Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Oh, well good job Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So Caliborn likes world building now? Even weirder was the start of trickster mode, when he seemed to not only be not too angry about a lowly female ganking his Juju, but seemed to show some plain, ordinary positive feelings for Jane.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I'm not concerned about the hammer so much as I am the Thistles. Are they for Rose? John took her specibus back in Act 5. ...Can the Condesce use clockwork majyyks as emissary of Lord English?

Maybe the gun is for Roxy and the wands are for Jade? They are the Thistles of Zillywich. And some of the other witches we've seen in the comic, like the Handmaiden, were wand users. And John had the needlekind strife-syllabus and could have given it to Jade.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What are the odds anyone will even want to use these silly-rear end weapons once they come to their senses/arrive anyway? John would've, but he already got himself a better, sillier hammer.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The Cutlass of Zillywair was created for Dirk but then he went and made his own Unbreakable Katana again. It'll have to break in order to be appropriate for Dave to use.
Nah, nah, ya'll are getting your archetypal wires crossed here. Striders are ironic rapping roof ninjas, and Zillywair's explicitly a pirate cutlass. Also, come on, like either Strider would be caught dead swinging that gaudy piece of poo poo around. Really now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I have a suspicion the Tricksters have some level of meta-knowledge of what their Ancestors used and are preparing appropriately for the encounter.

I just hope they're not planning to turn them into Tricksters, too.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Seoinin posted:

Nah, nah, ya'll are getting your archetypal wires crossed here. Striders are ironic rapping roof ninjas, and Zillywair's explicitly a pirate cutlass. Also, come on, like either Strider would be caught dead swinging that gaudy piece of poo poo around. Really now.

Counterpoint: Dave used the Sord and the Sno-Cone Caledscratch.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm honestly too tired to tell: Amusing coincidence, complete insanity, or Hussie being Hussie?

Because, you know, every single mystery planet has to be Earth.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

hussie posted:

If you beheld this kingdom - if you even knew its name - you would understand stupidity no human ever has.

i dunno hussie, you're bringing us pretty close to it right now

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Seoinin posted:

So, what, we're thinking ghost jailbreak and Vriska gets the cutlass?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cabbit posted:

So, what, we're thinking ghost jailbreak and Vriska gets the cutlass?

Well I was thinking more like "wow this is the Platonic Sword from which all swords are derived. ahaha, as if" followed by ditching it like it was made out of nuclear waste. But I like your idea better.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Seoinin posted:

Well I was thinking more like "wow this is the Platonic Sword from which all swords are derived. ahaha, as if" followed by ditching it like it was made out of nuclear waste. But I like your idea better.

I bet it'll just be a multipanel joke about Dave continuing to use lame weapons

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Hussie's contempt for his fan base is the reason this comic is amusing.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bobulus posted:

I'm honestly too tired to tell: Amusing coincidence, complete insanity, or Hussie being Hussie?

Because, you know, every single mystery planet has to be Earth.
Well, we already know that the cherub's planet is just B2 Earth. We don't know how it or the meteor got there, but it's no news that Caliborn's session is the one following the kid's session. So I guess this is meant to be a map of B2 Earth Zilly-fied? I don't even know what I'm thinking anymore.

Forever Koos
Jan 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Andrew Hussie proved one simple fact: Andrew Hussie can exist. It doesn't matter whether he's man, insect, or neither. It doesn't matter if any of us are.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Forever Koos
Jan 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkk0pkv7uu3j2ym/koos%20group.mp3

Forever Koos
Jan 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Forever Koos posted:

Andrew Hussie proved one simple fact: Andrew Hussie can exist. It doesn't matter whether he's man, insect, or neither. It doesn't matter if any of us are.

Oh my god.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Did you have a moment of amnesia and clarity and see one of your own posts? Pretty spectacular feeling, right? Thanks, Koos.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I'm genuinely curious how someone can hate a webcomic so much that they will spend $100+ to register accounts on a paid internet webforum just to mock/slam it. I just don't understand the mindset. Too much money and not enough sense I guess.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm genuinely curious how someone can hate a webcomic so much that they will spend $100+ to register accounts on a paid internet webforum just to mock/slam it. I just don't understand the mindset. Too much money and not enough sense I guess.

I don't understand why you think he hates it. He seems to like it. I'm pretty sure he reads it. He bought a bunch of FYAD flags for it.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Ariong posted:

I don't understand why you think he hates it. He seems to like it. I'm pretty sure he reads it. He bought a bunch of FYAD flags for it.

I really don't know what emotion he feels toward the comic because it seems to be pretty much any/everything. Replace "hate" with whatever feeling it is that Koos has, and my point still stands though.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I'm pretty sure the proper term for what Koos feels is "schizophrenia". That seems to be a theme with all the people who obsessively rereg.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

President Ark posted:

I'm pretty sure the proper term for what Koos feels is "schizophrenia". That seems to be a theme with all the people who obsessively rereg.

I'm fairly sure Koos only has one emotion, and that emotion is called "koos". If you are not Koos, you are incapable of feeling koos and attempting to describe koos to us plebians is like describing colour to a blind man.

gently caress, koos doesn't even look like a real word anymore.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Enough about Koos, let's talk about FANCY SANTAS.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Enough about Koos, let's talk about FANCY SANTAS.

I've got a better idea, let's talk about ZILLY SANTAS

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
When Dirk was being trickstered, I honestly hoped for a return of the fancy santas. But not like this. Dear lord, not like this.

Edit: I liked the detail that Dirk was there when they alchemized a regular santa, but when they made a zilly santa, he booked.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 25, 2013

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I have touched the face of god, and it made squeaky noises.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's been about 12 hours since my book arrived, and the stickers are almost completely devoid of any smell. End of an era.

Anyway, the Tricksters are now directly contradicting the wishes of the author. I predict that they will make a Zillifying Wolf Head, prompting the end of this ludacris sub act.

Luda!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Meanwhile Dirk has completely checked out.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

So, after all this insanity, it got me wondering..

Why's all the Sbahj gone? Hasn't been updated in, like, forev's. Did the book suck all the Sbahj creative content out of Hussie the whole time, or is he done Sbahj'ing for good?

Man that book can't arrive soon enough, need my fix.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
If there are future SBAHJ comics I hope they're also released in a printable form so book owners can print their own copies.

Obviously the printed version will be in lovely resolution and look like its been printed on a sheet of paper which already had stuff written on it, as well as all the colours intentionally bleeding into eachother to simulate an inkjet printer malfunction. People can use their paperclop to attach it all together.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm honestly worried that Hussie is done with SBAHJ, since the thing about the book DID say that it contains the complete run.

(or the book... DOESENT comtain the complete runs?? what a piace of poo poo)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It won't truly be Gristmas until someone makes Johnny 5.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dorroile posted:

I'm honestly worried that Hussie is done with SBAHJ, since the thing about the book DID say that it contains the complete run.

(or the book... DOESENT comtain the complete runs?? what a piace of poo poo)

The fact that he states "all existing Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comics" on the main site makes me hopeful that there will be more. Like he's implying there are nonexistent ones or something that have yet to be brought kicking and screaming into this world, bathed in jpeg artifacts.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Nate RFB posted:

It won't truly be Gristmas until someone makes Johnny 5.
Johnny 5 is old news.

They need to make Zilly 5 for a true trickstery Gristmas :v:

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Anyone got a link for the trippy reading of this one?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Baron La Croix posted:

Anyone got a link for the trippy reading of this one?

in my dream i am the star. its me

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

lotus circle posted:

Johnny 5 is old news.

They need to make Zilly 5 for a true trickstery Gristmas :v:
Something zilliful has happened, Zilly 5 is alive.

It can't be too much longer until everyone arrives. :ohdearsass:

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

The hammer is clearly the hammer that is sent back in time, to be sent into the other universe with Liv Tyler. The other weapons alchemised are weapons for the four Alpha kids, (neat) and for Rose and Dave, who no longer have any weapons since they lost them upon their realselves dying. Assumably Jade collected her old stuff from her dead deceased corpse on her planet (how grim).

Aside from the fact that Dave has the Royal Deringer, both him and Rose could still make new weapons using the Troll's alchemiters, and having the cream of the crop in the Troll's endgame weapons to choose from would mean no shortage of good ingredients.

And in Rose's case, three years could be more than enough time to figure out the code for a new strife specibus. Assuming she even needs a weapon anymore, given we don't know what all her God Tier powers give her. Ditto with Jade, but even moreso given she can probably shoot giant radioactive death lasers, given what Becsprite could do. It still makes me wonder, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder how and when the weapons will get into the Lotus capsule. They go in now, I don't think, because Dirk/Roxy/Jane were the last things to presumably enter the thing and it's a first-in-first-out sort of queue. So I guess, somehow the weapons get made and someone (Gamzee) goes back in time and dumps them into the lotus.

They never did explain how Gamzee got a Zillyhoo in the first place, did they? I...guess it's this one, somehow?