Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fabulousity posted:

Didn't he let a bunch of nuns get raped and killed too?

Hard to say if the Haley's Comet quote is the product of a wrecked mind or some sort of sly commentary on mass media consumption in the 80s.

The Lincoln Bedroom thing must've been from Nancy. lol at the wife of social conservatives' god is a fortune telling witch who can supposedly suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

That nun rape incident happened in 1979 under Carter's presidency but Reagan threw the CIA and fucktons of military aid into the El Salvadoran civil war that blew up because "oh gently caress Commies"

He was not making a joke about mass media about Halleys Comet. He had the same attention span and level of curiosity as our current Lol in Chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Reagan was not bright at all but he had infinitely more focus even near the end of his presidency than Trump has ever had in his life. I don't remember Reagan ever trailing off into gibberish but that's been a signature Trump thing through his entire career.

e: here he is at age 80, put him next to any lengthy unscripted Trump recording and just lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HM60M7Kgvs

and this is REAGAN, brain dripping with alzheimer's, at age 80

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 26, 2017

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Reagan was a truly heinous piece of poo poo and there was a time when I thought we couldn't possibly sink lower as a society. Joke's on me, I guess. At least I'll be dead soon, sorry about the rest of y'all fuckers.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think Reagan was also one of the most popular presidents?

Double the dementia and idiocy equals double the popularity :downs:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Reagan was evil and stupid, but he had gobs of charm. Trump is an abrasive clod, just a really uncouth nouveau riche piece of poo poo :monocle:

e: even though he was born filthy rich you'd never know it

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

Lol Montana has 1 house seat. California has 53.

Both get two seats in the Senate though :argh:

And their votes for president are counted three extra times :-)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Pretend I'm singing that jingle

"It could only be Ja-reeeeed!" lol

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868047480847568896

millions of jobs and billions of dollars. see what happens when you touch orbs! sick of winning!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
And more stuff from G7... Donnie is yet again agreeing with the last person he spoke to. Now he says Brexit is an "incident, not a trend" and is behind the EU: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/26/eus-donald-tusk-says-trump-agrees-brexit-is-an-incident-not-a-trend

I'd feel sorry for Theresa May, if she wasn't Thatcher's ghost wearing skin sloughed from the freshly dead body of a school inspector.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Keith Atherton posted:

I posted some Reagan lols a few days ago. Here are a few more:

1/71986

President Reagan begins his 33rd press conference by calling the Vienna airport "Vietnam International", calls 11 year old terrorist victim Natasha Simpson "Marsha Simpson" and says Qaddafi is "not only a barbarian but he's flaky"

1/15/1986

President Reagan is asked if he intends to see Halley's Comet. "If it's a choice between sleeping or seeing it," he replies, "I'll wait and see it on television."

4/9/1986

President Reagan says he rarely quotes William F. Buckley, Jr., "Because he uses too big a words."

10/22/1986

"I was in such a hurry, I wrote my last name first."

- President Reagan, after after signing his tax reform bill "Reagan Ronald"

2/12/1987

President Reagan tells a group of junior high students about how Rex barks in front of Lincoln's bedroom and won't go in, which makes the President think Lincoln's ghost is in there. "Well," he says, "I guess that's enough of a history lesson here for today."

Please keep posting these, they are awesome. The ghost history lesson was just lmao.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Plavski posted:

And more stuff from G7... Donnie is yet again agreeing with the last person he spoke to. Now he says Brexit is an "incident, not a trend" and is behind the EU: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/26/eus-donald-tusk-says-trump-agrees-brexit-is-an-incident-not-a-trend

I'd feel sorry for Theresa May, if she wasn't Thatcher's ghost wearing skin sloughed from the freshly dead body of a school inspector.

People who believed even a single word coming out of Jebediah's orange mouth hole were always idiots, can't say I feel to bad about it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

What is it with American doctors going mental and getting into politics?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

The hardest part would be the perfect title. For me, anyway.

PRESIDENT PISS TAPE [GONE WRONG][SEXUAL][IN THE HOOD]

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jel Shaker posted:

What is it with American doctors going mental and getting into politics?

ask donny jebediah trump, hes a doctor PHD type guy

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So in Montana, if the new congressman goes to jail for six months for assault like anyone who wasn't a billionaire would, do they have to hold another special election?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Moving to Montana soon
Going to be a reporter-hitting tycoon

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Random Stranger posted:

So in Montana, if the new congressman goes to jail for six months for assault like anyone who wasn't a billionaire would, do they have to hold another special election?

Nah the legislature will just make assault legal for that one guy

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Seriously Montana. You only get one house seat because it's obvious you can't be responsible with it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I want to thank Montana for making Texas seem halfway civil

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I think my favorite thing about Gianforte winning is the same thing I liked about DeVos winning: they are now going to have a life of non-stop scrutiny and aggravation instead of just enjoying life with their riches like normal people would enjoy.

So think about how mad this big babby got when being asked if he supports the new healthcare bill. He couldn't even handle that! Now imagine him being asked ACTUAL questions. This buffoon is going to have a loving brain aneurism if he gets asked about budget proposals or something.

He probably had his rear end kissed his entire life and had nobody question him or give him poo poo- he was the boss, after all. He somehow thinks that this is the old days where nobody questioned public officials; kinda like when police officers used to get away with poo poo before video cameras became cheap and small.

Him and DeVos are two people that could have just rode off the rest of their golden years enjoying an easy life where virtually everyone liked them, and no one really knew or cared who they were. You know how celebrities always say they of course love the money but hate being in the public and being harassed all day? These people did the opposite: they were already rich, and said to themselves "you know what I need in my life? ~50% of the population hating my loving guts and constant stress and scrutiny but if I can privatize some schools and cut Medicaid a bit it will allllll be worth it".

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jestery posted:

I keep saying to you guys submit to the glow and pleasent hum of the orb. My life has become divine labour since I prostrated myself before the orb and begged to be clean.

Orb-shallah

word up, my friend

word... up.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Egbert Souse posted:

Moving to Montana soon
Going to be a reporter-hitting tycoon
If a reporter comes at me there's only going to be 2 scoops:
1) Me scooping the reporter off his feet with a precision leg sweep executed by my flawless glistening hard body
2) The EMTs scooping his broken body off the floor while he tweets with his free hand

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

do u know jenny posted:

I think my favorite thing about Gianforte winning is the same thing I liked about DeVos winning: they are now going to have a life of non-stop scrutiny and aggravation instead of just enjoying life with their riches like normal people would enjoy.

So think about how mad this big babby got when being asked if he supports the new healthcare bill. He couldn't even handle that! Now imagine him being asked ACTUAL questions. This buffoon is going to have a loving brain aneurism if he gets asked about budget proposals or something.

He probably had his rear end kissed his entire life and had nobody question him or give him poo poo- he was the boss, after all. He somehow thinks that this is the old days where nobody questioned public officials; kinda like when police officers used to get away with poo poo before video cameras became cheap and small.

Him and DeVos are two people that could have just rode off the rest of their golden years enjoying an easy life where virtually everyone liked them, and no one really knew or cared who they were. You know how celebrities always say they of course love the money but hate being in the public and being harassed all day? These people did the opposite: they were already rich, and said to themselves "you know what I need in my life? ~50% of the population hating my loving guts and constant stress and scrutiny but if I can privatize some schools and cut Medicaid a bit it will allllll be worth it".

Speaking of DeVos, I don't recall seeing her house loled at yet

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/867775990012837888

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

First they came for the Columbia J school grads

quote:

Taking a page from Trump’s playbook, Gianforte regularly made fun of East Coast reporters on the campaign trail to gin up his supporters. Indeed, his altercation Wednesday night was widely laughed off by attendees at his Election Day party, as they stared — some angrily — at the gathered press. When Gianforte apologized to the reporter he assaulted in his speech at the end of the night, an attendee yelled that he was forgiven, as others shook their head, expressing the opinion that he shouldn't have to apologize.

Earlier in the evening, the media-hatred was even a punchline of supporters’ jokes.

Eyeing a reporter’s press badge skeptically just after polls closed, one attendee explained, “We’re looking for the right press to flip off.” Then she laughed and walked away.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/26/montana-special-election-takeaways-238848?cmpid=sf

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer

do u know jenny posted:

You forget these people are sociopaths and are loving every minute

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

euthy posted:

I don't chokeslam people that I love though, generally

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Smirr posted:

Speaking of DeVos, I don't recall seeing her house loled at yet

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/867775990012837888

lol, that is stupid looking.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Forgot to add: eat the rich

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eat the house

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
When you think about it, that house eats the rich every day.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Maybe the press should start its own miliita. Just spitballing some ideas here.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
lmao that Donny Two Scoops' greatest contribution to the US of A is going to be shithead politicians realizing they no longer having to hide that they want to choke out journos and rub their weiners on another man's wife because they'll still get elected while people cheer them on.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lmao can you even imagine the laws that would be put in place if some shithead politician got cold cocked? Coming within ten feet of them would get you the death penalty.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

euthy posted:

I'm pretty sure that sociopaths don't love to be told they're pieces of poo poo or to have their egos threatened in any way. The only thing keeping Donny Jumbo Shrimp Trump from having a literal stroke or launching the nukes is the fact that everybody at the White House hides negative press from him. A sociopath isn't going to change their behavior or their overinflated opinion of their own greatness, but they probably don't like being reminded constantly what a fuckhead they are by millions of people.

The only thing they'll love is getting petty revenge by stripping people of their civil rights and health care.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I am almost certain it was a fever dream, but I swear the news yesterday had a minor piece on a rumor that D. Jimbo Trump & Melania had signed divorce papers and were preparing to file them, then he won the election. That's why she won't touch him or physically be in the same state if she can avoid it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Plavski posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868047480847568896

millions of jobs and billions of dollars. see what happens when you touch orbs! sick of winning!

trump is gonna save billions by not sending troops to europe when russia invades

he will create millions of jobs when we eventually have to reluctantly go to war

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Seriously Montana. You only get one house seat because it's obvious you can't be responsible with it.

I was listening to some interviews of people on NPR and :lol: at some of those people. One woman said it was a load of hogwash and probably made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

paul_soccer10 posted:

I hope no impeachment for at least a couple years

I don't think there will be any impeachment, ever, because the Republicans will forever control all branches of government! If you really think about it, American voters have basically given up and don't much care anymore, and Democrats are simply too incompetent and elitist to win majorities in the future. They will probably just continue to achieve notable minority status in Congress while looking down their noses at those Trumpian oafs, confused by their constant victories.

This has all come about because of the Democratic Party's abandonment of their traditional support of working people; the Clinton administration began the soft wandering into the conservative camp, and it has continued with reckless abandonment ever sense. Even hapless American voters have caught on and couldn't be bothered to give any shits about Hillary Clinton. She was clearly a Wall Street shill hell-bent on personal enrichment and glorification, just as narcissistic as Trump (albeit less of a jackass). When the news of the DNC's complete betrayal of the progressives spread, the Democratic Party essentially became a dead shell.

Oh, the news will continue to promote the entertaining drama of a "two-party system," but we all know it is really just one party. There is no successful opposition party any longer.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that this economic system is destined to collapse; there is no good outcome for capitalist economies, and technology will eventually press labor to the breaking point. That is when real change happens; rural poverty will realize it isn't much different than urban poverty, and out come the guillotines!

LOVE,
VITALIS