Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know how sometimes you see a garbage person who does horrible things and you just think "man... that human being there is suffering, and they need help?"

Yeah I don't feel any of that with Lowtax. He can absolutely go gently caress himself on the tallest pole he can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ol Dicky "sweaty toes" Yanka

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Getting real rambling Trump vibes from that transcript

LaughingWallaby
Mar 29, 2020

Stalin-Chan posted:

yeah im not ok with him making money but i really dont think there's anything else to do about it, that's probably what is going to happen regardless

if he doesnt sell it he still stands to make money regardless, this is a strong point

I'm not so sure. I think he stands to make a lot more money by selling to Jeffrey than to some other soulless third party that just looks at this site as a set of numbers like "2000 daily active users" or something like that.

I see Lowtax as essentially holding some kind of intangible like "forums culture" hostage. He's going to try to get as much money as he can for "preserving" the culture of the site by not interfering with it before/during the sale.

The implicit threat here is that he could ruin the site's culture in less than a day just by going on some kind of permaban spree, or just by installing bad (worse?) mods. So Jeffery or someone else will have to pay him extra money to preserve the existing culture of the forums, just so that he doesn't raze it all down out of pettiness.

I dunno, maybe i'm looking at it from a more jaded perspective than everyone here, but I can't see lowtax doing anything more the scummiest thing possible, which is basically the stuff i've said above.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SalTheBard posted:

They accuse of her being like Mr. Lahey from Trailer Park Boys

They continue to read Logan's Facebook where she recanted everything. Dick says that it's actually Logan who is evil for accusing Lowtax of this stuff. He also says that Goons that have turned their backs on Lowtax are similarly evil.

They ask if Logan's post made everything go away (sarcastically). Lowtax then starts talking about the internet hate mob telling Logan that she was gaslit. Lowtax hates that word and thinks it's over used.

They then start talking about why Lowtax sold the forums. He says that Jeffery's offer is "Cheap for what it is but enough for me to start actually doing something else. I don't know what the gently caress I"m going to do because I'm a college drop out"

Dick then tells Lowtax to start an only fan. Dick then starts reading Logan's text's to Lowtax from "that night"

They are pretty much mocking her through out the text messages. Logan says that "she loves smelling Lowtax and that she thinks about ending her own life" (I'm sorry the texts are a little confusing and it's also hard to listen to.) Lowtax is saying that he was in so much pain and was one day from an epidural so he was in so much pain that he couldn't do anything. Logan then sent a text message that said "Coward, I'm not even a trophy to you, I just make sure you have Gatorade. I wish you found me attractive at least :-/" Lowtax says this happened while he was sleeping. "I wish some entity would just strike me dead where I stand" The hosts continue to mock a Woman having a mental crisis. Logan than texted "It sucks when you are just like "Hahah you dumb oval office gently caress you." It hurts bad every single time." to Lowtax. Sean says that that is what Logan hears when Lowtax asks her "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Your suffering is not like mine when I'm alone and want to die" Dick then says "Lowtax WHAT ARE YOU GETTING YOURSELF INVOLVED WITH?!" and Lowtax says "Single white female" They continue with Logans texts "I really feel compelled to go to the hospital, why don't you be my friend right now?" "Your lucky that you have a spine condition, at least people care, unlike for me." Dick then says "Yeah I've heard females say that before." They continue with texts "You have gotten help every time you've needed while I've had to beg for it." Sean and Dick both agree that this is because Logan has driven everyone away from her. The hosts keep calling her insane over and over.

They continue to read her texts and they are paraphrasing. She apparently calls Lowtax "Sir" and Lowtax thought that was really strange. Lowtax talks about his epidural

The next day (the day after the alleged abuse). Lowtax gave Logan permission to come back to the house while he arranged for her to get a plane ticket because "I didn't just want to kick her out." Both hosts think that is exactly what he should've done, Lowtax agrees, but says he didn't because he's dumb. "I'm just gullible!"

Lowtax just wants love. He says that when you are in nerve pain you aren't thinking straight. He does say "I know have some responsibility for the choices I've made." Dick tells him "THAT IS VICTIM MENTALITY! " They then make some stupid jokes from there. Lowtax says there is no reason to physically assault someone in a relationship.

They continue to read text messages, this one from Lowtax to Logan "You have a key to the house you can come over and get the rest of your stuff assuming you are sober. You do not come downstairs and you do not instigate any physical contact with me." Logan responded "Can we talk about this" "I don't have a car can you call me an uber?" "Can you keep me on the phone plan until I get back to Salt Lake City?" Both of the hosts are just floored by these reasonable requests.

The hosts don't understand why the forums are in revolt. Dick says (sarcastically talking about SA) "Women need protection! Well not this one!" Lowtax starts to talk about victim mentality. He says that Logan has no right to call herself a victim when she was the one drinking. He didn't know she was addicted to alcohol when he invited her to come live with him. Logan texts something that ended with calling Lowtax Sir. Lowtax responded "Don't call me Sir!" Both hosts comment on how she isn't respecting Lowtax's boundaries with that. Logan continues "What other rules do I need to know? I don't know what else to call you." They keep reading texts. They all say they don't want to play the phone calls on air, because the text messages are so cut and dry.

The forums are the ones that are enabling the abuse for Logan because we have all secretly hated Lowtax for years. Lowtax is worried that Logan is going to start drinking because she knows she can do stuff.

The hosts are incredulous that all the Goons have turned on Lowtax. Lowtax says that people secretly support him but don't want to speak out publicly. "Allegations are just allegations. I've talked to people who know her in real life." Lowtax says that Logan has abused an ex in the past who is scared of her. He wishes people had warned him about Logan before Logan came over.

Dick says that people can be different around friends then in relationships.

Lowtax says that all of this started with her being physical with him and that he can't believe people are still saying "GASLIGHTING"

Dick says that everyone hates Something Awful because of all the liberals on here. Kiwi Farm especially. SA is as left as it gets. We are super liberal here. Dick says that Lowtax is stuck between two warring houses, the SUPER LIBERAL Something Awful and the Super Conservative Kiwi Farm and we are both united in hating him. Lowtax says that he gives Kiwi Farm because it only took them 22 years to get him removed from SA.

Dick says we are keyed up for justice. Lowtax says that the people in this thread are the vocal minority of posters. He says this situation is complicated and that people are manipulating the information to make the person we don't like look worse.

Dick says that everyone is a little bit guilty when it comes to domestic situations

Dick then talks about the text message to Lowtax's daughter, Lowtax says that text message is news to him. Sean can't believe this and says "Can you imagine having the worst moments of your life brought public"

Dick thinks that Lowtax is going to get the site back after we read the text messages. Lowtax says he disagrees with a lot of the Goons, and a lot of us only "think we know what happened" Sean says "I don't get the digging of the heels in when evidence to the contrary is presented." Sean rants about this for a few minutes. Sean thinks we should say "Sorry we jumped the gun, our bad!" They compare this to the OJ trial where Mark Furman saying the "N word" was enough to get OJ off. I'm not sure how they connect

Lowtax says the internet isn't fun anymore.

Lowtax says he isn't losing the site, because the left hates him, the right hates him, his ex's hate him. Lowtax is choosing to step down to keep the community intact. He's passing it on to someone else.

Sean wants to know if Lowtax is over estimating people leaving, Dick interjects that we owe him an apology.

:siren: Lowtax mentions that his patrean has gone from $8k a month down to $1k :siren:

Lowtax says that he thinks the majority would leave. Dick says "That bitch did you dirty!" Sean wants to know if Lowtax is paying alimony. Dick says that alimony was measured at it's peak and that Lowtax is hosed. Lowtax says that it's not even called Alimony it's called Maintenance and Dick thinks this is hilarious. Dick wants to talk to Lowtax about divorce court sometime. Lowtax says Divorce Court is highly stacked against the man.

Thats pretty much the end. Lowtax says that he knows this won't change anyone's minds. Dick thinks that Lowtax should just post the texts, go offline for a week. Lowtax (correctly) says that it won't change anything. The people who hate him will hate him regardless. Dick takes back his comment. Lowtax says he's unemployed and SA is dead.

EDIT: Holy poo poo Lowtax "If everyone tears down statues racism will be solved!" I don't know how they started talking about this.

Hey thanks for this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I will be honest, I don't think there is a 3rd party that would want this site.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus I'm just going to delete my post and replace it with yours.

Oh hi no, please don't! I didn't have a chance to look back over the thread, and your summary is great. Made me laugh! Full disclosure: I wrote this whole thing out not because I thought the world was crying out for it, but because I was confined in a small space to sit very quietly with just my laptop for about 4 hours. So. I confess, a bit perverse.

EDIT: This is for SalTheBard and general opinion, and in a small way very important I think. I left out all of the texts Lowtax handed over to them and they read aloud and savaged, because it was so personal, raw, and at least, not SO FAR public. I only kept the KF, FB posts and stuff that I've seen posted and discussed ITT. Worth considering I think? Snipping out all of that?

QueenAnnesDead fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 29, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Barudak posted:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
a big thanks to both SaltheBard and QueenAnnesDead.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Who What Now posted:

Getting real rambling Trump vibes from that transcript

Now that you mention it, for as much as that Lowtax mocked Trump, he sure loving acts like him:
* Abusive to women
* Malignant narcissist
* Grifter to end all grifters
* Pathological liar
* Spends money on gaudy, ostentatious bullshit because he literally can't control himself
* Into women half his age
* Rich parents
* Doesn't actually do anything for a living other than exist and blab on the internet
* Inexplicably poor and wealthy at the same time (so the grift can continue)
* Obvious substance abuse issues that he lies about constantly

Sounds about right to me. There are probably more parallels but gross.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 29, 2020

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Lowtax sells the site to Jeffrey and no sooner has he signed the deed than his phone rings and it’s Buzzfeed offering to buy SA for $250,000,000

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Phil Layshow posted:

a big thanks to both SaltheBard and QueenAnnesDead.

Not an emptyquote, toetax sucks

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Now that you mention it, for as much as that Lowtax mocked Trump, he sure loving acts like him:
* Abusive to women
* Malignant narcissist
* Pathological liar
* Spends money on gaudy, ostentatious bullshit because he literally can't control himself
* Into women half his age.

Don’t forget inexplicably poor and rich at the same time.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
perma lowtax, close the site, make another forum

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Applewhite posted:

Don’t forget inexplicably poor and rich at the same time.

Added along with a couple others.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Anybody who gives lowtax money is enabling his abuse of his next victims

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

QueenAnnesDead posted:

EDIT: This is for SalTheBard and general opinion, and in a small way very important I think. I left out all of the texts Lowtax handed over to them and they read aloud and savaged, because it was so personal, raw, and at least, not SO FAR public. I only kept the KF, FB posts and stuff that I've seen posted and discussed ITT. Worth considering I think? Snipping out all of that?

Yeah I guess I didn't think about that. At this point my post has been quoted several times so I don't know that it would really matter :( But yeah I agree 100% that those texts are texts from a person who was suffering a mental health crisis and the only person she could confide in was her abuser.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Zeta Acosta posted:

Your "new forum" would get maybe ten people and die in a month. This is the problem with the logic of the "make a new forum" crowd: it's not going to happen.

Perma lowtax, purge the complicit staff, maintain these forums.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I wish Jeffrey of YOSPOS would chime in.

Now would be a good time for the new leadership to comment.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

D1E posted:

Just my two cents here but Jeffrey is probably doing everything he can not to piss off Lowtax until the transfer is complete.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
just wanna say that i hadn't seen "toetax" until i popped in here for the transcripts. it's pretty good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

D1E posted:

It's Sunday. Like all decent people, he's in church.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

* Abusive to women
* Malignant narcissist
* Pathological liar
* Into women half his age
* Rich parents
* Doesn't actually do anything for a living other than exist and blab on the internet
* Inexplicably poor and wealthy at the same time (so the grift can continue)
* Obvious substance abuse issues that he lies about constantly

At the very least Lowtax isn't attracted to his daughter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

That we know of

Eeeeugh......

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lowtax is Trump.

gently caress Lowtax.

gently caress Trump.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Perfect.

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even if you can't ban Dick Yanker's account, can't he just give Jeffrey his passwords? Boom done. Change password, park account until the forum is unfucked enough to operate normally. Then, when SA is up and running like, you know, a post-2000 website, the whole forum has a big "gently caress OFF LOWTAX" ceremony where the account is nuked and all posts deleted forever.

If Lowtax can't be separated effectively from SA in any meaningful way, then SA should just be loving deleted.

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

:monocle:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Thanks QueenAnnesDead for your service.

For anyone who doesn't want to read through the whole transcript or even the few summaries already posted, here's the gist of Rich's defense:

QueenAnnesDead posted:

when she wasn’t drinking
when she starts drinking,
You should not be mixing large amounts of alcohol...
she’s an alcoholic
she swore she’d stop drinking!
she started drinking upstairs….
But I can tell when she’s been drinking,
the moment she starts drinking,
you know, women who start drinking,
when alcohol mixes with anti-psychotic medication,
when you choose to drink alcohol
are you a victim because you chose to begin drinking
you just assume they’re not drinking I guess
And she’ll continue drinking,

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2Rde7wnyA

Come add some fun!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930604

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Goldmine

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah I guess I didn't think about that. At this point my post has been quoted several times so I don't know that it would really matter :( But yeah I agree 100% that those texts are texts from a person who was suffering a mental health crisis and the only person she could confide in was her abuser.

That makes sense about the quotes, thanks for the chat all the same

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

LastGoodBoy posted:

I wasn't in the military, but I was an arborist, so I know what you mean.

Have you defended your support for the chud host yet?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Who What Now posted:

Blargh.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Barudak posted:

its not worth what people think it is, it's a novelty, it's a god drat internet forum it has no future it's literally a thing that is in it's downhill slide not a valuable asset to invest in, but what the hell do i know

all its value is in the pure novelty of it and scrapping some ad revenue off us

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Also quoting this yet again

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

G.A.P.O. posted:

If Lowtax can't be separated effectively from SA in any meaningful way, then SA should just be loving deleted.

search and replace “lowtax” with “dickhead420” in the code

bam problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Eason the Fifth posted:

Post ur worst opinions here at the end of all things

1) Marmite is Actually Good (but mostly with butter)

2) 10 Years a Slave is Passion of the Christ for neoliberals

3) lowtax's doom comic book review made me laugh c. 2000

I made a pizza with broccoli, and it turned out to be very tasty. The broccoli was bbqd though.