Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

If you haven't already, go ahead and boot carnal Sanders from gem boiz. I'm taking an indefinite break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

If you've got room, I'd like an invite as nfogravity

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Alright, I'm feeling the urge to play this again.. Is there room in a guild? Invite code would be BONDSKI. Thanks! :)

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Waiting on Jibo to kick inactives and then we should have room in Gem Boiz.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Just booted Tyberius from Blossums. Invited Bondski in his stead. Welcome aboard!

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Any goon guilds have room for a newbie? I love me some F2P puzzle quest. invite code is IZNO

I'm pretty terrible so far but I'm doing what I can

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Also looking for a guild invite. Code is KRULLERSA

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
There's a new mythic

http://gemsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/blog_pharosra.png

I blew all my keys and didn't get it, of course. The third trait is 150% souls!

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 6, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
That's my story, too. But overall it doesn't seem that amazing anyways, pretty fragile and single target nuke for that cost isn't all that great. Plus it would probably take a whole year to cough up the traitstones to use him in a soul farming team anyways.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm not really hurting for Souls these days, so I'll save my gems for the new Kingdom release.

Still waiting on Jibo to kick some people to make room for you guys. It would be nice if there was another officer tier that could do it.

Edit: Scratch that. Jibo made me leader because I keep annoying him or something! :downs: Invites should be going out shortly.

Edit2: Nfogravity and KrullerSA invited to Gem Boiz. Izno it says you are already in a guild. Please drop your guild and let me know when to re-invite.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 6, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got the new mythic in 107 glory keys. Guess that's all my luck, ever.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Looking for some team suggestions for what I should be working towards as a newbie. I've been rocking the Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee team someone posted a while back for a week or two, and it's been working pretty great. I end most matched maxed out on gold and souls, and it's been punching above its weight in PvP.

I'm just wondering when I should be looking to move onto something else. Should I keep playing with that until they're all traited out and maxed? Or should I dump them as soon as I can cobble something else together?

So far my only legendaries are Abhorath and Keeper of Souls. And I've gotten a couple of the kingdom story lines done, but I'm still working through them.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'd say stick with it for now, try to get your Treant fully traited and the +mana link trait on the other troops, the rest is optional. Also level them fully, yes. You'll probably be using that team for a while, since new teams largely depend on what legendaries you get, but it'll carry you probably until at least level 100. If you wanna play with those 2 legendaries that you do have, you could try building Abhorath, Green Slime, Valkyrie, Keeper of Souls, but I don't know how good that would be in today's meta.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

ImpactVector posted:

Looking for some team suggestions for what I should be working towards as a newbie. I've been rocking the Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee team someone posted a while back for a week or two, and it's been working pretty great. I end most matched maxed out on gold and souls, and it's been punching above its weight in PvP.

I'm just wondering when I should be looking to move onto something else. Should I keep playing with that until they're all traited out and maxed? Or should I dump them as soon as I can cobble something else together?

So far my only legendaries are Abhorath and Keeper of Souls. And I've gotten a couple of the kingdom story lines done, but I'm still working through them.

I ran TAVB for a really long time. Its a great team and there's no harm in traiting them up either because traits on Rares are cheap. Once you start getting the higher end legendaries like Khorvash and Mab and others to build around then you can shake things up.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
Sounds good, thanks guys. It really is a rocking team, so no real complaints. Just didn't want to waste resources if it wasn't worth it.

One more dumb question: Does ascending a troop mean that from then on it only drops from chests at the new rarity? Or does it still drop at the original one?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

ImpactVector posted:

Sounds good, thanks guys. It really is a rocking team, so no real complaints. Just didn't want to waste resources if it wasn't worth it.

One more dumb question: Does ascending a troop mean that from then on it only drops from chests at the new rarity? Or does it still drop at the original one?

No, you can still get commons from Gold chests when they're mythics.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

All your copies of that troop are now at the newly ascended tier, and any new copies will drop at that tier as well. It does not change what chests they drop from, as the Caffeinated Fuhrer mentioned. There's no downside to ascending, as it gives the troop a bonus and lets you level them higher. The only catch is if its a troop that you use 2 or more of in a team that you need extra copies before ascending.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I used KoS for a long time when I was lower level. Treat/Giant Spider/Valkyrie/KoS. It stopped working against Khorvash, but in general it works well.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I used KoS for a long time when I was lower level. Treat/Giant Spider/Valkyrie/KoS. It stopped working against Khorvash, but in general it works well.
Huh, I don't seem to have a Giant Spider yet. I'll keep a lookout, if just as something to switch things up with.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Green Slime or Apothecary works in place of the Spider. I would use red/yellow banner for Valkyrie.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
TAVB is the affordable superteam, max it out and then after a while you'll have plenty of souls and stuff to start working on other teams.

For the current event, I'm running Aborath/Queen Ysabelle/Valkyrie/Goblin Shaman and it's pretty fast so far, and I haven't fully traited them all yet

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I wanted to see how high I could chain Justice before winning the game by accident.

Didn't get higher than this

I learned to not do it when the enemy has devour though.

Chaining Justice and Valkyrie is loving amazing though, will get even better once I actually get Queen Mab stacked with traits, also my Hero. Sorcerer really is a good class and Staff of Madness is a really good weapon. Still don't like that the AI cheats like a motherfucker though.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Morglon posted:

I wanted to see how high I could chain Justice before winning the game by accident.

Didn't get higher than this

I learned to not do it when the enemy has devour though.

Chaining Justice and Valkyrie is loving amazing though, will get even better once I actually get Queen Mab stacked with traits, also my Hero. Sorcerer really is a good class and Staff of Madness is a really good weapon. Still don't like that the AI cheats like a motherfucker though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
One day...

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I've been having stupidly good luck with:

The Dragon Soul
Dragotaur
Dragonette
Venbarak

If I can trigger Dragon Soul early on, the match is done. I wanted to set up the other team everyone talks about but I just can't seem to RNG a treant. Wish there was a site you could plug all your cards into so you could see them/make easy decks from. I'd love to see what you guys could come up with, with the stuff I have.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Dragon Soul is amazing. Forget about Treant. It will be even better with more legendary dragons.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Runic Blade is overpowered as hell in the arena now. 12 mana for 14 damage with +10 to all skills on kill which makes it 24 damage the next time.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
I got randomly booted from my pubbie guild and would love a spot in one of the goon guilds if something opens up. Invite code is NORF. I can contribute 100K gold a week pretty easily.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Mandatory Assembly posted:

I got randomly booted from my pubbie guild and would love a spot in one of the goon guilds if something opens up. Invite code is NORF. I can contribute 100K gold a week pretty easily.

Izno never responded, so you get the last spot in Gem Boiz.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Ah crap I just left haha. I will hang out solo though until there is room somewhere!

code: IZNO

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Izno posted:

Ah crap I just left haha. I will hang out solo though until there is room somewhere!

code: IZNO

Blaquetooth is showing 20 days since last activity. If I don't see some activity from him or Urkaburka (15 days) by tomorrow, one of them is getting the boot and you get their spot. Hold tight till tomorrow!

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Cool thanks I will do so!

So i've just been playing enough to get my feet wet here. I have been running with:

Marid, Valkyrie, Banshee, Alchemist

I like Marid... probably more than is reasonable just because he makes so many treasure maps. I am thinking I should maybe swap out Banshee or alchemist though because I have nothing that takes green gems and it's pretty rare that enough gems filter down the chain to fire up alchemist. Any recommendations? I don't have any mythics yet and I have only finished the first town.. Also looking on recommendations on which hero to focus on, I've been working on the necro city so far.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm on daily if y'all have room for orochinem0. My guild was pretty hot for a while, but I think all the high performers moved on.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Izno posted:

Cool thanks I will do so!

So i've just been playing enough to get my feet wet here. I have been running with:

Marid, Valkyrie, Banshee, Alchemist

I like Marid... probably more than is reasonable just because he makes so many treasure maps. I am thinking I should maybe swap out Banshee or alchemist though because I have nothing that takes green gems and it's pretty rare that enough gems filter down the chain to fire up alchemist. Any recommendations? I don't have any mythics yet and I have only finished the first town.. Also looking on recommendations on which hero to focus on, I've been working on the necro city so far.

Treant is the perfect frontman for that team. He's tanky (particularly when traited) and covers blue/green. It's one of the best early teams you can put together. Treasure maps are fun at first, but they get tedious eventually. They are definitely a good source of income and materials early on.

Also, friendly reminder to new players: Do not donate gold to the guild until you have all your kingdoms unlocked. I would also recommend leveling them up to at least 5 before donating a substantial amount of gold. Getting kingdoms unlocked and leveled up is a permanent boost and huge source of gold, glory and souls because of the tribute system.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Perfect, I don't have treant yet but he definitely looks awesome. I'm sure he'll show up sometime here.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bandire posted:

Also, friendly reminder to new players: Do not donate gold to the guild until you have all your kingdoms unlocked. I would also recommend leveling them up to at least 5 before donating a substantial amount of gold. Getting kingdoms unlocked and leveled up is a permanent boost and huge source of gold, glory and souls because of the tribute system.

Unfortunately, the devs appear to have fixed the bug where the yellow statue bonus was applied once for each kingdom giving tribute. Now it just gets applied once overall at the end, making for lower rewards than we were getting for a while.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I've been running a Worm/Great Maw team for weeks, strap in boys. :getin:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Antti posted:

I've been running a Worm/Great Maw team for weeks, strap in boys. :getin:

I love my Great Maw. In a pinch, nothing beats being able to Devour someone straight off the board.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Bandire posted:

Izno never responded, so you get the last spot in Gem Boiz.

Thanks, man. Is there a trophy or gold requirement or is it just get in where you fit in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What's a good souls team now that TAVB doesn't have Necromancy? Banshee actually generates more souls than Valk which is a funny overreaction.

I'm finding TAVB pretty weak but it was such a solid team I used it for 200 levels I am level 400 now missing only most of the Mythics.