Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The main thing I got out of that was the guy was called Buttler. Like how perfect a name is that.

Also if the goal of the new dyes was to make players like me want to do dungeons on their characters who need absolutely nothing from dungeons, then it succeeded. :argh:

I must have all the colors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

And good news for defiance.

I've really liked the newer content in RIFT itself minus Carnage quests. I felt like they needed more little quests mixed into the areas where a carnage takes place so I have a reason to kill those monsters. Rather, I don't like grinding carnages like a korean mmo when there is nothing else in the zone.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Langolas posted:

I've really liked the newer content in RIFT itself minus Carnage quests. I felt like they needed more little quests mixed into the areas where a carnage takes place so I have a reason to kill those monsters. Rather, I don't like grinding carnages like a korean mmo when there is nothing else in the zone.

You know carnage quests are not meant to be ground, right?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Langolas posted:

Trion San Diego was shut down today too though, responsible for End of Nations and Defiance, according to http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?3180-Scott-Hartsman-returns-to-Trion-takes-CEO-role/page2

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

deimos posted:

You know carnage quests are not meant to be ground, right?

i've been doing zone achievement quests while waiting for rakshara to catch up to 60. I still don't like having 15-30 carnage quests in a zone and 20 ACTUAL quests. Then the zone achievement requiring half or more of those carnages makes it a drag. Just started doing the lvl 60 zone events and starting to gather +hit gear.

One thing that has been bugging me, why doesn't trion put phases into the zones when you advance a quest storyline? Other mmo's do it and it would work well with the SL storyline quests.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mitt Romney posted:

Trion San Diego was shut down today too though, responsible for End of Nations and Defiance, according to http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?3180-Scott-Hartsman-returns-to-Trion-takes-CEO-role/page2

EoN just started alpha as it's new MOBA life, so I doubt it is going anywhere. They are probably going to save a lot of money by condensing down to one location, I'm not sure why they had the 2nd office in the first place.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Is there a way to buy things like the storm legion souls with ingame currency?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

az posted:

Is there a way to buy things like the storm legion souls with ingame currency?
Use your in-game currency to buy REX, which grants Credits, which you can spend on SL souls.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It will end up being around 3600 plat depending on current rex prices, but at least it's an option. You can make a few hundred plat a day at 60 with not a ton of effort.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

quote:

"We're going to rapidly be laying the groundwork for a new strategy for Trion -- one that's closer to the foundation of how we've had our wins so far, and then extending that base into the enduring success this company can, and will, be,"

I like Scott Hartsman but for press release language this is terrible grammar and sentence structure.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

mr. nobody posted:

I like Scott Hartsman but for press release language this is terrible grammar and sentence structure.

Swap the rapidly and be and it's pretty generic CEO speak.

e: Also I might be a couple minutes late for GA today, making food is taking longer than expected.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'm in as Rhazau. Gone for a rogue marksman type, something I've never really played in other MMOs, so should be fun!

edit: Just realised i'm using a different Trion account to the one I used when I played for a month or so around launch. I have 2 accounts for some reason... logged into my other account, made a char and got some veteran type of rewards, so I guess i'll start my character again!

Quite glad I did that. Got a turtle mount, some patron and credits.

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 9, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Windmill Hut posted:

I'm in as Rhazau. Gone for a rogue marksman type, something I've never really played in other MMOs, so should be fun!

edit: Just realised i'm using a different Trion account to the one I used when I played for a month or so around launch. I have 2 accounts for some reason... logged into my other account, made a char and got some veteran type of rewards, so I guess i'll start my character again!

Quite glad I did that. Got a turtle mount, some patron and credits.

Good move on using the old account. You will more loyalty from it than starting a fresh account.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is DPS usually able to go full-throttle without pulling aggro off of the tank? I'm pondering end-game rogue DPS builds and wondering if it'd be worth it to dump 16 points into riftstalker for the +5% damage, -50% threat stance.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hello Sailor posted:

Is DPS usually able to go full-throttle without pulling aggro off of the tank? I'm pondering end-game rogue DPS builds and wondering if it'd be worth it to dump 16 points into riftstalker for the +5% damage, -50% threat stance.

There were some DPS specs posted earlier in the thread but I can't find them. I'm sure some friendly rogue will point you in the right way. But I'm pretty sure that stalker phase is pretty bad for most specs, just off the top of my head. Pulling aggro from a geared and competent tank is never a problem. Unless you're a Liberator apparently.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The only time someone ever pulled threat of me is when I just pulled a mob and the DPS did 3 60k crits in a row. Otherwise it's impossible to pull from a Rogue tank unless he's undergeared simply because of how much threat we poo poo out (only troublesome part is pulling a mob since it takes a bit to build aggro).

E: for DPS, check out riftscene's marksman guide for ranged DPS, or assassin for melee. Tactician+Marksman works well for ranged AoE

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Hello Sailor posted:

Are you in a group with pubbies? If so, you may pull aggro as dps.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

*in a group with Zoness' warrior

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

*in a group with Zoness' warrior

Look man it's hard switching between Paladin and Justicar.

Also I'm totally blaming everyone else on the first boss for not killing the robots and making me do everything. And at least one of the times you died your frame never even turned red!

gently caress Kaliban's Aggro Reset though

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's ok I've seen worse :v:

On another note, I'm firmly of the belief that Harbinger does not work with 200ms latency. No matter what I do, I can't outdps my pyro spec.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

KaneTW posted:

On another note, I'm firmly of the belief that Harbinger does not work with 200ms latency. No matter what I do, I can't outdps my pyro spec.

Are you using an ability queue?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Hello Sailor posted:

Only if the tank has less than 520 hit. :smith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Oh hell no you did not just compare me to a pubby tank :qq:.

I miss when warrior tanking was about shouting to generate a good amount of AoE threat. Also DoT spreading was pretty easy. Now I have to like, hit things with sweeping strike. It's so bullshit! I just need to outgear everything so I can use the reaver spec and be super lazy :3:

Kreczor posted:

Only if the tank has less than 520 hit. :smith:

This is not a thing, as far as I know. I might be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure our rogue tank still doesn't have a 65 hit neck and maybe one of the rings hasn't dropped but he has 0 threat problems.

And the only difference between 508 hit and 520 hit is missing on autos. A big deal for DPS but not so much for healers or tanks. But I think you can still tank GA with sub-500 hit as long as you meet toughness requirements

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 9, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

deimos posted:

Yes, short queue.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

This is not a thing, as far as I know. I might be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure he still doesn't have a 65 hit neck and maybe one of the rings hasn't dropped but our rogue tank has 0 threat problems.

And the only difference between 508 hit and 520 hit is missing on autos. A big deal for DPS but not so much for healers or tanks. But I think you can still tank GA with sub-500 hit as long as you meet toughness requirements

I was making a reference to one of our Kyzan pulls last night. By the way, I love GA raiding nights. I had a blast, wish I could make next week too but exams :(.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Tank specs with snap threat issues:
- Justicar pre synergy crystal in 5 mans (this is loving HORRIBLE threat)
- Reaver
- Zoness
- Any tank with less than the required hit that misses one of their first attacks

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Tank specs with snap threat issues:
- Justicar pre synergy crystal in 5 mans (this is loving HORRIBLE threat)
- Reaver
- Zoness
- Any tank with less than the required hit that misses one of their first attacks

Yeah I noticed a huge difference after I got my 4pc Justicar Crystal. Before that it was even worse than my warrior!

Also Paladin has the best snap threat skill in the game and I'm pretty sure it's regardless of hit or whether or not you're me. It just looks a lot like censure sooo... :blush:

Also what's snap threat that's pulling with a taunt right. I JEST.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

it's drat near impossible to use long ability queue on euro ping, especially if you have off-gcd abilities (riftblade) because they'll just eat up the next skill the moment you hit them. we just have to deal with short.

as for warrior threat i've never really had a problem as paladin/reaver (especially since hammer spreads and sweeping strike's snap threat is so fantastic) though i do remember dropping threat like a motherfucker on kyzan progression using 38/38. the charge got fixed and applies dots properly, though i haven't really been able to test the difference since i dps kyzan now.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

it's drat near impossible to use long ability queue on euro ping, especially if you have off-gcd abilities (riftblade) because they'll just eat up the next skill the moment you hit them. we just have to deal with short.

Yeah but using none is terrible for dps which is what I was wondering.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Since you're talking about tanking right now, are all classes generally equally good tanks throughout the game?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yes

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

az posted:

Since you're talking about tanking right now, are all classes generally equally good tanks throughout the game?

'Cept for mages currently, which will(might?) be fixed in 3.0

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Shadowmorn posted:

'Cept for mages currently, which will(might?) be fixed in 3.0

Which itself will/might not even be out until 2014 :iiam:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The official forums are rife with drama over /follow being disabled in Warfronts/Conquest. There are two HUGE threads about it, Seeb quit as community manager over it. It's super entertaining.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Can I get a summary? Were folks using follow to help afk?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Can I get a summary? Were folks using follow to help afk?

Multi-boxer were using it to have groups of their secondary accounts following their main account. The secondaries assisting the main.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Doing a stream of some PTS raiding in Dungeon Gear to mess with 3.0 souls

Come see Arbiter in action through the eyes of a defiler!

http://twitch.tv/belzoness

Twins are hard apparently.

Also some ugly warrior dwarf healer.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 11, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm surprised that people would want multiboxing /followers allowed in pvp, but maybe it's the multiboxers just posting on all their accounts.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Caused a shitstorm in wow as well if i remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So the new souls are pretty cool, except for crusader (the cleric one) apparently.

At least, according to the people using those specs.

Arbiter has an issue with taking too much damage

Zoness fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 11, 2013

• Locked thread