Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Andy Griffith is so drat good in A Face In The Crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Andy Griffith is so drat good in A Face In The Crowd.

Yeah he's legitimately very unsettling to watch.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Saying that violence isn't the answer is a plainly bullshit idea when we're in this mess specifically because "trying to be the better man" failed utterly and completely on all possible levels.

gently caress 'em. Kill nazis in the street, tbh.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Saying that violence isn't the answer is a plainly bullshit idea when we're in this mess specifically because "trying to be the better man" failed utterly and completely on all possible levels.

You think Sanders supporters should've used violence against Clinton supporters?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

You think Sanders supporters should've used violence against Clinton supporters?
:cripes: Shut up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sanders supporters aren't advocating the mass killing of all Clinton supporters

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
While you guys are sitting here having the same tired lefty tactical debates, Trump's buddies Tom Brady and Bill Belichik are advancing relentlessly on their fifth superbowl win :pwn:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Egbert Souse posted:

It's not. We're better than that. Our weapons are ideas, reason, and truth.

Now, violence is more than justified as defense, but don't be the one to throw the first punch.

When our opponents are literal Nazis, I'm not sure this is particularly useful. Peaceful protest only works on people that can be made to care. Nearly half the country wants to make the lives of the other half miserable. What does reason have to say against that?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Robot posted:

I'm hopeful, but hearing that a predominantly middle-class white party had some degree of contention with the Black Panthers doesn't make me optimistic.

Are we talking the OG Panthers or the New Black Panther Party? The former, yeah, agreed, but there's legit criticisms of the latter (even if I'm actually really fond of Quanell X).

e: specifically, the NBPP is anti-Semitic as fuuuuuck. like to crazy Alex Jones levels.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Egbert Souse posted:

It's not. We're better than that. Our weapons are ideas, reason, and truth.

Now, violence is more than justified as defense, but don't be the one to throw the first punch.

man gently caress all that pissy rear end noise

reason doesn't work on people who don't exist in a world of reason. "you need to reason with them" assumes that their ideas are worth arguing with instead of treating with scorn and derision, and when those ideas begin to actively harm people? you can go gently caress yourself and i hopeyou get punched everywhere you go

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

RIP drummer dude I'm not really familiar with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLL2j8ZtxE

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

the gently caress retarded poo poo is this shut the gently caress up

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yeah, free speech doesn't mean all opinions are valid, just that you're free to say them.
It also doesn't mean freedom of consequences, speak some dumb Nazi poo poo and a masked hero is gonna punch you in the fuckin' jaw.
And that's beautiful.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
one of my semi-distant cousins didn't get horrifying ptsd and a medal for killing nazis just so they could take over america and not get punched for espousing thier rear end in a top hat fuckhead bullshit

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress Whitey = Dickeye right?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

clearly

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

While you guys are sitting here having the same tired lefty tactical debates, Trump's buddies Tom Brady and Bill Belichik are advancing relentlessly on their fifth superbowl win :pwn:

I was hoping the commie Packers could beat them that would be a good move but I guess we just have to hope Atlanta can pull it off.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Are we talking the OG Panthers or the New Black Panther Party? The former, yeah, agreed, but there's legit criticisms of the latter (even if I'm actually really fond of Quanell X).

e: specifically, the NBPP is anti-Semitic as fuuuuuck. like to crazy Alex Jones levels.

OG. I just saw that part of the party's reason to break with China was that they were raising the Panthers to the level of the national revolutionary vanguard, which seems like petty internicene squabbling and suspect for a mainly white party.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

wyoming posted:

Yeah, free speech doesn't mean all opinions are valid, just that you're free to say them.
It also doesn't mean freedom of consequences, speak some dumb Nazi poo poo and a masked hero is gonna punch you in the fuckin' jaw.
And that's beautiful.

Moreover, "free speech" is a limitation on the state. Like most legal rights it's there to (attempt to) equalize the inherently inequal relationship between the state and the individual. It's a handicap, which is not something that individuals trying to fight systemic inertia, let alone an actively hostile society, should be worrying about.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Canada don't care about free speech & they're doing alright

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Canada don't care about free speech & they're doing alright

define "alright"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
theyre not the us

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hat Thoughts posted:

theyre not the us

Neither is Syria

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

theyre not the us

Considering Trudeau is buddy-buddying up to Trump like crazy, give em time.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Yeah, but atleast within a leftist organization you can get involved and meet others who take issue with the same things you're upset about. You can even try to work within that organization to change it or you can splinter off.

Like, its gonna be impossible for me to find a group that I agree with 100%, but atleast ill be able to meet and network with others whose goals are mostly aligned with my own. This is my hope with getting in with the DSA, so that while ideologically it might not be totally compatible, I can atleast get active and go from there.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

define "alright"

Slightly less racist than the US unless it's about native americans and then hoooly poo poo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

married but discreet posted:

Slightly less racist than the US unless it's about native americans and then hoooly poo poo

That video of Trudeau getting asked about UNDRIP when he thought he was posing for another cute selfie was great

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Trudeau seems like a real chump

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

RandallODim posted:

Trudeau seems like a real chump

*extremely Eminem voice* but he's so cute though

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

will smith don't need to cuss in his raps to sell albums

but i do

so gently caress him and gently caress you too

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Ohhhh, he's the Canadian Obama.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Tonight has also cemented for me that Peter Watkins is definitely in my top 5 directors ever.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah he's legitimately very unsettling to watch.

To think that's his film debut...nuts.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
*to sell records

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

All the OG BPP were killed or thrown in the deepest holes. That's how you know they were taken totally seriously.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

wyoming posted:

Ohhhh, he's the Canadian Obama.

I'd say worse because he's Canadian Obama if Obama were less charismatic and looked like Zack Braff

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I saw a Hillary campaign staffer I know share an article a while back about Justin Trudeau saying a mildly feminist thing and how that proves that he is "Top Woke Bae" and I wanted to gouge my dang eyes out.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I saw a Hillary campaign staffer I know share an article a while back about Justin Trudeau saying a mildly feminist thing and how that proves that he is "Top Woke Bae" and I wanted to gouge my dang eyes out.

These articles were all over the drat place for a while, usually accompanied by a picture of him jogging, but people seem to be coming around.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
a found footage movie:

imagine the blair witch but the payoff at the end is you see hillary emerging from a shack in the woods

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I MAY NOT BE THE DAD FROM THE WITCH

BUT I LOVE TO CHOP SOME MOTHERFUXKING WOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I MAY NOT BE THE DAD FROM THE WITCH