Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's okay value in vacuum but yea that mythril would be even better spend on realm pulls or RoP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I pulled on the Black Friday banner because I was half-awake and didn't fully realize it was a full price pull.

Firion Brave USB
Rinoa LMR Enice
Gogo6 LMR

A real roller coaster of emotion.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Avalerion posted:

It's okay value in vacuum but yea that mythril would be even better spend on realm pulls or RoP.

I'm done with realm pulls and ROP isn't for a while so I pulled while half asleep and high on nyquil and got dupe celes LMR, Ingus USB, and Fujin ASB. Worth it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
With all the free things I’ve gotten I joined in on the sleepy pulls and threw the rest of the iTunes balance I had sitting on my account at them. FFBE has been pretty awful lately but I can’t resist spending money on Final Fantasy. So I did the Black Friday one and now I have A bunch of wind attacks with cloud (I believe this was the 500 - choose a bundle one?), Papalymo’s super (5 ice attacks) and Noel’s ultra (10 ice attacks) and I want to say for the starter quest book completion I took Laguna’s clothes (ice imperil on machinist abilities). So now I guess I’m all in on ice and wind even more now.

From what little I’ve put together so far (mentally) and what I’ve pulled I’m assuming I should focus hard on Ice first.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

DeadButDelicious posted:

Anyone bothering with the Black Friday pull? Very wary of it myself - full priced pull with guaranteed 3 5-stars or above. Maybe I've been spoiled by the realm 15 pulls and the luckies we've had. Plus RoP will be out soon anyway.
I pulled because pulling is fun

Fun pull! Everything is new

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The last couple Black Friday pulls have been free. This one is not. Therefore I'm not pulling :colbert:

Good luck to those who do though :)

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

The last couple Black Friday pulls have been free. This one is not. Therefore I'm not pulling :colbert:

Good luck to those who do though :)
Last year's wasn't free, they just gave out 50 mythril leading up to the draw that made it seem free.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah they've always been 50. It really doesn't seem worth it this year considering that realm draws exist. And the next fest and RoP are coming up pretty soon after. Without any curation there's a pretty good chance that it'll be 3/11 trash. Congrats if you get good stuff though.

I still have nightmares about tiny bee/11 on the burst only one a couple of years ago.

FruitPunchSamurai fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 23, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I pulled on it anyway because pulls. Got some assorted trash along with Golbez's Dark Radiant Shield BSB.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Pulled on Black Friday banner against my better judgement

1 Palom BSSB(dupe)
1 Lunneth Wind OSB(Dupe)
1 Noctis AOSB

Ok that last one made it worth it. Not bad overall, since Noctis gives a very important niche in giving the bird to omniresist jerkoffs.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ill advised Black Friday results:

Maria OSB
Garland OSB
Aerith LMR (dupe)

Eh. I'm now two relics off from a complete Maria (SSB, ASB) but nothing too amazing there. I gotta say my old Garland BSB has gone up a bit in value since pulling his ASB and OSB, at least.

You'd think getting two OSBs here would mean I should skip the OSB Lucky. And I really should.

I probably won't.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Pulled on the FF14 banner - ALWAYS PULL!

Thancred USB
Papalymo AOSB
Papalymo LMR (dupe)

I never really know how to best use AOSBs, but honestly just letting Papalymo spam meltdowns until he hits 3 bars ended Sealion in 18 seconds and I ended up getting Isegebind to like 10% on my first try, so I figure you don't need to do much more than that. Just gotta figure out how to do that last little burst. Probably dropping Shelke for Terra or something.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Shoenin posted:

Pulled on Black Friday banner against my better judgement

1 Palom BSSB(dupe)
1 Lunneth Wind OSB(Dupe)
1 Noctis AOSB

Ok that last one made it worth it. Not bad overall, since Noctis gives a very important niche in giving the bird to omniresist jerkoffs.

My experience - I'm too lazy to bother looking at the actual numbers - is that his AOSB has inflated potency to compensate for not being able to capitalize on enelement. You can, however, use his USB1 to boost it, I usually see him hit for 200k+ total with that up.

People can bag on Cloud USB1 all they want, Noctis+Cloud with some stat breakdown support from Vaan pretty nicely grind the irritating omniresist fights that seem to creep up in CT/at the high end of events into dust.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Managed my first Tiamat kill, but man I have to pay attention the entire time.

For anyone who can sub-30, what's your setup? Mine is this:

LD Rinoa, SBW En-Ice, Brave USB
LD Ayame, BSB, OSB, LMR
Snow CSB
LD Tyro Godwall, and the breaks to help mitigate against Absorb Magic/Strength
Penelo USB, LMR
RW Fabula Raider

(and I just realized I could put +ice dresses on Ayame and Snow, whoops)

I have a few other tools but unsure how I can best leverage or drop existing party members to either make the fight easier or faster:

LD Squall with BSB2, but he seems to take too long to ramp up
Umaro BSB, I know there's someone here that uses him
Firion Brave USB, but no w-cast samurai and no inherent en-ice
LD Vivi with USB, worth it to figure out a Trance trigger?
LD Celes AOSB, BSB2, LMR, but no inherent en-ice
Instant Healer USBs: Minwu, Aria, Rosa, Porom, Aerith 2, Penelo

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Maybe sub in Vivi for Ayame. Even without trance, Vivi with USB is still pretty good though it might require you to hone some more ice magic. Maybe use tyro as an entrust bot as well. With all the mitigation you have with Godwall, you really need more dps enabling options. At the very least you can probably do without power break since you're using Penelo USB. Anything to make your dps ramp up sooner is better.

On the physical side of things, you could try entrusting to aerith with bsb2 to enable squall bsb2 stuff while keeping ayame and snow in. You gotta get into a good rhythm with squall to make the most out of it, but with a steady supply of quickcast he would be able to dish out a lot of damage. The last stand would also get around you not using breaks to decrease damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
If you have Raijin SSB you can use 2 entrusters to have him just spam it literally every turn giving everyone instant cast and Last Stand. Squall and Ayame can do enough damage to sub 30 with that setup.

Best part is that you don't need healers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Replace Rinoa with Squall and make Tyro an entrust bot, also give squall the TG Mode RM. Entrust Squall a single wrath, and then give the rest to Penelo. Try to time it so that the chain starts right before Squall casts his BSB, which should be around the 8-10s mark IME. That should be more than enough for sub 30.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Was doing the Archfiends crystal tower fight and was getting through it no problem despite it being such a tedious fight but then I get to Tiamat who immediately does two aoe attacks for 5k cuz i forgot to reapply wall. Some of the stuff in this game is such tedious bullshit, like I know I can complete the fight but I only want the rewards, the actual gameplay isn't fun at all.

Most days im just logging in once, doing three fights real quick to get maximum daily mythril so I can pull on stuff, which is the only enjoyment I get out of this game lately

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Re: Magicite Tiamat

If you have butz glint+lmr you can make a pretty reliable team that way too; my team was butz, Squall BSB2, Snow chain, OK pUSB and Penelo

re: Archfiends

Yeah the archfiends were pretty rough. Pretty sure I took my op as hell phys dark team to roll them; Id suggest doing something similar, should you have a gen2 chain

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Eight-Six posted:

For anyone who can sub-30, what's your setup? Mine is this:

My personal Tiamat sub-30 is Ysayle USB, Lulu USB, OK mUSB, Relm USB, Deuce BSB. All dived except Ysayle. Onion entrusts (mostly to Relm or Lulu), Deuce off-heals or uses Allegro, Relm main-heals. The main RNG is making sure that Tiamat doesn't smack my two DPS with a MAG debuff.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Got my first D??? kill :toot: Agrias was actually out of hones at the end and had to activate my Siren magicite a 2nd time to finish the last bit of health.

I've had most of the relics since it was released but it took until a few weeks ago when I got Agrias' USB imperil from the relic draws to really be able to close it out, and even then I had to hone 4 copies of Assault Saber up to R4 to have enough gas to finish the job. I also recently finished the Siren magicite which helped a ton. I could probably mess around with execution a bit and try to get the time down, this attempt obviously came down to the wire because I messed up and used my big heals too early, but I finally completed it! I think I'll wait until Enhancing strike comes out before I worry about trying to get sub-30 though. Glad to finally have this in the books, since it's the only realm I'm even close to being able to complete D??? on.

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 25, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally cleared the Nightmares and proceeded to get my rear end handed to me by Bismarck.

So what's my best bet to get chains and element SBs? My best team is lightning based, but I have no lightning chain. The only chains I have are Warrior of Light's and Zack's, but none of the magicites seem to be weak to holy and I don't think I can put together a good wind team at the moment.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bismarck is kind of a tough one to start with in a vacuum. There aren't any real tricks to the fight, but Bismarck doesn't need any; it hits hard and its multielemental offense makes it hard to defend against. Sealion and Hydra are the most straightforward fights otherwise. Liquid Flame is pretty weird and gimmicky, but it's probably the easiest fight once you understand how it works. Obviously everything depends on the strength of your team, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally cleared the Nightmares and proceeded to get my rear end handed to me by Bismarck.

So what's my best bet to get chains and element SBs? My best team is lightning based, but I have no lightning chain. The only chains I have are Warrior of Light's and Zack's, but none of the magicites seem to be weak to holy and I don't think I can put together a good wind team at the moment.

You'll get the Holy and Dark magicites after beating the first six. That said, there's elemental "pickup" banners with a handful of strong relics for an element as the second banner for a lot of events, and Fest banners tend to be elementally-themed nowdays. Those are your best bets for getting your elemental game to spread out.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Liquid Flame might be a good starting place if you have Tidus Gear, Butz Gear, and/or a Ninja with wcast.

Sealion was my personal first, where I fed and wrathed Terra bars and used SSB2 into OSBs while another fire mage (Ace in my case) used Meltdown/USB

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cattail Prophet posted:

Bismarck is kind of a tough one to start with in a vacuum. There aren't any real tricks to the fight, but Bismarck doesn't need any; it hits hard and its multielemental offense makes it hard to defend against. Sealion and Hydra are the most straightforward fights otherwise. Liquid Flame is pretty weird and gimmicky, but it's probably the easiest fight once you understand how it works. Obviously everything depends on the strength of your team, though.

Is it possible to do Hydra without an earth chain or imperil? I got Drogann's USB, Bartz earth enelement BSB along with his spellblade triplecast LM, and Ingus BSB.

Might go Sealion though. Got Terra's USB and BSB2, Rafia BSB, Lann BSB, and Thancred fire imperil BSB.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 25, 2018

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

It is possible to do Hydra without a chain. The earth tech you listed should be enough. I did it with Ursula and Rydia BSB back before I had any really good earth stuff. Bartz with LM2 and LMR will clean house with tremoring quadstrike and blastspell strike if you have it, and Dorgann can just spam earth sabre. Maybe bring another off dps if you have it, shout or some other boostga with hastega, and a healer with USB or BSB and doublecast and you should be able to do it. Off the top of my head, shellga is the only mitigation you really need other than wall. If you bring Gaia Cross on Dorgan, he can use it to eat all the physical hits.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh, absolutely. You don't need chains for 3*, and arguably don't for 4*. They make things easier but all you really need is some good solid DPS of that element and a way to handle the boss's gimmick. In Hydra's and Sealion's case both, that gimmick is just damage and more damage, so running double healer with Bartz/Dorgann against Hydra or even Terra Solo DPS against Sealion should probably see you through.

You may not get a sub-30 time on them your first go through, but all that's really for is a few extra arcana (magicite growth eggs) nowdays so it's not life or death.

It's just 5* magicite and their million plus HP and 20% weakness (as opposed to the standard 50% that bosses nowdays have) that begs the need for chains or imperils.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 25, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks for the advice everyone. Time to start powering up a few people.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

hey girl you up posted:

20 gems for a single 4* mote, good stuff

:golfclap:

Saved up 300 myth for the FF14 banner with the intention to do a max of 5 pulls:

1) Minfilia LMR
2) Minfilia LMR
3) Thancred USB
4) Alphinaud Glint, Papalymo ASB
5) Minfilia BSB, Eiko LMR (???)

Didn't like my luck, so ragepulled:

6) Alphinaud CSB, Thancred BSB, Alphinaud LMR (dupe)

I mean...I got some gems, but I really wanted Papalymo USB. Ah well.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 25, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

5) Minfilia BSB, Eiko LMR (???)

Congratulations on your "luck" :haw:

It's less likely to get an offbanner nowdays than it is to get an Actually Useful 5/6* out of the daily draw, I think, though I haven't run the actual numbers.

But it still happens.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Having a strange glitch - FFRK won't connect when I'm on wifi, but will when I turn wifi off. I haven't changed anything about my wifi situation, not sure why this might be?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As always, try deleting your cache.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The new common relic draw owns. Two days in a row I got BSB relics. First one is Noel's and it looks like it pairs nicely with his ice doublecast LM that I've had for a while and the second one is a boost healer BSB for one of the beyond characters.

I mean it's nothing crazy, but it's not trash either at least I don't think it is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fister Roboto posted:

As always, try deleting your cache.

Unfortunately, didn't fix things.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

Having a strange glitch - FFRK won't connect when I'm on wifi, but will when I turn wifi off. I haven't changed anything about my wifi situation, not sure why this might be?

Happened to me all morning too. Other games were working fine.

I just rebooted my phone and it works now but it may be a timing coincidence.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Have you set up to use FFRKompanion? It's a proxy, which means if you haven't turned it on, the wifi will be trying to redirect traffic to it and failing, which just drops it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What is considered the "best" RW right now? I've had Shadow BSB up forever but would it help more people if I had Godwall or Elarra USB up instead?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

shadow bsb will be way more helpful for the foreseeable future imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I'm basically tripping over Godwalls, but it takes me forever to find a Shadow BSB.