Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

There must be a horrible standard template used by EZ Pass states...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i haven't noticed comic sans yet so honestly it's doing pretty well!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

slightly less horrible :pwn:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i didnt need to see that...

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

what is going on with that child's spine

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
there's definitely a theme but VA paid a college intern

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
here's the one i use, because delaware doesn't charge any monthly/yearly fees

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
here on the best coast we don't have toll roads

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

we just have toll bridges and hot lanes

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fisting by many posted:

what is going on with that child's spine

no spines where we're going

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
pls make a lovely 90s/early 00s web design thread

it'll probably own (or be depressing)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

here on the best coast we don't have toll roads

yes you do. orange county alone has 45 miles of toll roads just by itself. and the southern part of CA-125 by san diego is tolled.

and then you have all the toll express lanes and tolled bridges and associated access routes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fishmech posted:

yes you do. orange county alone has 45 miles of toll roads just by itself. and the southern part of CA-125 by san diego is tolled.

and then you have all the toll express lanes and tolled bridges and associated access routes
that's in california though

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

that's in california though

not sure if you noticed recently but the west coast is like 80% california.

but washington's already got toll lanes and oregon's going to fully toll or build toll express lanes in portland area highways as soon as possible, they just submitted requests for authority to the feds last month. also, oregon has two toll bridges and washington has another two bridges besides the two toll bridges from oregon (which both go into washington).

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

fishmech posted:

west coast

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
oh god shut the gently caress up about tolls

unless you got security stuff to talk about regarding the transmitters go take it to that ask/tell thread about traffic control

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
fly away, tolls

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
thinking emoji

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

OSI bean dip posted:

unless you got security stuff to talk about regarding the transmitters go take it to that ask/tell thread about traffic control

i prefer the low tech route to dealing with those high 407 fees

Jewel
May 2, 2009

hey this owns

https://twitter.com/angealbertini/status/838676921466634240

it's supposedly possible with "so far PDF, PS, GIF"

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

OSI bean dip posted:

they're semi-passive UHF, meaning there's a battery that's only used to "answer" once a field is detected

passive UHF is the LP scanners in stores, similar tech is in the disney magic band

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Cold on a Cob posted:

i prefer the low tech route to dealing with those high 407 fees

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jewel posted:

hey this owns

https://twitter.com/angealbertini/status/838676921466634240

it's supposedly possible with "so far PDF, PS, GIF"

that's actually a 67 frame animated gif that applies changes per each frame that are visually invisible (and which doesn't loop, probably chosen that way because it changes the contents slightly to do it). they also use the per-frame comment feature and the trailing comment feature to further massage the stored data in the file to get the preferred md5

so, typical "stuff garbage into places where they won't be displayed and you can manipulate easy hashes" stuff

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

OSI bean dip posted:

Your whining every five minutes about people posting in your precious thread is way more annoying than a five post discussion about bad websites fyi

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Your whining every five minutes about people posting in your precious thread is way more annoying than a five post discussion about bad websites fyi

:rolleyes:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i haven't read a more incorrect thing all day

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

same tbh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i enjoy shitpost-y threads like the tech bubel thread that go on 200 page derails about the pittsburgh toilet and i also enjoy this thread for being mostly actual content and i like both just the way they are thanks

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.cyberscoop.com/wikileaks-cia-leak-failed-redactions-kaspersky-lab/

quote:

One image published in WikiLeaks’ archive contains what looks like trace route commands to Cisco routers in China. Interestingly, several of the possible victim IPs referenced in the image are hosted on the same range as the website for Russia’s embassy in China.

:madmax:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

fishmech posted:

that's actually a 67 frame animated gif that applies changes per each frame that are visually invisible (and which doesn't loop, probably chosen that way because it changes the contents slightly to do it). they also use the per-frame comment feature and the trailing comment feature to further massage the stored data in the file to get the preferred md5

so, typical "stuff garbage into places where they won't be displayed and you can manipulate easy hashes" stuff

i'm microsoft gif animator '95 running in windows 10

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

using impossibly ancient software in screenshots is his other gimmick. go find a screenshot of his phone where he has 200 things in the notification tray.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

yeah it starts up super quick on a modern system and shows all the frame annotation/location/delay etc info in a clear way.

it's excellent for giving a quick inspection of gifs like this, as well as for putting together simple animations. really the only complaint i have with it is you can't expand the window to see larger frame previews/more frame previews at once.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol notepad++ author is spooked
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notepad-7.3.3-fix-cia-hacking-issue.html

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
code signing is cool and good and its good for people to think about it even if its for silly poo poo like a text editor.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

code signing is cool and good and its good for people to think about it even if its for silly poo poo like a text editor.

:agreed:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Shaggar posted:

:agreed: but also the dll hijacking issue was only mentioned alongside other popular programs for an innocent looking program an asset would run on a targeted computer as a portable app

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wouldn't it be trivial for the CIA to just sign their DLL, i'm sure there's tons of friendly CA's that are more than happy to take $10 million or whatever in exchange for signing whatever

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
it wouldn't just check for "a certificate"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Shaggar posted:

ive seen np++ installed (yes installed, not just the portable exe) on a hilarious number of dev and prod application servers (usually SAP). unfortunately i do not have the clout to stop them so it's at least nice that the np++ dev is conscious of security

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Crime on a Dime posted:

it wouldn't just check for "a certificate"
:toxx:

• Locked thread