Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Dorroile posted:

Dirk, no. Don't be an enabler in their quest to be huge tools. :(

I get the feeling he's chasing them around, trying to get them to stop.

He's probably not, but hey, it's more hilarious than the alternative. Just add Benny Hill music and sit back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Dorroile posted:

Dirk, no. Don't be an enabler in their quest to be huge tools. :(

Better to be a huge tool than a huge wet blanket :colbert:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was hoping there would be some fallout from fefeta exploding, from the sprites or from roxy :mad:

Oh well, maybe it'll still happen.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's even more hilarious when the music doesn't even load the first time. And by hilarious, I mean unsettling and disturbing. :stare:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

There's supposed to be music?

EDIT: :stonk:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just got the Sweet Bro and Helpful Jeff book in the mail.

It reeks of stinky cheese.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Isizzlehorn posted:

Hell, screw just Troll anatomy. With all the time that has passed.. where/when in the blue hell is everyone finding the time to poop?

Then again, a common problem of comics in general. Nobody ever goes poop.

I actually wrote up a real dumb theory about the characters' superhuman endurance, a while back. Specifically the post was talking about Karkat's weeks-long sleeplessness, but I'll confess that earlier drafts touched on the idea of a 'bladder meter', which would cover your concerns nicely.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

I actually wrote up a real dumb theory about the characters' superhuman endurance, a while back. Specifically the post was talking about Karkat's weeks-long sleeplessness, but I'll confess that earlier drafts touched on the idea of a 'bladder meter', which would cover your concerns nicely.

Hey, we're talking alpha/beta builds of Sburb/Sgrub here! I'm betting pooping just hasn't been implemented yet, we probably have to wait for it to be added in a patch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unlike the Homestuck and Problem Sleuth books which lose a certain something in their transition to print, I think I can safely say that this book is the definitive way to experience Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Also my commemorative coin says I'm a winner. :3:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Slime posted:

Hey, we're talking alpha/beta builds of Sburb/Sgrub here! I'm betting pooping just hasn't been implemented yet, we probably have to wait for it to be added in a patch.

Maybe it's like SS13 where there was a poop command for a while but it got too gross because getting shti everywhere so people couldn't stop slipping on it was a legitimate strategy so the devs removed it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Despite the fact that I ordered standard shipping, my SBaHJ book has arrived. The front is not shiny, except for one part shaped like a coffee stain and another part next to that one that says "woopps". The heads side of my commemorative coin has Hella Jeff looking back in a car, while the other side has the words "GATEWAY・TO・SUCCESS" bordering around the word ATTITUDE in stylized lettering. The first page displays the following. (Is there a way to center this?)

quote:

copeyright© for the
WOLD DINSEY COROPATION

all legal isseus should be taken up with an
ATTORNET AT LAW!!!
do not break the law, antillectual thefts
are probibited by untitied state judiciary.

sweet brow, hella jeromy, squirrels, there
large asses, and more, our patent
protected trademerks owne by a business
man. do NOT gently caress with him, under penalty
of jail time, maybe.

ISBN - haha what

The author's notes are in red and all lowercase, though devoid of spelling errors. Here's one.

quote:

author notes about the
big man.

the big man plays
basket ball in the nba.
sometimes this is known
as shooting hoops. he is
based off of a very tall
african american good
at sports who is nobody
in specific. but we all
aspire to be. he wants
us to practice safe sex
and be good at dunks.
the end.

The pocket edition a laminated piece of paper with every SBaHJ comic printed on it. The paper is normally sized, so the comics are tiny. On the back of the book, the scratch and sniff sticker is weird. It smells really strongly of something. Something spicy, maybe? It's got a certain je ne sais quoi. The tony hawk sticker is shiny. If you hold the back of the book up to the light, you see that it's got some extra things7 indented outward slightly. These things are the words "pRINTED on CANADA", an eagle with the words "state BIURD" under it, some words under the picture of cheese (which is misaligned with the shine it's supposed to have) which say "NEVER FOARGET", and a weed leaf. I'll get some pictures up later.

Also, the book has a poo poo ton of guest art by KC Green.

Ify ou wantn to konw more...

BUY THEB BOOK?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 24, 2013

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I will buy the book when pay day comes around, which is next Monday.

Although I doubt it will take 3 to 5 working days to get from the US to the UK. :smith:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Holy poo poo, SOLD.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007
Got my book yesterday, it is amazing.

Regy Rusty posted:

I just got the Sweet Bro and Helpful Jeff book in the mail.

It reeks of stinky cheese.

Ariong posted:

On the back of the book, the scratch and sniff sticker is weird. It smells really strongly of something. Something spicy, maybe? It's got a certain je ne sais quoi.

Come on, did neither of you grow up in the 90's? It is definitely the terrible "pizza" scratch and sniff scent. And treasure that nasty stonk, it'll be gone in like a day and no one makes that poo poo anymore.

Also, got the same coin as ariong, and it is hilariously cheap and lovely.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Perpetual posted:

Got my book yesterday, it is amazing.

Come on, did neither of you grow up in the 90's? It is definitely the terrible "pizza" scratch and sniff scent. And treasure that nasty stonk, it'll be gone in like a day and no one makes that poo poo anymore.

Also, got the same coin as ariong, and it is hilariously cheap and lovely.

The weird thing about the sticker is that you only need to scratch it once, and then it constantly radiates that scent. I think they made it more potent somehow. The coin is kind of like the play money you would get in a board game.

Did you fat nasty trashes get 2 stickers slapped onto the back of yours as well? Because I did, and the one I didn't scratch smells just as potently as the one I did. These are gently caress you n' sniff stickers.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 24, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Jumping into the book pile. I just can't let something that stunning not be owned by me.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
drat, all these book trip reports are making me want to buy the book even more. But you can't get it signed anymore so, no way.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Popo posted:

Jumping into the book pile. I just can't let something that stunning not be owned by me.

AHA,

the book pile doesnt stop from getting taller.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't wait to join y'all in discussing the book when it arrives in, like, a loving month. Or probably more depending on when it actually ships.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dorroile posted:

I can't wait to join y'all in discussing the book when it arrives in, like, a loving month. Or probably more depending on when it actually ships.

Watch out. Mine didn't arrive in a box or anything, Andrew Hussie just jump out of some bushes and threw it at my head while I was checking the mail. It was in bubble wrap so it didn't get damaged, but it was a shocker.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My favorite thing about the book is the 4 pages stuck in the middle of the Christmas comic that just say NOTES and have lines to write on.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Regy Rusty posted:

My favorite thing about the book is the 4 pages stuck in the middle of the Christmas comic that just say NOTES and have lines to write on.

What part of the book is that? The few pages that are numbered are numbered on a per-comic basis, so just tell me roughly what section of the book it is.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

Ariong posted:

The weird thing about the sticker is that you only need to scratch it once, and then it constantly radiates that scent. I think they made it more potent somehow. The coin is kind of like the play money you would get in a board game.

Did you fat nasty trashes get 2 stickers slapped onto the back of yours as well? Because I did, and the one I didn't scratch smells just as potently as the one I did. These are gently caress you n' sniff stickers.

Aww, no. :( I just have the one on the dorito, where is the second one?

My favorite part has got to be the WORG SHIRT WORG SEARCH WORD SE. The more I look at it more hilarious details I find. I especially love the line that is mostly x's for some reason. :allears:

Ariong posted:

What part of the book is that? The few pages that are numbered are numbered on a per-comic basis, so just tell me roughly what section of the book it is.
Hell, you can see it pretty easily in the pocket edition, it's a little less than halfway through the book.

Perpetual fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 24, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Perpetual posted:

Aww, no. :( I just have the one on the dorito, where is the second one?

My favorite part has got to be the WORG SHIRT WORG SEARCH WORD SE. The more I look at it more hilarious details I find. I especially love the line that is mostly x's for some reason. :allears:

The scratch and sniff sticker is a Dorito. I have one just below and to the right of the cheese and one above the right pair of roller skates.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm so glad I ordered my copy two days ago.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

Ariong posted:

The scratch and sniff sticker is a Dorito. I have one just below and to the right of the cheese and one above the right pair of roller skates.

Ah, no I just have one below and to the right of the cheese. You lucky git. :argh:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Perpetual posted:

Ah, no I just have one below and to the right of the cheese. You lucky git. :argh:

In order to sniff the bottom one I have to shove my eye right into lovely Tony Hawk's face. It's a very spiritual experience. Highly enlightening.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Alright, I caved and bought the book. Thankfully I waited long enough that there were no more signature versions. 50$ extra is too much for me.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

Alright, I caved and bought the book. Thankfully I waited long enough that there were no more signature versions. 50$ extra is too much for me.

For five more dollars you could have at least gotten the Hussie-version. Nowhere near as cool, but you'd still be holding a book that Hussie himself had touched.

Sorry about your loss.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Dorroile posted:

For five more dollars you could have at least gotten the Hussie-version. Nowhere near as cool, but you'd still be holding a book that Hussie himself had touched.

Sorry about your loss.

Wait, what? I looked on topatoco and they only had the one option. And the signed Strider vesrion was 50 more dollars not 5.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

Wait, what? I looked on topatoco and they only had the one option. And the signed Strider vesrion was 50 more dollars not 5.

Maybe they had run out by then? Because you could order Hussie-signed books that only cost five bucks extra. It's what i did.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I was hoping there would be some fallout from fefeta exploding, from the sprites or from roxy :mad:

Oh well, maybe it'll still happen.

Arquius and Erisol seem to be arguing in the corner.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dorroile posted:

Maybe they had run out by then? Because you could order Hussie-signed books that only cost five bucks extra. It's what i did.

Real fans ordered two books, one with Dave sig and the other with Hussie sig.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Dorroile posted:

Yeah that makes sense. I would have dropped 5$ for an author's sig, especially Hussie's.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Has anyone else not gotten their kickstarter poo poo yet? I sent an email to what pumpkin with no response.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A lot of the paks haven't been shipped yet, you may get a response if you poke them on their twitter: https://twitter.com/whatpumpkin

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine too. After the update where they talked about their strategy for sending things out, I'm not exactly holding my breath anymore.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mightygerm posted:

Has anyone else not gotten their kickstarter poo poo yet? I sent an email to what pumpkin with no response.

I just got shipping confirmation on my $403 bundle today. Just be patient, they're working their way through all of them.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
If all goes well, I should be buried in my $605 packs on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Regy Rusty posted:

I just got shipping confirmation on my $403 bundle today. Just be patient, they're working their way through all of them.

Did you specifically ask for shipping information, or was it automated?