Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Anyone watch the inspirational and aspirational "How to live mortgage free" program? If not, care to guess what the number one way of achieving the goal is? Loaded land-owning parents! Shocking, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

Anyone watch the inspirational and aspirational "How to live mortgage free" program? If not, care to guess what the number one way of achieving the goal is? Loaded land-owning parents! Shocking, I know.

It's such a farce.

Anabellete has been renting and wasting money. She is a part time dog walker and aspiring actress. She has a budget of 800 grand 😂

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

SEX BURRITO posted:

Forgot League of Gentlemen season one had a laugh track. There's one extremely annoying audience member who sounds like a honking goose when he laughs.

It's great to watch it again after all these years though. Forgot how genuinely gruesome and disturbing it could be.

It's Jeremy Dyson's Dad! Seriously, it says in the commentary.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I just finished watching Babylon. A lot late to the party but I thought it was fantastic. What was the consensus back when it was on air? I loved how it went from being pretty darkly funny in the first few episodes to being just straight-up grim by the end.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ineptmule posted:

I just finished watching Babylon. A lot late to the party but I thought it was fantastic. What was the consensus back when it was on air? I loved how it went from being pretty darkly funny in the first few episodes to being just straight-up grim by the end.

I'm not sure about at the time, but it's loving great still. I always use it as the example of how much you can do with a limited run. It does more in 7 episodes than most shows can do in a full 12 or 24 week season.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I can't really remember much of it now, but I remember that I thought it was good.

e: it's got Nick Blood in it, I always remember he does a good job in it but I never remember his name

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 28, 2017

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Did anyone bother with Little Boy Blue?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I think we've reached peak BBC3

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blue Star Error posted:

I think we've reached peak BBC3

Roll up, roll up.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I see surviving gunshot wounds these days is not enough, now only the kids will think you are cool if you cut off your knob.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

I see surviving gunshot wounds these days is not enough, now only the kids will think you are cool if you cut off your knob.
As liberal as I am with my kids and telling them what to do wrt drugs, I think I'm probably going to impress upon them that they really shouldn't do PCP, it seems to lead to far too many people cutting off and eating their own body parts.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Bape Culture posted:

It's such a farce.

Anabellete has been renting and wasting money. She is a part time dog walker and aspiring actress. She has a budget of 800 grand 😂

In the first episode a model went over budget so she went and did some work to make up the rest. What a trooper!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Akuma posted:

As liberal as I am with my kids and telling them what to do wrt drugs, I think I'm probably going to impress upon them that they really shouldn't do PCP, it seems to lead to far too many people cutting off and eating their own body parts.

I can't remember what it was from, but there was a documentary where a couple under the influence of PCP or something along the lines tore out their loving teeth with pliers. Find them that, that pretty much is an image you can never get out your head.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I used to work with a dude who removed a tooth himself with pliers because he didn't want to wait for a dentist. But he also robbed a bank so it's fair to say he would be an edge case.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Lemon posted:

I used to work with a dude who removed a tooth himself with pliers because he didn't want to wait for a dentist. But he also robbed a bank so it's fair to say he would be an edge case.

That dude sounds like a loving badass.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Line of Duty finale tonight. I just binged my way through the series. My money is on Huntley didn't kill Ifield, but she is covering for whoever did

Rondette fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 30, 2017

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Did anyone bother with Little Boy Blue?

everyone at work did and said it was p good/upsetting but they're generally a bunch of maudlin scousers/pseudoscousers with no taste in television so ymmv

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

XMNN posted:

everyone at work did and said it was p good/upsetting but they're generally a bunch of maudlin scousers/pseudoscousers with no taste in television so ymmv

It's decent, but the fake scouse accents are absolutely horrible. I swear directors even make actual scousers over-do their accent.

Rondette posted:

Line of Duty finale tonight. I just binged my way through the series. My money is on Huntley didn't kill Ifield, but she is covering for whoever did

I'm waiting until the last episode is out to binge-watch, because while Line of Duty is total shlock, it's great shlock. From what people are saying so far it seems like s4 has kept up the quality. Can't wait to binge it myself.

Someone a while back mentioned that it was better in the first season before it became so sensationalist. Personally, I much prefer the absolutely insane drama to the more bland generic slightly fascist BBC/ITV crime drama feel of season one.

cosmically_cosmic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 30, 2017

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Spoiler alert: "H" stands for HBuckells:argh:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

cosmically_cosmic posted:

I'm waiting until the last episode is out to binge-watch, because while Line of Duty is total shlock, it's great shlock. From what people are saying so far it seems like s4 has kept up the quality. Can't wait to binge it myself.

Someone a while back mentioned that it was better in the first season before it became so sensationalist. Personally, I much prefer the absolutely insane drama to the more bland generic slightly fascist BBC/ITV crime drama feel of season one.

Absolutely, while nothing is (surely? who knows!) ever going to top URGENT EXIT REQUIRED, it's so much more fun when it's balls out insane.

Latest episode: Hastings was excellent with that shot in the lobby. I can't help but feel they're setting up him to be more connected than we think though.

I liked these juxtapositions at the end of the episode as well:

http://imgur.com/gApDHjH

http://imgur.com/j2bCnoQ

http://imgur.com/KoOO2EB

Which supports the spoilered part above.

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 1, 2017

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Which is the more depressing - Cookdandbombd or Digital Spy?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Taear posted:

It's Jeremy Dyson's Dad! Seriously, it says in the commentary.

That's amazing! I love finding out weird little facts about TV shows.

No more Car Share. Not even a Christmas special. :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that is a pretty much depressing ending, the one where the show just gets axed without a conclusion is always the worst one.

Sibboleth
Jul 10, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm not sure about at the time, but it's loving great still. I always use it as the example of how much you can do with a limited run. It does more in 7 episodes than most shows can do in a full 12 or 24 week season.

The insane rant about a Perspex Death Star - brilliant.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well that is a pretty much depressing ending, the one where the show just gets axed without a conclusion is always the worst one.

I don't think it was axed, Peter Kaye made the decision to stop it while the going was good a la Fawlty Towers.

But he's been quoted as saying.....

quote:

Kay revealed: "I love Phoenix Nights and I would love to go back. I've got a lot of ideas about Phoenix Nights. In fact there's a whole series three been written for about 15 years but so many things get in the way in life like touring and being a father. Real life continues and Car Share takes about a year to make and edit."

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Maddy McCann documentary on tonight :allears:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Disgusting Coward posted:

Which is the more depressing - Cookdandbombd or Digital Spy?

10 years ago Cookdandbombd content was pages on pages of 'M..m..m...monkey cheese :qq:'. There was a really great write up of why Ever Decreasing Circles was The Best Comedy though. What's it like now?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not directly TV, but everyone is going to go see Mindhorn, right?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BizarroAzrael posted:

I turned down free tickets, because I've already seen the Alan Partridge movie

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rondette posted:

I don't think it was axed, Peter Kaye made the decision to stop it while the going was good a la Fawlty Towers.

But he's been quoted as saying.....

Ah well, fair enough. I was assuming it was the usual bollocks for an interesting BBC3 show being axed. It was good fun while it lasted.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I turned down free tickets, because I've already seen the Alan Partridge movie

Yeah, I hope it's good and all but it looks like 'British Millennial Comedy Tropes : The Movie' from the trailers.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Maddy McCann documentary on tonight :allears:

The GBS Maddie thread was insane. Didn't it go on for about 4 years?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Chop Sunni posted:

10 years ago Cookdandbombd content was pages on pages of 'M..m..m...monkey cheese :qq:'. There was a really great write up of why Ever Decreasing Circles was The Best Comedy though. What's it like now?

Seems to be thirty or forty middle aged mentally ill people engaging in ancestral slapfights and getting furious at each other over things posted, like, eight years ago. Well bonkers.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Isn't it run by a goon? I recognised a couple of user names and the Baby/Stupid Newbie thing is familiar.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like the Maigret series the ITV's been doing with Rowan Atkinson but I've never seen the one the ITV did about 25 years ago with Michael Gambon - is it any good?

Further, how are the Lord Peter Wimsey adaptations from the BBC with Ian Carmichael and Edward Petherbridge?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

SEX BURRITO posted:

To be fair a few of the papers have done their best to keep it going for the full ten years, and have managed to do so with less human dignity than GBSFYAD.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SEX BURRITO posted:

To be fair, it was four years of jokes about her parents killing her.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Flatscan posted:

To be fair, it was four years of jokes about her parents killing her.

Which they definitely did.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm seeing it on Wednesday. I'm optimistic but it sounds like a solidly 65% "It's fine" sort of film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Taear posted:

I'm seeing it on Wednesday. I'm optimistic but it sounds like a solidly 65% "It's fine" sort of film.

I'll go see it if it gets released in European cinemas, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.