Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

Weird. Something we can agree on.

He's got a great voice for talking about chinese fire hazards, though it would probably work for just about any other stuff as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG69tfwdbIQ&t=9s

:gary:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

Everything was elevated to compensate the floor rise. It would be hysterical if it wasn't me having to do the work.

They did something similar in my house, except they didn't move the cold air returns. So the flooring gets to within about a quarter of an inch of the vent, then a piece of quarter round hides the gap.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

AP posted:

It doesn't matter if you have a space suit on or not either as there's no check for the presence of atmosphere anywhere, just a check on if you have a space suit equipped if you happen to be standing in the airlock when the depressurise button is pressed. Another excellent fudge that people probably wouldn't have noticed if the clip through everything solid bug wasn't quite so common.
They talked about getting close to finishing their atmosphere system in a recent ATV. They've been working on responding to a :pgabz: video for over nine months.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Have any of the streamers and/or bloggers had any mental breakdowns since I went away? The last thing I remember is INN splitting up and WTFO being upset he wasn't invited to generic streaming event #239.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/375820/a-lot-of-the-shown-content-is-default-in-cryengine

This OP bought to get a week off for FUD spreading.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Would be great in VR.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Have any of the streamers and/or bloggers had any mental breakdowns since I went away? The last thing I remember is INN splitting up and WTFO being upset he wasn't invited to generic streaming event #239.
Turned on WTFO's stream. He's playing the multiplayer shooter thing. Everyone has over 100 ping. His FPS went from 140 to 6 in a second somehow. He died a few times while My Chemical Romance played in the background. He says after this game he's going to go into the PU but he doesn't know what the patch changed. I don't know if I can make it until then.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I can't stomach that poo poo anymore, the anti-FUD brigade are so loving dense and obstinate.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

All this in addition to the fact that many backers have alluded to the belief that there is some secret behind the scenes cadre of industry professionals who are creating the real tech that will make all these dreams possible. That the reason these technologies haven't been invented yet is because nobody had the money, vision, or balls.

We don't have warp drives because scientists are lazy.

Physics is hard, but that can't be the limiter. It's because scientists are lazy.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Some dude has subscribed to him for 27 months. That's like $135 to my understanding. Makes me cringe to think he's done his little dance thing hundreds of times now.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"Infidel_dog37: No when questions"
:lol:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
FPS in the PU still under 20 on his presumably suped-up computer. Also, doors still don't work.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

FPS in the PU still under 20 on his presumably suped-up computer. Also, doors still don't work.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

Doors and fups are overrated anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

Edit: vvv The litany of things that still don't work is kinda funny.

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 29, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I can't believe WTFosaurus is still playing this poo poo. Even this thread has gotten so completely bored with it that he's rarely even mentioned anymore.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

XK posted:

I can't believe WTFosaurus is still playing this poo poo. Even this thread has gotten so completely bored with it that he's rarely even mentioned anymore.

Cig gives him free ships if he streams, he sells those on the grey market. It's the only way streaming this hot garbage makes sense. Unless CIG is the ones buying up all his subscriptions to fake interest in the game. Which is an equally likely and stupid possibility.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

It's kind of an uncomfortable subject.

The guy looks like he is being held prisoner in North Korea or something and just never stops playing. There is no reason to ever watch his stream because he is just doing the same 5 minutes of gameplay that's always existed 40+ hours a week.

I'm sure I could either find someone else that looks miserable that is streaming something interesting, or someone streaming something lovely that isn't being held hostage. The combination of the two is just downright sad when you realize he has streamed thousands and thousands of hours of the same thing over and over.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So Beer, since you seem to be the expert on Warhammer: the New humble book bundle is the Horus Heresy books plus some odd extras.
Are those books like the main story to get an idea of the warhammer universe? I am tempted to read it to get an idea of what 40K is about when you go beyond the seemingly weird superficial bits and bobs of the lore you pick up here and there.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hopper posted:

So Beer, since you seem to be the expert on Warhammer: the New humble book bundle is the Horus Heresy books plus some odd extras.
Are those books like the main story to get an idea of the warhammer universe? I am tempted to read it to get an idea of what 40K is about when you go beyond the seemingly weird superficial bits and bobs of the lore you pick up here and there.

Personally I think the Eisenhorn trilogy by Dan Abnett is a good intro to Warhammer 40k, sadly they're not in the bundle

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/375820/a-lot-of-the-shown-content-is-default-in-cryengine/p3

quote:

Whichever conclusion we choose to believe, we remain nowhere closer to a finished game, and even if we choose worst-case scenario, that we're only being cleverly duped and skillfully marketed, there still remains nothing we can do about it--most of us have pledged significant amounts here and CIG won't be able to reimburse us for our disappointment and humiliation at being duped, or for our defending their action or inaction if they've been deceiving us this whole time. A good many people have become a little bit nervous at this point, but seriously, it's very much out of our hands. Even if you're completely correct, we can do little else but watch and wait, see what finally results in the game they decide to call done, whenever and if that should come to pass.

I didn't know Shinji Ikari was a backer. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

We never can know the mysterious workings of the gods, we mere mortals must simply wait to see what fate shall befall us.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Someone needs to see the getarefund.gif.

But alas no, it's too late to do anything our money is gone.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Heat Street happens to be only outlet so far to report on a publisher strong-arming an outlet to pull an unfavorable story.

Huge Crowdfunded Project ‘Star Citizen’ Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

Heat Street happens to be only outlet so far to report on a publisher strong-arming an outlet to pull an unfavorable story.

Huge Crowdfunded Project ‘Star Citizen’ Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web

The single best thing about this article is you can real time watch angry spergs posting about how they hate the article.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
*Click on link*
*Is greeted by half a dozen articles blaming SJW for everything wrong in vidéo game, plus a defense of Trump' policies*
:yikes:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak's been busy being a Very Good Boy by helping me do home renovation the last couple weeks

sweet toyota yarris

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak's been busy being a Very Good Boy by helping me do home renovation the last couple weeks

nice paint cans and freedom sized drink :wink:

KiowaChief
Jul 12, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Post of the MF'n year, right here.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

D_Smart posted:

As if by magic, there was probably another $15K Completionist sale today due to the hourly tracker being over $16K.

The exact spike amounts are $15,060.00 and $2,545.00. $45 and $60 are by far the most common transaction amounts because they are the cheapest game packages, so the simplest explanation for the spike totals would be a Completionist pack + a combo starter pack (not necessarily purchased by the same individual), followed by an SC starter pack and something that costs $2,500. The only item that has cost exactly $2,500, to my knowledge, is the Javelin, which requires a Completionist purchase to unlock when there aren't special sales events going on. I know they last sold the Javelin for $3k in whatever sale last year, but I don't know what the current price is for Completionists.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
there is no way people are buying complete packages, just no

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Iceclaw posted:

*Click on link*
*Is greeted by half a dozen articles blaming SJW for everything wrong in vidéo game, plus a defense of Trump' policies*
:yikes:

I'm not really sure what to think of Heat Street. I do enjoy some of their articles. They aren't Breitbart level bad, but they do have an ideological bend of what stories they choose to cover. They're over on the Gamer Gate anti-sjw side. The stories themselves don't seem to be horrifically twisted the way a place like Breitbart would do. One of their most regular writers, Ian Miles Chong, is an ex-sjw, he flipped a year or so ago.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

starkebn posted:

Figures don't lie. But perhaps the funding chart does.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

starkebn posted:

You are forgetting the critical component:

There is no way they are buying it AND not talking about their newest fleet addition somewhere.

Nobody is going to drop $15k on something and not expect people to bow down to them on a forum somewhere.

Somebody needs to make an algorithm that takes these spikes, and pulls the different Star Citizen forum locations and look for Grand Admiral Han SoloXxX42 talking about how he's going to be swimming in his hot tub while watching his fleet out the window.

If there is no poster, there is no sale. Now this isn't to say this will happen 100% of the time, but if you come up with a 0% boasting sperg to 15k purchase ratio, your $15k purchase is as real and factual as Star Citizen motion capture being completed.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Maybe CRoberts is investing in the company to the tune of a few completionist packages a day

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MedicineHut posted:

WTF, so just let me get this straight. SC just moves your avatar somewhere else and changes the control focus to the ship? So in theory someone else could go and visit your avatar while you control the ship somewhere else?

Not in theory. it can and does happen. There was a bug report about it a while back. they just didn't know what it was they were reporting.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

You are forgetting the critical component:

There is no way they are buying it AND not talking about their newest fleet addition somewhere.

Nobody is going to drop $15k on something and not expect people to bow down to them on a forum somewhere.

Somebody needs to make an algorithm that takes these spikes, and pulls the different Star Citizen forum locations and look for Grand Admiral Han SoloXxX42 talking about how he's going to be swimming in his hot tub while watching his fleet out the window.

If there is no poster, there is no sale. Now this isn't to say this will happen 100% of the time, but if you come up with a 0% boasting sperg to 15k purchase ratio, your $15k purchase is as real and factual as Star Citizen motion capture being completed.

That's just it. It's all pure bullshit. There has to be something fishy going on. I'm still going with money laundering of some sort.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

AP posted:

Yes totally, we know this because, surprisingly, this stupid system doesn't work very well. Players get transported to this field of broken dreams by accident and can watch other avatars flying ships, you can tell by watching their ankles/wrists rotate. Sometimes you get transported here and can still remotely control your ship in the far distance.

It doesn't matter if you have a space suit on or not either as there's no check for the presence of atmosphere anywhere, just a check on if you have a space suit equipped if you happen to be standing in the airlock when the depressurise button is pressed. Another excellent fudge that people probably wouldn't have noticed if the clip through everything solid bug wasn't quite so common.

Clipping to the landing pads without a spessuit on is the official workaround for the borked TrackIR implementation that locks the helmet to the shoulders instead of the head (same as before they disabled it).

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

They need to make it look like funding is not drying up.

There is another possibility though - dealers are buying UEC below dollar value (currently 70 cents in the dollar). Im guessing they are using it to buy ships to flip for a profit on the grey market. This could be dealers stocking up on packs of ships they can then split and sell.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Weird. Something we can agree on.

That he should stick that electrode up his butt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Chin posted:

They talked about getting close to finishing their atmosphere system in a recent ATV. They've been working on responding to a :pgabz: video for over nine months.

Duh, if you put 9 programmers in a room they can't have a baby in a month.