Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

spog posted:

Obviously, you are black.

It appears to be a genetic deficiency as it seems to happen so often to black people - often in police interview rooms.

:cop: It's the darnedest thing - he slipped and fell backwards really hard onto a handful of bullets that some fool had left lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

spog posted:

Obviously, you are black.

It appears to be a genetic deficiency as it seems to happen so often to black people - often in police interview rooms.

Officially, it is called 'excited delirium.'

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jippa posted:

Incredible. Force every US police officer to wear a camera 24/7.

http://gizmodo.com/nypd-s-proposed-body-camera-policies-are-a-disaster-for-1794169402

You say that but

quote:

the proposed policy doesn’t detail the disciplinary actions for officers that don’t comply with recording policies. ... There’s no clear protocol for dealing with officers who fail to record their own use of force.

Additionally, officers are able to review body camera footage before filing an official report, even if there’s lethal use of force. This doesn’t just provide the opportunity for officers to tailor their reports to the footage, it makes it really easy. Previously, video footage that contradicted a police report has helped catch officers in a lie—lying that a fatally shot man had grabbed their Taser or that another fatally shot man attacked an officer with a knife.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The amount of people rising up to defend the corporation vs the beaten doctor (both in this thread and in general) is extremely distressing to me

Our country and our people have gone to poo poo, we're so rotten to the loving core that it extends from the traditional power structures such as corporations/politicians all the way down to your average citizen. I think lowtax was onto something when he said that the internet was going to make humanity mega lovely (he probably mutters this to himself in a half-crazed voice on the daily, can't think of any specific instance)

I know, doomsday doom n gloom and all but my field of study was in rhetoric so I like to trace how people shape their idiot beliefs and I'm really bummed out about where we are, collectively

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Apr 10, 2017

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Gov. Robert Bentley was expected to resign Monday rather than risk impeachment over allegations he abused his powers to cover up an extramarital affair with a top aide, a former administration member said.

The mild-mannered 74-year-old Republican and one-time Baptist deacon was at peace with the decision and planned to announce it during a Cabinet meeting Monday afternoon, according to the person, who was not authorized to release the information and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

The sex-tinged scandal gathered force over the past few days and legislators turned up the pressure by opening impeachment hearings Monday. Bentley had steadfastly refused to resign, even though it appeared he had practically no support in the GOP-controlled Legislature.

Bentley's resignation would follow the ouster of former House Speaker Mike Hubbard, who left office in 2016 after being convicted on ethics charges, and former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore, who was suspended from his post last year over an order opposing same-sex marriage.

Bentley, a staunch family-values conservative who won two terms partly because of his reputation for moral rectitude, was first engulfed in scandal last year after recordings surfaced of him making sexually charged comments to 45-year-old political adviser Rebekah Caldwell Mason.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a369debc7a094cfaaaf2b8feaf672a7e/alabama-lawmakers-open-impeachment-hearings-against

Good riddance to hypocritical trash.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KingSlime posted:

The amount of people rising up to defend the corporation vs the beaten doctor (both in this thread and in general) is extremely distressing to me

Our country and our people have gone to poo poo, we're so rotten to the loving core that it extends from the traditional power structures such as corporations/politicians all the way down to your average citizen. I think lowtax was onto something when he said that the internet was going to make humanity mega lovely (he probably mutters this to himself in a half-crazed voice on the daily, can't think of any specific instance)

I know, doomsday doom n gloom and all but my field of study was in rhetoric so I like to trace how people shape their idiot beliefs and I'm really bummed out about where we are, collectively

This is nothing new. People have always been lovely. Now it's just easier for everyone to hear everyone else.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Perhaps so, maybe I'm a victim of my own fascination with public discourse

Public discourse is beyond hosed, and access to so much information in our palms has not made this any better (arguably worsened it due to instant outrage and political actors deeply entrenched in social media being a thing now)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

trickybiscuits posted:

Oh man, that's the good stuff

I haven't seen this one here: Tomi Lahren sues for wrongful termination. No matter how it goes, somebody I don't like is going to lose.

quote:

In a statement released to reporters, the Blaze said “it is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her.”

That statement is going to bite them in the rear end. You don't have to wait for your last paycheque to file wrongful termination.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Same in the US. It's a pretty weird situation they pulled off. Even for Chicago PD.

Fun fact: the Chicago police have "black sites" where they took suspects without proper processing to torture and incarcerate without charges or attorney access and pretty much nothing came of the revelation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone pretty much knew about them too. A few gang members that lived behind me once told us that the cops would take them places and beat the poo poo out of them if they didn't stay off certain streets when thye were told.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Here's the big question: can the doctor's patients sue the airline/police for delaying the doctor?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He should apologize for having to re-accommodate that guy's face.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, how dare people talk about a current event.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Finding too many people talking about United, Delta decides to lose some luggage

http://www.wral.com/man-s-body-gets-lost-on-flight-leaving-from-raleigh/16636237/

quote:

Rhodes had made arrangements for the body to be flown from Raleigh to Nashville for the funeral, but the body didn't arrive as planned.

"Bryant was rerouted to Salt Lake City in a cargo hold, and we didn't know how to get him to Nashville," said Rhodes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Azhais posted:

Finding too many people talking about United, Delta decides to lose some luggage

http://www.wral.com/man-s-body-gets-lost-on-flight-leaving-from-raleigh/16636237/

Ha! This is gonna lead to some amazing "Late to his own funeral" jokes at the wake.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

KingSlime posted:

It's a decades long, multi-pronged push to brand anything impeding the flow of commerce to be immoral. Same with the notion that any non-compliance with police is criminal, and any protest of government is unpatriotic.

Seeing something clearly wrong, but in line with this societal conditioning causes uncomfortable cognitive dissonance, and a person will twist themselves into a pretzel to ease that conflict.

This is totally "too woke" "wake up sheeple" language, but I can't make sense of America otherwise.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Who isn't defending the doctor? All I've seen is whether United or the police are at fault. (The answer is both, and who's more wrong depends on who it was that decided to beat up a doctor.)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
To be fair yes the large majority of people are quickly switching over to the Dr.'s side after seeing additional footage but early impressions were not so receptive. Not to mention, the amount of would-be nazi sympathizers is still alarming, though it's probably the nature of a virtual soapbox to attract those types.

I think people want to believe x could never happen to them and instantly try to zone in on why the victim is at fault. In a smaller scale, I know my mom does this (she blamed my brother for being careless and hanging out in "lovely areas" when someone broke into his car in his dorm parking lot :shrug:). The concept of "random hosed up poo poo could happen to you RIGHT NOW through absolute no fault of your own" is really troublesome for most people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is the thread’s equivalent of “Think of the war! Think of the widows!”

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

As much joy as I derive from the horrible state of things, I also like idiots getting owned so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-HucWTj4g

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I dont think the police should have treated him that way but going back onto the plane after you've been removed once is a terrible loving idea

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
This poo poo's not hard, folks:

1) Federal law says you do what the flight crew says or else.
2) Man is selected randomly to get bumped.
3) Man does not do what flight crew says.
4) Man gets removed from plane. See #1.
5) Everyone involved acted like shitheads.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Seems to me like they continued to rough him up unnecessarily as badge-wearing mongrels tend to do when their adrenaline is pumping.

This is really more about police brutality than it is about how a corporation did a lovely job of handling a situation when I think about it, and I think the discussion at large is slowly heading there

Cue family members of cops rising up to bitch about how this is yet another attack on Blue Lives

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

If you don't do what the crew says cops should nut in your eyes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Veth posted:

You don't see anything wrong here? These are two perfectly fine steps with no flaws to you?

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson sex tapes?

Is this present DeGrasse? Or vintage DeGrasse?

...comic-book DeGrasse?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Veth posted:

Man is a doctor who had patients scheduled for the following day. gently caress healthcare!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Veth posted:

I think a person beaten half to death over an argument regarding a glorified bus seat is less of a shithead than the instigators of violence.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol beaten half to death

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
b-b-b-but federal law guys

*masturbates to a large, majestic painting of an eagle perched on top of a U.S. flag while Homeland plays in the background*

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BraveUlysses posted:

lol beaten half to death

OK, only beaten sixth to death. I can't be certain of his starting HP pool, though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KingSlime posted:

Seems to me like they continued to rough him up unnecessarily as badge-wearing mongrels tend to do when their adrenaline is pumping.

This is really more about police brutality than it is about how a corporation did a lovely job of handling a situation when I think about it, and I think the discussion at large is slowly heading there

Cue family members of cops rising up to bitch about how this is yet another attack on Blue Lives

Eh, I don't think they continued to rough him up once they got him out of the seat. Still got his face bounced off an arm rest though. I'm sure he was no angel.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait how is the doctor a shithead.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because he didn't abide by the contract of carriage that was his ticket.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Eh, I don't think they continued to rough him up once they got him out of the seat. Still got his face bounced off an arm rest though. I'm sure he was no angel.

The way they dragged his half-conscious body through the aisle, he is sure to have gotten some blood on the carpet, which is just inconsiderate.

VVV
I've taken the subway without a valid ticket more than once, I'm lucky to be alive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

For not obeying law enforcement and showing a blatant disregard for United's bottomline. :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CharlestheHammer posted:

He paid money. The problem is that he didn't pay enough money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Veth posted:

Exclusive footage of me reading this post.

https://twitter.com/thepileus/status/851497970692390913