Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Travis343 posted:

I was reading some DC Comics from the 80s and what the gently caress is going on with Starfire's hair.

That's just how hair was in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Travis343 posted:

I was reading some DC Comics from the 80s and what the gently caress is going on with Starfire's hair.
Why did you answer your own question

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The first thing you think is weird about starfire is her hair?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I think you mean.

Travis343 posted:

I was reading some DC Comics from the 2010s and what the gently caress is going on with Starfire's hair.

It was perfect the way it was. :colbert:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I lived through the 80s. Starfire is like the Super Saiyan Level 3 of the 80s. And it's like, her means of propulsion? Is it all the hairspray that ignites and shoots her into the sky?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dacap posted:

Everyone is disappointed its not Rockslide.

All the other candidates wanted the mantle for their own aspirations of power or to prevent others from controlling it

Rockslide was just like "I'll wreck whatever poo poo you want Cytorrak, cause it'll be AWESOME "

I read this as Rocksteady from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, who would also make an amazing Juggernaut

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Travis343 posted:

The answer to this question is "George Perez".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I should know this but are DD's powers "genetic" or something that the toxic waste did to him?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

zoux posted:

I should know this but are DD's powers "genetic" or something that the toxic waste did to him?

Toxic waste did it. There was even an arc fairly recently where a bad guy is pumping out dudes with similar radar powers by replicating the exact circumstances of the original accident on a bunch of hobos or something.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mover posted:

Toxic waste did it. There was even an arc fairly recently where a bad guy is pumping out dudes with similar radar powers by replicating the exact circumstances of the original accident on a bunch of hobos or something.
Providing the best line from the entire Waid run.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

redbackground posted:

Providing the best line from the entire Waid run.

Which was?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Unmature posted:

Which was?

Try the red one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait, I thought Waid was still on DD?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Wait, I thought Waid was still on DD?

He has one more issue

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He has one more issue

I know he's writing post SW Avengers, have they announced a new ongoing Daredevil?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Waid is doing the All New All Different Avengers as part of Free Comic Book Day. No Avengers series has been announced for Secret Wars.

Also, it was Bullseye making the hobo Daredevils, dog Daredevils, and sighted ninja Daredevil (Ikari?)

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I'm sure there are some spoilers of the run you left out.

zoux posted:

I know he's writing post SW Avengers, have they announced a new ongoing Daredevil?

No.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

zoux posted:

It's also due to his magical pimp Ninja training.
Like it taught him how to focus his senses (according to the Frank Millar run) but even in the Waid run it's clear that his Ninja training is what makes Matt who he is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this is more of a service delivery question but I figure this is the best place to ask it. My love of the MCU and superheroes in general has me intrigued about subscribing to Marvel Unimited. My tablet, which I love, is a Kindle Fire, and I'd love to read the comics on that. There's no app for it currently, though. Anyone with the same setup as me, does the web version work okay on a Fire? Also, is there any confllict of interest with Amazon/Marvel/comixology and Marvel Unlimited, or have they just not developed a Kindle MU app yet? I don't know about the legalities of any of this stuff.

Any info is appreciated, and I look forward to perhaps finally diving into the comic world once work stabilizes a bit for me! :)

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So this is more of a service delivery question but I figure this is the best place to ask it. My love of the MCU and superheroes in general has me intrigued about subscribing to Marvel Unimited. My tablet, which I love, is a Kindle Fire, and I'd love to read the comics on that. There's no app for it currently, though. Anyone with the same setup as me, does the web version work okay on a Fire? Also, is there any confllict of interest with Amazon/Marvel/comixology and Marvel Unlimited, or have they just not developed a Kindle MU app yet? I don't know about the legalities of any of this stuff.

Any info is appreciated, and I look forward to perhaps finally diving into the comic world once work stabilizes a bit for me! :)

I'm guessing Amazon wants people to buy individual comics through their service, so they're not interested in Unlimited. Kindle is pretty much a slightly modified Android, so you might be able to get a hold of the apk for MU or something.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm guessing Amazon wants people to buy individual comics through their service, so they're not interested in Unlimited. Kindle is pretty much a slightly modified Android, so you might be able to get a hold of the apk for MU or something.

I figured as much, but I've also heard the web viewer for MU is pretty good so maybe I can just use that via the Fire browser. :shobon:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I use it on my iPad and it's great. All I've heard about the web browser has been bad.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I tried it on Android and iOS and it just doesn't loving work for me. I tried for two months on iOS and more than half the issues I tried just refused to load. They were great about refunding me, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unmature posted:

I tried it on Android and iOS and it just doesn't loving work for me. I tried for two months on iOS and more than half the issues I tried just refused to load. They were great about refunding me, though.

Have you tried it recently? All the issues "stream" now so there's really no loading.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You should be able to sideload MU onto a Fire.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

You should be able to sideload MU onto a Fire.

Seems like a bit of a pain, but I'll look into it if it comes to that. Thanks!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They make it sound harder than it is.

You use a webpage that will let you download the APK from the store, and then a file explorer to run that APK. Just like installing a program on a PC.

It only seems harder because first you need to flip the option to allow that, and there's no actual built in file explorer.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

They make it sound harder than it is.

You use a webpage that will let you download the APK from the store, and then a file explorer to run that APK. Just like installing a program on a PC.

It only seems harder because first you need to flip the option to allow that, and there's no actual built in file explorer.

Oh okay. That sounds easier, yeah. Thanks for the info. :)

Unmature
May 9, 2008

zoux posted:

Have you tried it recently? All the issues "stream" now so there's really no loading.

It was like 6-7 months ago.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Question IRL posted:

(according to the Frank Millar run)

I'm trying to come up with the story a Frank Miller and a Mark Millar amalgam would write but I'm just coming up empty.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Scaramouche posted:

I'm trying to come up with the story a Frank Miller and a Mark Millar amalgam would write but I'm just coming up empty.

Sin City but more racist, with more embarrassing pop culture references, one of the characters is a 12 year old with a katana and the ending is Marv loving you in the rear end.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Scaramouche posted:

Old Man Dark Claw Returns, where Logan Wayne rides through the wastelands with Clinton Archer.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

Sin City but more racist, with more embarrassing pop culture references, one of the characters is a 12 year old with a katana and the ending is Marv loving you in the rear end.
And with insanely incoherent politics.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Time for a newspaper comics question.

I'm reading IDW's Dick Tracy collections and stuff about Dick Tracy talks about how Flattop was the most popular villain Chester Gould ever created...and I don't see why. He didn't have THAT distinct a physical quirk (a flat head), nor did he do anything THAT exceptional as a villain that others villains didn't do in some fashion. He didn't even have an interesting quirk like Mumbles (who got brought back from the dead more than once because of it). So why did people like Flattop so much? Was it a 1940's thing?

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
He had a haircut you could set your watch to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on in Superman books that caused the situation from those spoilers going around from DC's Free Comic Book Day story. Because as someone that hasn't read Superman in a long while it seems really crazy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on in Superman books that caused the situation from those spoilers going around from DC's Free Comic Book Day story. Because as someone that hasn't read Superman in a long while it seems really crazy.

It looks like Everyone knows who Superman is and Lois leaked it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno what the spoilers are (don't wanna!) but last we saw in Batman/Superman Annual #2, he'd been depowered from expending his energy in his new super bomb power, and had to tackle a ton of brainwashed Batman villains who were set on him as a regular dude.
He handled it with Batman, gaining his non-superpowered respect, then a civilian showed up with the same brainwashing and stabbed him in the gut. The comic closed with him slumped over, bleeding and "See what's next in June!"

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 24, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

It looks like Everyone knows who Superman is and Lois leaked it

I understand, those are the spoilers I was referring to. I was wondering what led to it. Because that seems like something that would be extremely out of character. Or at least the version of the character I'm familiar with.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno what the spoilers are (don't wanna!) but last we saw in Batman/Superman Annual #2, he'd been depowered from expending his energy in his new super bomb power, and had to tackle a ton of brainwashed Batman villains who were set on him as a regular dude.
He handled it with Batman, gaining his non-superpowered respect, then a civilian showed up with the same brainwashing and stabbed him in the gut. The comic closed with him slumped over, bleeding and "See what's next in July!"

It has nothing at all to do with any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It doesn't look like it builds out of anything going on right now as far as I can tell. Superman told Jimmy who he was but beyond that I see nothing connected.