Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm not reading that without knowing what it is. You can't make me read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

big boi posted:

I'm not reading that without knowing what it is. You can't make me read

An echo of LF from a time between LF and cspam

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mr. Lobe posted:

Surprised nobody posted this classic yet

lmao incredible

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Doctor Jeep posted:

yeah but it's also good in spite of that

I don't know, the last season was p bad

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I like it for being bad. all the other leftists watch law and order

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Surprised nobody posted this classic yet

:perfect:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
law and order rules because Dick Wolf is a weird social conservative libertarian but come 9/11 and all he did seem to get genuinely angry at government overreach so you can see this absolutely schitzo alternation between 'yea those whores and minorities need to just shut up and trust the cops and let them do whatever they need to' and 'the FEDERAL cops want to do something? Those motherfuckers, those absolute monsters'.

Also every season has to have one episode where he reminds you the REAL bad cops are Internal Affairs for ever questioning real cops.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I always viewed vanilla as civil libertarian. There was an ep where lenny briscoe stepped all over someone to grab evidence or confession and the noble, standup DA had to toss it all out with a stern lecture

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea every so often they'll have a generic 'cops hosed this up, get mad at the DA for their failure, DA rightly follows the law despite getting yelled at' thing but that gets massively undercut by those same cops constantly shown as heroic figures. Ironically the super fashy in other ways SVU came the closest to fixing that problem by having multiple storylines revolve around 'uh you cops are loving psychos, you can't just shout 'SO I GUESS YOU LOVE RAPE HUH' when we explain the basic law to you' and even had multiple people written off the show around that stuff.

It was still fuckin insane and full of 'no one ever gets better we should just be allowed to murder sex offenders' and then hilariously hamfisted 'but also women be lying am I right guys' episodes for...balance I guess?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/lorenbouchard/status/1187497472630775810

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
let's check in on Peter Daou:

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1185641020635172864?s=20

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1185888362441445376?s=20

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1186399132975534080?s=20

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1186770349704302592?s=20

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Folks, you love to see it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Cloks posted:

Folks, you love to see it.

Honestly yes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it is nice in this hellworld of 'black twitter ain't havin no bernie *is extremely white*' and 'aw gee we just oopsie-daisy left sanders' name off this poll how silly of us' poo poo that the actual message can get through to even the most weirdly devoted, it gives me hope that if the movement can get real wins the people who actually care about making life better will come over. Daou was a freak but he was a freak who thought he was on the right side to help people and he clearly was educated that 'oh, woops, I am not, poo poo'. The dead-enders will always be cultists but it's good to remember that there are people on these sides that are genuine people.

You simply love to see it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

daou has won me over. even if hes grifting hes very dedicated at it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
peter daou is a charming weirdo, i'm glad he's a good sport about it

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I don't see him grifting with this so far? Like, it seems more that he's resigned with being an undesirable to that side

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea if this is a scam he's got a super long game going on because right now he's just kinda doing his normal stuff but also getting yelled at by like half his old friends for daring to say 'ok I'm not gonna trash Hillary but maybe we should discus how Sanders had good points and wasn't just some evil spoiler'

Daou...good

Edit: It helps that he's one of the prime examples of Felix's description of Clinton psychos as passionate freaks instead of the Obama era bloodless cowards. Daou has like fifty other weird quirks as well as 'was a huge Clinton booster' he can fall back on, the Johns and all are literally so dull that they can't be spied on because they have nothing but these dumb podcasts and tweet storms. At least Daou can fall back on making weird jazz with his sister.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

sexpig by night posted:

yea every so often they'll have a generic 'cops hosed this up, get mad at the DA for their failure, DA rightly follows the law despite getting yelled at' thing but that gets massively undercut by those same cops constantly shown as heroic figures. Ironically the super fashy in other ways SVU came the closest to fixing that problem by having multiple storylines revolve around 'uh you cops are loving psychos, you can't just shout 'SO I GUESS YOU LOVE RAPE HUH' when we explain the basic law to you' and even had multiple people written off the show around that stuff.

It was still fuckin insane and full of 'no one ever gets better we should just be allowed to murder sex offenders' and then hilariously hamfisted 'but also women be lying am I right guys' episodes for...balance I guess?

There's one svu episode where it was deliberately written so that all the evidence in either direction was circumstantial and came down to character judgment and personal bias and it cut off right as they were about to read the verdict and it's super heavy handed but also bangin

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

every wonk we convert can write more op-eds, slowly eroding the HP of other wonks and generating Take points to eventually flip DC to the zerg working class.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

There's one svu episode where it was deliberately written so that all the evidence in either direction was circumstantial and came down to character judgment and personal bias and it cut off right as they were about to read the verdict and it's super heavy handed but also bangin

yea SVU is weirdly the L&O I've found with the most 'ok yea this is hammy and dumb but pretty solid cop/law drama poo poo'.

They also hilariously seem to have some of the most 'torn from the headlines' episodes but they have to make it SVU so it's like 'this famous murder that happened...but like, someone jacked it on the corpse I guess too'

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sexpig by night posted:

law and order rules because Dick Wolf is a weird social conservative libertarian but come 9/11 and all he did seem to get genuinely angry at government overreach so you can see this absolutely schitzo alternation between 'yea those whores and minorities need to just shut up and trust the cops and let them do whatever they need to' and 'the FEDERAL cops want to do something? Those motherfuckers, those absolute monsters'.
That paranoid flying back and forth between licking authority's boots and calling for revolution is typical of Breitbart Grandpas, though. It's so common on the Right that it's unremarkable.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

sexpig by night posted:

yea if this is a scam he's got a super long game going on because right now he's just kinda doing his normal stuff but also getting yelled at by like half his old friends for daring to say 'ok I'm not gonna trash Hillary but maybe we should discus how Sanders had good points and wasn't just some evil spoiler'

Daou...good

Edit: It helps that he's one of the prime examples of Felix's description of Clinton psychos as passionate freaks instead of the Obama era bloodless cowards. Daou has like fifty other weird quirks as well as 'was a huge Clinton booster' he can fall back on, the Johns and all are literally so dull that they can't be spied on because they have nothing but these dumb podcasts and tweet storms. At least Daou can fall back on making weird jazz with his sister.

Imagine a life where "Former child-soldier" isn't the most interesting or unbelievable thing you've done.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

That paranoid flying back and forth between licking authority's boots and calling for revolution is typical of Breitbart Grandpas, though. It's so common on the Right that it's unremarkable.

yea true but with The Magic Of Binge Watching now you can see a guy go from 'ALWAYS OBEY THE COPS NEVER QUESTION YOUR BETTERS' to 'DID THAT FUCKIN FED PIECE OF poo poo JUST ASK FOR MY ID? I SWEAR I WISH HE'D GET FUCKIN SHOT' within an episode or two of delay.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

sexpig by night posted:

yea SVU is weirdly the L&O I've found with the most 'ok yea this is hammy and dumb but pretty solid cop/law drama poo poo'.

They also hilariously seem to have some of the most 'torn from the headlines' episodes but they have to make it SVU so it's like 'this famous murder that happened...but like, someone jacked it on the corpse I guess too'

I’m real partial to, “Okay, so this George Tiller guy that got assassinated? well what if he was raping teenagers and aborting the evidence of his rape? Ehh? Yeah!”

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Don't forget "what if Paula Deen shot Trayvon Martin after getting wound up by the NYPD doing a stop and risk campaign to catch a serial rapist"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So every episode is a Tweet Mashup of two gimmick accounts? Cool.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
SVU in itself is such a weird thing to have been greenlit in the first place. “You know, Law and Order is great and popular but what if instead of only some of the time the cases are about sexual violence, ALL of them are?”

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
SVU stopped being watchable after Stabler left.

Or when Munch left whichever happened first.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

papa horny michael posted:

I don't see him grifting with this so far? Like, it seems more that he's resigned with being an undesirable to that side

poo poo, all he had to do was read that 'mulling this over blueberry beers' email to see the people he worked for were assholes

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My favorite was always Criminal Intent, it answered my long-asked question of "What if The Shield was just all Dutch all the time?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

My favorite was always Criminal Intent, it answered my long-asked question of "What if The Shield was just all Dutch all the time?"

Does that show ever get good? I've never been about to sit through more than like half an ep of it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does that show ever get good? I've never been about to sit through more than like half an ep of it.

I've only ever been tempted to try it for Walton Goggins

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Remember that ep where Stabler went to Generic Eastern European Country to find a pedophile ring and beat up a perp in a catacomb? The European cop lady just going "Yes and this street corner is where all the child prostitutes hang out. We let them do this because we are weak and bad cops."

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there's a streaming service called MHz that has a ton of foreign cop shows. it's pretty interesting to compare them to US stuff. worth checking it out if you have the $/interest

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I ended up watching Scott and Bailey on Amazon Prime. It's a British cop show, and man is it wild to have a cop improperly using their badge # to look up her boyfriend's address (he had a secret wife) be a major season long scandal. Good procedural though.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

It rules which is why Chapo's mocking Kurt Sutter confused me at first but apparently he had less control over it than in his later shows.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

snoremac posted:

It rules which is why Chapo's mocking Kurt Sutter confused me at first but apparently he had less control over it than in his later shows.

the shield wasn't his "baby" at all, he was first hired as a writer or something like that during the first season
sons of anarchy is his thing from beginning to end and it shows (it's poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SVU stopped being watchable after Stabler left.

Or when Munch left whichever happened first.

Stabler

My girl Benson just kept getting hotter tho so I still check it out