Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CassandraZara posted:

Google Tulsi Gabbard

She's hot as gently caress would vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

An ex soldier said bad things about extremist muslims therefore she's a shitlord or something even if she's a faithful hindu and proven progressive

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

An ex soldier said bad things about extremist muslims therefore she's a shitlord or something even if she's a faithful hindu and proven progressive

She defended the Lion Assad against Imperial USA aggressors. God Bless Tulsi Gababrd.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Progressive democrats are really upset about tulsi gabbard because she doesn't want to bomb syria as much as john kerry and hillary clinton do.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The worst thing about clinton is and was how provably non progressive she is. She has done nothing remotely left of center except to say things she doesn't mean. Honestly any of her other faults, though many, might be excusable if she wasn't a horrendously lovely republican taking democrat voters for a ride

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yug posted:

She's hot as gently caress would vote.

same, would

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I haven't read up on Syria in a while but isn't the goal reducing it to a meat-grinder and draining Russian resources?

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

That symbol combined with her slogan always reminded me of those 'I'm with stupid-->' tshirts

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pebergehund posted:

That symbol combined with her slogan always reminded me of those 'I'm with stupid-->' tshirts

reminds me of vietnam

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

I haven't read up on Syria in a while but isn't the goal reducing it to a meat-grinder and draining Russian resources?

no

Syria is a cutting edge 21st century intervention

with Afghanistan we intervened for a goal that could not be achieved

then with Iraq we intervened for a vague self destructive reasons

now with Syria we're pushing the boundaries and intervening for multiple contradictory vague reasons in support of multiple sides in a conflict.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Nice, that's very Foreign Policy 2.0

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Accretionist posted:

Centrists hate her. It must be because she's a (non-Clinton) woman.

It's because she told Hillary to get hosed after Bernie dropped out. Saying no to the Clinton machine as a Democrat takes balls.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Nice, that's very Foreign Policy 2.0

would that u accrued aids,then pased on

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CassandraZara posted:

Google Tulsi Gabbard

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3609

Hammed dropped! :classiclol:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yug posted:

Ask somebody who's ever had to deal with the VA how much they love single payer government healthcare.

But having a big, viable public option will probably drive down the costs of Cadillac health care plans because now they have actual competition. Why do you think they fought so hard to get Obama to kill even the small public option in Obamacare?

Also the VA isn't as bad as many insurance companies, and often has better benefits depending on what you have - mental health and drug addiction in particular are worlds better

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Not that the VA is perfect or even good for regular not-super-sick people, but insurance companies somehow manage to suck as much or more

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Having leftovers after a war is very inefficient and wasteful

There's starving children in India who would love to have those soldiers

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Finished. Disappointing lack of confirmation of the rumor she got plastered and started throwing things late election night.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i would vote for Ivanka Trump to be President solely on the fact that she is an insanely beautiful human, if she ran for office

i have no shame at all about this. i don't give a gently caress

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i would vote for Ivanka Trump to be President solely on the fact that she is an insanely beautiful human, if she ran for office

the second first lady to run for the office

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Tsk. Also she is actually extremely ugly due to defective Trump genetics but got herself fixed with plastic surgery hth

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Sigourney Weaver for president. We all know it should happen.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

I wonder if this email helps or hurts her in the long run.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

i am shocked that julian assange did not notice the email signature - someone should alert him to his grave error

quote:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

tactlessbastard posted:

Finished. Disappointing lack of confirmation of the rumor she got plastered and started throwing things late election night.

I would give my left nut for evidence confirming this.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

Tsk. Also she is actually extremely ugly due to defective Trump genetics but got herself fixed with plastic surgery hth

Trump was considered a good looking guy before he got all fat and old. Ivana was a model . Ivanka is a very attractive lady

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I'm sorry, I know the white guilt runs hard among you folks, but what exactly did Obama handle well? Was it bailing out the bankers you loved so much, or passing a health care law that was incomplete and destined for bloat and abuse? Was it put some control on college expenses and student loans?

I know Hillary would have thrown some money at K-12, and there Obama laid a huge poo poo.

Some infrastructure would have been pretty darn cool too. You know, more actual jobs and fewer memes of him dunking Oreos while dismissing all critique out of hand.

drat. That's some salt.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Someone post these aforementioned Oreos please

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Obama is another case of "Take a premise and work backwards" in liberal thinking on the internet. Hes a national hero because he isnt a white dude, so he must be the best ever president. So any mention of bailing out corporations, a very late support of civil rights for gays (something like 2010-2011) and the worst foreign policy since george w bush (pulling out of iraq was a loving stupid idea, at least Trump has the good sense to go back on his campaign promises) is just more toxic masculinity racism rape.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

people forget that the reason we backed Obama in '08 was because Hillary was so terrible back then that we knew she had a chance of losing to even a wildly unpopular Republican party

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Blue Train posted:

Got proof? Most of trumps physical ugliness stems from being severely insecure and unhealthy and trying to cover up these faults with surface treatments.

If he'd ditch the spray tan and the baggy suits and omg that hair he'd just look like any other rich dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ajUDl7JrA

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 6, 2017

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Reading this book right now. It goes chronologically, so I'm still in the primary (around the time of New Hampshire). You can tell the authors signed onto this gig to be chroniclers of the historical :siren: First Female President HRC :siren: but realized after the fact what they were witnessing. The language is super sympathetic to Hillary, even when it's talking about Hillary's faults. It vacillates between "Hillary was a quiet, reserved person in public, but an amazing, funny, and sharp woman in private. Hillary had to find a way to show voters who she really was!" and "No one, including Hilary, could really articulate why she was running for POTUS."

The whole thing reads like most of the book was written during the campaign as a love letter to the new president, but when HRC lost the election, the authors had to go back and add the salacious bits and gross incompetence.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Got proof? Most of trumps physical ugliness stems from being severely insecure and unhealthy and trying to cover up these faults with surface treatments.

Here's Ivanka looking more like Tiffany or Chelsea

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Here's Ivanka looking more like Tiffany or Chelsea

Can't speak for the pale toothy one but the tan one and ivanka look normal enough. That first picture though, yeesh.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Here's another just cause it's funny, this is Trump mom

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Obama is another case of "Take a premise and work backwards" in liberal thinking on the internet. Hes a national hero because he isnt a white dude, so he must be the best ever president. So any mention of bailing out corporations, a very late support of civil rights for gays (something like 2010-2011) and the worst foreign policy since george w bush (pulling out of iraq was a loving stupid idea, at least Trump has the good sense to go back on his campaign promises) is just more toxic masculinity racism rape.
Obama entered office with a really insane, messianic cult of personality around him. It is ludicrous to look back on.

I was a student then and remember an op-ed writing assignment in class right after his election. I argued that, while him being elected was a positive, his very job as president would be incompatible with the kind of revolutionary changes he promised, including that regarding race, which is a systemic problem, etc. Another student called me a racist for this.

Hard to say how his support for gay rights will look a few decades from now. IMO there was an extraordinary shift in the culture during the Obama years, having grown up a pretty homophobic environment. It was probably wise for him to ride along with it rather than trying to shove it through. I'm not sure people living 50 years from now will care whether Obama was late to the party by two years.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Uncanny...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Obama entered office with a really insane, messianic cult of personality around him. It is ludicrous to look back on.

I was a student then and remember an op-ed writing assignment in class right after his election. I argued that, while him being elected was a positive, his very job as president would be incompatible with the kind of revolutionary changes he promised, including that regarding race, which is a systemic problem, etc. Another student called me a racist for this.

Hard to say how his support for gay rights will look a few decades from now. IMO there was an extraordinary shift in the culture during the Obama years, having grown up a pretty homophobic environment. It was probably wise for him to ride along with it rather than trying to shove it through. I'm not sure people living 50 years from now will care whether Obama was late to the party by two years.

Two years doesn't make a difference. George Wallace supported segregation as late as 1970 and by 1972 had disavowed it.

Wallace is still rightly remembered as a racist shitheel.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It was probably wise for him to ride along with it rather than trying to shove it through. I'm not sure people living 50 years from now will care whether Obama was late to the party by two years.

Hahaha what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Obama ended Don't Ask Don't Tell though before Biden forced his hand on the marriage issue.

The decent strain of American culture has been fine with gay people for a LONG time. The only reason I think Obama wasn't pushing for marriage reform from the get go is that there is a significant amount of homophobia in the black community. He'd rather ride the wave of bottom-up reform than stick his neck out and risk alienating some of his base.

• Locked thread