw&s=19

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I don't know what would make me completely change my faith in a god, but drinking a potion that turned me into a catgirl would probably do it.

lmao

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

A failure to understand that is why you are mortal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Math God?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

oh no

he's an idiot

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I kind of hate the fact that the 12 represented at the battle of Carteneau were semi-Primals and not at least some part of the actual gods. Feels like it really takes away from it.

Also I hope Gaius shows up for the last bit of the Alliance Raids to eat his words about our gods not being real.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Did the Twelve ever actually manifest at that time? I was under the impression that they didn't due to the fact that Louisoix got tempered, despite all clear intentions otherwise.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Louisoix was indeed attempting to summon the twelve but only got an abstract manifestation because the twelve are actually existing elsewhere (Gaius was right, they WERE otherwise engaged), and also possibly because of his own hesitation with summoning an actual god-shaped god due to cultural taboos around primals

Is what i got

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
How did he ever get ahold of summoning magic, anyway?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kazy posted:

I kind of hate the fact that the 12 represented at the battle of Carteneau were semi-Primals and not at least some part of the actual gods. Feels like it really takes away from it.

Also I hope Gaius shows up for the last bit of the Alliance Raids to eat his words about our gods not being real.

Just have us and the Twelve fly over to Werlyt so we can laugh at him in front of his daughter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Morroque posted:

How did he ever get ahold of summoning magic, anyway?

the raid series in 7.0 will address this as we learn over 22 irl months that emet taught him

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mister Olympus posted:

Louisoix was indeed attempting to summon the twelve but only got an abstract manifestation because the twelve are actually existing elsewhere (Gaius was right, they WERE otherwise engaged), and also possibly because of his own hesitation with summoning an actual god-shaped god due to cultural taboos around primals

Is what i got

I think Louisoux specifically decided to modify a primal summoning ritual alongside some of his own special ideas to try and summon the real twelve, but also it was designed specifically to not summon Primals (even though it's meant to normally) because he's using it as fuel for a different spell instead of making a simulacrum of his divinities.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's also the "Hydaelyn knows she's in a time loop" position where she could have prevented the Twelve from intervening against Bahamut because she knew the 7th Calamity needed to happen.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The fact that primals weren't the actual gods or beings they were attempting to summon wasn't known at that time.

Either way, Louisoix wanted to summon a fraction of their power, not actually manifest them, as he feared that they'd behave like the primals they were used to anyways.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
My friend was just thinking the same thing the other day, actually.

"It would be really funny if we got Gaius involved for the last part of the Alliance Raid on Tuesday."

"HEY GAIUS WANNA MEET THE TWELVE?"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hey Gaius, it turns out Eorzea's gods were real

Were?

Yeah I just got done killing them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How very glib.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Meanwhile Gaius: "What are you talking about? Do you know how much cartoonishly stupid poo poo I said ten years ago? I don't keep track of it all."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What do you mean it's only been 5 years and a bit since the calamity

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do they have cartoons on Etheirys? i hope so

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

IIRC Louisoux was channeling his spell using the twelve stones with the Twelve's symbols, and the latest raid revealed that those stones are anchors for the Twelve? Unless I'm confusing it with the giant structure at the Omphalos, that would mean Louisoux was (by accident) using the power of the real Twelve to channel his spell.

Also given the implications the Twelve are less full blown deities and more like, constructs based on Ancients and primal-like (since they can get influenced by they followers) designed to maintain the elemental ecosystem and probably help after every Calamity, I'd argue Gaius would stand by his specific words about the Twelve even if he retracts the rest :v:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Countblanc posted:

do they have cartoons on Etheirys? i hope so
They got those illustrated boards for storytellers that preceded manga and anime and such, I bet.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Shark doodles in every notebook

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nessus posted:

They got those illustrated boards for storytellers that preceded manga and anime and such, I bet.

Kamishibai!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Waffleman_ posted:

What do you mean it's only been 5 years and a bit since the calamity

Also only maybe 1-ish year and some change since Gaius even gave that speech in the first place! It's been a very busy year with multiple world and universe ending calamities happening before anybodies birthday.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

FuturePastNow posted:

Hey Gaius, it turns out Eorzea's gods were real

Were?

Yeah I just got done killing them

I do think that what we have learned so far has indicated that, yes, they were indeed "otherwise engaged"

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Finally caught up on my BLU quests up to the new Carnivale fight and I have a NUMBER of questions about Martyn's magical abilities. Did this guy accidentally master like eight different schools of magic purely in aid of making himself a better Blue Mage, the pro-wrestler of jobs? I'm not really sure if he's an idiot or a genius.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

lines posted:

I'm not really sure if he's an idiot or a genius.

According to one of the times he's fought in cutscenes, he fought Sophia Extreme and won. I couldn't identify all of the spells he cracked out against Trachtoum Mistbeard, but I'm pretty sure a few of those were spells form fights he literally couldn't have even been there for.

Martyn's got a strong case for being the strongest 'normal human' in the entire game.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Martyn is like the cosmic opposite of Tataru, in terms of "What they're good at vs. What they wish they were good at"

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Yeah that comes up in like the Stormblood quests, iirc. Like, he knows the magic Gogo is using but also knows you can't normally cast those spells with Blue magery, so that's the first indication that Martyn is actually super powerful but just really likes Blue magic.

He's probably got like Y'shtola levels of sage knowledge but is just kind of inept outside of that.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Cleretic posted:

According to one of the times he's fought in cutscenes, he fought Sophia Extreme and won. I couldn't identify all of the spells he cracked out against Trachtoum Mistbeard, but I'm pretty sure a few of those were spells form fights he literally couldn't have even been there for.

Martyn's got a strong case for being the strongest 'normal human' in the entire game.

Yes, doesn't he use one which we get from the First? Much to consider.

I like the idea that he isn't even like an Ancient shard or anything like that, he realise is just a normal guy who is just Built Different. And cannot manage his finances worth poo poo.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Martyn is canonically a very skilled user of both Black and White magic going off the spells he's using.Also he's only shown to be a joke compared to the WoL whom is not a good comparison for anyone to make.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ChaseSP posted:

Martyn is canonically a very skilled user of both Black and White magic going off the spells he's using.Also he's only shown to be a joke compared to the WoL whom is not a good comparison for anyone to make.

Plus, IIRC, when Martyn does lose to the person who ends up being our opponent for the quest line, it's because they had a skillset or gimmick designed to counter him specifically. Well, not specifically, more like in Bleach where an opponent goes "What a coincidence, my power is called Exactly The Counter To Your Power"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Live 6.5 Patch Notes Reading. Japanese-only, so if you're like me, and don't speak the language, you'll have no idea what they're saying.

Still, someone has made a quick summary of Yoshi-P's comments:

• There will be a branching cutscene path in the 6.5 main quest if you have completed Eden
  • Though there are only 2 Mythology of the Realm quests, their contents are quite long.
  • If there is a lot of feedback asking for it, the team could continue to update Island Sanctuary after 7.0
  • Plans for major "Lifestyle"-type content in 7.0, similar to Island Sanctuary.
  • There are plans underway in 7.0 to be able to change the interior of a house to remove the columns, or to change the size of the interior.
  • For the 7.0 Unreals, it's possible that Endwalker level 90 fights could be updated for level 100.
  • Yoshida says he thinks there will be a large number of jobs that will have new rotations and actions added in 7.0.
  • Patch 6.51 will release in late October after London fanfest, 6.55 in mid-January.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

Still, someone has made a quick summary of Yoshi-P's comments:

There will be a branching cutscene path in the 6.5 main quest if you have completed Eden

Oh, that makes me hopeful that they'll actually acknowledge Gaia this time, unlike during 6.0's MSQ.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

For the 7.0 Unreals, it's possible that Endwalker level 90 fights could be updated for level 100.

This feels quite unexpected to me? Like, what about the StB and ShB fights?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

there's no rule that says they can't jump between expansions for unreals

lines
Aug 18, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

there's no rule that says they can't jump between expansions for unreals

Very true - I guess it depends what the design goals for them are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Job Action trailer would probably be at EU, right?